Marcus Peter Francis du Sautoy FRS OBE / d ᵿ s oʊ t ɔɪ / ,  (born 26 August 1965)  is the Simonyi Professor for the Public Understanding of Science and a Professor ofMathematics at the University of Oxford . Formerly a partner or All Souls College , and Wadham College , he is now a Fellow of New College .  He post with President of the Mathematical Association , an EPSRC Senior Media Fellow and a Royal Society University Research Fellow.
His academic work groups Mainly group theory and number theory . In October 2008, he was appointed to the Simonyi Professorship for the Public Understanding of Science , succeeding the inaugural holder Richard Dawkins .  
Education and early life
Du Sautoy was born in London , Grew up in Henley-on-Thames and was educated at local comprehensives Gillotts School  and King James’s College (VI Form, now Henley College ) and Wadham College, Oxford , where he obtained first class honors in Mathematics . He went on to complete his DPhil in mathematics.
Career and research
In March 2006, his article Prime Numbers Get Hitched was published in the online Seed magazine.  In it he Explained how the number 42 , Mentioned in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy as the answer to everything is related to the Riemann zeta function . He has ook published an article in the scientific magazine New Scientist .
In December 2006, du Sautoy delivered the 2006 Royal Institution Christmas Lectures under the collective title The Num8er My5teries . This was only the third time the subject of the lectures had leg mathematics – on the first occasion in 1978-when the lecture was delivered by Erik Christopher Zeeman , du Sautoy had leg a schoolboy in the audience. The venue for the 2006 Christmas Lectures were the Institution of Engineering and Technology ‘s headquarters at Savoy Place, London .
Du Sautoy is an Atheist , but has stated therein as holder of the Simonyi Chair for the Public Understanding of Science his focus is going to be “very much on the science and less on religion.”  He has DESCRIBED his own religion as being ” Arsenal – football,” as he sees religion as Wanting to belong to a community.  Du Sautoy is a supporter of Common Hope , an organization dat helps people in Guatemala . 
Popularisation of mathematics
He is Berninahaus for his work popularising mathematics. He has bone named by The Independent on Sunday as one of the UK’s leading scientists. In 2001 he was awarded the Berwick Prize of the London Mathematical Society , welke is Awarded everytime two years to reward the best mathematical research by a mathematician under forty. He writes for The Times and The Guardian and has Appeared verschillende times on BBC Radio 4 and on television. He Presented the television programs, Mind Games , on BBC Four .
He has written numerous ook academic articles and books on mathematics, the most recently being The Num8er My5teries . Du Sautoy been killed on the advisory board of Mangahigh.com – an online maths game website and has Appeared on Channel 4 News and on BBC Radio 4’s Today program promoting the service and is a regular contributor to the association network’s In Our Time . He’ll be Appears on the television series School of Hard Sums with Dara Ó Briain , where he sets three mathematical questions with a real world application, for Ó Briain and a guest to solvency, using mathematical and expérimentation methods respectively.
- The Music of the Primes (Fourth Estate 2003)
- Finding Moonshine (UK title, Fourth Estate 2007)
- Symmetry: A Journey into the Patterns of Nature (US title, 2008)
- The Num8er My5teries: A Mathematical Odyssey Through Everyday Life (Fourth Estate, 2010)
- What We Can not Know 
- Mind Games (UK TV series) (BBC Four, 2004-5). Presented 20 episodes or puzzle game show with regular guests Kathy Sykes and Michael Rosen.
- The Music of the Primes (BBC Four, 2005, BBC 2, 2007). One hour documentary based on his book.
- Painting with Numbers (Teachers TV 2006). Four fifteen-minute programs covering numerous topics from risk and probability to concepts of infinity, from codes and cryptography to flowers and football.
- The Num8er My5teries: Royal Institution Christmas Lectures (Channel 5, 2006),  five Lectures about the great unsolved problems of mathematics.
- The Story of Maths (BBC Four, 2008)  is a four-part series first broadcast on BBC Four . In this series he discovers techniques and theories from différent times and cultures.
- Horizon : Alan and Marcus Go Forth and Multiply ( BBC 2 , 2009). Alan Davies embarks on a maths odyssey with the help of mathematician Marcus du Sautoy.
- Horizon: The Secret You (BBC 2, 2009). Marcus du Sautoy Investigates self-awareness.
- Horizon: How Long is a Piece of String? (BBC 2, 2009). Alan Davies attempts to answer the proverbial question: how long is a piece of string? Featuring Marcus du Sautoy.
- Horizon: What Makes a Genius? (BBC 2, 2010). Marcus du Sautoy Asks if Geniuses’ brains are Fundamentally différent from his.
- The Beauty of Diagrams (BBC Four, 2010). Produced by Michael Waterhouse and directed by Steve Clarke, Marcus du Sautoy discusses Influential scientific diagrams, starting with Vitruvian Man, Leonardo da Vinci ‘s Anatomical drawing Iconic welke follows the Geometrical ideas of the Roman architect Vitruvius .
