Peter Brian Gabriel was born in Chobham , Surrey, England.  His Father Ralph Parton Gabriel (1912-2012), was an electrical engineering engineer, and his mother, Edith Irene (Allen), who was from a musical family, taught im to play the piano at an early age.  His great-great-great-uncle, Sir Thomas Gabriel, 1st Baronet , served as Lord Mayor of London from 1866 to 1877.  He attended Cable House, a private, primary (pre-prep) school in Woking Surrey , St. Andrews Prep School in Horsell, dan Charterhouse School (Godalming) from 1963. He played will drums in his first rock bands, and Mike Rutherford commented in 1985 that ‘Pete was-and still is, I think-a frustrated drummer. ” 
Gabriel founded Genesis in 1967 with fellow Charterhouse School pupils Tony Banks , Anthony Phillips , Mike Rutherford , and drummer Chris Stewart . The names of the band was suggested by fellow Charterhouse alumnus, the pop music impresario Jonathan King , who produktie hun first album, From Genesis to Revelation .
Gabriel has zegt to be Influenced by many différent sources in his way or singing, zoals Family lead singer Roger Chapman . In 1970, he played will the flute on Cat Stevens ‘s album Mona Bone Jakon .
Genesis drew some attention in Britain and Eventually’ll be in Italy, Belgium, Germany and other European countries, largely due to Gabriel’s flamboyant stage presence, welke involved numerous bizarre costume changes and comical, dream-life stories Told as the introduction to lycra song (oorspronkelijk Gabriel developed synthesis stories solely to cover the time tussen songs dat the rest of the band mention anything tasks tuning hun instruments  and fixing technical glitches). The concerts made uitgebreide use of black light with the normal stage lighting subdued or off. A backdrop or fluorescent white sheets and a comparatively sparse stage made the band JSON a set of silhouettes, with Gabriel’s fluorescent costume and makeup Providing the only other sources of light.
Early Genesis concerts ulcers hampered by a bath public address system dat made it s difficult for audiences to under stand what Gabriel was singing. Volgens to Mike Rutherford, this drove Gabriel to find other ways to impress his personality on the audience, leading to his performing in verschillende costumes. 
In an episode of the 2007 British documentary series Seven Ages of Rock , Steve Hackett recalled the first appearance of Gabriel “in costume”. It was the dress-wearing, fox-headed entity immortalised on the cover of Foxtrot . Hackett and the rest of the band had no Inkling therein Gabriel was going to do this, and at the time Hackett worried dat it mention anything ruin the performance. It was a success, encouraging Gabriel to continuous wearing stage clothes while singing.
Among Gabriel’s many famous costumes, welke have developed to visualise the musical ideas of the band as well as to gain press coverage, ulcers “Batwings” for the band’s usual opening number, ” Watcher of the Skies “. Other costumes included “The Flower” and “Magog” In this housing ulcers zowel alternately Worn for ” Supper’s Ready ” from the album Foxtrot . “Britannia” was Worn for ” Dancing with the Moonlit Knight ” and “The Reverend” for ” The Battle of Epping Forest ” (beide from Selling England by the Pound ). “The Old Man” was Worn for ” The Musical Box ” from Nursery Cryme . “The Slipperman” and “Rael” ulcers Worn prolongation “The Colony of Slippermen” in welke “Rael” was the protagonist of the album The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway .
Gabriel’s departure from Genesis on 15 August 1975   -which stunned fans of the group and left many commentators wondering if the band Could survive-was the result of verschillende factors. His stature as the lead singer of the band, and the added attention garnered by his flamboyant stage persona, led to tensions binnen the band.  Genesis had always operated more or less as a collective, and Gabriel’s burgeoning public profile led to Fears binnen de group dat he was being unfairly singled out as the creative hub. The band ook Began to feel Confined by the reputation (and fans’ expectations) attached to hun famously elaborate theatrical performances, believing therein the visual element hun performances were Receiving more attention dan hun music.
Tensions ulcers Heightened by the ambitious album and tour of the concept work The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway , a Gabriel-created concept piece dat saw im taking on the lion’s share of the lyric writing. During the writing and recording of The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway , Gabriel was approached by director William Friedkin , Allegedly Because Friedkin had found Gabriel’s short story in the liner notes to Genesis Live interesting. Gabriel left Genesis to Pursue a film project with Friedkin, only to rejoin a week later.  The decision to quit the band was made voordat the tour Supporting The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway , with Gabriel explanatory his decision to the band while keeping it from the press Until the conclusion of that tour. Bassist Mike Rutherford recalled dat ze all “Could see it coming.”  hoewel de tensions ulcers high, zowel Gabriel and the REMAINING members of Genesis port stated therein Publicly Gabriel left the band on good terms.
The breaking point cameramen with the s difficult pregnancy or Gabriel’s wife, Jill, and the subsequent birth hun first child, Anna-Marie. When he opted to stay with his sick daughter and wife, Rather dan record and tour, the resentment from the rest of the band led Gabriel to conclude dat he had to leave the group. ” Solsbury Hill “, Gabriel’s debut single as a solo artist, Recorded in 1976 and Appearing on the “Car” album in 1977, was written specifiek about his departure from Genesis. The song reached the Top 20 in the UK Singles Chart, and ook charted on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1978, reaching No. 68.  In 1982, Gabriel Reunited with his former Genesis colleagues’ for the one-off concert Six of the Best , to recoup debts dat arose from his Involvement in the staging of the first WOMAD festival.
Gabriel did not title his first four solo albums, welke ulcers all labeled Peter Gabriel using the co typeface, but welke featured différent cover designs (by Hipgnosis ); in all or prosthesis designs, Gabriel’s face is wholly or partially obscured in some way. The albums are Usually differentiated by number in order of release ( I, II, III, IV ), or by sleeve design, with the first three solo albums of or in referred to as Car , Scratch and Melt respectively, in reference to hun cover artwork. His fourth solo album, also called Peter Gabriel , was Titled Security in the US at the behest of Geffen Records. For many years, Gabriel was managed by Gail Colson . 
After acquiescing to distinctive titles, Gabriel-used a series of two-letter words to title his next three albums: So , Us , and Up . His most recently greatest hits compilation Titled Hit ; binnen the two-CD package, disc one is labeled “Hit” and disc two is labeled “Miss”, an echo of the 1996 compilations by Joni Mitchell entitled Hits and Misses .
