Philippe Starck (born January 18, 1949)  is a French designer Berninahaus since the start of his career in the 1980s for his interior, product, industrial and architectural design waaronder furniture and objects therein harbor simple but Inventive structures.  
The sun or an Aeronautical Engineer, Starck studied at the Ecole Camondo in Paris. An inflatable structures have imagined in 1969 was a first incursions JSON questions or Materiality, and an early indicator of Starck’s interest in where and how people live. Starck’s designs brought` im to the attention of Pierre Cardin who offered im a job as artistic director of his publishing house. [ Citation needed ]
While working for Cardin, Starck set up his first industrial design company, Starck Product – welke he later renamed Ubik  after Philip K. Dick’s novel – and Began working with manufacturers in Italy – DRIADE, Alessi , Kartell – and Internationally, zoals Austria’s Drimmer, Vitra in Switzerland and Spain’s Disform. His concept of democratic design LED im to focus on mass-produktie consumer goods Rather dan one-off pieces, seeking ways to cost-reducing and verbeteren quality in mass-market goods. 
In 1983, the French President François Mitterrand , on the recommendation of his Minister of Culture Jack Lang , Chose Starck to Refurbish the president’s private apartments at the Elysee . The volgende year he designed the Cafe Costes. 
Starck’s output expanded to include furniture, decoration, architecture, street furniture , industry (wind turbines, photo booths ), bathroom fittings, kitchens, floor and wall coverings, lighting, domestic appliances, office equipment industry leaders as staplers, utensils (including a juice Squeezer and a Toothbrush), tableware, clothing, accessories (shoes, eyewear, luggage, watches) toys, glassware (perfume bottles, mirrors), graphic design and publishing, as food ( Panzani pasta, Lenôtre Yule log ), and vehicles for land, sea, air and space (bikes, motorbikes, yachts, planes). The buildings have designed in Japan, starting in 1989, went Against the grain of traditional forms. The first, Nani Nani, in Tokyo, is an anthropomorphic structure, clad in a living material therein Evolves over time. The thesis being: design arnt tasks zijn place binnen de environment but without impinging on it; an object must serve zijn context and Become part of it.
A year later he designed the Asahi Beer Hall in Tokyo, a building topped with a golden flame. This was Followed in 1992 by Le Baron Vert office complex in Osaka. Starck’s buildings, while dedicated to work, are no less instilled with life and its constant effervescence. In France have designed the extension of the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs ( ENSAD ) in Paris (1998).
The Alhondiga , a more recent project is a 43,000 sq. m culture and leisure venue in Bilbao dat opened in 2010.  Starck, who loves ships and the sea, designed the new infrastructure for the Port Adriano harbor on the south-west bay of Palma de Mallorca , and was ook artistic director for the interior. It opened in April 2012. He’ll be designed Steve Jobs ‘ yacht, Venus , welke launched in October 2012. 
For the Past thirty years, Philippe Starck has leg designing hotels all over the world, zoals the Royalton in New York in 1988, the Delano in Miami in 1995, the Mondrian in Los Angeles, the St Martin’s Lane in London in 1999, the Sanderson , ook in London in 2000, and the complete 2001 renovation of the historic Clift in San Francisco met haar updated art deco bar, the Redwood Room.  In South America, Philippe Starck designed the inside and outside of the Hotel Fasano in Rio de Janeiro in 2007 using materials zoals wood, glass and marble. Hey dan turned his attention to luxury hotels in 2008, the Hotel Meurice and the Royal Monceau in 2010.  
From 1990, Philippe Starck has worked to democratize quality “designer” hotels, beginning with the Paramount in New York. Offering rooms at $ 100 / night, it became a classic, ITT genre. In 2008, Starck brought` this humanist concept to Paris as the Mama Shelter . A second Mama Shelter opened in Marseille in 2012. In April 2015 Mama Shelter had six hotels with new locations in Bordeaux , Istanbul , Los Angeles and Lyon . 
In 2010, Philippe Starck opened the Co (o) riche Hotel at the Dune du Pyla. [ Citation needed ]
In North America, in the 2000s, Philippe Starck with entrepreneur Sam Nazarian created the concept for SLS , a chain of luxury hotels. The Bazaar lobby at SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills roused became a public space with zijn tapas restaurants, Norwegian health bar, Pâtisserie and a Moss concept store.
Philippe Starck has verschillende restaurants to his credit: Bon (2000), Mori Venice Bar (2006) and Le Paradis du Fruit (2009) in France, and the notable launch of Katsuya in Los Angeles in 2006, the first in a series of Japanese restaurants. The A’trego opened in Cap d’Ail in 2011. He designed the interior and exterior of Ma Cocotte, a restaurant dat launched in September 2012 at the Saint-Ouen flea market near Paris. In 2013, he designed Miss Ko, an Asian-centric concept restaurant Paris.
In November 2011, Lodha Group appointed Phillippe Starck for “yoo inspired by Starck” to design the residential development at New Cuffe Parade , Mumbai.  
In November 2012, Starck published his first book of interviews, Impression d’Ailleurs , with Gilles Vanderpooten . In it, he expresses his view of the challenges facing the world to come – ecology, solidarity, youth, science – and, as a humanist, suggests ways we kan make a difference.
His work has been seen in the collections of European and American museums, zoals the National Museum of Modern Art (to welke he has donated verschillende pieces, met prototypes) the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris , the MOMA and the Brooklyn Museum in New York City , the Vitra Design Museum in Basel and the Design Museum in London . More than 660 of his designs ulcers inventoried in French public collections in 2011. 
