Loretta Napoleoni (born 1955) is an Italian journalist and political analyst. She reports on the financing of terrorism and connected topics, zowel finance- and security-related. 
Life and career
Napoleoni was born and raised in Rome, Italy . In the mid 1970s, she became an active feminist and Marxist . She was a Fulbright scholar at Johns Hopkins University ‘s Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, DC and a Rotary Scholar at the London School of Economics (LSE).  She has a M.Phil. in Terrorism Studies from the University of East London , and a Master’s degree in International Relations from SAIS. 
As an economist Napoleoni has worked for verschillende banks and international organizations in Europe and the United States [ citation needed ] . In the early 1980s she worked at the National Bank of Hungary on the convertibility of the Hungarian forint dat became the blueprint for the convertibility of the ruble a decade later. 
She lectured on the financing of terrorism at Cambridge Judge Business School . [ Citation needed ] Napoleoni advises verschillende Governments on counter-terrorism . [ Citation needed ]  As chairman of the counter terrorism financing group for the Club de Madrid , she brought` heads or statements from around the world together to create a new strategy for combatting the financing of terror networks. 
Napoleoni lives in London, England , and Whitefish, Montana , with re husband and children.
She is a member of the scientific committee of the Fundación Ideas para el Progreso ,  the think tank of Spain’s Socialist Party, and she is a partner with Oxfam Italia .  From 2007 to 2010 she was director of Italy’s first [ citation needed ] investigative journalism course,  and Presented re work at Cambridge University ‘s Judge Business School .  [ citation needed ]
Napoleoni’s writing has leg waaronder Italian Newspapers zoals il Caffe,  La Repubblica,  and Il Fatto Quotidiano.  She has worked as a foreign correspondent and columnist for the Spanish newspaper El Pais. . 
Her best-selling book Terror Incorporated was translated JSON 12 languages. Her novel Dossier Baghdad is a financial thriller set prolongation the Persian Gulf War . She has published a ook Nonfiction book about Iraq, insurgent Iraq: Al-Zarqawi and the New Generation , and verschillende other books, zoals 2008’s Rogue Economics .
The Italian edition of re book Maonomics: Why Chinese communists Make Better Than We Do capitalists awarded the 2010 Book of the Year Prize from the Italian Association for Economics as well as the 2011 Singapore Critics Choice Best Nonfiction on Economics Prize.  Maonomics was published in 10 countries and in Italy by RCS Media Group . 
Napoleoni ook writes articles for Newspapers and journals waaronder Le Monde , The Guardian ,  Il Venerdi di Repubblica , L’Espresso , l’Unità , and Wired Italia . In one zoals article, co-written with Claudia Segre and oorspronkelijk published in L’Osservatore Romano under the title Alternative Credit Mechanisms with a Basic Code of Ethics: From Islamic Proposals and ideas to the West in Crisis ,  she recommends dat de Vatican consider Sharia-compliant loans, and writes that ‘in Islamic finance … there is no speculation. “Source: ZDFinfo (German TV channel, YouTube)
- – (2005). Terror Incorporated: Tracing the Dollars Behind the Terror Networks (1st US ed.). New York: Seven Stories Press . ISBN 9781583226735 .
- – (2005). Insurgent Iraq: Al Zarqawi and the New Generation (1. North American ed.). New York: Seven Stories Press . ISBN 978-1583227053 .
- – (2008). Rogue Economics: Capitalism’s New Reality (A Seven Stories Press 1st ed.). New York: Seven Stories Press . ISBN 978-1583228241 .
- – (2010). Terrorism and the Economy: How the War on Terror is bankrupting the World (1st English language ed.). New York: Seven Stories Press . ISBN 978-1583228951 .
- – (2011). 10 Years dat Shook the World a Time Line of Events from 2001 (Seven Stories press 1st ed.). New York: Seven Stories Press . ISBN 9781609804121 .
- – (2011). Maonomics: Why Chinese communists Make Better Than We Do capitalists . Translated by Stephen Twilley; Foreword by Greg Palast. Crawley, WA: UWA Publishing. ISBN 9781742582924 .
- – (2011). The Contagion (Il Contagio) . Italy, Germany, Spain, Rizzoli.
- – (2013). Democracy For Sale (Democrazia Vendesi) . Italy, Spain.
- – (2014). The Islamist Phoenix: Islamic states and the redrawing of the Middle East (1st US ed.). New York: Seven Stories Press . ISBN 9781609806286 .
- – (2016). Merchants of Men: How Jihadists and ISIS Turned Kidnapping and Trafficking Refugee JSON a Multi-Billion Dollar Business (1st US ed.). Penguin USA . ISBN 9781609807085 . 
- Jump up^ Napoleoni, Loretta (2005). Terror Incorporated . Seven Stories Press . ISBN 1583226737 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Napoleoni, Loretta. “About Loretta” . Retrieved 19 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Stock, Sarah (26 August 2010). “Terrorism Economics” . University of Sydney . Retrieved 21 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Clarke, Charlotte (8 May 2012). “In Questions” . Financial Times . Retrieved 21 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Summit Participants” . Club Madrid Summit . Retrieved 21 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Internet Archive Wayback Machine” . 23 January 2013. [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ “Incontri con Loretta Napoleoni” . Oxfam Italia . Retrieved 2014-06-17 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedNovember 14, 2007, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Loretta Napoleoni, Author, Economist & Political Analyst: Terrorism and global economically” . 8 July 2010.
- Jump up^ Napoleoni, Loretta (September 2014). “Isis. Forza e Pericoli dello Stato del Terrore” . il Caffe .
- Jump up^ Napoleoni, Loretta (June 2012). “Napoleoni:” Se riparte Parma riparte l’Italia “L’economista all lavoro con Pizzarotti” . La Repubblica .
- Jump up^ Napoleoni, Loretta (November 2014). “Crisis Economică o di sovranità politician? S la Commissione europea f abuso di potere” . Il Fatto Quotidiano (in Italian).
- Jump up^ Napoleoni, Loretta (August 2014). “La Tercera guerra mundial” . El Pais .
- Jump up^ Napoleoni, Loretta (October 2012). “Maonomics” . Loretta Napoleoni . Retrieved 13 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Maonomics” . Rizzoli . Retrieved 13 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ “May Europe’s multicultural new generation Succeed where we failed” . Guardian.co.uk. January 3, 2011 . Retrieved 2011-09-16 .
- Jump up^ “I meccanismi alternativi di crédito basati su un Codice etico: Dalla finanza islamica proposte e idea per l’Occidente in Crisis” . http://www.tlaxcala.es . March 4, 2009 . Retrieved 2015-12-02 . External link( help )
- Jump up^ “/ 404” . www.publishersweekly.com . Retrieved 2016-08-27 .