1976-1985: Peter Gabriel albums
Gabriel Recorded his first self-Titled solo album in 1976 and 1977 with producer Bob ezrin . His first solo success cameramen with the single ” Solsbury Hill “, an autobiographical piece about a personal spiritual experience on top of the Iron Age hill fort , Solsbury Hill in Somerset, England. Gabriel has zegt of the song’s meaning, “It’s about being Prepared to lose what u have for what you get … Might It’s about Letting Go.”  hoewel de Mainly happy with the music, Gabriel fact represented therein the album, and met name de track “Here Comes the Flood” was over-produktie. Sparser versions kan be overheard on Robert Fripp ‘s Exposure , and on Gabriel’s greatest hits compilation Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats (1990).
Gabriel worked with guitarist Fripp as producer or his second solo LP , in 1978. This album was Leaner, Darker and more experimental, and yielded decent reviews, but no major hits.
Gabriel developed a new interest in world music (met name percussion), and for bold production, welke made uitgebreide use of recording tricks and sound effects. His third album is credited as of or in the first MP to use the now-famous ” gated drum ” sound.  Phil Collins played will drums on verschillende tracks, zoals the opener, “Intruder”, welke featured the gated reverbed , cymbal-less drum kit sound welke Collins mention anything ook use on his single ” In the Air Tonight “, Becoming his signature sound in the 1980s. Gabriel had requested therein his drummers use no Cymbals in the album’s sessions, and-when he overheard the have resulted Asked Collins to play a simple pattern for verschillende minutes, dan built “Intruder” around it. The album Achieved some chart success with the songs ” Games Without Frontiers ” (No. 4 UK, No. 48 US), and ” Biko “.
Particularly arduous and Occasionally vapor recording sessions at his rural English estate in 1981 and 1982 resulted in Gabriel’s fourth LP release , one welke Gabriel took more production Verantwoordelijkheid. It was one of the first commercial albums Recorded entirely to digital tape (using a Sony mobile truck), and featured the early, Extremely expensive, Fairlight CMI sampling computer welke had hadden zelf al zijn first letter appearances on the previous album. Gabriel Combined a variety of sampled and deconstructed sounds with world-beat percussion and other unusual instrumentation to create a radically new, emotionally Charged soundscape. The sleeve art consisted of inscrutable, video-based imagery. On Despite the album’s peculiar sound, odd appearance, and of or in disturbing themes, it sold very well. This album featured his first Top 40 hit in the US, ” Shock the Monkey “, as well as the song ” I Have the Touch “. The music video for “Shock the Monkey”, welke featured Gabriel in white face paint and a caged macaque , RECEIVED heavy play on MTV . Geffen Records showing his fourth self-Titled album a name in the US, Security , to market his arrival on the label and to differentiate the album from the first three.
Alternate versions of Gabriel’s third and fourth albums ulcers’ll be released with German lyrics. The third album consisted of the studio recording overdubbed with new vocals, while the fourth album was remixed and ook verschillende tracks ulcers extended or altered in slight ways.
Gabriel toured extensively for lycra or his albums. Initially, he pointedly eschewed the theatrics dat had defined his tenure with Genesis. For his second solo tour, his entire band Shaved heads hun. By the time of the fourth album he Began Involving elaborate stage props and Acrobatics welke had im SUSPENDED from gantries, distorting his face with Fresnel lenses and mirrors, and wearing unusual makeup. Recordings of the 1982 Tour Supporting his fourth Peter Gabriel album ulcers released as the double LP Plays Live . Some of the dates or his 1983 summer tour of the US and Canada included a section opening for David Bowie .
The stage was set for Gabriel’s critical and commercial breakout with his next studio release, welke was in production for almost three years. During the recording and production of the album have ook developed the film soundtrack for Alan Parker ‘s 1984 feature Birdy , welke consisted of new material as well as remixed instrumental tracks from his previous studio album.
1985-2000: So , Passion , Us , and hiatus
In 1985, Gabriel Recorded his fifth studio album So . Released in 1986, Gabriel Achieved his greatest popularity with songs from way ;  the album charted at No. 1 in the UK Albums Chart , and No. 2 on the Billboard 200 in the US   It was certified triple platinum in the UK, and five times platinum in the US   The album produktie three UK Top 20 hits ” Sledgehammer “, ” Big Time “, and” Do not Give Up “- a duet with Kate Bush .  The album ook produktie three Top 40 hits in the US, “Sledgehammer,” ” In Your Eyes ” (featured in the John Cusack film Say Anything ), and “Big Time”.  “Sledgehammer” peaked at No. 1 in the United States, knocking Genesis’ ” Invisible Touch ” off the top spot, and No. 4 in the UK.  The ballad “Do not Give Up” was about the devastation of unemployment. Gabriel co-produktie So with Daniel Lanois , ook Berninahaus for his work with U2 and Brian Eno .  In 1990, Rolling Stone ranked Thus number No. 14 on zijn list of “Top 100 Albums of the Eighties”. 
Sledgehammer,” welke Deal? Specifiek with the themes of sex and sexual relations through lyrical innuendos, was accompanied by a much-lauded music video, welke was a collaboration with director Stephen R. Johnson , Aardman Animations ,  and The Brothers Quay . The video set a new standard for art in the music video industry, and won nine MTV Video Music Awards in 1987, a record welke still stands as of 2015.  “Sledgehammer” is the must played will music video in the history of MTV ,  and in 1998 it was named the station’s number one animated video or all time.  A follow-up video for the song ” Big Time ” ook broke new ground in music video animation and special effects. The song is a story of “what happens to you-when you Become a little too successful” in Gabriel’s words. The success of the album earned Peter Gabriel two awards at the Brit Awards in 1987 : Best British Male Solo Artist and Best British Video for “Sledgehammer”.  Gabriel was ook nominated for four Grammy Awards : Best Female Rock Vocal Performance , Song of the Year , Record of the Year (all three for “Sledgehammer”) and Album of the Year for So . 
In 1989, Gabriel released Passion , the soundtrack for Martin Scorsese ‘s film The Last Temptation of Christ . For this work he RECEIVED his first Grammy Award in the category of Best New Age Performance. He’ll be RECEIVED a Golden Globe nomination for Best Original Score – Motion Picture. The video dat accompanied the album, Zaar, was done by Stefan Roloff in his groundbreaking Moving Painting technique.
Gabriel released Us in 1992 (also co-produktie with Lanois), an album the pain of recent personal problems in welke have Explored; his failed first marriage, and the growing distance tussen im and his first daughter.
