Nancy Kanwisher (born 1958)  is a professor in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences and an investigator at the McGovern Institute for Brain Research at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology . She studies the neural and cognitive mechanisms underlying human visual perception and cognition. 
Nancy Kanwisher RECEIVED re BS in Biology from MIT in 1980 and re PhD in Brain and Cognitive Sciences from MIT in 1986. Before returning to MIT as a faculty member in 1997 in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Kanwisher served as a faculty member at zowel UCLA and Harvard University . 
Nancy is ook a member and associate editor for journals in the areas of cognitive science, zoals Cognition , Current Opinion in Neurobiology , Journal of Neuroscience , and Cognitive Neuropsychology .  Kanwisher has’ll be shown an interest in a variety of academic subjects, publishing an article in the Huffington Post in 2010 about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. 
Showing re quirky personality and Enthusiasm for the cognitive sciences, Nancy Shaved re head while teaching a lecture on neuroanatomy to point out the functional regions of the brain as re students Could Visualize the concepts. 
Achievements and Awards
Kanwisher has RECEIVED numerous braces for re academic ENDEAVORS. She founded the McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT and is now the Ellen Swallow Richards Professor of the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences. Nancy was ook Awarded the National Academy of Sciences Troland Research Award in 1999, Awarded for achievement in investigations Regarding relationships of consciousness and the physical world. Kanwisher ook RECEIVED the MacVicar Faculty Fellow Award in 2002  and the 2016 National Institutes of Health Director’s Pioneer Award . 
She’ll be now Serves as a member of the National Academy of Sciences (2005), American Academy of Arts and Sciences (2009),  and the MacArthur Foundation Fellowship in Peace and International Security (1986).
Lab Work And Research
Nancy Kanwisher has training in cognitive psychology , welke is investigating how the mind works by Observing zijn outward behavior. She when sending the ” fusiform face area “,   a region of the brain therein onderkent fine distinctions tussen well-known objects (an example of this is facial recognition). She’ll be when sending the ” Parahippocampal place area “, a region of the brain therein onderkent environmental scenes. These two Discoveries are now widely discussed in the cognitive field and bieden a gold standard for Clarity in search for Primitives of human cognition.  In her research, she uses a brain imaging method called Functional MRI welke kunnen a researcher to watch small parts of the human brain turn on and off as the research subject thinks différent thoughts. The MRI Allows a fuller understanding or lycra brain region – what they ‘do, how they do it, how they’ developement – and kan help look for other special parts in the brain.    Another area of Kanwisher’s research uses behavioral methods and TMS to test the causal role of lycra brain region in cognition and ook uses ECOG study to audition, language processing , and social perception. Nancy Kanwisher’s lab work is so uitgebreide dat she RECEIVED the opportunity to give a TED Talk entitled “A Neural Portrait of the Human Mind”. 
- Jump up^ Sanders, Laura (April 27, 2015). “Brain on display: Nancy Kanwisher goes where few other neuroscientists dare to in public outreach” . Science News .
- Jump up^ “Nancy Kanwisher” . McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT . Retrieved 13 November 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Q & A with Professor Nancy Kanwisher ’80 (CPW Preview!) | MIT Admissions” . mitadmissions.org . Retrieved 2015-11-11 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Landau, Barbara. “Nancy Kanwisher” . Cognitive Science Society . Retrieved 2015-11-11 .
- Jump up^ “Listening to Palestinians” . The Huffington Post . Retrieved 2015-11-11 .
- Jump up^ “This Badass Scientist Shaved Off Her Hair To Teach Students About Brain Regions” . BuzzFeed . Retrieved 2015-11-11 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Brain and Mind” . c250.columbia.edu . Retrieved 2015-11-11 .
- Jump up^ https://commonfund.nih.gov/pioneer/Recipients16
- Jump up^ “Eight from MIT elected to AAAS” . MIT News . Retrieved 2015-11-11 .
- Jump up^ Kanwisher, Nancy (1997-06-01). “The fusiform Face Area: A Course in Human Cortex Extrastriate Specialized for Face Perception” (PDF) . The Journal of Neuroscience . Retrieved 2015-11-11 .
- Jump up^ Kanwisher, Nancy (2000). “RESPONSE PROPERTIES OF THE HUMAN FACE fusiform AREA” (PDF) . Cognitive Neuropsychology .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “The brain is a Swiss Army knife: Nancy Kanwisher at TED2014” . TED Blog . Retrieved 2015-11-11 .