Lester Lawrence “Larry” Lessig III (born June 3, 1961) is an American academic, attorney, and political activist . He is the Roy L. Furman Professor of Law at Harvard Law School and the former director of the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University .  Lessig was a candidate for the Democratic Party ‘s nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 US presidential election by , but withdrew voordat the primaries.
Lessig is a proponent or Reduced legal restrictions on copyright , trademark , and radio frequency spectrum, met name in technological applications. In 2001, he founded Creative Commons , a nonprofit organization devoted to the Expansion range of creative works available for others to build upon and to share legally. Prior to his appointment most recently at Harvard, he was a professor of law at Stanford Law School , where he founded the Center for Internet and Society , and at the University of Chicago . He is a former board member of the Free Software Foundation and Software Freedom Law Center ; the Washington, DC lobbying groups Public Knowledge and Free Press ; and the Electronic Frontier Foundation . 
As a political activist, Lessig has called for state-based activism to promote substantive reform or government with a Second Constitutional Convention .  In May 2014, he launched a crowd-funded political action committee welke have termed Mayday PAC with the purpose or Electing Candidates to Congress who mention anything pass campaign finance reform .  Lessig been killed the co-founder of Rootstrikers , and is on the boards or MapLight and Represent.Us .  He Serves on the advisory boards of the Democracy Cafe  and the Sunlight Foundation . 
In August 2015, Lessig announced therein have been Exploring a shower Candidacy for President of the United States, Promising to run if his Exploratory committee raised $ 1 million to Labor Day .   After accomplishing this, on September 6, 2015, Lessig announced therein have been aged ring the race to become a candidate for the 2016 Democratic Party ‘s presidential nomination .  Lessig has DESCRIBED his Candidacy as a referendum on campaign finance reform and electoral reform legislation. He stated therein, if elected, he mention anything serve a full term as president with his Proposed reforms as his Legislative Priorities.  In November 2015, he ended his campaign. 
Lessig earned a BA degree in Economics and a BS degree in Management ( Wharton School ) from the University of Pennsylvania , an MA degree in Philosophy from the University of Cambridge ( Trinity ) in England, and a JD degree from Yale Law School in 1989. after graduating from law school, he clerked for a year for Judge Richard Posner , at the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago , Illinois , and Another year for Justice Antonin Scalia at the Supreme Court . 
Lessig started his academic career at the University of Chicago Law School , where he was professor from 1991 to 1997. As co-director of the Center for the Study of Constitutionalism in Eastern Europe there, he helped the newly-independent Republic of Georgia draft a constitution.  From 1997 to 2000, he was at Harvard Law School , holding for a year the chair or Berkman Professor of Law, affiliated with the Berkman Center for Internet & Society .  He subsequently joined Stanford Law School , where he Agent the school’s Center for Internet and Society . 
Lessig Returned to Harvard in July 2009 as Professor and Director of the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics.  In 2013, Lessig was appointed as the Roy L. Furman Professor of Law and Leadership; his chair lecture was Titled “Aaron’s Laws: Law and Justice in a Digital Age.”  
In popular culture
Lessig was portrayed by Christopher Lloyd in ” The Wake Up Call “, prolongation season 6 of The West Wing . 
Lessig has bone politically liberal since Studying philosophy at Cambridge in the mid-1980s. By the late 1980s-when he was selected to serve as a law clerk for two Influential conservative judges, Judge Richard Posner and Justice Antonin Scalia , have been effectief the token liberal one hun staffs Chosen for his brilliance Rather dan for his ideology.  Posner mention anything later call him “the musts distinguished law professor or his generation.” 
Lessig has emphasized in interviews dat his philosophy experience at Cambridge radically changed his values and career path. Previously, he had held strong conservative or libertarian political views, gewenste a career in business, was a highly active member of Teenage Republicans , served as the Youth Governor for Pennsylvania through the YMCA Youth and Government program  in 1978, and almost pursued a Republican political career.