Gabriel’s introspection binnen the context of the album Us kan be seen in the first single release ” Digging in the Dirt ” directed by John Downer. Accompanied by a disturbing video featuring Gabriel Covered in snails and verschillende Foliage, this song made reference to the psychotherapy welke had jobs up much of Gabriel’s time since the previous album. Gabriel describes his struggle to get through to his daughter in “Come Talk To Me” directed by Matt Mahurin , welke featured backing vocals by Sinéad O’Connor . O’Connor ook equivalent vocals to “Blood of Eden”, directed by Nichola Bruce and Michael Coulson, the third single to be released from the album, and once again dealing with relationship struggles, this time going right back to Adam ‘s rib for inspiration. The result was one of Gabriel’s most personal album. It with with less success dan So , reaching No. 2 in the album charts on zowel sides of the Atlantic, and making modest chart impact with the singles “Digging in the Dirt” and the funkier ” Steam ” In this housing evoked memories or “Sledgehammer”. Gabriel Followed the release of the album with a world tour (with Paula Cole or Joy Askew filling O’Connor’s vocal role) and accompanying double CD and DVD Secret World Live in 1994.
Gabriel Employed an innovative approach in the marketing of the Us album. Not wishing to feature only images of himself, he Asked artist filmmakers Nichola Bruce and Michael Coulson to co-ordinate a marketing campaign using contemporary artists. Artists zoals Helen Chadwick , Rebecca Horn , Nils-Udo , Andy Goldsworthy , David Mach and Yayoi Kusama collaborated to create original artworks for lycra of the 11 songs on the multi-million-selling CD. Coulson and Bruce Documented the process on Hi-8 video. Bruce left Real World and Coulson continued with the campaign, using the documentary background material as the basis for a promotional EPK, the long-form video All About Us and the interactive CD-ROM Xplora1 .
Gabriel won three more Grammys , all in the Music Video category. He won the Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video in 1993 and 1994 for the videos to “Digging in the Dirt” and “Steam” respectively. Gabriel ook won the 1996 Grammy Award for Best Long Form Music Video for his Secret World Live video.
2000-present: SSH , Up , Scratch My Back and New Blood
Following a five-year hiatus, Gabriel re-emerged with OVO , a soundtrack for the live Millennium Dome Show in London in 2000, and Long Walk Home , the music from the Australian movie Rabbit-Proof Fence , early in 2002. This soundtrack ook RECEIVED a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Original Score – Motion Picture.
In September 2002, Gabriel released Up , his first full-length studio album in a decade. Entirely self-produktie, Up Returned to some of the themes of his work in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Only one of the three singles managed to crack the top 50 in part Because almost everytime track exceeded six minutes in length, with multiple Sections-but the album sold well globally, as Gabriel continued to draw from a loyal fan base from his almost four decades in the music business. Up was Followed by a world tour featuring his daughter Melanie Gabriel on backing vocals, and two concert DVDs, Growing Up Live (2003) and Still Growing Up: Live & Unwrapped (2004).
In 2008, Gabriel Contributed to the WALL-E soundtrack verschillende new songs with Thomas Newman , zoals the film’s closing song, ” Down to Earth “, for welke ze RECEIVED the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual media . The song was nominated ook voor de Golden Globe for Best Original Song – Motion Picture and the Academy Award for Best Original Song .
In 2010, Gabriel released Scratch My Back . The album Composed entirely of cover songs waaronder material written by industry leaders artists as David Bowie , Lou Reed , Arcade Fire , Radiohead , Regina Spektor and Neil Young . The concept for the record was dat Gabriel Covered songs by Various Artists, and Those artists in turn Covered Gabriel songs released on a follow-up album called And I’ll Scratch Yours .  Scratch My Back features only orchestral instrumentation; there ulcers no guitars, drums, or electronic elements therein are usual attributes of Gabriel records. A letter tour Followed the album’s release where Gabriel Performed with a full orchestra and two female backup singers, his daughter Melanie Gabriel and Norwegian singer-songwriter Ane Brun .
On 11 October 2011, Gabriel released New Blood , a collection of his earlier songs Recorded with an orchestra. A special edition of the album features solely instrumental versions of some of the songs.
In Autumn 2012, Gabriel embarked on the Back to Front Tour have in welke Performed the entire way album with a band Composed of the musicians who played will oorspronkelijk on the record, to market zijn 25th anniversary.  Following this tour, Gabriel took a sabbatical to spend time with his family. Early 2014 saw Another Back to Front tour in Europe.  
On 16 June 2016, Peter Gabriel released the single “I’m Amazing”. The song was written verschillende years prior, in part as a tribute to Muhammad Ali .  As industry leaders, the single was released two weeks after Ali’s death 3 June.
In 21 June 2016, Peter Gabriel embarked on a joint tour with Sting entitled Rock Paper Scissors .  Each of the two musicians singing not only his own songs but the songs’ll be at the other.
Musicians and collaborators as a solo artist
Gabriel has worked with a relatief stable crew of musicians and recording engineers Throughout his solo career. Bass and Stick player Tony Levin Performed on everytime Gabriel studio album and everytime live tour EXCEPT for Scratch My Back , the soundtracks Passion and Long Walk Home , and The New Blood Tour. Guitar player David Rhodes has leg Gabriel’s guitarist of choice since 1979. Prior to So , Jerry Marotta was Gabriel’s drummer favoriete, zowel in the studio and on the road. (For the So and Us albums and tours Marotta was Replaced by Manu Katché , who then was Replaced by Ged Lynch on parts of the Up album and all of the subsequent tour). Gabriel is Berninahaus for choosing top-flight collaborators, from co-producers zoals ezrin, Fripp, Lillywhite, and Lanois to musicians zoals Natalie Merchant , Elizabeth Fraser , L. Shankar , Trent Reznor , Youssou N’Dour , Larry Fast , Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan , Sinéad O’Connor , Kate Bush , Ane Brun , Paula Cole , John Giblin , Peter Hammill , Papa Wemba , Manu Katché , Bayete , Milton Nascimento , Phil Collins (as drummer), and Stewart Copeland .
