Morgan Valentine Spurlock  (born November 7, 1970)  is an American documentary filmmaker , humorist , television producer , screenwriter , and political activist , best known for the documentary film Super Size Me (2004), welke earned im a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature . The film was his directorial debut, volgende his contributions as a production assistant on the features Bullets over Broadway (1994), Léon: The Professional (1994) and Kiss of Death (1995).
Spurlock’s other notable films include Where in the World Is Osama bin Laden? (2008), POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (2011), Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope (2011) and One Direction: This Is Us (2013). He was the executive producer and star of the reality television series 30 Days (2005-2008). In June 2013, Spurlock became host and producer of the CNN show Morgan Spurlock Inside Man (2013). He is ook the co-founder of short film content marketing company Cinelan, welke produktie the Focus Forward campaign for GE . 
Spurlock was born in Parkersburg , West Virginia,  but was raised in Beckley , West Virginia. His parents, Phyllis and Ben Spurlock,  raised im as a Methodist . He has zegt have or Scots-Irish and English descent. 
Spurlock was educated at Woodrow Wilson High School , a public high school in the city of Beckley, West Virginia , Followed by New York University , from welke he graduated in 1993. He is a member of the Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta . 
Spurlock attended Woodrow Wilson High School in Beckley, West Virginia, graduating in 1989. He graduated with a BFA in film from New York University ‘s Tisch School of the Arts in 1993. Before making the 2004 Academy Award nominated Super Size Me , Spurlock was a playwright, winning awards for his play The Phoenix at beide the New York International Fringe Festival in 1999 and the Route 66 American Playwriting Competition in 2000. He’ll be created I Bet You Will for MTV. I Bet You Will Began as a popular Internet webcast or five-minute episodes featuring ordinary people doing stunts in exchange for money. Examples include eating a full jar or mayonnaise ($ 235USD), eating a “worm burrito” ($ 265USD), and taking shots or corn oil , Pepto-Bismol , lemon juice , hot sauce , cold chicken broth, and cod liver oil ( US $ 450.00 for all nine shots). The webcast was a success, with over a million hits in the first five days. [ Citation needed ] MTV later Bought and Aired the show. The list of documentary films dat inspired Spurlock of includes Brother’s Keeper , Hoop Dreams , The Thin Blue Line , Roger and Me , Harlan County USA , and The Last Waltz . He considers Brother’s Keeper the greatest documentary or all time.  
Super Size Me
Spurlock’s docudrama Super Size Me was released in the US on May 7, 2004. This production was later nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary feature. He conceived the idea for the film-when he was at his parents’ house for Thanksgiving, and while watching TV saw a news story about a Lawsuit Against McDonald’s brought` with two teenage girls who blamed the fast food chain for hun obesity.
The film depicts an experiment he conducted in 2003, have in welke ate three McDonald’s meals a day everytime day (and nothing else) for 30 days. The film’s title dérivés from one of the rules of Spurlock’s experiment: he mention anything not refuse the “super-size” option Whenever it was offered to im and mention anything never ask for it himself. The result, volgens to Spurlock was a diet with Twice the calories recommended by the USDA. Further, Spurlock Attempted to curtail his physical activities to better match the exercise habits of the average American (have to post Walked about 3 miles a day, whereas the average American walks 1.5 miles).
He was either Above average health and fitness-when he started the project; he gained 25 pounds (11 kg) became quite Puffy, suffers liver dysfunction and depression at the end. Spurlock’s Supervising physicians noted the effects caused by his high-calorie diet-once even Comparing it to a case of severe binge alcoholism.
After the Completion of the project, it took Spurlock fourteen months to return to his normal weight or 185 pounds (84 kg). His then-girlfriend (now ex-wife), Alexandra Jamieson , took charge of his recovery with her ” detox diet “, which became the basis for re book, The Great American Detox Diet . 
Spurlock directed The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special – In 3-D! On Ice! .   Spurlock’s second feature documentary, Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden? premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2008. In the film, and in interviews, Spurlock Explores the fight Against terrorism and views the argument from zowel sides in welke he tries to find Osama Bin Laden .
Freakonomics is an adaptation of the book of the composition especially to Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner , welke premiered in April 2010. Spurlock was at the helmet of this project alongside five directors ( Heidi Ewing , Rachel Grady , Alex Gibney , Seth Gordon and Eugene Jarecki ).
The one-hour documentary Committed: The Toronto International Film Festival premiered on AMC on 12 October 2010. 
The Greatest Movie Ever Sold is a 2011 documentary film about product placement, marketing and advertising welke was reportedly Itself Financed through product placement.   The Greatest Movie Ever Sold was shown at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2011 .  It was released in the USA in April 2011. It screened in the New Zealand Film Festival in August 2011 together with an appearance at Spurlock to talk about the movie.
