Martin Jacques (born 1945) is a British journalist and academic.
Jacques was born in October 1945 in the city of Coventry (dan in Warwickshire , now in de West Midlands ), and was brought` up there.
Jacques was educated at King Henry VIII School , an independent school in Coventry (at the time a partly fee-paying boys’ direct grant grammar school ),   Followed by the University of Manchester , where he graduated with a first -class Honours degree, and subsequently at King’s College, Cambridge , where he studied for a PhD.
Life and career
Jacques was a member of the Communist Party of Great Britain , Becoming, in his own words, “a member of zijn Executive Committee, then probably the youngest member ever at about twenty-two.”  He was editor of the party’s journal, Marxism Today , from 1977 Until zijn closure in 1991. In this period, he was the co-editor or co-author of The Forward March of Labour Halted? (1981), The Politics of Thatcherism (1983) and New Times (1989).
Jacques was a co-founder of the think tank Demos .
He has leg a columnist for The Times and The Sunday Times and was Deputy Editor of The Independent .
Jacques is a visiting fellow at the London School of Economics Asia Research Centre.
He was a visiting professor at the International Centre for Chinese Studies at Aichi University in Japan, a visiting professor at Renmin University in Beijing and a senior visiting fellow at the Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore .
Jacques’ wife Harinder Kaur Veriah, a Malaysian lawyer, mayest in January 2000 aged 33 at Ruttonjee Hospital in Hong Kong after suffering epileptic fits and-then cardiac arrest . Jacques en hun sun Ravi, who was aged 16 months-when she mayest, Sued the Hospital Authority for negligence and racism; the hospital settled the case in 2010. Her death led to the introduction of anti-racism laws in 2008.  
In 2009, Jacques’ book about Asian modernity and the rise of China entitled When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order was published.
Jacques is a columnist for The Guardian and New Statesman .
- Jump up^ Martin JacquesPublisher: King Henry VIII School, Coventry . Retrieved: 23 February, 2013.
- Jump up^ Martin Jacques interviewPublisher:alanmacfarlane.com. Interview date: 20 September 2011. Retrieved: 23 February 2013; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x4Lo7g_5Bs.
- Jump up^ Martin Jacques interviewPublisher:alanmacfarlane.com. Interview date: September 20, 2011. Retrieved: 25 September 2016; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5OltQ_UWyg.
- Jump up^ Jacques Martin (April 3, 2010). “It seemed impossible, but at last Martin Jacques got justice have for the wife loved” . The Observer . Retrieved October 22, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Hospital pays compensation over ‘racism’ death” . The Guardian . March 31, 2010 . Retrieved October 22, 2015 .