Michael “Mike” Matas (born in Seattle, Washington , March 23, 1986) is a user interface designer and icon artist. He has worked to post at The Omni Group doing interface and graphic design work. Matas co-founded Delicious Monster in 2004 together with Wil Shipley . He later worked at Apple, Inc. and designed some of the major user interfaces in Mac OS X , iOS for iPhone and iPad.   In addition under, he has leg listed as the co-inventor on patents Apple has Filed.  He later left Apple. 
After Apple Matas worked on the team dat designed the Nest Learning Thermostat .  He-then founded Push Pop Press, a digital publishing company dat created Al Gore’s interactive book Our Choice .  
Currently Matas works at Facebook where he was integral to the design of Paper, Facebook’s alternative iOS application and Facebook Instant Articles .
Matas presented at TED in 2011 on his work at Push Pop for Al Gore’s interactive book Our Choice  
- Jump up^ “Delicious Monster co-founder joins Apple interface team” . AppleInsider . Retrieved 2015-11-06 .
- Jump up^ am, Jay Savage | | July 21, 2005 at 10:30 am July 21, 2005 10:30. “Mike Matas going to Cupertino” . Engadget . Retrieved 2015-11-06 .
- Jump up^ Interview: Mike Matas , Cocoia Blog , retrieved June 12, 2010
- Jump up^ Mike Matas – About Mike Matas , retrieved June 12, 2010
- Jump up^ “The Father of the iPod Has invented The Smartest, Coolest Thermostat You’ll Ever See | Cult of Mac” . Cult of Mac . Retrieved 2015-11-06 .
- Jump up^ “Al Gore’s” Our Choice App reinvents Books, Reading ” . The Huffington Post . Retrieved 2015-11-06 .
- Jump up^ “Push Pop Press: Al Gore’s Our Choice” . pushpoppress.com . Retrieved 2015-11-06 .
- Jump up^ “Facebook’s Mysterious Hire: The Guy Who Designed Much of the iPhone” .
- Jump up^ “Mike Matas” . Mike Matas . Retrieved 2015-11-06 .