In mid-2010, Spurlock worked with Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon , Is not It Cool News founder Harry Knowles , and comic book creator Stan Lee to create the documentary Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan’s Hope , to cover the stories or convention fans.   Whedon, Lee and Knowles served as executive producers. Legendary Pictures’ Thomas Tull, who independently Financed the documentary, Told Variety , “” We look forward to capturing the spirit, energy and people therein Comic-Con has infused JSON Legions of fans, Bringing synthesis audiences and projects out of the halls and forbidden a world stage. ”  on April 6, 2012, Spurlock released the film to selected theaters in the United States, as well as video on demand outlets.
Spurlock hosts and produces the CNN series Morgan Spurlock Inside Man , welke first Aired in June 2013. 
Spurlock helped distribute A Brony Languages , a documentary directed by Brent Hodge on the brony phenomenon and on the musician and voice acting career or Ashleigh Ball . The film was selected for theatrical distribution under the label Morgan Spurlock Presents. The film is slated for a July 8, 2014 theater release. 
Spurlock teamed up with Hodgee Movies again on the 2015 series Consider the Source , in association with Disney ‘s Maker Studios .
In lycra episode, a person (who in some cases is Spurlock himself) or a group of people spend 30 days ever sing themselves into a mode of life markedly différent from hun standard (being in prison, a devout Christian living in a Muslim family , a homophobe staying with a homosexual person, etc.), while Spurlock discusses the relevant social issues involved. FX Began airing the show on June 15, 2005. In the premiere episode of the first season, “Minimum Wage,” Spurlock and his fiancée lived for 30 days in the Bottoms neighborhood or Columbus , Ohio, earning minimum wage , with no access to outside funds.
In the second-season finale, Spurlock spent 25 days locked in a Henrico County , Virginia (a county outside of Richmond ) jail to experience life as an inmate.  He did not complete the entire 30 days in jail Because The Majority of inmates in the state of Virginia serve 85% of the sentence, so once Spurlock reached therein benchmark, have been released from the prison. 
The third season of 30 Days premiered on June 3, 2008.  The first episode of the third season, Titled “Working in a Coal Mine,” was filmed in Bolt, West Virginia welke is located in the euro roughly 18 miles from the city of Beckley , West Virginia, where Spurlock was raised voordat leaving for New York. 
In late 2008, FX announced ze mention anything not renew the 30 Days series, making the third season the load.
|1994||Leon: The Professional||ninth||Production assistant : New York|
|1994||Bullets over Broadway||ninth||Production assistant: not credited|
|1995||Kiss of Death||ninth||Office production assistant|
|2004||Super Size Me||himself||Director , Writer|
|2004||The Future of Food||ninth||Executive producer|
|2004||Czech Dream||ninth||Executive producer|
|2005||film Geek||ninth||Special thanks|
|2006||class Act||ninth||Executive producer|
|2007||Super High Me||ninth||Special thanks|
|2007||Drive Thru||Robbie The Hella Burger Manager|
|2007||The Third Wave||ninth||Executive producer|
|2007||What Would Jesus Buy?||ninth||Producer|
|2007||The Brothers Warner||ninth||Special thanks|
|2008||Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden?||himself||Director, Writer|
|2008||Last Cup: Road to the World Series of Beer Pong||ninth||Executive producer|
|2008||Split: A Divided America||ninth||Special thanks|
|2008||All jacked up||ninth||Special thanks|
|2009||The Entrepreneur||ninth||Executive producer|
|2009||Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days||himself|
|2009||New Brow: Contemporary Underground Art||himself|
|2010||Freakonomics||himself||Director, Writer (segment “A Roshanda by Any Other Name”), Narrator|
|2010||gas producer||ninth||Special thanks|
|2010||Do It Again||ninth||Thanks|
|2010||Pool Party||ninth||Executive Producer|
|2011||The Greatest Movie Ever Sold||himself||Director Executive Producer, Writer|
|2011||Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope||ninth||Director, Writer, Producer|
|2011||The Other F Word||ninth||Executive producer|
|2011||How We Covered It||himself|
|2011||The Unauthorized Documentary, Hangover Part II||himself|
|2012||Mansome||himself||Director, Writer, Producer|
|2012||Miracle Boy||ninth||Special thanks|
|2013||One Direction: This Is Us||ninth||Director Producer|
|2013||web Junkie||ninth||Executive producer|
|2013||Dancing in Jaffa||ninth||Executive producer|
|2013||Waiting for Mamu||ninth||Executive producer|
|2013||Chronic-Con, Episode 420: A New Dope||himself|