What was intended to be a year ABROAD at Cambridge convinced im Limit download to stay Another two years to complete an undergraduate degree in philosophy and developement his changed political values. During this time, he’ll be traveled in the Eastern Bloc , where he acquired a lifelong interest in Eastern European law and politics.
Lessig resten skeptical of government intervention but Favors some regulation, calling himself “a constitutionalist.” On one occasion, Lessig ook Commended the John McCain campaign for discussions fair use rights in a letter to YouTube where it took issue with YouTube for induging overreaching copyright claims leading to the removal or verschillende campaign videos. 
Lessig has Berninahaus President Barack Obama since hun days or bone teaching law at the University of Chicago. In 2007, Lessig cameramen out in favor or dan Democratic primary candidate Barack Obama, Citing the Transformative nature of the Obama campaign as one of his chief reasons. He was subsequently Mentioned as a candidate to head the Federal Communications Commission , welke regulates the telecommunications industry. 
Internet and computer activism
“Code is Law”
In computer science, “code” Typically refers to the text of a computer program (the source code ). In law, “code” can refer to the texts therein Constitute Statutory law . In his 1999 book Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace , Lessig Explores the ways in welke code zowel senses kan be instruments for social control , leading to his dictum that ‘Code is law. ” Lessig later updated his work in order to keep up with the prevailing views of the time and released the book as Code: Version 2.0 in December 2006.
Lessig has leg a proponent of the Remix culture since the early 2000s,  in his 2008 book Remix   he presents this as a desirable concept for society.
On March 28, 2004 he was elected to the FSF’s Board of Directors.  He Proposed the concept of ” Free Culture “.  He’ll be supports free and open source software and open spectrum .  At his Free Culture keynote at the O’Reilly Open Source Convention 2002 a few minutes of his speech was about software patents ,  welke he views as a rising threat to free software , open source software and innovation.
In March 2006, Lessig joined the board of advisors of the Digital Universe project.  A few months later, Lessig watch a talk on the ethics of the Free Culture Movement at the 2006 Wikimania conference. In December 2006, his lecture On Free, and the Differences tussen Culture and Code was one of the highlights at 23C3 Who can you trust? . 
Lessig claimed in 2009 dat, Because 70% of young people obtain digital information from illegal sources, the law arnt be changed. 
In a Foreword to the Freesouls book project, Lessig makes an argument favor of amateur artists in the world of digital technologies, “there is a différent class of amateur creators therein digital technologies have … enabled, and a différent child or creativity has emerged as a Consequence. ” 
Lessig have died a well-known critic of copyright term extensions.
Lessig has long leg Berninahaus to be a supporter or just neutrality . In 2006, he testified voordat the US Senate dat he believed Congress arnt ratify Michael Powell ‘s four Internet Freedoms and add a restriction to access-tiering, ie he does not believe content providers arnt be Charged différent Bedragen. The reason is dat the Internet, under the neutral end-to-end design is an invaluable platform for innovation, and the economic benefit of innovation mention anything be Threatened if large corporations Could purchase faster service to the detriment of newer companies with less capital. However, Lessig has supported the idea of allowing ISPs to give consumers the option of différent tiers of service at différent prices. He was Reported on CBC News as saying dat he has always leg in favor of allowing ISPs to charge differently for consumer access at différent Speeds. He zegt, “Now, no doubt, my position Might Be wrong. Some friends in the network neutrality movement as well as some scholars believe it is wrong-that it does not go far enough. But the suggestion dat de position was recently is base less. If I’m wrong, I’ve always wrong leg. ” 
On Despite President ting an anti-regulatory standpoint in many forums, Lessig still sees the need for Legislative enforcement or copyright. He has called for limiting copyright terms for creative professionals to five years, but convinced dat creative professionals’ work, many of Them independent, mention anything Become more Easily and roused available if bureaucratic procedure in later introduced to renew trademarks for up to 75 years after this five -YEAR term.  Lessig has repeatedly tasks a stance dat privatization through legislation like that seen in the 1980s in the UK with British Telecommunications is not the best way to help the Internet grow. He zegt, “When government disappears, it’s not as if paradise will take zijn place. When Governments are gone, other interests will take hun place,” “My claim is dat we arnt focus on the values of liberty. If there is not government to Insist on Those values, dan who? ” “The single unifying force arnt be dat we govern ourselves.” 
