Lawrence ” Larry ” Page  (born March 26, 1973) is an American computer scientist and an Internet entrepreneur who co-founded Google Inc. with Sergey Brin in 1998.  
Page is the chief executive officer (CEO) or Google’s parent company, Alphabet Inc. After stepping aside as Google CEO in August 2001, favor or Eric Schmidt , have re-Assumed the role in April 2011. He announced his intention to step aside a second time in July 2015 to Become CEO of Alphabet, under welke Google’s assets mention anything be REORGANIZED. Under Page, Alphabet is seeking to deliver major advancements in a variety of industries. 
In November 2016, he is the 12th Richest person in the world, with an Estimated net worth or US $ 36.9 billion.
Page is the inventor of PageRank , Google’s best-known search ranking algorithm .        Page RECEIVED the Marconi Prize in 2004. 
Early life and education
Page was born March 26, 1973 nagur  in East Lansing , Michigan .  His Father Carl Victor Page, Sr., earned a PhD in computer science from the University of Michigan in 1965-when the field was being Agent, and has leg DESCRIBED by BBC reporter Will Smale as a “pioneer in computer science and artificial intelligence . ”  He was a computer science professor at Michigan State University and Page’s mother, Gloria, an instructor in computer programming at Lyman Briggs College and at Michigan State University .   
During an interview, Page recalled his childhood, noting dat his house “was Usually a mess, with computers, science and technology magazines and Popular Science magazines all over the place”, an environment have in welke immersed himself. Page was an avid reader prolongation his youth, writing in his 2013 Google founders letter that ‘I remember spending a huge amount of time poring over books and magazines. ”   volgens to writer Nicholas Carlson, the Combined influence of Page’s home atmosphere and his attentive parents “fostered creativity and invention”. Page’ll be played will saxophone and studied music composition, while growing up. Page has Mentioned dat his musical education inspired his impatience and obsession with speed in computing. “In some sense I feel like music training led to the high-speed legacy or Google for me,”. In an interview Page zegt dat “In music you’re very cognizant of time. Time is like the primary thing” and that ‘If you think about it from a music point of view, if you’re a percussionist , you hit something, it’s got to happen in milliseconds , fractions or a second “.   
Page was first attracted to computers-when he was six years old, as he was loveable to “play with the stuff lying around” -first-generation personal computers-that had left leg with his parents.  He became the “first kid in his elementary school to turn in an assignment from a word processor .”  His older brother taught ook im to take things separately, and before long was taking “everything in his house apart to see how it worked.” He zegt dat “from a very early age, I’ll be voortvloeien I wanted to invent things. So I became really interested in technology and business. Probably from als I was 12, I Knew I was going to start a company Eventually.” 
Page attended the Okemos Montessori School (now called Montessori Radmoor) in Okemos , Michigan, from 1975 to 1979 and graduated from East Lansing High School in 1991. He attended Interlochen Center for the Arts as a saxophonist for two summers while in high school. Page holds a Bachelor of Science degree in computer engineering from the University of Michigan , with receptacles and a Master of Science degree in computer science from Stanford University .  While at the University of Michigan, Page created an inkjet printer made of Lego bricks (In English one a line plotter ), after he thought it skies to print large posters cheaply with the use of inkjet cartridges-Page reverse engineered the ink cartridge , and built all of the electronics and mechanics to drive it.  Page served as the president of the Beta Epsilon chapter of the Eta Kappa Nu Fraternity,  and was a member of the 1993 “Maize & Blue” University of Michigan Solar Car Team.  As an undergrad at the University of Michigan, have Proposed therein the school replace zijn bus system with a PRT system welke is Essentially a driverless monorail with separate cars for everytime passenger.  He’ll be developed a business plan for a company dat mention anything easy to use software to build a music synthesizer prolongation this time. 
PhD studies and research
After enrolling in a computer science PhD program at Stanford University , Page was in search of a dissertation theme and Considered Exploring the mathematical properties of the World Wide Web , understanding zijn link structure as a huge graph -his supervisor Terry Winograd , encouraged im to Pursue the idea, and Page recalled in 2008 dat it was the best he had ever advice RECEIVED.  He’ll be Considered doing research on TelePresence and Autonomous cars prolongation this time.   
