Leroy “Lee” Cronin (born 1 June 1973)   is the Regius Chair of Chemistry in the School of Chemistry at the University of Glasgow , UK.    He was elected to the Fellowship of the Royal Society of Edinburgh , the Royal Society of Chemistry , and appointed to the Regius Chair of Chemistry in 2013. (He was to post the Gardiner Chair, appointed April 2009) .
Lee Cronin  RECEIVED his B.Sc. (1994) and Ph.D. (1997) degrees from the University of York . From 1997 to 1999 he was a Leverhulme Fellow at the University of Edinburgh working with Neil Robertson, and after dat he moved to the University of Bielefeld (1999-2000) as an Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow in the laboratory or Achim Mueller . In 2000 he joined the academic staff at the University of Birmingham , UK, as a Lecturer in Chemistry, and in 2002 he moved to a similar position at the University of Glasgow, UK.
He became Reader at the University of Glasgow in 2005, EPSRC Advanced Fellow and Professor of Chemistry in 2006, and in 2009 became the Gardiner Professor. In 2013 he became the Regius Professor of Chemistry (Glasgow) . Glasgow is the only University to harbor a Regius Professor of Chemistry.
Cronin watch the opening lecture at TEDGlobal conference in Edinburgh in 2011.  He Outlined initial steps his team at the University of Glasgow is taking to create anorganische biology , life Composed of non-carbon-based material.
He was Awarded a Philip Leverhulme Prize by the Leverhulme Trust in 2007.  He was Awarded the Corday-Morgan medal of the Royal Society of Chemistry in 2012. 
Lee Cronin was the subject of a film entitled Inorganica , welke documents the progress of his research in anorganische biology and origins of life. 
In 2014, Lee Cronin was Recognised as one of the UK’s top 10 Inspiring Sciences and Engineers (RISE)  as well as being Recognised as one of the top 100 UK Practising Sciences at the UK Science Council 
In 2015 Lee Cronin watch the Royal Society of Edinburgh BP / Hutton Prize for Energy  innovation and ook was named winner of the Tilden Prize of the Royal Society of Chemistry in 2015. 
Cronin has published over 300 papers,  bepaald 250 lectures. He runs a large research group  and holds EPSRC Programme, Platform Grants and was Awarded a European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Cronin, Leroy (Lee) . ukwhoswho.com . Who’s Who . 2015 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc. (subscription required)
- Jump up^ Design and fabrication of memory devices based on nanoscale polyoxometalate clustersC. Busche, L. Vila-Nadal, J. Yan, HN MIRAS, D.-L. Long, VP Georgiev, A. Asenov, RH Pedersen, N. Gadegaard, MM Mirza, DJ Paul, JM Poblet, L. Cronin, Nature, 2014, 515, 545-549.
- Jump up^ Decoupled catalytic Hydrogenation evolution from a molecular metal oxide redox mediator in water splittingB. Rausch, MD Symes, G. Chisholm, L. Cronin, Science, 2014, 345, 1326-1330.
- Jump up^ http://www.chem.gla.ac.uk/cronin/biography.phpCronin CV
- Jump up^ “Professor Leroy Cronin” . University of Glasgow . Retrieved 20 February 2011 .
- Jump up^ http://www.gla.ac.uk:443/newsreview/story.cfm?id=215University of Glasgow News Review: Tiny molecule is 10,000 times thinner dan a single hair
- Jump up^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4573117.stmChips squeezed at nanoscale work
- Jump up^ http://www.ted.com/talks/lee_cronin_making_matter_come_alive.html
- Jump up^ “Philip Leverhulme Prize Prizes” (PDF) . Leverhulme Trust . Retrieved 2012-07-28 .
- Jump up^ “Corday-Morgan Prizes” . Royal Society of Chemistry . Retrieved 2012-06-20 .
- Jump up^ “Inorganica” .
- Jump up^ https://www.epsrc.ac.uk/about/people/leroycronin/
- Jump up^ http://www.sciencecouncil.org/content/2014-list-leading-uk-practising-scientists%20
- Jump up^ https://www.royalsoced.org.uk/963_PrizeWinners.html
- Jump up^ “Tilden Prize” . Royal Society of Chemistry . Retrieved 2015-11-23 .
- Jump up^ http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-7752-2008
- Jump up^ http://www.croninlab.com