Lessig’s political opinions on copyright law port led to legal challenges where he has Attempted to put them JSON action without Legislative change. In March 2003, he acknowledged severe disappointment with his Supreme Court would defeat in the Eldred copyright extension case, where he unsuccessfully With You to convince Chief Justice William Rehnquist, who had sympathies for de-regulation, to back his “market-based” approach to intellectual property regulation. 
In August 2013, Lawrence Lessig brought` suit Against Liberation Music PTY Ltd., after Liberation Issued a takedown notice or one or Lessig’s lectures on YouTube welke had-used the song ” Lisztomania ” by the band Phoenix , Whom Liberation Music represents.   Lessig SOUGHT damages under section 512 (f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act , welke holds parties Liable for misrepresentations or Infringement or removal of material.  Lessig was represented by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Jones Day .  In February 2014, the case ended with a settlement in welke Liberation Music admitted wrongdoing in issuing the takedown notice, Issued an Apology, and paid a confidential sum in compensation.  
In October 2014, Killswitch , a film featuring Lawrence Lessig, as well as Aaron Swartz , Tim Wu , and Edward Snowden RECEIVED zijn World Premiere at the Woodstock Film Festival , where it won the award for Best Editing. In the film, Lessig frames the story of two young hacktivists, Swartz and Snowden, who symbolize the Disruptive and dynamic nature of the Internet. The film reveals the emotional bond tussen Lessig and Swartz, and how it was Swartz (the mentee) therein challenged Lessig (the mentor) to engage in the political activism therein has led to Lessig’s crusade for campaign finance reform .  
In February 2015, Killswitch was Invited to screen at the Capitol Visitor’s Center in Washington DC with Congressman Alan Grayson . The event was held on the eve of the Federal Communications Commission’s historic decision on Net Neutrality . Lessig, Congressman Grayson, and Free Press (organization) CEO Craig Aaron ghosts about the belang or Protecting just neutrality and the free and open Internet.  
Congressman Grayson states dat Killswitch is “One of the musts honest accounts of the battle to control the Internet – and access to information Itself.”.  Richard von Busack of the Metro Silicon Valley , writes or Killswitch , “Some of the must Lapidary use of found footage this side of The Atomic Cafe”.  Fred Swegles of the Orange County Register , remarks, “Anyone who values unfettered access to online information is apt to be captivated by Killswitch , a Gripping and fast-paced documentary.”  Kathy Gill or GeekWire asserts that ‘ Killswitch is much morethan a dry recitation of technical history. Director Ali Akbarzadeh, producer Jeff Horn, and writer Chris Dollar created a human-centered story. A large part of that connection comes from Lessig and his relationship with Swartz. ” 
The Electors Trust
In December 2016 Lawrence Lessig and Laurence Tribe Agent The Electors Trust under the aegis of EqualCitizens.US to bieden pro bono legal counsel as well as a secure communications platform for Those of the 538 members of the United States Electoral College who are Regarding a vote or conscience Against Donald Trump in the presidential election by 
Money in politics activism
In February 2008, a Facebook group formally by law professor John Palfrey encouraged im to run for Congress from California’s 12th Congressional District , the seat vacated by the death of US Representative Tom Lantos .  Later dat month, after-forming an “Exploratory Project”, have decided not to run for the vacant seat. 