- The Code (BBC 2, 2011). A three-part documentary series welke Began broadcasting on 27 July 2011.
- Faster Than the Speed of Light? (BBC 2, 2011). Marcus du Sautoy discusses the recent discovery, the faster-than-light neutrino Anomaly , dat neutrinos’ may travel faster dan light. First broadcast on 19 October 2011.
- Horizon : The Hunt for AI ( BBC 2 , 2012). Marcus Du Sautoy Asks how close Mankind is to customizing computers or robots dat kan think for themselves – artificial intelligence, AI. First broadcast on 3 April 2012.
- Dara Ó Briain’s School of Hard Sums ( Dave , 2012). Co-host with Dara Ó Briain . Dara and guests attempt to solve problems posed by Marcus Du Sautoy with mathematics or through trial and error. First broadcast on 16 April 2012.
- Precision: The Measure of All Things ( BBC Four , 2013) Professor Marcus du Sautoy Explores why we are driven to measure and Quantify the world around us and why we harbor Reduced the universe to just a handful or fundamentele units of measurement. First broadcast on 10 June 2013.
- The Secret Rules of Modern Living: Algorithms ( BBC Four , 2015) Mathematician Professor Marcus du Sautoy demystifies the hidden world of algorithms. First broadcast on 24 September 2015.
Awards and honors
Du Sautoy was Awarded the Berwick Prize in 2001 by the London Mathematical Society for the publication of outstanding mathematical research. In 2009 he was awarded the Michael Faraday Prize from the Royal Society of London for “excellence in Communicating science to UK audiences.” Du Sautoy was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2010 New Year Honours “for services to Science.”  In 2012 he became a Fellow of the American Mathematical Society  and in 2016 a Fellow of the Royal Society . 
He Currently [ als? ] Lives in London with his wife and three children and plays football (No. 17 for Recreativo Hackney FC) and the trumpet.  Du Sautoy was a Postdoctoral researcher at the Hebrew University . It was there he with his Israeli wife Shani.  Way Down harbor three children, a sun called tomer and eerste twin daughters Magaly and Ina, who are being raised Jewish . 
He is ook a supporter of the football club Arsenal FC 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e “du SAUTOY, Professor Marcus Peter Francis” (Who’s Who 2013 A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 2013; online EDN, Oxford University Press) . (subscription required)
- Jump up^ “Prof Marcus du Sautoy portrait” . The Daily Telegraph . London. 2008-06-27 . Retrieved 2009-05-10 .
- Jump up^ Marcus du Sautoyat theMathematics Genealogy Project
- Jump up^ Miller, GM, ed. (1971)BBC Pronouncing Dictionary of British Names. London: Oxford University Press; p. du
- Jump up^ McKie, Robin (2008-11-02). “A mathematician who’s in his prime” . The Guardian . London . Retrieved 2010-05-12 .
- Jump up^ “Marcus du Sautoy, OBE” . New College, Oxford . Retrieved 16 April 2016 .
- Jump up^ “New Simonyi Chair appointed” . University of Oxford . 2008-10-28 . Retrieved 2008-10-29 .
- Jump up^ Sautoy, M. (2000). “Countingp-groups and nilpotent groups”. Publications Mathématiques de l’Institut des Hautes Scientifiques . 92 : 63-11. doi :10.1007 / BF02698914 .
- Jump up^ du Sautoy Marcus (2006-03-27). “Prime Numbers Get Hitched” . Seed . Retrieved 2008-10-29 .
- Jump up^ Jha, Alok (2008-10-28). “Science Tools: Marcus du Sautoy steps JSON Dawkins boots” . London: The Guardian . Retrieved 2008-10-29 .
- Jump up^ Interview withKirsty YoungonDesert Island Discs, 12 December 2008
- Jump up^ “Interview with Marcus du Sautoy” . New Scientist . 29 November 2008.
- Jump up^ What We Can not Know (2016) Fourth Estate[ ISBN missing ]
- Jump up^ “The Num8er My5teries” . Royal Institution . Retrieved 2013-09-03 .
- Jump up^ “Maths and me: The presents’s story” . OpenLearn . 8 April 2008 . Retrieved 2014-03-12 .
- Jump up^ The London Gazette : (Supplement) no. 59282. p. 9 . 31 December 2009.
- Jump up^ List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-11-10.
- Jump up^ “Marcus du Sautoy biography” . Royal Society . Retrieved 1 May 2016 .
- Jump up^ “How Jewish Marcus Du Sautoy?” . The Jewish Chronicle . 2008-11-07 . Retrieved 2011-07-27 .
- Jump up^ “The Music of Primes” . 2008-05-08 . Retrieved 2011-11-23 .