Paul Sandner Moller (born January 11, 1936 FRUITVALE, British Columbia , Canada ) is an engineer who has spent the Past forty years ontwikkelingslanden the Moller Skycar personal vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicle. The engine technology developed for the Skycar has ook leg Adapted as a UAV platform called the “aerobot”.  The rotapower engine Itself has leg spun off to a separate company Moller, Freedom Motors.
Moller holds verschillende degrees and Certifications:
- DAM (Diploma Aircraft Maintenance) PITA, 1957
- DAYS (Diploma Aeronautical Engineering) PITA 1958
- Master of Engineering, McGill University , 1961
- Ph.D. in Aerodynamics, McGill University, 1963
In 1972, Moller founded Supertrapp Industries to market his invention It or an engine silencing system. Moller sold Supertrapp in 1988 in order to fund development or his Skycar and its rotapower engine.
In 2003, the Securities and Exchange Commission Sued Moller for civil fraud ( Securities And Exchange Commission v. Moller International, Inc., and Paul S. Moller, Defendants ) in connection with value or shares after the initial public offering of stock, and for making unsubstantiated claims about the performance of the Skycar.  Moller settled this Lawsuit without admitting guilt by agreeing to a permanent injunction Against claiming Projected worth of Moller International observers and paying US $ 50,000.  The shareholders of Moller International – collectively known as Somi ( “Shareholders Of Moller International”) banded together on a website to tell the Moller-side of the SEC issue. 
Moller is a professor emeritus at the University of California, Davis and lives in Davis . He was featured in Popular Science ‘ s January 2005 issue  and Appeared on the radio show Coast To Coast AM . [ Citation needed ]
In 2007, Moller bekend dat de M200G Volantor , a successor to the Moller Skycar, mention anything hopefully be on the market in the United States in early 2008.  His Proposed Autovolantor model of includes an all-electric version powered by Altairnano batteries. 
Moller’s credibility has bone questioned in recent years Because of the vaporware nature or his creations. In April 2009, the National Post characterized the Moller M400 Skycar as a ‘failure’, and the DESCRIBED Moller company as “no longer believable enough to gain investors’. 
On May 18, 2009, Moller Filed for personal protection under the Chapter 11 reorganization Provisions of the federal bankruptcy law, however Moller International (corporation) did not file for bankruptcy and Continues to do business as of October 24, 2013 . [ Citation needed ]
- Jump up^ aerobotfrom Moller.com
- Jump up^ “Complaint: Moller International, Inc., and Paul S. Moller” . US Securities and Exchange Commission . 2003-02-19 . Retrieved May 29, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Securities And Exchange Commission v. Moller International, Inc., and Paul S. Moller, Defendantsfrom theUS Securities and Exchange Commissionwebsite
- Jump up^ Somi 2013 – Stock Holders of Moller Internationalwebsite with Moller’s side of the SEC settlement story
- Jump up^ Jeff WisePaul Moller: Artful Dodger, with Eyes on the Prize. Popular Science , January 1, 2005. Retrieved 09/24/2009.
- Jump up^ ” ‘ Flying Saucer’ nears US take-off” . BBC News . 2007-08-30 . Retrieved 2007-08-30 .
- Jump up^ Paul S. MollerAutovolantor -an Automobile That Can Occasionally Operate Above Traffic, (presented at the 2008 SAE Wichita Aviation Technology Congress & Exhibition, August 21, 2008), www.moller.com website. Retrieved 09/24/2009.
- Jump up^ “Flying cars”. National Post , April 9, 2009