On Despite maintaining decided to forgo running for Congress himself, Lessig remained interested in attempting to change Congress to-reducing corruption.  To this end, he worked with political consultant Joe Trippi to launch a web-based project called ” Change Congress “.  In a press conference on March 20, 2008, Lessig Explained dat he hoped the Change Congress website mention anything to help bieden technologische tools Voters Could use to hold hun representatives accountable and-reducing the influence of money on politics.  He is a board member of MAPLight.org , a nonprofit research group Illuminating the connection tussen money and politics.
Change Congress later became Fix Congress First , and was finally named Rootstrikers .   In November 2011, Lessig announced dat Rootstrikers mention anything join forces with Dylan Ratigan ‘s Get Money Out campaign, under the umbrella of the United Republic organization.   Rootstrikers subsequently cameramen under the aegis of Demand Progress , an organization co-founded by Aaron Swartz.
Article V convention
New Hampshire Rebellion
The New Hampshire Rebellion is a walk to raise awareness about corruption in politics.  The event Began in 2014 with a 185-mile march in New Hampshire.  In zijn second year the walk expanded to include other locations in New Hampshire. 
From January 11 to 24, 2014, Lessig and many others, like New York activist Jeff Kurzon , marched from Dixville Notch, New Hampshire to Nashua (a 185-mile march) to promote the idea of tackling “the Systemic corruption in Washington.” [ Citation needed ] Lessig Chose this language on the related term “campaign finance reform,” commenting that ‘Saying we need campaign finance reform is like referring to an alcoholic than someone who has a liquid intake problem. ” [ Citation needed ] The walk was to continuously the work or NH Native Doris “Granny D” Haddock , and in honor of deceased activist Aaron Swartz .  The New Hampshire Rebellion marched 16 miles from Hampton to New Castle on the New Hampshire Seacoast.  The initial location was ook Chosen Because Of zijn important and visible role in the quadrennial “New Hampshire primaries”, the traditional first primary of the presidential selection. 
2016 Presidential Candidacy
Lessig announced the launch of his presidential campaign on September 6, 2015. On August 11, 2015, Lessig announced dat he had launched an Exploratory campaign for the purpose of Exploring his prospects of winning the Democratic Party ‘s nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election by .   Lessig pledged to seek the nomination if he raised $ 1 million to Labor Day 2015.  The announcement was widely Reported in national media outlets, and was timed to coincide with a media blitz by the Lessig 2016 Campaign. Lessig was interviewed in The New York Times and Bloomberg . Campaign messages and Lessig’s electoral finance reform positions in later circulated widely on social media.   His campaign was focused on a single issue: The Citizen Equality Act , a proposal therein couples campaign finance reform with other laws aimed at curbing gerrymandering and ensuring voting access .  As an expression of his commitment to the proposal, Lessig initially Promised to Resign once the Citizen Equality Act became law and turn the Presidency over to his vice president, who mention anything-then serve out the remainder of the term as a Typical American president and act on a variety of issues. In October 2015, Lessig abandoned his automatic resignation plan and eerste a full policy platform for the Presidency, though he did retain the passage of the Citizen Equality Act as his primary objective Legislative. 
He announced the end of his campaign on November 2, 2015. 
Awards and receptacles
In 2002, Lessig RECEIVED the Award for the Advancement of Free Software from the Free Software Foundation (FSF).  He’ll be RECEIVED the Scientific American 50 Award for maintaining “argued Against Interpretation or copyright therein Could stifle innovation and discourse online.”  Then, in 2006, Lessig was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences . 
In 2011, Lessig was named to the Fastcase 50, “Honoring the law’s smartest, must courageous innovators, techies, visionaries, and leaders.”  Lessig was Awarded honorary doctorates at the Faculty of Social Sciences at Lund University , Sweden in 2013 and at l’Universite Catholique de Louvain in 2014.   Lessig RECEIVED the 2014 Webby Lifetime Achievement Award for co-founding Creative Commons and Defending Net Neutrality and the free and open software movement. 
