Maya Beiser is an Israeli-born American classical cellist , performing artist and producer who lives in New York City. She has an international career as a performer and recording artist. Beiser was raised on a Kibbutz in Israel to re French mother and Argentine Father, and graduated from Yale University School of Music. The New Yorker magazine DESCRIBED re as a “cello goddess”  and The San Francisco Chronicle called her “the queen of contemporary cello”.  
Throughout re adventurous and versatile career Beiser has reimagined the concert experience, creating new music for the cello, commissioning and performing many works written for re at today’s leading composers. She has collaborated with composers Louis Andriessen , Steve Reich , David Lang , Tan Dun , Brian Eno , Philip Glass , Osvaldo Golijov , and Michael Gordon , onder many others. A featured performer on the world’s most prestigious courses, Maya Appeared as Soloist at the Sydney Opera House , New York’s Lincoln Center , Carnegie Hall and BAM, London’s Barbican Centre , Royal Albert Hall , and the South Bank Centre , and the World Expo in Nagoya , Japan. In 2011, Maya was Invited to present at the exclusive TED conference . Her TEDTalk performance has bone watched by close to a million people and translated to 33 languages.
Beiser has conceived, Performed and produktie re multimedia concerts, zoals World To Come, welke premiered as part of the inaugural season of Carnegie Hall’s Zankel Hall ; Almost Human, a collaboration with visual artist Shirin Neshat ; and Provenance, welke forms the basis or re best selling album. Top New York critics port consistently Chosen re Carnegie Hall concerts on hun “Best Of The Year” lists. Maya’s latest production, Elsewhere: a CelloOpera, premiered in October 2012 at Performing Arts Followed by a sold-out run at the Brooklyn Academy of Music Next Wave Festival. Elsewhere is an imaginative retelling of the Biblical legend of Lot’s wife, created by Beiser with theater director Robert Woodruff.
Maya Beiser’s recent US tours include performances at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC, UCLA’s Royce Hall , the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, the Mondavi Center , the Ravinia Festival in Chicago, Celebrity Series in Boston and International Festival of Arts and Ideas in New Haven. Other recent performances include major venues and festivals in Barcelona , Paris , Amsterdam , Turin , Tokyo , Taipei , Athens , Mexico City and Bogota . She has Appeared with many of the world’s top orchestras performing new works for the cello waaronder the BBC Concert orchestra, Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra , Montreal Symphony , The Boston Pops , Brooklyn Philharmonic , Sydney Symphony , China Philharmonic , and Shanghai Symphony onder many others.
Her solid discography, released on Sony Classical, Nonesuch, Koch (now E1) Innova and Cantaloupe labels include seven solo albums and many studio recordings and film music Collaborations. Beiser’s 2010 album Provenance . Her 2012 recording, Time Loops, was selected onder NPR’s top 10 recordings of the year. 
Collaborating with Renowned film composer James Newton Howard , Maya is the featured Soloist on verschillende film’s soundtrack waaronder M. Night Shyamalan ‘s The Happening, Denzel Washington ‘s The Great debaters, Edward Zwick ‘s Blood Diamond, Rupert Sanders ‘ Snow White and the Huntsman and M. Night Shyamalan’s After Earth.
Beiser was the founding cellist of the new music ensemble, the Bang on a Can All-Stars.
- All Vows 
- Elsewhere: A CelloOpera 
- Provenance 
- World To Come
- 1994 The Cello Music of Gubaidulina and Ustvolskaya (KOCH International Classics])
- 1999 Oblivion (KOCH International Classics)]
- 2000 Caught in Sky with Wire The Maya Beiser / Steven Schick Project (oodiscs Inc.)
- 2000 Kinship (KOCH International Classics)
- 2003 World to Come (KOCH International Classics) 
- 2007 Almost Human (KOCH International Classics)
- 2010 Provenance (Innova)
- 2012 Time Loops (Cantaloupe Music)
- 2014 Uncovered (Innova)
- 2016 TranceClassical (Innova)
- 2005 You Are (Variations) / Cello Counterpoint (Nonesuch Records) album Steve Reich , as featured cellist
- Featured Soloist on M. Night Shyamalan ‘s The Happening (2008) 
- Featured Soloist on Edward Zwick ‘s Blood Diamond (2006)
- Featured Soloist on Denzel Washington ‘s The Great debaters (2007)
- Featured Soloist on Rupert Sanders Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) Original Soundtrack
- Featured Soloist on M. Night Shyamalan ‘s After Earth (2013); James Newton Howard’s soundtrack
- Jump up^ Tommasini, Anthony (2003-11-01). “New York Times Review” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2008-05-01 .
- Jump up^ “Coca-Cola Artist Residencies” . Retrieved 2008-05-01 .
- Jump up^ Hurwitt, Robert; Kosman, Joshua (2003-11-30). “San Francisco Reviews” . The San Francisco Chronicle . Retrieved 2008-05-01 .
- Jump up^ Huizenga, Tom (2012-12-13). “Top 10 Classical Albums Of 2012: Best Music Of 2012” . NPR . Retrieved 2014-08-19 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedNovember 18, 2013, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Elsewhere” . BAM . Retrieved 2014-08-19 .
- Jump up^ “Provenance” . Maya Beiser . Retrieved 2014-08-19 .
- Jump up^ “Maya Beiser – Free listening, videos, concerts, stats and pictures at” . Last.fm . Retrieved 2014-08-19 .
- Jump up^ Dan Goldwasser (2008-03-15). “James Newton Howard scores * M. Night Shyamalan’s The Happening ” . ScoringSessions.com . Retrieved 2008-03-15 .