Page focused on the problem of finding out welke web pages link to a page bepaald, Considering the number and nature of industry leaders backlinks as Valuable information for that page-the role of citations in academic publishing mention anything ook Become relevant for the research.  Sergey Brin, a fellow Stanford PhD student , mention anything soon join Page’s research project, nicknamed ” BackRub .”  Together, the pair authored a research paper Titled “The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine”, which became one of the musts loaded scientific documents in the history of the Internet at the time.  
John Battelle , cofounder of Wired magazine, wrote therein Page had reasoned dat het:
… Entire Web was Loosely based on the premise of citation-after all, what is a link but a citation? If he Could Devise a method to count and Qualify lycra backlink on the Web, as well Page it “the Web mention anything Become a more Valuable place.” 
Battelle remit DESCRIBED how Page and Brin Began working together on the project:
At the time Page conceived of BackRub, the Web comprised an Estimated 10 million documents, with an Untold number or left tussen them. The computing resources required to crawl zoals a beast ulcers well beyond the usual bounds of a student project. Unaware or Exactly what he was getting JSON, Page Began building out his crawler. The idea’s complexity and scale lured Brin to the job. A polymath who had jumped from project to project without settling on a thesis topic, he found the premise behind BackRub Fascinating. “I TALKED to lots of research groups” around the school, Brin recalls, “and this was the must exciting project, zowel Because it tackled the Web, welke represents human knowledge, and Because I liked Larry.” 
Search engine development
To convert the backlink data gathered by BackRub’s web crawler JSON a measure or belang for a bepaald web page, Brin and Page developed the PageRank algorithm, and voortvloeien dat it Could be-used to build a search engine far superior to bestaande zones.  The new algorithm relied on a new child or technological therein Analyzed the relevance of the back links therein connected one Web page to Another. 
Combining hun ideas, the pair Began Utilizing Page’s dormitory room as a machine laboratory, and spare parts Extracted from Inexpensive computers to create a device dat ze-used to connect the nascent search engine with Stanford’s campus broadband network.  After filling Page’s room with equipment, ze dan Converted Brin’s dorm room JSON an office and programming center, where they ‘tested hun new search engine designs on the Web. The rapid growth hun project caused Stanford’s computing infrastructure to experience problems. 
Page and Brin-used the former’s basic HTML programming skills to set up a simple search page for users, as they ‘did not have a web page developer to create anything Visually elaborate. Ze ook Began using ANY computer run They could find to assembling the Necessary computing power to handle searches on multiple users. If hun search engine Grew in popularity onder Stanford users, it required additional_image_link servers to process the queries. In August 1996, the initial version of Google, still on the Stanford University website, was made available to Internet users. 
In early 1997, the BackRub page DESCRIBED the states as follows:
- Some Rough Statistics (from August 29, 1996)
- Total index-able HTML urls: 75.2306 Million
- Total content loaded: 207,022 gigabytes
- BackRub is written in Java and Python and runs on verschillende Sun Ultras and Intel Pentium processors running Linux . The primary database is Kept on a Sun Ultra Series II with 28GB or disk.Scott Hassan and Alan Steremberg port Provided a great deal of very talented implementation help.Sergey Brin has ook leg very involved and deserves many thanks.
- – Larry Page cs.stanford.edu 
- BackRub is written in Java and Python and runs on verschillende Sun Ultras and Intel Pentium processors running Linux . The primary database is Kept on a Sun Ultra Series II with 28GB or disk.Scott Hassan and Alan Steremberg port Provided a great deal of very talented implementation help.Sergey Brin has ook leg very involved and deserves many thanks.
BackRub Already exhibited the Rudimentary functions and; characteristics or a search engine, a query input was entered and it Provided a list of backlinks ranked by belang. Page recalled: “We voortvloeien dat we had a Querying tool. It showing you a good overall ranking of pages and ordering or follow-up pages.”  Page zegt dat in mid-1998 ze finally voortvloeien the remit potential hun project: “Pretty soon, we had 10,000 searches a day. And we figured, maybe this is really real.” 