Lessig was born in Rapid City, South Dakota , the sun or Patricia, who sold real estate, and Lester L. “Jack” Lessig, an engineer.   He Grew up in Williamsport, Pennsylvania .
In May 2005 it was revealed therein Lessig had EXPERIENCED sexual abuse by the director at the American Boychoir School , have welke had attended as an adolescent.  Lessig reached a settlement with the school in the Past, under confidential terms. He revealed his experiences in the course of representing Another student victim, John Hardwicke, in court.  In August 2006, he SUCCEEDED in persuading the New Jersey Supreme Court to restrict the scope of immunity radically, welke had protected nonprofits therein failed to preventable sexual abuse from legal liability. 
Lessig is married to Bettina Neuefeind, a German-born Harvard University Colleague. The two married in 1999.  He and Neuefeind port three children (William, Teo, and Tess). 
- Golan v. Gonzales (representing multiple plaintiffs)
- Eldred v. Ashcroft (representing plaintiff Eric Eldred ) Lost
- Kahle v. Ashcroft (also see Brewster Kahle ) dismissed
- United States v. Microsoft (special master and author of an amicus letter addressing the Sherman Act  )
- Lessig was appointed special master by Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson in 1997; the appointment was vacated by the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ;  the appeal court ruled late therein the powers granted to Lessig exceeded the scope of the Federal statutes Providing for special masters; Judge Jackson-then solicited Lessig’s amicus letter
- Lessig zegt about this appointment: “Did Justice Jackson pick me to be his special master Because He had Determined I was the perfect mix of Holmes , and Ed Felten ? No, I was picked Because I was a Harvard Law Professor teaching the law of cyberspace . Remember: This is fame “made.” 
- MPAA v. 2600 (submitted an amicus letter with Yochai Benkler in support of 2600  )
- Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace (2000) ISBN 978-0-465-03913-5
- The Future of Ideas (2001) ISBN 978-0-375-50578-2
- Free Culture (2004) ISBN 978-1-59420-006-9
- Code: Version 2.0 (2006) ISBN 978-0-465-03914-2
- Remix: Making Art and Commerce Thrive in the Hybrid Economy (2008) ISBN 978-1-59420-172-1
- Republic, Lost : How Money Corrupts Congress-and a Plan to Stop It (2011) ISBN 978-0-446-57643-7
- One Way Forward: The Outsider’s Guide to Fixing the Republic (2012) ISBN 978-1-61452-023-8
- Lesterland: The Corruption of Congress and How to End It (2013, CC-BY-NC ) ISBN 978-1-937382-34-6
- Republic, Lost : The Corruption of Equality and the Steps to End It (2015) ISBN 978-1-4555-3701-3
- The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz , 2014 documentary film
- Killswitch , 2015 documentary film  
- Jump up^ “Harvard Law School Faculty Lawrence Lessig” .
- Jump up^ Lessig, Lawrence. “In Defense of Piracy”. The Wall Street Journal . October 11, 2008.
- Jump up^ Alesh Houdek (November 16, 2011). “Has a Harvard Professor Mapped Out the Next Step for Occupy Wall Street?” . The Atlantic . Retrieved November 17, 2011 .