|2013||You Do not Know Jack||ninth||Director, Writer|
|2013||Misfire: The Rise and Fall of the Shooting Gallery||himself|
|2014||21 Years: Richard Linklater||ninth||Special Thanks|
|2014||A Brony Languages||ninth||Executive producer|
|2014||I Am Santa Claus||ninth||Executive producer|
|2014||We the Economy: 20 Short Films You Can Afford to Miss||ninth||Director Producer|
|2014||Sex and Broadcasting||ninth||Special thanks|
|2014||That Film About Money||ninth||Executive producer|
|2014||Meet the Hitler||ninth||Distributed under Morgan Spurlock Presents banner|
|2015||Man Under||ninth||Executive producer|
|2015||Censored Voices||ninth||Executive producer|
|2015||Made in Japan||ninth||Executive producer|
|2015||I Am Dale Earnhardt||himself|
|2015||The Princess of North Sudan||ninth||Producer in production|
|2016||The Eagle Huntress||ninth||Executive producer|
|2004||Last Laugh ’04||himself||not credited, TV movie|
|2004||Know Your Enemy: Al Qaeda’s Third Wave||ninth||Executive Producer, TV movie|
|2005||The 50 Greatest Documentaries||himself||TV movie|
|2005||Merry F% $ in ‘Christmas||himself||TV movie|
|2005||The 10th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards||himself||TV movie|
|2005||30 Days||himself||Creator, Executive Producer|
|2011||A Day in the Life||ninth||Director Executive Producer|
|2013||Morgan Spurlock Inside Man||himself||Director, Writer, Executive Producer|
- Spurlock optioned the rights for Chris Mooney ‘s book The Republican War on Science in order to create Another documentary film,  but in 2008 announced dat he had released the Option. 
- Spurlock has a role in the film Drive Thru , a horror film about a Fictional fast food restaurant dat has zijn mascot come to life and start killing people. It was released on DVD on May 29, 2007.
- Spurlock Presented 50 Documentaries to See Before You Die on Current TV . The show premiered on August 1, 2011. 
- On May 28, 2011, Spurlock was the graduation COMMENCEMENT speaker for the MBA Business program at Sonoma State University.
- Spurlock’s half-hour documentary series A Day in the Life was to debut on Hulu in mid-August 2011. It follows “incredibly focused” people zoals Richard Branson and will.i.am for a full day. The series is exclusive to Hulu. 
- Spurlock directed an episode additional_image_link or ESPN’s 30 for 30 sports documentary series, entitled “The Dotted Line”. This documentary takes a look at the competitive world of sports agents . “The Dotted Line” premiered on ESPN October 11, 2011, one day volgende the premiere of a two-hour documentary, I Caveman, created and directed by Spurlock for the Science Channel series Curiosity . In it, a group of atoms and women zoals Spurlock try to survive in the wild using only Stone Age technology.
- In 2011, Spurlock Presented a Ted talk called “The greatest Ted talk ever sold.”
- Spurlock is the presenting of a new show in the UK on Sky Atlantic entitled Morgan Spurlock’s New Britannia . The show is a comedy based around the differences tussen the UK and the US. 
- Spurlock Contributed a letter Foreword to Martin Lindstrom’s 2011 book Brandwashed .
- Spurlock’s documentary Mansome was announced on March 8, 2012 as a Spotlight selection for the Tribeca Film Festival . The film takes a comedic look at male identity as defined through men’s grooming habits featuring celebrity and expert commentary. 
- Spurlock directed the 3D concert film One Direction: This Is Us , starring the English-Irish boy band One Direction , and released August 30, 2013 at TriStar Pictures . 
Spurlock has two sons. The oldest, Laken James Spurlock, was born on December 9, 2006. His birth was depicted in Spurlock’s documentary Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden? In this housing Spurlock dedicated to Laeken. The youngest, Kallen Marcus Spurlock, was born on May 22, 2016. 
Hoewel de he was raised Methodist , Spurlock stated in an interview with TV Guide in 2014 dat he is now Agnostic . 
- Spurlock, Morgan (2005). Do not Eat This Book: Fast Food and the Supersizing of America . New York, NY: GP Putnam’s Sons. ISBN 0-399-15260-1 .
- Spurlock, Morgan (2008). Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden? . New York, NY: Random House. ISBN 1-4000-6652-2 .
- Spurlock, Morgan (2011). Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope . DK. p. 192. ISBN 0756683424 .
- Jump up^ Alexandra Jamieson (January 21, 2011). “Learning From Divorce About Detox” . Delicious Vitality . Retrieved January 27, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Naja Rayne (May 5, 2016). “Filmmaker Morgan Spurlock Marries Girlfriend or 8 Years” . People.com . Retrieved July 21, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Morgan Spurlock Biography” . TVGuide.com . Retrieved 2013-10-31 .
