Laurel S. Braitman (born February 11, 1978) is an American science historian, writer,  and a TED Fellow. 
She was Writer-in-Residence at the Stanford School of Medicine  and a Contributing Writer for Pop Up Magazine.  She is ook een affiliate artist at the Headlands Center for the Arts . Her work has Appeared in The Guardian,  The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company,  The New Inquiry,  Salon,  and a variety of other publications.
Laurel Frequently collaborates with visual artists    and musicians    like Black Prairie to create concerts for all-animal audiences, zoals wolves. 
Braitman was born and raised on a citrus farm near Ventura  in Southern California .   She majored in Biology and Writing at Cornell University , where she was a member of the Quill and Dagger society and graduated summa cum laude . She worked as an intern in the Weekend Edition Saturday program at NPR .  She RECEIVED a John S. Hennessey scholarship to Pursue graduate studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology , where in 2013 she RECEIVED re PhD in the history and anthropology of science. Braitman lives in San Francisco , California. 
She is the author of Animal Madness: How Anxious Dogs, Compulsive Parrots, and Elephants in Recovery Help Us Understand Ourselves In this housing was published in October 2015. In the book, Braitman shows through a wealth of research dat nonhuman animals are startlingly similar to us in how they ‘are AFFECTED with mental illness, and in what methods best help Them Recover.  
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Animal Madness at Laurel Braitman” . Simon & Schuster .
- Jump up^ “Laurel Braitman – TED Fellow” . TED . 2014-06-30 . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ “Stanford Medicine” . Stanford Medicine .
- Jump up^ “Pop-Up Magazine” . Pop-Up Magazine .
- Jump up^ “Animal Behavior” . The Guardian . [London]]. 2014-10-04 . Retrieved 2015-09-16 .
- Jump up^ “Dog Complex” . Fast Company . New York City . 2013-10-23 . Retrieved 2015-09-16 .
- Jump up^ Browne, Andrew Springer (2013-04-19). “Marijuanimals” . The New Inquiry (Interview). Interview with Laurel Braitman . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ Harris, Malcolm (2012-09-26). “Suicidal dogs and bipolar wolves” . Salon . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ “Art & Science Transdisciplinary Lectures: Laurel Braitman, Historian. The Zookeeper’s Couch” . The New School . 2010-09-14 . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ “Galapagos Chorus” . Ann Hamilton Studio . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ “Human / Nature Credits” . Human / Nature: Artists Respond to a Changing Planet . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ “Video: Grass Widow Plays Music for Gorillas at the Zoo” . The Fader . 2011-08-01.
- Jump up^ Thompson, Barry (2011-08-04). “How Grass Widow cameramen to play a concert for a small group of great apes” . The Phoenix . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ “Understanding the animal mind … through music” . BBC . 2012-07-31 . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ “Making Music For Animals” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Animal Madness – Laurel Braitman – Author Biography” . LitLovers . Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania . June 2014 . Retrieved 2014-07-01 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Internal Bios” . NPR . Retrieved 2014-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “KFA Rights Guide” (PDF) . New York City : The Karpfinger Agency. October 2013. Archived (PDF) from the original one 2014-06-30 . Retrieved 2014-06-30 .
- Jump up^ “www.amazon.com” .