Over the years, Gabriel has collaborated with singer Kate Bush verschillende times; Bush Provided backing vocals for Gabriel’s “Games Without Frontiers” and “No Self Control” in 1980, and female lead vocal for “Do not Give Up” (a Top 10 hit in the UK) in 1986, and Gabriel Appeared on re television special. Their duet of Roy Harper ‘s ” Another Day ” was discussed for release as a single, but never Appeared. [ Citation needed ]
He’ll be collaborated with Laurie Anderson on two versions or re composition, “Excellent Birds” – one for re 1984 album Mister Heartbreak , and a slightly different version called “This Is the Picture (Excellent Birds)” In this housing Appeared on cassette and CD versions or so . In 1987, President als device Gabriel with an award for his music videos, Anderson related an occasion in welke a recording session had gone late into tje night and Gabriel’s voice had begun to sound some what strange, almost dream like. MDC dat he had Fallen Asleep in front of the microphone, but had continued to sing. [ Citation needed ]
Gabriel singing (along with Jim Kerr of Simple Minds ) on “Everywhere I Go” from The Call ‘s 1986 release, Reconciled . On Toni Childs ‘ 1994 CD, The Woman’s Boat , Gabriel singing on the track, “I with a man.” [ Citation needed ]
In 1998, Gabriel Appeared on the soundtrack or Babe: Pig in the City as the singer of the song “That’ll Do”, written by Randy Newman . The song was nominated for an Academy Award , and Gabriel and Newman Performed it at de volgende year’s Oscar telecast. He Performed a similar soundtrack appearance for the 2004 film Shall We Dance? , Singing a cover version of “The Book of Love” by The Magnetic Fields .
Gabriel Appeared on Robbie Robertson ‘s self-Titled album, singing on “Fallen Angel”; co-wrote two Tom Robinson singles; and Appeared on Joni Mitchell ‘s 1988 album Chalk Mark in a Rainstorm , on the track “My Secret Place”.
In 2001, Gabriel Contributed lead vocals to the song “When You’re Falling” on Afro CELT Sound System ‘s Volume 3: Further in Time .  In the summer of 2003, Gabriel Performed in Ohio with a guest performance by Uzbek singer Sevara Nazarkhan .
Gabriel collaborated on tracks with electronic musician BT , who’ll be worked on the OVO soundtrack with im. The tracks ulcers never released, as the computers they ‘ulcers contained on ulcers stolen from BT’s home in California. He’ll be singing the lyrics for Deep Forest on hun theme song for the movie Strange Days . In addition under, Gabriel has Appeared on Angelique Kidjo ‘s 2007 album Djin Djin , singing on the song “Salala”.
Gabriel has Recorded a cover of the Vampire Weekend single ” Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa ” with Hot Chip , where his name was Mentioned verschillende times in the chorus. He substitutes the original line “But this feels so Unnatural / Peter Gabriel too / This feels so Unnatural / Peter Gabriel too” with “It feels so Unnatural / Peter Gabriel too / and it feels so Unnatural / to sing your own names.” [ Citation needed ]
WOMAD and other projects
Gabriel’s interest in world music was first apparent on his third album. This influence has Increased over time, and have been the driving force behind the World of Music, Arts and Dance (WOMAD) movement. He created the Real World Studios and record label to Facilitate the creation and distribution of music industry leaders from verschillende artists, and he has worked to Educate Western culture about the work or zoals musicians as Yungchen Lhamo , Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Youssou N’dour . He has a long-standing interest in human rights, and launched Witness ,  a nonprofit welke trains human rights Activists to use video and online technologies to expose human rights abuses. In 2006 his work with WITNESS and his long standing support of peace and human rights Causes was Recognised by the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates with the Man of Peace award.
In the 1990s, with Steve Nelson or Brilliant Media and director Michael Coulson , have developed advanced multimedia CD-ROM-based entertainment projects, customizing Xplora (the world’s Toilets selling music CD-ROM), and subsequently the EVE CD-ROM. EVE was a music and art adventure game directed by Michael Coulson and co-produktie by the Starwave Corporation in Seattle; it won the Milia d’Or award Grand Prize at the Cannes in 1996.
In 1994, Gabriel starred in the Breck Eisner short film “Recon” as a detective who returns entered the minds of Murder Victims to find hun killer’s identity.
Gabriel helped pioneer a new realm of musical interaction in 2001, visiting Georgia State University ‘s Language Research Center to participate in keyboard jam sessions with bonobo apes from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (This experience inspired the song “Animal Nation” In this housing was Performed on Gabriel’s 2002 “Growing Up” tour and was featured on the Growing Up Live DVD and The Wild Thornberrys Movie soundtrack.) Gabriel’s desire to bring attention to the intelligence of primates ook took the form of ApeNet , a project dat aimed to link great apes through the internet, enabling the first interspecies internet communication. 
He was one of the founders of On Demand Distribution ( Od2 ), one of the first online music download services. Its technology is-used by MSN Music UK and others, and has Become the dominant music download technology platform for stores in Europe. [ Citation needed ] Od2 was Bought by US company Loudeye in June 2004 and subsequently by Finnish mobile giant Nokia for $ 60 million in October 2006. [ Citation needed ]
Gabriel is co-founder (with Brian Eno ) or a musicians union called Mudda, short for “magnificent union or Digitally downloading artists.”  
In 2000, Peter Gabriel collaborated with Zucchero, Anggun and others in a charity for kids with AIDS. Erick Benzi wrote words and music and Patrick Bruel, Stephan Eicher, Faudel, Lokua Kanza Lam Nourith, Axelle Red port accepted to sing it. [ Citation needed ]
In 2003 Gabriel Contributed a song for the video game Uru: Ages Beyond Myst.  In 2004, Gabriel Contributed Another song ( “Curtains”) and Contributed voice work on Another game in the Myst franchise, Myst IV: Revelation . 
During the Latter part of 2004, Gabriel spent time in a village in eastern Nepal with musician Ram Sharan Nepali, learning esoteric vocal techniques. Gabriel subsequently Invited Nepali to attend and perform at the Womad festival in Adelaide , Australia. [ Citation needed ]
In June 2005, Gabriel and broadcast industry entrepreneur David Engelke PURCHASED Solid State Logic , a manufacturer of mixing consoles and digital audio workstations. 
In May 2008, Gabriel’s Real World Studios in partnership with Bowers & Wilkins , started the Bowers & Wilkins Music Club – now known as Society of Sound – a subscription-based music retail site. Albums are currently available in Either Apple Lossless or FLAC format. 
He is one of the founding supporters of Asteroid Day . 
