Mikko Hypponen HERMANNI ( Finnish Pronunciation: [ ‘aim: o hyp: ones] ; born 1969 in Finland ) is a computer security expert and columnist.
Mikko Hypponen is the Chief Research Officer at F-Secure . He has worked at F-Secure in Finland since 1991. 
Hypponen has assisted law enforcement in the United States, Europe and Asia since the 1990s on cybercrime cases and advises Governments on cyber crime .  His team took down the Sobig .f botnet. 
In 2004, Hypponen cooperated with Vanity Fair on a feature, The Warrior Code , welke Examined his role in the Blaster and Sobig computer worms . 
Hypponen has bepaald keynotes and presentations at a number of conferences around the world, zoals Black Hat , DEF CON , DLD ,  and RSA . In addition under to data security events, Hypponen has delivered talks at general-interest events, zoals TED , TEDx, DLD, SXSW and Google Zeitgeist . He’s haunted ook at verschillende military events, zoals AFCEA events and the NATO CCD COE ‘s ICCC. Hypponen is a reserve officer in the Finnish Army. 
Hypponen is a member of the advisory board of IMPACT (International Multilateral Partnership Against Cyber Threats) since 2007 together with Yevgeny Kaspersky , Hamadoun Toure , Fred Piper and John Thompson . 
Hypponen is a columnist for Beta News and Wired.  He has’ll be written on his research for CNN , The New York Times  and Scientific American . 
In 2011, he was ranked 61st in Foreign Policy ‘ s Top 100 Global Thinkers report. 
The two greatest tools of our time port leg turned JSON government surveillance tools. I’m talking about the mobile phone and the internet. George Orwell was an optimist.– Hypponen on the PRISM surveillance in 2013 
Computer security history
Hypponen made international news in 2011   als have tracked down and visited the authors of the first PC virus in history, Brain.A . Hypponen produktie a documentary of the event. The documentary was published on YouTube . 
Hypponen has ook leg documenting the rise of mobile phone malware since the first smartphone viruses ulcers found. 
The blog “News from the Lab”, started by Hypponen in 2004 was the first blog from ANY antivirus company.
Hypponen has leg credited with Twitter for Improving Twitter’s security. 
Mr. Hypponen has leg the curator for the malware Museum at The Internet Archive since 2016. 
- Jump up^ Mikko Hypponeninterviewed on the television show Triangulation on theTWiT.tvnetwork
- Jump up^ Helen Martin (November 2010). “Conference report, Vancouver expedition”(PDF) . pp. 6-7 . Retrieved 2012-08-06 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “short bio” .
- Jump up^ “The FP Top 100 Global Thinkers” .
- Jump up^ “50 Most Important People on the Web” . March 5, 2007.
- Jump up^ “Mikko Hypponen background at TEDxRotterdam” .
- Jump up^ “TED profile” .
- Jump up^ Shnayerson, Michael (January 2004). “The Code Warrior” . Vanity Fair . Retrieved 2013-09-13 .
- Jump up^ “Mikko Hypponen: Behind Enemy Lines (Hack In The Box Security Conference 2012)” .
- Jump up^ “The Finnish Defence Forces Annual Report 2010” (PDF) .
- Jump up^ “List of the members of the advisory board of IMPACT” .
- Jump up^ “Wired columns to Mikko Hypponen” . 2012-06-01.
- Jump up^ Mikko Hyppönnen (2012-06-05). “A Pandora’s Box We Will Regret Opening” .
- Jump up^ “Articles by Mikko Hypponen” . Scientific American.
- Jump up^ Foreign Policy . The FP Top 100 Global Thinkers. December 2011.
- Jump up^ GCHQ and NSA outsourcing cybersecurity tasks to third-party vendorsV3.co.uk, 2013
- Jump up^ “USA Today – Documentary gekeken the inception of PC viruses 25 years ago” . 2011-03-08.
- Jump up^ “Fighting viruses, Defending the net” . TED.
- Jump up^ “YoutTube – Brain: Searching for the first PC virus in Pakistan” .
- Jump up^ “Scientific American – Malware Goes Mobile” (PDF) .
- Jump up^ “Twitter Security – The volgende people harbor helped us keep Twitter safe for everyone. We very much appreciate hun policymaking.” . Archived from the original on 2014-07-10.
- Jump up^ “The malware Museum” .