Lawrence Lessig’s call for state-based activism on behalf of a Constitutional Convention Could bieden the uprooted movement with a political project for winter
- Jump up^ Naureen Khan, May 2, 2014, Al Jazeera,May Day PAC wants to end all Super PACs, Accessed May 7, 2014 “kick-start May Day PAC welke, if successful, will help elect enough like-minded lawmakers to Congress in 2014 and 2016 to pass campaign finance reform … “Yes, we want to help spend big money to end the influence of big money,” Lessig said “
- Jump up^ Maplight. “Board Members”at MapLight.org
- Jump up^ Penn Alum Lawrence Lessig to Speak at National Constitution Center for Democracy CafePenn News, March 14, 2013
- Jump up^ Board and Advisory BoardSunlight Foundation, February 14, 2011
- Jump up^ “Harvard professor hits $ 1M benchmark for White House bid” . msn.com .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Foran, Clare (August 11, 2015). “Why Exactly Is Lawrence Lessig Considering Running for President?” . National Journal . Retrieved August 11, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Walker, Hayley (September 6, 2015). “Harvard Professor Larry Lessig Says He’s Running for President” . ABC News . Retrieved September 6, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Marans, Daniel (October 17, 2015). “Lawrence Lessig Withdraws ‘Totally Stupid’ Plan To Resign Presidency” . Huffington Post . Retrieved 31 October 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Graham, David (2 November 2015). “The 2016 US Presidential Race: A Cheat Sheet” . The Atlantic . Retrieved 2 November 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lawrence Lessig. “Curriculum Vitae” . Archived from the originalon July 7, 2010 . Retrieved July 25, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Center helps Eastern European countries shape Constitutions” . Retrieved January 13, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Lawrence Lessig. “Short Biography” . Archived from the original on July 22, 2010 . Retrieved July 25, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Lawrence Lessig named Professor of Law at HLS, director of Harvard’s Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics” . Harvard Law School . January 12, 2008. Archived from the original on October 10, 2009 . Retrieved July 25, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Lessig on “Aaron’s Laws – Law and Justice in a Digital Age”. YouTube (2013-02-20). Retrieved on 2013-09-19.
- Jump up^ Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review – A summary of Lawrence Lessig’s Chair Lecture at Harvard Law School. Harvardcrcl.org. Retrieved on 2013-09-19. ArchivedJanuary 16, 2014 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Lessig portrayed on tonight’s West Wing” . BoingBoing .
- Jump up^ “Supreme Court Clerk Hiring: Is It Becoming More Political?” . Above the Law . Retrieved January 13, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Steven Levy (October 1, 2002). “Lawrence Lessig’s Supreme Showdown” . WIRED . Retrieved January 13, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “YMCA Youth and Government Pennsylvania (PA State YMCA)” . Ymcapa.org . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ Lessig, Lawrence (2008-10-13). “McCain / Palin to YouTube: Get Real (Lessig Blog)” . Lessig.org. Archived from the original on May 21, 2011 . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ Kumar, Vishesh; Rhoads, Christopher (January 15, 2008). “Google Wants Its Own Fast Track on the Web” . The Wall Street Journal .
- Jump up^ “Remix is a Cultural Right, Lessig Says” . law.virginia.edu. 2004-11-18 . Retrieved 2016-02-27 .
- Jump up^ Remixon lessig.org
- Jump up^ Remixonscribd.com
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Leadership – Free Software Foundation” . Fsf.org . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “free_culture” . Randomfoo.net . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “Spectrum Policy: Property or Commons?” . Cyberlaw.stanford.edu. 2003-03-02 . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “free_culture” . randomfoo.net . Lessig discusses software patents from time 17:38 to 20:38 of the audio recording
- Jump up^ “Digital Universe Adds Leading Internet expert Lawrence Lessig to Board of Advisors” . California: Prnewswire.com. 2006-03-13 . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “commons” . 2011. google video docid = 7661663613180520595 . Retrieved 2014-02-07 .
- Jump up^ Lawrence Lessig (January 8, 2009). Colbert Nation . Comedy Central. Event occurs at 2:16 . Retrieved 2009-05-19 .
- Jump up^ “Freesouls – Foreword by Lawrence Lessig” . freesouls.cc .
- Jump up^ CBC NEWS. Google Accused of turning zijn back on net neutrality. December 15, 2008.
- Jump up^ Drew Clark. Software Freedom Fighters. The National Journal33 (30), July 28, 2001.
- Jump up^ Elinor Mills. Domain games: Internet leaves the US nest. InfoWorld Daily News. October 13, 1998.
