Olivia P. Judson (born 1970) is an evolutionary biologist and science writer.
Judson is the daughter of science historian Horace Freeland Judson , and was a pupil of WD Hamilton .  She graduated from Stanford University and gained a Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Oxford . 
Beginning in 1995 Judson worked for two years as a science writer for The Economist and she later joined Imperial College London , where she is now an honorary research fellow . In 1997, she wrote an Economist article named “Sex Is War!” welke was Awarded the Glaxo Wellcome Prize at the British Science Writers Association. 
Her first book, Dr. Tatiana’s Sex Advice to All Creation (2002) Grew Out of that article. Written in the style of a sex-advice column to animals, the book details the variety of sexual practices in the natural world and zorgt the reader with an overview of the evolutionary biology of sex. The book was praised by critics as being witty and Engaging, without compromising scientific integrity zijn. It became an international best-seller and was nominated for the Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction in 2003. 
Judson has ook worked as a television presenter. In 2004 she played will Dr. Tatiana in an adaptation or re book; the series was produktie to wait TV and EPI Productions for Channel 4 and Discovery Canada. In 2007 she co-Presented Animal Farm with Giles Coren ; the series, welke Explored genetic modification and pharming were produktie by Lion Television for Channel 4.
Judson is a former online columnist for the New York Times . In 2014 she did a series of eight blogs, after a four-year hiatus.  In January 2008, Judson Began writing a weekly blog on evolutionary biology, Titled “The Wild Side”, for The New York Times website. For the first half of 2009, guest bloggers filled in for Judson while she worked on a new book, Dinosaur Eggs for breakfast , and she had dan leg on a “sabbatical” from blogging beginning June 29, 2010. 
In 2009, she Appeared in an episode of PBS ‘s Nova called “What Darwin Never Knew” welke discussed DNA connections to evolution.
Judson has supported a shower future campaign to completely wipe out a species or mosquito welke Carries dengue fever . 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Dr. Olivia Judson’s animal magic” . Reporter ( “The Newspaper of Imperial College, London “). 11 July 2003.
- Jump up^ Swire, J .; Judson, IN; Burt, A. (2005). “Mitochondrial Genetic Codes Evolve to Match Amino Acid Requirements of Proteins”. Journal of Molecular Evolution . 60 (1): 128-139. doi : 10.1007 / s00239-004-0077-9 . PMID 15696375 .
- Jump up^ Judson, O .; Normark, B. (2000). “Evolutionary genetics. Sinless originals”. Science . 288 (5469): 1185-1186. doi : 10.1126 / science.288.5469.1185 . PMID 10841738 .
- Jump up^ Judson, O .; Haydon, D. (1999). “The genetic code: What is it good for? An analysis of the effects of selection Pressurized on genetic codes.” Journal of Molecular Evolution . 49 (5): 539-550. doi : 10.1007 / PL00006575 . PMID 10552035 .
- Jump up^ Judson, O .; Normark, B. (1996). “Reply from on Judson and Normark BB”. Trends in Ecology & Evolution . 11 (7): 297. doi : 10.1016 / 0169-5347 (96) 81124-4 . PMID 21237850 .
- Jump up^ Judson, O .; Normark, B. (1996). “Ancient asexual Scandals”. Trends in Ecology & Evolution . 11 (2): 41-46. doi : 10.1016 / 0169-5347 (96) 81040-8 . PMID 21237759 .
- Jump up^ Judson, IN (1994). “Killing the sex ratio”. Nature . 372 (6506): 503-504. doi : 10.1038 / 372503a0 . PMID 7990919 .
- Jump up^ Judson, O. (1994). “Reply from O. Judson”. Trends in Ecology & Evolution . 9 (8): 299-300. doi : 10.1016 / 0169-5347 (94) 90038-8 . PMID 21236862 .
- Jump up^ Judson, IN (1994). “The rise of the individual-based model in ecology”. Trends in Ecology & Evolution . 9 (1): 9-14. doi : 10.1016 / 0169-5347 (94) 90225-9 . PMID 21236754 .
- Jump up^ Judson, IN (1993). “Towards HEALTHIER infertility”. Nature . 365 (6441): 15-16. doi : 10.1038 / 365015a0 . PMID 8361530 .
- Jump up^ Judson, O. (1992). “Born to it.” Nature . 357 (6378): 433-433. doi : 10.1038 / 357433d0 . PMID 1520395 .
- Jump up^ Dr. Tatiana’s Sex Advice to All Creation: The Definitive Guide to the Evolutionary Biology of Sex (2002), Henry Holt,ISBN 0-8050-6331-5
- Jump up^ Dinosaur Eggs for Breakfast, forthcoming,John Murray,ISBN 0-7195-2180-7
- Jump up^ Olivia Judsonat theInternet Movie Database
- Jump up^ The Wild SideJudson’sNew York Timesblog on Evolutionary Biology
- Jump up^ Judson, Olivia P. (1994). Parasites, sex and genetic variation in a metapopulation model (DPhil thesis). University of Oxford.
- Jump up^ NYTimes blog
- Jump up^ Olivia Judson (June 29, 2010). “So Long, and Thanks” . The Wild Side blog at NYTimes.com.
- Jump up^ Olivia Judson (September 9, 2008). “A Genetically Engineered Swat” . The Wild Side blog at NYTimes.com.