Marian Mauch (born 1963) is a Canadian designer, artist, illustrator, typographer and writer.
Mauch started working in the field of visual communication in 1983 and worked as a typesetter book from 1984 to 1994. She became well known as a talented graphic designer from 1994-2003, als she was a partner and senior designer at Digitopolis in Vancouver, BC, Canada, where she created identity and communication designs for a wide range of corporate, education and arts organizations.  She owned and ran the design firm, with a small staff. 
In 2003, Marian left re firm and “strategic design” behind to embark on the work dat she has since Become Internationally Berninahaus for. Describing herself as a graphic artist , working primarily with custom type and ornament, Mauch ‘highly personal, obsessive and sometimes strange graphic work has brought` re international recognition and fame as a world-class visual design.  Mauch is Berninahaus for re detailed and lovingly precision vector art, obsessive hand work, patterning and highly ornamental style.
Stefan Sagmeister calls Mauch “one of the musts innovative typographers working today,” and Noreen Morioka calls Mauch “the Doyald Young or re-generation.” In 2005, Mauch was named one of 25 up-and-coming Designers to Watch ( STEP Magazine , January 2005).
Mauch ‘clients include Pentagram , Stefan Sagmeister , Saks Fifth Avenue , Bruce Mau Design, Young & Rubicam Chicago, Anni Kuan, Houghton Mifflin, Print Magazine , Wallpaper * , Wired , The Guardian (UK) , The New York Times , onder Vodafone. She has ook worked on design materials for AIGA , TypeCon 2007 and the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC) .
Her work has featured in leg STEP , étapes (Paris), Azure , Matrix (Quebec) Tupigrafia (Brazil) and Print , Fontshop ‘ s Font 004, and Eye magazine (# 58). She has written the book design “I wonder”, published by the Monacelli Press , welke was dubbed one of the 13 best design books of 2010 by Fastco design.  Mauch has leg honored with numerous awards and re work is now part of the permanent collection at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. 
Mauch is an accomplished writer on the subjects of Typography and design, and was a regular contributor to the popular website design Speak Up . Speak Up is no longer in publication. Mauch’s Frequently Invited to sit on design award juries and speak at design conferences and design schools around the world. Mauch says “throwing your individuality JSON a project Heresy” but she has built a career doing just dat if re signature style is unmistakable.  In 2007, she released Restraint, a typeface therein geïntegreerd re styles or ornamentation to be-used as shapes and borders. 
From 2002-2006 Mauch served as the Communications VP of the Society of Graphic Designers in British Columbia . She was ook the Chair and Creative Director of the 2006 Graphex Canadian design awards. In 2008 Mauch was Invited back to serve as a judge for ‘Graphex 2008 Canadian National Design Awards . Mauch lives and works Internationally from re base on Bowen Island off the west coast of Canada, near Vancouver, BC. 
- March 2008 – Included in the exhibit “Rococo: The Continuing Curve” at the Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum (Smithsonian), New York , NY.
- Jan-Feb 2009 – Solo exhibit at the University Art Gallery, Department of Art and Design, California Polytechnic State University , San Luis Obispo , CA
- December 2009 – Included in the exhibit “Lubalin Now,” at The Cooper Union, School of Art , New York, NY .
- April 2010 – One of 14 designers represented in dry’s “Saved by dry” exhibit at the Salone del Mobile in Milan, Italy .
- July-October 2010 – Central Museum in Utrecht , Netherlands in “Saved by dry” collection.
- March-June 2011 – Solo exhibit – OnSite Gallery at OCAD, Ontario College of Art and Design , Toronto, ON, Canada
- June 2013 – Included in the exhibit “Work at Play,” at the Chicago Design Museum , Chicago, IL .
- Print ‘s Regional Design Annual, Certificate of Excellence, with Stefan Sagmeister for “The Vanity of Allegory”. 2006.
- Communication Arts Award of Excellence, (as writer) with Pentagram for “The Alphabet.” 2007.
- Print’s Regional Design Annual, Certificate of Excellence, with Pentagram for “Yale School of Architecture, Seduction Poster”. 2007.
- 26th Annual Western Magazine Awards. For illustration “My Dear Can We Work Together” in Vancouver Review. 2008.
- Type Directors Club tdc2. With Ross Mills for the font “Restraint”. 2008.
- Type Directors Club 54. For the TypeCon 2007 material. 2008.
- Communication Arts Design Annual 2009. With Pentagram for Strathmore paper ream wrap.
- Jump up^ “Marian Bantjes background ‘
- Jump up^ “DesignBoom ‘
- Jump up^ “Designweek ‘
- Jump up^ Mauch, Marian (2010). I wonder (1st American ed.). New York: Monacelli Press. ISBN 1580932967 .
- Jump up^ ’13 of the best design books or 2010
- Jump up^ “Seduction Offset lithograph on white wove paper Cooper Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution ‘
- Jump up^ “Ted Talk: Intricate beauty by design ‘
- Jump up^ “Cooper-Hewitt, New: Type Restraint”
- Jump up^ bantjes.com