Phil Hansen (born 1979) is a self-taught American artist . 
During high school, Hansen’s obsession with pointillism resulted in permanent nerve damage.  Out of Frustration, Hansen left art and art school, but, after speaking to his neurologist, decided to explore other forms of art, zowel’s two and three-dimensional.  Hansen dropped out of college after two terms, and his only formal art education is from high school. 
Hansen’s Breakthrough piece was a time-lapse video of a two-day project called Influence . He painted thirty pictures on his torso, one over the other, lycra picture representing an influence in his life. After it was COMPLETED, he peeled the layer off and cut a silhouette or his own profile. The uploaded video was streamed morethan a million times on the Web, with process and final piece CLEARLY revealed.  
Hansen was Chosen to be the official artist for 51st annual Grammy Awards held on February 8, 2009 8 pm ET. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Phil Hansen” . mnartists.com . Retrieved January 31, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Phil Hansen – Biography” . ArtFacts.com . Retrieved January 31, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Sims, Tony. “Interview With Phil Hansen – Author and Banana Tattoo Artist” . Wired.com . Retrieved January 31, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Hansen, Phil. “Phil Hansen: Embrace the shake” . TED . Retrieved January 31, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Hansen, Phil. “Phil Hansen Art” . Retrieved January 31, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “People of the Web – Strokes of Genius” . Yahoo! News . July 13, 2007. Archived from the original on September 15, 2007.
- Jump up^ Hansen, Phil. “Influence” . Retrieved January 31, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Grammy art work” . Retrieved 2008-12-02 .