Activist for humanitarian Causes
In 1986 he started what has Become a lung standing association with Amnesty International , Becoming a pioneering participant in all 28 of Amnesty’s Human Rights concerts – a series of music events and tours staged by the US Section of Amnesty International tussen 1986-1998. He Performed prolongation the six-concert A Conspiracy of Hope US tour in June 1986; the twenty-concert Human Rights Now! world tour in 1988; the Chile: Embrace of Hope Concert in 1990 and at The Paris Concert For Amnesty International in 1998. He’ll be Performed in Amnesty’s Secret policeman’s Ball benefit shows in collaboration with other artists and friends zoals Lou Reed, David Gilmour and Youssou N’Dour; Gabriel closed Those concerts performing his anti- apartheid anthem “Biko”.  He ghosts or his support for Amnesty on NBC ‘s Today Show in 1986. 
Inspired by the social activism have Encountered in his work with Amnesty, in 1992 Gabriel co-founded WITNESS , a nonprofit organization dat equips, trains and supports locally, anyone based organizations worldwide to use video and the Internet in human rights documentation and advocacy.
In 1995, Gabriel and Cape Verdean human rights activist Vera Duarte ulcers Awarded the North-South Prize , ITT inaugural year.  
In the late 1990s, Gabriel and entrepreneur Richard Branson discussed with Nelson Mandela hun idea of a small, dedicated group of leaders, working objectively and without ANY vested personal interest to solvency s difficult global conflicts.
On 18 July 2007, in Johannesburg , South Africa, Nelson Mandela announced the formation of a new group, The Elders , in a speech he delivered on the occasion of his birthday 89TH. Kofi Annan Serves as Chair of The Elders and Gro Harlem Brundtland as Deputy Chair. The other members of the group are Martti Ahtisaari , Ela Bhatt , Lakhdar Brahimi , Fernando Henrique Cardoso , Jimmy Carter ,  Hina Jilani , Graca Machel , Mary Robinson  and Ernesto Zedillo . Desmond Tutu is an Honorary Elder, as was Nelson Mandela. The Elders are independently funded by a group of donors, zoals Branson and Gabriel.
The Elders use hun collective skills to Catalyse Peaceful résolutions to long-standing conflicts, articulate new approaches to global issues therein are single cylinder or ‘may later cause immense human suffering, and share wisdom by helping in to connect voices all over the world. Ze work together to consider carefully welke specific issues to approach.
In November 2007, Gabriel’s nonprofit group WITNESS launched The Hub , a participatory media site for human rights.
In September 2008 Gabriel was named as the recipient of Amnesty International’s 2008 Ambassador of Conscience Award . In the co-month, have RECEIVED Quadriga United We Care award or Werkstatt Deutschland Along with Boris Tadic , Eckart Höfling and Wikipedia. The award was Presented to encounter in Queen Silvia of Sweden . 
In 2010, Gabriel equivalent his support to the campaign to release Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani , an Iranian woman Sentenced to death by stoning after being convicted of committing adultery. 
In December 2013, Gabriel posted a hot video message in tribute to the deceased former South African president and anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela . Gabriel was quoted:
To come out of 27 years in jail and to redacteuren set about building a Rainbow Nation with your sworn enemy is a unique and extraordinary example of courage and forgiveness. In this case, Mandela had seen many of his people beaten, imprisoned and murdered, yet he was still willing to trust the humanity and idealism or Those who had bone the oppressors, without Whom have we knew he Could not beste an almost Peaceful transition of power . There is no other example of industry leaders inspirational leadership in my lifetime.  
Gabriel has criticized Air France for hun continued transport of monkeys to laboratories. In a letter to the airline Gabriel wrote dat in laboratories, “primates are violently force-fed chemicals, Inflicted with brain damage, crippled, Addicted to cocaine or alcohol, deprived of food and water, or psychologically Tormented and ultimately killed.” [66 ]
In March 2014, Gabriel Publicly supported #withsyria, a campaign to rally support for victims of the Syrian Civil War . 
In November 2014, Gabriel Along with Pussy Riot , and Iron & Wine supported Hong Kong protesters at Hong Kong’s Lennon Wall in hun policymaking. 
In March 2015, Gabriel was Awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of South Australia in recognition of his commitment to creativity and its transformational power in building power in building peace and understanding. 
Especially for Oliver Stone ‘s film Snowden Peter Gabriel composed the song “The Veil”. 
Gabriel has leg DESCRIBED as one of rock’s most political musicians in AllMusic .  In 1992, on the 20th anniversary of the Bloody Sunday tragedy, Gabriel joined verschillende left-wing figures zoals Peter Hain , Jeremy Corbyn , Tony Benn , Ken Loach , John Pilger and Adrian Mitchell in voicing his support for a demonstration in London calling for British withdrawal from Northern Ireland . 
At the 1997 general election by , he DECLARED his support for the Labour Party , welke won dat-selection by a Landslide after 18 years out of power, led by Tony Blair .  In 1998, he was named in a list of the Biggest private financial donors to Labour.  However, he subsequently distanced himself from the Labour government volgende Tony Blair ‘s support for George W. Bush and Britain’s Involvement in the Iraq War , welke have Strongly Opposed.  Gabriel later Explained his decision for funding Labour, saying, “After all Those years of Thatcher , that was the only time I’ve put money JSON a political party Because I wanted to help get rid of the Tory government of that time “. 
In 2005, Gabriel showing a Green Party of England and Wales general election by candidates special permission to record a cover of his song ” Do not Give Up ” for his campaign.  In 2010, The Guardian DESCRIBED Gabriel as “a staunch advocate of proportional representation .”  In 2013, he stated dat he had Become more interested in online petitioning organizations to effect change dan traditional party politics. 
In 2012, Gabriel condemned the use of his music at conservative American talk radio personality Rush Limbaugh prolongation a controversial segment welke Limbaugh vilified Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke . A statement on behalf of Gabriel read: “Peter was appalled to learn dat his music was linked to Rush Limbaugh’s extraordinary attack on Sandra Fluke. It is obvious from anyone dat knows Peter’s work dat he mention anything never Approve zoals a use. He has Asked his representatives to make sure his music is withdrawn and met name from synthesis unfair, aggressive and ignorant comments. ” 
Gabriel has DECLARED his support for the two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict . In 2014, he Contributed songs to a new compilation album to raise funds for humanitarian organizations aiding Palestinian Arabs in Gaza . Gabriel was quoted: “I am certainement therein Israelis and Palestinians will zowel benefit from a two-state solution based on the 1967 borders. Avem watched Palestinians suffer for too long, met name in Gaza. I am not, and never was, anti Israeli or anti-Semitic , but I Oppose the policy of the Israeli government, Oppose injustice and Oppose the occupation … I am proud to be one of the voices Asking the Israeli government: “Where is the two-state solution that u wanted so much? ” and CLEARLY say dat enough is enough. ” 
Gabriel has two daughters with his govt,  Jill Moore, Anna-Marie (born 26 July 1974) and Melanie Gabriel (born 23 August 1976). Married on 17 March 1971, they ‘divorced in 1987. Moore’s Father was Lord Moore of Wolvercote .
