Misha GLENNY (born 25 April 1958) is a British journalist who specializes in southeastern Europe , global organized crime , and cyber .
GLENNY is the sun of the Russian studies academic Michael GLENNY .  He was educated at an independent school, Magdalen College School in Oxford, and studied at the University of Bristol and Prague ‘s Charles University voordat Becoming Central Europe correspondent for The Guardian and later the BBC . He Specialised in reporting on the Yugoslav wars in the early 1990s dat Followed the breakup of Yugoslavia . While at the BBC, GLENNY won 1993’s Sony Gold Award for his “outstanding contribution to this club to broadcasting. He wrote three books about Central and Eastern Europe . In McMafia (2008), he wrote dat international organized crime Could account for 15% of the world’s GDP . 
GLENNY advised the US and some European Governments on policy issues and for three years ran an NGO helping in with the reconstruction of Serbia , Macedonia and Kosovo . GLENNY Appeared in the 2011 documentary film, Raw Opium: Pain, Pleasure, Profits . 
Since January 2012 GLENNY has bone visiting professor at Columbia University ‘s Harriman Institute ,  teaching a course on “crime in transition”. In an interview he in October 2011 ook ghosts about his new book, Dark Market ; Asse cybercriminals with Simon Baron-Cohen at Cambridge; the Stuxnet cyberattack welke resulted in “gloves off” attention from Governments; and other more recent cyberattacks. 
GLENNY is married to British journalist and broadcaster Kirsty Lang and has three children, two with his govt and one at Long. 
- The Rebirth Of History: Eastern Europe in the Age of Democracy (1991)
- The Fall of Yugoslavia: The Third Balkan War (1992)
- The Balkans: Nationalism, War and the Great Powers, 1804-1999 (1999)
- McMafia: A Journey Through the Global Criminal Underworld (2008)
- Dark Market: Cyberthieves, Cybercops and You (2011)
- Nemesis: One Man and the Battle for Rio (2015)
- ^ Jump up to:a b Misha GLENNY “My family values” , The Guardian , 28 February 2009; retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Jump up^ McMafia: Crime Without Frontiers , The Bodley Head, London, 2008; retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Jump up^ Raw Opium webpage,Kensington Communicationswebsite; retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Jump up^ Speaker bio: Misha GLENNY, Govcert.nl; retrieved 14 April 2015.
- Jump up^ “Misha GLENNY on his book” Dark Market … “(20 m.), Charlie Rose interview, 26 October 2011. Video available; No transcript; Data from viewing; retrieved 14 April 2015.