- Jump up^ “Q & A: Lawrence Lessig” . C-SPAN . November 21, 2011 . Retrieved March 26, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Larry Lessig: Laws therein choke creativity” . TED talks . November 15, 2007 . Retrieved March 26, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “TEDxNYED – Lawrence Lessig” . TEDx talks . March 6, 2010 . Retrieved March 26, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Lessig Backs Away From Copy Fights In Courts, Congress. Washington Internet Daily 4 (42). March 4, 2003.
- Jump up^ “Lessig v. Liberatino Music – Complaint” . Electronic Frontier Foundation website . United States District Court. August 22, 2013 . Retrieved February 28, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Laura Sydell (September 27, 2013). “Record Label Picks Copyright Fight With The Wrong Guy” . npr.org . Retrieved September 28, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “17 US Code § 512 – Limitations on liability Relating to material online”. Legal Information Institute . Cornell University Law School . Retrieved February 28, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Brandle, Lars (February 28, 2014). “Liberation Resolves Copyright Issue with Lawrence Lessig, admit ‘Mistakes’ Were Made” . Billboardbiz . Billboard.com . Retrieved February 28, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Twórca Creative Commons wygrał sprawę o bezprawne skasowanie filmu z YouTube’a” . Techlaw.pl . Retrieved February 28, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Sydell, Laura (February 27, 2014). “A Win For Fair use After Record Label Copyright Lawyer Settle” . All Tech Considered . NPR . Retrieved February 28, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b von Busack, Richard (February 25, 2014). “Breaking the Internet: Killswitch Screens at Cinequest” . Metro Silicon Valley . Retrieved February 25, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Swegles, Fred (April 14, 2015). “Battle for Internet Control Fuels OC -produced Movie” . Orange County Register . Retrieved April 16, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Grayson, Alan. “Grayson Screen Award Winning” Killswitch “Documentary” . Congressman Grayson’s House of Rep Official Web Page . Retrieved February 23, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The Price That You Pay for Rocking The Boat” . Huffington Post . Retrieved March 27, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Gill, Kathy. “Lawrence Lessig at ‘Killswitch’ Seattle Premiere: Money, Politics, and the Battle for the Internet” . GeekWire . Retrieved June 5, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Cheney, Kyle (January 5, 2016). “Lessig, lawyers to offer support to anti-Trump electors” . Politico . Retrieved January 25, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Lessig, Lawrence (2007-06-19). “Required Reading: the next 10 years (Lessig Blog)” . Lessig.org. Archived from the original on January 16, 2011 . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “Lessig’s blog July 29, 2007 11:55 pm” . Archived from the original on October 15, 2012.
- Jump up^ Lawrence Lessig (February 8, 2010). “How to Get Our Democracy Back”. CBS News, The Nation . Retrieved 2011-12-14 .
- Jump up^ “Draft Lessig – Change Congress” . Draftlessig.org . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lessig, Lawrence (2008-02-25). “On why I am not running (Lessig Blog)” . Lessig.org. Archived from the original on January 16, 2011 . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ Previous post Next post (2008-03-20). “Stanford Law Professor Larry Lessig Bets Wikipedia Approach Will Transform Congress | Threat Level from Wired.com” . Blog.wired.com . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “Sunlight Foundation Webcast” . Visualwebcaster.com . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ Who We Are, Rootstrikers
- Jump up^ About Us, Rootstrikers
- Jump up^ Rootstrikers and United Republic, Lawrence Lessig, United Republic, November 16, 2011ArchivedJanuary 19, 2011 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ About Us, United RepublicArchivedFebruary 7, 2012, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Call a Convention” . Call a Convention . Retrieved 2011-01-23 . [ Dead link ]
- Jump up^ AboutFix Congress First!
- Jump up^ Lawrence Lessig (November 16, 2011). “Republic, Lost: How Money Corrupts Congress-and a Plan to Stop It” . Google, YouTube, Huffington Post . Retrieved 2011-12-13 .