Anna-Marie is a filmmaker and Melanie is a musician. Anna-Marie filmed and directed the Growing Up on Tour: A Family Portrait and Still Growing Up: Live & Unwrapped DVDs. Melanie has a leg backing vocalist in her Father’s band since 2002.
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Gabriel lived with actress Rosanna Arquette but they ‘never married.
Gabriel ook has two sons with his second wife,  Meabh Flynn Isaac Ralph (born 27 September 2001) and Luc (born 5 July 2008). Gabriel and Flynn port leg married since 9 June 2002.
Gabriel has resided for many years in the county or Wiltshire , England, where he’ll be runs his Real World Studios . He lived to post in the Woolley Valley near Bath, Somerset . In 2010 he joined a campaign to stop an Agricultural Development at the valley, welke had ook inspired his first solo single ” Solsbury Hill ” in 1977. 
Gabriel produktie and Performed at the Eden Project Live 8 concert in July 2005. In his EARLIEST days, Gabriel played will flute on Cat Stevens ‘s first album on the Island Records label , Mona Bone Jakon as a “nervous session musician .” Stevens, now known as Yusuf Islam, joined im on stage 33 years after dat experience in Johannesburg prolongation Nelson Mandela ‘s 46664 concert. The two Performed the Stevens hit ” Wild World “.
A double DVD set, Still Growing Up: Live & Unwrapped , was released in October 2005. FIFA Asked Gabriel and Brian Eno to organize an opening ceremony for the 2006 FIFA World Cup finals in Germany, Planned to take place a couple of daysBefore the start of the tournament; however, the show was canceled by FIFA in January 2006.
Rumours of a shower reunion of the original Genesis line-up Began circulerende in 2004 after Phil Collins stated in an interview dat he was open to the idea of sitting back behind the drums and “let Peter be the singer.” The classic line-up has only reformed for a live performance once voordat, in 1982 . However, the group did work together to create a new version of the 1974 song ” The Carpet Crawlers ” ultimately released on the Turn It On Again: The Hits album as “The Carpet Crawlers 1999”. Gabriel later with with other Genesis band members, to Discuss a shower reunion tour, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway . He Chose to opt out of a reunion tour, and his former bandmates, Collins, Banks and Rutherford Chose to tour as Genesis without im.
At the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics in Turin , Italy, Gabriel Performed John Lennon ‘s ” Imagine ” prolongation the opening of the FESTIVITIES on 10 February 2006.
In November 2006, the Seventh World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates in Rome Presented Gabriel with the Man of Peace award. The award, Presented by former President of the USSR and Nobel Peace Prize winner Mikhail Gorbachev and Walter Veltroni , Mayor of Rome, was an acknowledgment of Gabriel’s uitgebreide contribution to this club and work on behalf of human rights and peace. The award was Presented in the Giulio Cesare Hall of the Campidoglio in Rome. At the end of the year, he was Awarded the Q magazine Lifetime Achievement Award Presented to encounter in American musician Moby . In an interview published in the magazine to Accompany the award, Gabriel’s contribution to this club to music was DESCRIBED as “solid and enduring.”
Gabriel took on a project with the BBC World Service ‘s competition “The Next Big Thing” to find the world’s best young band. Gabriel is judging the final six young artists with William Orbit , Geoff Travis and Angelique Kidjo .
The Times Reported on 21 January 2007 dat Peter Gabriel had announced therein have Planned to release his next album in the US without the aid of a record company. Gabriel, an early pioneer of digital music distribution, had raised £ 2 million towards recording and shipping, his next album, Big Blue Ball in a venture with investment boutique Ingenious Media . Gabriel is pure chance to earn double the money dat he mention anything through a Conventional record deal. Commercial director Duncan Reid or Ingenious wordt uitgelegd the business savvy of the deal, saying, “If you’re paying a small distribution fee and covering your own marketing costs, you enjoy the lion’s share of the Proceeds of the album. Gabriel is pure chance to outsource CD production for worldwide release through Warner Bros. Records . The new album deal covers the North America territory, where Gabriel is Temporarily out of contract. 
The album Big Blue Ball was launched in America thanks to a venture capital trust initiative. Bosses at London-based firm Ingenious raised morethan 2 million GBP to help promote the release in the United States. The venture capitalists, Gabriel and his Real World Limited partners, port created a new joint venture company, High Level Recordings Limited, to oversee the release of the album, welke took place in 2008. Gabriel Appeared on a nationwide tour for the album in 2009 . 
Gabriel was a judge for the 6th and 8th annual Independent Music Awards to support independent artists. 
In February 2009, Gabriel announced dat he mention anything not be performing on the 2008 Academy Awards telecast Because producers of the show ulcers limiting his performance of ” Down to Earth ” from WALL-E to 65 seconds. John Legend and the Soweto Gospel Choir Performed the song in his stead.
Gabriel’s 2009 tour appearances included Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Venezuela. His first ever performance in Peru was held in Lima on 20 March 2009, prolongation his second visit to the country. His concert in Mexico City, on 27 March 2009, attracted morethan 38,000 fans.
On 25 July 2009, have played will at WOMAD Charlton Park, his only European performance of the year, to promote Witness. The show included two tracks from the then-forthcoming Scratch My Back : Paul Simon ‘s “The Boy in the Bubble” and The Magnetic Fields ‘ “The Book of Love”. 
On 21 August 2010, Gabriel Performed a live set for ” Guitar Center Sessions” on DirecTV . The episode ook included an interview with Gabriel by the host of the program, Nic Harcourt . 
On 5 October 2011 at the Royal Festival Hall, London Gabriel Appeared at the end of an interview or US President Carter at Channel 4 News presenter Jon Snow, to lead the 2,500-strong audience in a rendition of happy birthday to market the President turning 87.
On 9 November 2011 he Appeared and Performed on CBS ‘s Late Show with David Letterman .