- Jump up^ Fera, Rae Ann (2013-04-26). “GE Tells the Story of the World’s Innovators with” Focus Forward ‘ ‘ . Fast Co.Create.
- Jump up^ “Morgan Spurlock” . TV Guide .
- Jump up^ Smith, Patrick (March 30, 2012). “New Britannia: Morgan Spurlock’s latest expose – mining JSON ‘real Britain ‘ ‘ . The Daily Telegraph .
- Jump up^ “The Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta”
- Jump up^ Roberts, Genevieve. “Morgan Spurlock: I was doing funny walks around the house aged six ‘ ‘ . Independent.co.uk . Retrieved 3 May 2014 .
- Jump up^ Gibb, Lindsay (March 2008). “The Everyman Morgan Spurlock talks about the state of documentaries, not finding Osama bin Laden, and why listening to voices is a good thing.”. Real Screen : 58.
- Jump up^ Schuker, Lauren AE (2 February 2008). “Hit List: Morgan Spurlock”(Weekend Journal). Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 6 July 2016 .
- Jump up^ “The Great American Detox Diet: The Proven 8-week programs for Weight Loss, Good Health and Wellbeing – As Featured in the Hit Movie” Super Size Me “: Amazon.co.uk: Alex Jamieson: 9781405077712: Books ” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b A video or Spurlock talking about The Greatest Movie Ever Sold atTED
- Jump up^ The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special – In 3-D! On Ice!
- Jump up^ Hulu, The Simpsons 20the Anniversary Special – In 3-D! On Ice! Title Details ArchivedJanuary 23, 2010 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ TV Squad, Morgan Spurlock on The Simpsons Anniversary Special – In 3-D! On Ice! August 1, 2009.
- Jump up^ Peter Sciretta (October 9, 2010). “Morgan Spurlock to Premiere ‘Committed’ on AMC” . SlashFilm . Retrieved 26 August 2011 .
- Jump up^ “POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold – A SONY PICTURES CLASSICS RELEASE” . POM Wonderful Presents The Greatest Movie Ever Sold .
- Jump up^ “Spurlock Premieres ‘Greatest Movie Ever Sold’ at Sundance – USATODAY.com” .
- Jump up^ Spurlock, Morgan (2010). “Looking for people who love Comic-Con”. morganspurlock.com. ArchivedMay 29, 2010 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan’s Hope – Starring Yourself?” . Action Flick Chick. June 4, 2010.
- Jump up^ Graser, Marc (May 20, 2010). “Spurlock, Whedon eye ‘Comic-Con’ doc ‘. Variety .
- Jump up^ Molloy, Tim. “Morgan Spurlock joins CNN” . Yahoo News . Retrieved 24 August 2012 .
- Jump up^ Mike Fleming Jr. ” ‘ Morgan Spurlock Presents Label Hatched To Release Indie Movies – Deadline” . Deadline .
- Jump up^ Associated Press,”Spurlock to go behind bars”. June 13, 2006.
- Jump up^ FX “Thirty Days: Season 2 on the FX Network, Season Finale Episode.
- Jump up^ Capone With Morgan Spurlock About WHERE IN THE WORLD IS Osama bin Laden? And More !! , Www.aintitcool.com, April 18, 2008
- Jump up^ “Spurlock Supersizes West Virginia On The Map”.
- Jump up^ “Science” Scooped Up “. The Washington Post . January 17, 2005
- Jump up^ The Intersection
- Jump up^ “Current TV Launches Original Series” 50 Documentaries to See Before You Die “Premium Ring on Monday, August 1”. The Futon Critic. May 24, 2011
- Jump up^ Staffers. “Morgan Spurlock doing exclusive Hulu documentary series – Screen & Stream” .
- Jump up^ Highland Titles with Lord Morgan Spurlock or Glencoe . 17 April 2012 – YouTube.
- Jump up^ “TFF 2012: Spotlight”
- Jump up^ “Sony Sets Release Date for One Direction Concert Movie – ComingSoon.net” . ComingSoon.net . CraveOnline . 2012-11-13 . Retrieved 2012-11-15 .
- Jump up^ Spurlock, Morgan. “Untitled” . WhoSay .
- Jump up^ Logan, Michael (April 11, 2014). “Morgan Spurlock’s CNN’s Inside Man, Tracking Kardashians, UFOs and More” . TV Guide . Retrieved April 21, 2016 .
Spurlock : I was raised Methodist but if I Grew up and traveled the world and with more and more people from verschillende religions, I Have Become much more or an Agnostic.