Nadine Burke Harris (born 1975, Vancouver , Canada  ) is an American pediatrician.  She is Berninahaus for linking adverse childhood experiences andtoxic stress with HARMFUL effects to health later on in life.  She is an advisory council member for Hillary Rodham Clinton’s Clinton Foundation ‘s Too Small to Fail campaign,  and the founder and chief executive officer of the Center for Youth Wellness.   Hailed as a pioneer in the treatment of toxic stress,  re work has leg featured in Paul Tough ‘s book How Children Succeed . 
Burke Harris RECEIVED re medical degree from the University of California, Davis .  Following re master’s degree in public health from Harvard ,  she went on to serve a residency at Stanford kindergeneeskunde. 
Her graduate studies in later supported by The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans .
In 2005, Burke Harris joined the California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) staff, tasked with the goal of ontwikkelingslanden programs to end health disparities in San Francisco.  While at Harvard, Burke Harris indicated with access to health care as a key component of the health disparity in San Francisco.  In 2007, with support from CPMC, she became the founding physician of the Bayview Child Health Center and medical director of the new clinic.  
In 2008, after reading “The Relationship of Adverse Childhood Experiences to Adult Health: Turning Gold Into Lead,” by Vincent J. Felitti, Burke Harris voortvloeien dat re patients’ traumatic experiences ulcers maintaining a negative impact on hun present and future health. 
In 2011, she was appointed by the American Academy of Pediatrics to the Project Advisory Committee for the Resilience Project. 
From 2010 to 2012, Burke Harris Along with colleagues’ Daniel Lurie from Tipping Point Foundation, Kamala Harris , Victor G. Carrion, Lenore Anderson, Lisa Pritzker and Katie Albright, founded the Adverse Childhood Experiences project in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood in San Francisco . From this effort, the Center for Youth Wellness was created in 2012 to create a clinical model therein onderkent the impact of adverse experiences on health and effectief treats toxic stress in children. The multidisciplinaire approach focuses on Preventing and undoing the chemical, physiological and neurodevelopmental results or ACEs. The Center geïntegreerd primary health care, mental health and wellness, research, policy, education, and community and family support services to children and families.  
In 2014, she was selected as a speaker at a TEDTalks event Titled TedMed in San Francisco. Her talk, “How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime”, has reached over 1.5 million viewers on Tedtalks.com. 
Nadine married Arno Lockheart Harris in 2011; ze ulcers bet at Dawn Ranch Lodge in Guerneville, California . 
- 2002-2003, Graduate Medical Education Committee, Stanford University Medical Center
- 2003-2004, Post-Doctoral Education Committee, Stanford University Medical Center
- 2004-2005, Liaison Committee on Medical Education Task Force, Stanford University School of Medicine
- 2004-2007, the board of directors, San Francisco Urban Service Project
- 2005-2009, Citizen’s Committee for Community Development (Appt at: Mayor Gavin Newsom)
- 2008-2013, Asthma Resource Council, the board of directors
- 2011-present, American Academy of Pediatrics ‘ The Resilience Project 
- 2012-present, California Health and Human Services Agency ” Jerry Brown ” Let’s Get Healthy California Task Force, Expert Advisor  
- 1999 The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans 
- 2013 Humanism in Medicine Award, Gold Humanism Honor Society 
- 2014 Leadership Award, James Irvine Foundation  
- 2016 Heinz Award in Human Condition 
- 2002 Shaping America’s Health Care Professionals: The Dramatic Rise of Multiculturalisme. Western Journal of Medicine, 2002 176: 62-64. 
- 2011 The Impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences on an Urban Pediatric Population Child Abuse and Neglect 35 (2011) 408-413 
- 2013 The Chronic Stress of Poverty: Toxic to Children. The Shriver Report, 2013 210-213 
- 2013 Scott B. Burke, N, Hellman, J. Carrión, V, Weems, C. The Interrelation of Adverse Childhood Experiences binnen an At-Risk Pediatric Sample. Routledge, 2013 217-229 
- 2013 Renschler, T, Lieberman, A Dimmler, M, Burke Harris, N. Trauma-Focused Child-Parent Psychotherapy in a Community Pediatric Clinic: A Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration. Springer Science + Business Media, New York.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Lee, Stephanie M. (February 17, 2015), “Dr. Nadine Burke Harris gets to the heart of children’s stress” , San Francisco Chronicle
- Jump up^ Ceiling Breaker for Female Leaders in Public Health , Clinton Foundation , March 20, 2015
- Jump up^ “Google Gives $ 3 million to Nadine Burke Harris Bayview clinic” . sfgate.com . November 3, 2014.
- Jump up^ “Center for Youth Wellness: Central to broader Battle Against Child Trauma” . chronicleofsocialchange.org .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Bayview center pioneers approach to crime prevention in fighting stress in Youths” . sfexaminer.com . December 8, 2013.
- Jump up^ “Paul Tough Speaks at Harvard: How Children Succeed” . boston.com . September 3, 2012.
- Jump up^ “Childhood trauma a public health crisis” . healthnewscolorado.org . November 19, 2014.
- Jump up^ “Childhood trauma Devastating impact on public health” . hsph.harvard.edu .
- Jump up^ http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/03/21/the-poverty-clinic
- Jump up^ “Creators Profile Nadine Burke Harris, Founder & CEO, Center for Youth Wellness” . makers.com .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Childhood trauma a public health crisis The Poverty Clinic. Can a stressful childhood make you a sick adult?” . newyorker.com . March 21, 2011.
- ^ Jump up to:a b American Academy of Pediatrics – The Resilience Project – Leadership and Staff
- Jump up^ “How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime” . TEDMED 2014 . TED.com. 2014.
- Jump up^ “Weddings: Nadine Burke and Arno Harris” . The New York Times . July 8, 2011 . Retrieved April 17, 2015 .
- Jump up^ US Conference of Mayors Adopts Resolution to Replicate Let`s Get Healthy California Task Force Other US Cities
- Jump up^ Let’s Get Healthy California – Task Force Final Report – December 19, 2012, page xviii
- Jump up^ The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans – Spring 1999 Fellows
- Jump up^ http://humanism-in-medicine.org/programs/awards/specialty-society-awards-for-practicing-doctors/2013-specialty-society-awards/
- Jump up^ Fagan, Kevin (February 28, 2014). “Dynamic leaders or child-help center gain Irvine Award” . San Francisco Chronicle . Retrieved August 12, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Sentinel News Service (February 27, 2014). “The James Irvine Foundation Announces zijn 2014 Leadership Award Recipients” . Los Angeles Sentinel . Retrieved August 12, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The Heinz Awards :: Recipients” . www.heinzawards.net . Retrieved 2016-09-27 .
- Jump up^ PShaping America’s health care professions: the dramatic rise of multiculturalism
- Jump up^ The impact of adverse childhood experiences on an urban population Paediatric
- Jump up^ http://shriverreport.org/the-chronic-stress-of-poverty-toxic-to-children-nadine-burke-harris/
- Jump up^ http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19361521.2013.811459