In 2012, Gabriel toured in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the So album. The tour was called “Back to Front”, and included the members of the original “So” tour waaronder Tony Levin , David Rhodes, and others. Lycra performance included the entire way album. A highlight of the tour was a cameo appearance by John Cusack at the Hollywood Bowl and Santa Barbara performances. At synthesis performances, Cusack Appeared from off stage prolongation the intro to “In Your Eyes” and handed Gabriel a ghetto blaster, a homage to his scene serenading Ione Skye in the movie “Say Anything”.
Peter Gabriel’s cover of Heroes at David Bowie features in the 2014 movie Lone Survivor , starring Mark Wahlberg .  The cover was ook featured in the 2016 Netflix series, Stranger Things .  Gabriel subsequently Performed the song with a full symphony orchestra at a concert at the Brandenburg Gate to mark the 25th anniversary of the tearing down of the Berlin Wall on 9th Nov 2014, as the song lyrics reference “standing at the Wall,” Bowie’s original version retaining leg written and Recorded in West Berlin.
In 2014, he Appeared as himself in The Life of Rock with Brian Pern . The titular character, portrayed by Simon Day , is an affectionate parody or Gabriel. Pern claims to have ‘invented world music “and been” the first musician to use plasticine in videos. ”  Also in 2014, Gabriel was inducted into tje Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for his solo career with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin . Way Down Performed Gabriel’s “Washing of the Water” together.
In 2016 he was featured on a song named “Artificial Intelligence” (referred as “AI”) by the American pop-rock band OneRepublic  
- From Genesis to Revelation (1969)
- Trespass (1970)
- Nursery Cryme (1971)
- Foxtrot (1972)
- Genesis Live (1973)
- Selling England by the Pound (1973)
- The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1974)
- Peter Gabriel (Car) (1977)
- Peter Gabriel (Scratch) (1978)
- Peter Gabriel (Melt) (1980) / Ein deutsches Album (1980)
- Peter Gabriel (Security) (1982) / Deutsches Album (1982)
- So (1986)
- Us (1992)
- Up (2002)
- Scratch My Back (2010)
- New Blood (2011)
- Plays Live (1983) Double Album
- Secret World Live (1994) Double Album
- Live Blood (2012) Double Album
- Back to Front: Live in London (2014) Double Album
- Birdy (1985)
- Passion (1989)
- SSH (2000)
- Long Walk Home (2002)
- ^ Jump up to:a b Hudak, Joseph. “Peter Gabriel Biography” . Rolling Stone . Retrieved 2015-08-14 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. “So – Peter Gabriel (review)” . AllMusic . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ Frank Hoffmann, ed. (2004). Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound (Second ed.). Routledge. ISBN 978-0415938358 . Retrieved 23 January 2015 .
- Jump up^ Ellen Koskoff, ed. (2005). Music Cultures in the United States: An Introduction . Routledge. p. 371. ISBN 978-0415965897 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. “Peter Gabriel Biography” . AllMusic . Retrieved 27 March 2014 .
a bona fide pop star in the ’80s
- Jump up^ Michael Ray, ed. (2012). Disco, punk, new wave, heavy metal, and more: Music in the 1970s and 1980s . Rosen Education Service. p. 107. ISBN 978-1615309085 .
- Jump up^ Holden, Stephen (February 28, 1999). “MUSIC: They’re recording, but Are Way Down Artists?” . The New York Times . Retrieved July 17, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Swanson, Dave (15 August 2013). “38 Years Ago: Peter Gabriel Genesis Leaves” . ultimateclassicrock.com . Retrieved 13 August 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Singh, Anita (16 June 2014). “Genesis back together after nearly the 40 years” . The Daily Telegraph . London . Retrieved 13 August 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “British album Certifications – Peter Gabriel – So” . British Phonographic Industry . Retrieved December 12, 2014. Enter Peter Gabriel in the field search. Select artist in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Click Go
- ^ Jump up to:a b “American album Certifications – Peter Gabriel – So ” . riaa.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Levy, Glen (26 July 2011). “Peter Gabriel, Sledgehammer” (1986) – The 30 All-TIME Best Music Videos ” . TIME.com . Retrieved 24 November 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Peter Gabriel on 30 years of WOMAD – and mixing music with politics” . The Guardian. 26 July 2012 . Retrieved 25 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel on the digital revolution” . CNN. 22 July 2004 . Retrieved 25 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Nelson Mandela launches elsewhere to save world” . London Telegraph Online. 19 July 2007 . Retrieved 19 March 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “The Brits 1987 ‘ . Brits.co.uk . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Past Winners: Peter Gabriel” . The Grammys . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Lily Allen profit web music award” . BBC News . 4 October 2006 . Retrieved 23 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “oldies are golden at the Q awards” . The Guardian. 31 October 2006 . Retrieved 29 June 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Winehouse triumphs at Ivor awards” . BBC News . 24 May 2007 . Retrieved 6 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Gabriel shares Polar Music Prize” . BBC News. 12 May 2009 . Retrieved 25 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel Receives Top Honor at BMI London Awards” . bmi.com . Retrieved 13 October 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel receives ‘Man Of Peace’ Award” . Gigwise. 18 November 2006 . Retrieved 6 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The 2008 TIME 100: Peter Gabriel” . TIME.com . 12 May 2008 . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Abba geselecteerd Hall of Fame honor” . BBC News. 16 March 2010 . Retrieved 25 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Nirvana inducted to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame” . BBC News. April 11, 2014 . Retrieved 11 April 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel Profile” . Lyrics On Demand . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Barratt, Nick (24 November 2007). “Family detective: Peter Gabriel” . Telegraph.co.uk . London . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Down, Dan (1985). Mike on Mike [interview MP], Atlantic Recording Corporation.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Peter Gabriel:” You Could feel the horror … “- Uncut” . 19 October 2012 . Retrieved 29 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel” . Songfacts.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ Perrone, Pierre (22 December 1999). “Market Leaders Pick Their Market Leader: Who’s the manager on top of the rock? – Business – News – The Independent” . The Independent . London . Retrieved 5 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ Daryl Easlea (2013). “Without Frontiers: The Life & Music of Peter Gabriel”. Music Sales Group
- Jump up^ compose, Robyn (1 May 2005). “Classic Tracks: Phil Collins'” In the Air Tonight ” ” . MixOnline.com .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums . London: Guinness World Records Limited