Philippe Starck was the first designer to participate in the TED Talks (Technology, Entertainment and Design). [ Citation needed ]
Alongside his work Philippe Starck partnered with Moustache Bikes for the MASS (Mud, Asphalt, Sand and Snow). A portfolio of four e-bikes dat use a Bosch Electromechanical engine and battery pack. 
Starck helped design the Xiaomi Mi MIX smartphone, notable for maintaining a 6.4-inch “whole surface screen”. 
Through his “democratic design” concept, Starck has campaigned for well-designed objects therein are not just aimed for upper-Tiered incomes. He has Expressed this as a Utopian ideal,  approached in practice at toenemende production Quantities to cut costs and to using mail order, via Les 3 Suisses . In January 2013 he redesigned the Navigo travel pass. 
One of the ways Philippe Starck has economized costs for the public,  is his plastic furniture line, Producing pieces zoals de Kartell Louis Ghost chair, over a million or welke port leg sold. He has ook leg involved in the development or Fluocaril toothbrushes to bathroom fittings for Duravit, Hansgrohe, Hoesch and Axor, from Alessi’s Juicy Salif lemon Squeezer to Zikmu speakers, ZIK headphones at Parrot, Laguiole knives, Starckeyes glasses at Mikli and the Marie Coquine lamp for Baccarat. 
Sometimes pointed political messages  kan be found in projects, zoals the subversive Gun lamp (Flos, 2005), the Superarchimoon floor lamp (Flos, 2000), in fact a giant architect’s lamp standing 217 inch: high, the HAAA !! ! and hooo !!! Lamps have imagined with the American artist Jenny Holzer (Flos / Baccarat, 2009) and the chandeliers in the Dark Side collection, featuring the Zenith Chandelier (Baccarat, 2005).
With environment and ecological groups, have created the Good Goods catalog with La Redoute . He’ll be set up IPO, an organic food company. His latest eco-friendly designs are the V + Volteis electric car with Volteis, the Pibal bike for the City of Bordeaux, Zartan chairs for Magis, and Bromine at EMECO .
- Jump up^ “Philippe Starck French, born in 1949” . moma.org . Museum of Modern Art . Retrieved 31 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ Les Années 80, Flammarion, 1984
- Jump up^ Le Petit Larousse illustré 2012
- Jump up^ “The who’s who of design. Name: Starck Philippe, born 18 January 1949, solar or Andre Starck, Aeronautics engineer. His family oorspronkelijk coming fromAlsaceregion voordat his grandfather had moved to Paris. Studies: Ecole Camondo in Paris. Profession: designer, boss or Ubik. Distinctions: Award for the Paramount Hotel in New York (1992), Best Design Oscar for the Beneteau yacht (1990); Platinum Circle Award (Chicago 1987), Designer of the Year (1985) . Management No. 24, p 122, February 1997
- Jump up^ Designs on love, Le Monde, 10 February 2008
- Jump up^ Philippe Starck pulled off his first feat with his interior for the Parisian nightclub and restaurant Les Bains-Douches, Followed by Cafe Costes, “Psychoanalysis of the Starck Object”, Le Monde , 27 January 1994
- Jump up^ The master of Metamorphosis, Philippe Starck has Transformed this former oil and wine warehouse JSON an arts and leisure center. Lycra function has its own space, defined by set theory. Figaroscope, June 2010
- Jump up^ Just over a year since the death of Apple’s founder Steve Jobs’ yacht, designed by Philippe Starck … was moored in the Netherlands where it is being completed. L’Express, October 2012
- Jump up^ Thornburg, Barbara (16 December 2001). “Suites of San Francisco” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved 26 June 2014 .
- Jump up^ Starck invents tomorrow’s luxury hotel, L’Express , 15 September 2010
- Jump up^ Starck reveals all, Les Echos , 15 January 2010
- Jump up^ “Mama is getting Bigger” (PDF) . Accor.com. 28 October 2014 . Retrieved 10 April 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Lodha Group partners with Philippe Starck Partner” . India Infoline . 28 December 2011 . Retrieved 22 January 2013 .
- Jump up^ Chadha, Sunainaa (29 November 2013). “Lodha bets big on Central London, Canadian Embassy is just the first stop” . First Post (India) . Retrieved 22 January 2013 .
- Jump up^ Design Portal, 20th and 21st century objects and furniture in French public collections (archive)
- Jump up^ “Philippe Starck desenhou a corn cargo BICICLETA Elétrica” . Www.maismotores.net . R Barros. 15 September 2014 . Retrieved 15 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “小米mix-小米商城” . www.mi.com . 25 October 2016 . Retrieved 26 October 2016 .
- Jump up^ “So it is absolutely shower to talk about a Utopian project with Starck”, Benoît Heilbrunn, Starck in Words, 2003
- Jump up^ Philippe Starck waived his fee for designing this new-generation card zegt transport authority post. Its pared-down design is intended to make it last, Le Parisien, January 2012
- Jump up^ “I’m Against beautiful objects. I Prefer good objects […]. I’ll stop-when my chairs cost fifty bucks”, L’Express, 22 October 1998
- Jump up^ “Philippe Starck sets in motion an education of the masses. To the greatest number of people, he distributes forms therein Educate the eye […] From the minutes to the huge, Starck marks out the paths therein reconcile Aesthetic, ethical and political “, Michel Onfray, Starck in Words, 2003
- Jump up^ I’m convinced dat for many, the political nature of his work is not only hard to detect but little or interest […] yet for musts or us, the musts Sensational thing about Starck’s architecture and design is the combination or fun and the unexpected, Zoom sur Philippe Starck, Courrier International, 2 September 1995.