(see question & answer session near the end of the video; see 50: 30+)
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lawrence Lessig (November 16, 2011). “Republic, Lost: How Money Corrupts Congress-and a Plan to Stop It” . Google, YouTube, Huffington Post . Retrieved 2011-12-13 .
(see 32.06 minutes into tje video)
- Jump up^ “Democracy in small states” . Lessig Blog, v2 . Retrieved January 13, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Conference on the Constitutional Convention, Harvard University, 24 to 5 September, 2011
- Jump up^ Lessig, L. (2011) Republic, Lost: How Money Corrupts Congress-and a Plan to Stop It [ dead link ] (New York City: Hachette / Twelve)excerpt
- Jump up^ Tackett, C. (October 19, 2011)”Could #OccupyWallStreet Become a Constitutional Convention?” Discovery / TreeHugger.com
- Jump up^ Froomkin, Dan (October 5, 2011)”Lawrence Lessig’s New Book On Political Corruption Offers Protesters A Possible Manifesto” Huffington Post
- Jump up^ Hill, Adriene (October 4, 2011)”Campaign finance, lobbying major roadblocks to effective government” Marketplace Morning Report(American Public Media)
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lawrence Lessig, “Why We’re Marching Across New Hampshire to Honor Aaron Swartz” , The Atlantic , January 10, 2014.
- Jump up^ Jennifer Harper,”Restless grassroots: New Hampshire ‘Rebellion’ declares hun statements are not for sale”(Inside the Beltway column),Washington Times, December 25, 2014.
- Jump up^ John Koziol,”NH Rebellion Marching Its Way to Concord for Reform”,New Hampshire Union Leader, January 17, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Flore Vasseur, “The New Hampshire Rebellion: Larry Lessig’s Long Walk” , The Medium , December 15, 2014.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e Merica, Dan (August 11, 2015). “Harvard professor Lawrence Lessig is Exploring a long shot presidential bid” . CNN.com . Retrieved August 11, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Toussaint, Kristin (August 11, 2015)”Harvard law professor wants to be president-for one day”,Boston.com. Retrieved August 11, 2015
- Jump up^ “The Scientific American 50 Award” . Scientific American . Retrieved January 13, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Eight scholars elected to academy of arts and sciences” . News-service.stanford.edu. 2006-04-24 . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “Fastcase 50” . Retrieved January 13, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Honorary Doctor at the Faculty of Social Sciences 2013” . Archived from the original on December 19, 2013 . Retrieved January 19, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Fete de l’Universite 2014 – Doctorats honoris causa” .
- Jump up^ “The Webby Awards Gallery” . 2014 . Retrieved 2014-04-30 .
- Jump up^ “Wired 10.10: Lawrence Lessig’s Supreme Showdown” . wired.com .
- Jump up^ “Lessig, Lawrence” . sagepub.com .
- Jump up^ Heilmann, John (2005-05-21). “Lawrence Lessig and John Hardwicke Fight Sexual Abuse and the American Boychoir School” . Newyorkmetro.com . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ Lessig, Lawrence (2005-05-25). “Living with ghosts (Lessig Blog)” . Lessig.org. Archived from the original on January 16, 2011 . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “Hardwicke v. American Boychoir” .
- Jump up^ http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2000-03-05/the-paul-revere-of-the-web
- Jump up^ “Personal Life – Lawrence Lessig: A Biography” . Hyperink.com . Retrieved 2015-08-12 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedJuly 16, 2012, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “USCA DC Opinions – Released On 01.21.2011” . Pacer.cadc.uscourts.gov . Retrieved 2011-01-23 .
- Jump up^ Lessig Blog ArchivedOctober 15, 2012, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^  ArchivedJuly 16, 2012, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Grayson, Alan. “Grayson Screens Award-Winning” KILLSWITCH “Documentary” . US House of Representatives . Retrieved February 25, 2015 .