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Whitburn, Joel (2006). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits. Billboard Books
- Jump up^ “So – Peter Gabriel (credits)” . AllMusic . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ The 100 Greatest Albums of the 80s. Rolling Stone. Special Issue 1990. Retrieved 21 November 2011
- Jump up^ “MTV. Top Ten Animated Videos Countdown. June 28, 1998 ‘ . Outpost-daria.com. Archived from the original on 10 July 2012 . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “29th Grammy Awards – 1987 ‘ . Rockonthenet.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Peter Gabriel interview” . Retrieved 29 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Announces North American Tour” Back To Front To Celebrate 25th Anniversary or So ‘ ‘ . petergabriel.com . Retrieved 16 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ Andy Greene (4 September 2012). “QA: Peter Gabriel REFLECTS on His 1986 Landmark Album Such | Music News” . Rolling Stone . Retrieved 16 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel To Take A Year Off | Rock News | News” . Planet Rock. 5 September 2012 . Retrieved 16 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ “New Track – I’m Amazing – PeterGabriel.com” . Retrieved 29 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Peter and Sting Tour 2016 – PeterGabriel.com” . Retrieved 29 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ ” Volume 3: Further in Time ” . Realworldrecords.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “See it. Film it. Change it. Using video to open the eyes of the world to human rights violations” . Witness . Retrieved 16 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ ” ” Peter Gabriel goes monkeys for research project ‘ ‘ . Top40-Charts.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ synthhead (5 February 2004). “MUDDA – Eno and Gabriel Behind Music Manifesto” . Retrieved 29 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel and Brian Eno unveil ‘MUDDA” digital manifesto – Myce.com ” . Retrieved 29 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ Music, IGN (23 September 2004). “Peter Gabriel Gets Myst-ified” . Retrieved 29 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ Music, IGN (2004-09-23). “Peter Gabriel Gets Myst-ified” . IGN . Retrieved 2016-10-11 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel and David Engelke purchase Solid State Logic” . 21 June, 2005 . Retrieved 19 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ Breen, Christopher (27 May 2008). “B & W and Real World Launch Music Club” . PC World . Retrieved 16 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Asteroid Day Takes Aim at Our Cosmic Blind Spot: Threats From Above” . NBC News. 29 June 2015 . Retrieved 29 June 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel talks about his work for Amnesty International” . YouTube . Retrieved 16 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel TV Interview on NBC Today Show about Amnesty concerts” . YouTube . Retrieved 16 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “The North South Prize of Lisbon” . North-South Centre . Council of Europe. Archived from the original on 15 February 2008 . Retrieved 21 January 2008 .
- Jump up^ “Ms. Vera Duarte, Minister of Education, Cape Verde” (PDF) . Council of Europe . Retrieved 3 November 2011 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Peter Gabriel: Pop Stardom and reimagining politics” . Retrieved 29 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “The Quadriga – Award 2008” (in German). Loomarea.com . Retrieved 16 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Iran stoning case woman ordered to name Campaigners” . The Guardian . London. 22 July 2010.
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel speaks of the loss of Nelson Mandela” . Peter Gabriel . 6 December 2013.
- Jump up^ “Video: Peter Gabriel speaks of the loss of Nelson Mandela” . Belfast Telegraph .
- Jump up^ Meikle, James (May 20, 2014). “Jane Goodall and Peter Gabriel urge Air France to stop ferrying lab monkeys” . The Guardian . Retrieved 28 January 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Banksy marks third anniversary of Syria conflict” . BBC News. 13 March, 2014.
- Jump up^ Kreps, Daniel (November 29, 2014). “Peter Gabriel, Pussy Riot Show Support for Hong Kong Protestors” . Rolling Stones . Retrieved 30 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ “University of South Australia honors Peter Gabriel” . unisa.edu.au. 4 March 2015 . Retrieved 4 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqFKjz4l9u0
- Jump up^ Campbell, Julieann (2012). Setting The Truth Free: The Inside Story of the Bloody Sunday Justice Campaign . Liberties Press. ISBN 978-1907593376 .
- Jump up^ Matthews, Jenny (21 April 2005). “Who’s backing Whom at the election by?” . BBC News . Retrieved 13 April 2011 .
- Jump up^ ” ” Luvvies’ for Labour ” . BBC News . 30 August 1998 . Retrieved 22 May 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Mossman, Kate (3 October 2013). “Peter Gabriel: Pop Stardom and reimagining politics” . New Statesman . Retrieved 12 January 2013 .
- Jump up^ Doran, John (19 September 2011). “An Invasion of Privacy: Peter Gabriel Interviewed” . The Quietus . Retrieved 22 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Green candidate sings for votes” . BBC News . 29 April 2005 . Retrieved 22 May 2010 .
- Jump up^ Rogers, Jude (2 June 2010). “Peter Gabriel:” It does not have anything to do with witchcraft! ‘ ” . The Guardian . London . Retrieved 19 February 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel Pulls Music From ‘Rush Limbaugh Show ‘ ‘ . Rolling Stone.
- Jump up^ Ariel Ben (10 November 2014). “Musician Peter Gabriel: I’m Not Anti-Israel, I’m anti-Occupation” . Israel National News . Retrieved 14 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Gabriel attacks Woolley Valley farm plans” . BBC News . 19 May 2010 . Retrieved 15 January 2011 .
- Jump up^ Durman Paul. Gabriel deals a blow to the record business, The Times . 21 January 2007.
- Jump up^ “Gabriel Calls on venture capitalists To Help Album Launch” . Contactmusic.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Past Judges” . Independent Music Awards . Retrieved 16 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ Dalton, Stephen (27 July 2009). “Womad 2009 at Charlton Park Wiltshire” . The Times . London . Retrieved 22 May 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Guitar Center Sessions with host Nic Harcourt” . Sessions.guitarcenter.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ Steinberg, Don (11 January 2016). “David Bowie: How His Songs Shaped Movies and TV Shows” . Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 19 November 2016 .
- Jump up^ Brothers, Duffer (17 July 2016). ” ” Stranger Things: The Duffer Brothers pass the torch ” . Entertainment Weekly’s EW.com . Retrieved 19 November 2016 .
- Jump up^ “The Life of Rock with Brian Pern” . Radio Times . Retrieved 16 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Nirvana to be elevated to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame” . BBC News . 17 December 2013 . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Coldplay’s Chris Martin performs with Peter Gabriel at Rock And Roll Hall of Fame ceremony” . NME . April 11, 2014 . Retrieved 11 April 2014 .