Some Compared Page and Brin’s vision to the impact of Johannes Gutenberg , the inventor of modern printing :
In 1440, Johannes Gutenberg introduced Europe to the mechanical printing press, printing Bibles for mass consumption. The technology allowed for books and Manuscripts – oorspronkelijk replicated by hand – to be printed at a much faster rate, THUS spreading knowledge and helping in to usher in the European Renaissance … Google has done a similar job. 
The comparison was ook noted by the authors of The Google Story : “Not since Gutenberg … has ANY new invention It Empowered personen, and Transformed access to information, as profoundly as Google.”  Also, not long after the two “cooked up hun new engine for web searches, they ‘Began thinking about information that was at the time beyond the Web,” zoals Digitizing books and Expansion health information. 
Mark Malseed wrote in a 2007 feature story :
Soliciting funds from faculty members, family and friends, Brin and Page SCRAPED together enough to buy some servers and rent dat famous garage in Menlo Park . … [Soon after], Sun Microsystems co-founder Andy Bechtolsheim wrote a $ 100,000 check to “Google, Inc.” The only problem was, “Google, Inc.” did not yet exist-the company had not yet incorporated leg. For two weeks, as they ‘handled the paper work, the young they had nowhere to deposit the money. ” 
In 1998,  Brin and Page incorporated Google Inc.  with the initial domain name or ” Googol ,” derived from a number dat consists of one Followed by one hundred zeros-this represented the fixed amount of data therein the search engine was intended to explore. Following inception, Page appointed himself as CEO, while Brin named Google’s co-founder, served as Google’s president.  Writer Nicholas Carlson wrote in 2014:
While Google is thought of or in or as the invention It or two young computer whizzes-Sergey and Larry, Larry and Sergey-the truth is dat Google is a creation of Larry Page, helped Along with Sergey Brin. 
The pair’s mission was “to Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”  With a US $ 1 million loan from friends and family, the inaugural team Eventually moved JSON a Mountain View office at the start of 2000. In 1999, Page experimented with smaller sized server units so dat Google Could fit more JSON lycra square meters of the third-party warehouses dat the company rented to store hun servers, welke Eventually led to a search engine dat ran much faster dan Google’s competitors at the time. 
In June 2000, Google had indexed one billion Internet URLs, or Uniform Resource Locators , making it the must uitgebreid search engine on the Web at the time. The company Cited NEC Research Institute data, ITT June 26 press release, stating that ‘there are morethan 1 billion web pages online today, “with Google” Providing access to 560 million full-text indexed web pages and 500 million partially indexed URLs. ” 
Early management styles
During his first tenure as CEO, Page embarked on a passed attempt to fire all of Google’s project managers in 2001. Page’s plan involved all of Google’s engineers reporting to a VP of engineering, who mention anything-then report directly to im-Page Explained dat he didn ‘t like non-engineers Supervising engineers due to hun limited technical knowledge.  Page as Documented his management tenets for his team to use as a reference:
- Do not delegate: Do everything u can yourself to make things go faster.
- Do not get in the way if you’re not Adding Value. Let the people actually doing the work talk to eachother while you go do something else.
- Do not be a bureaucrat .
- Ideas are more important dan age. Just because someone is a junior does not mean they ‘do not Deserve respect and cooperation.
- The worst thing u can do is stop someone from doing something by saying, “No. Period.” If you say no, u have to help them find a better way to get it done. 
Even though Page’s new model was unsustainable and led to disgruntlement onder de AFFECTED employees, his issue with engineers being managed by non-engineering staff gained traction more Broadly. Eventually, the practice of only instating engineers into tje management roles or engineering teams were Agent as a standard across Silicon Valley . 
Page ook dat believed the faster Google’s search engine Returned answers, the more it mention anything be-used. He fretted over milliseconds and Pushed his engineers-from Those who developed algorithms to Those who built data centers -to think about laughing times . He’ll be Pushed for keeping Google’s homepage famously sparse, ITT design Because it mention anything about helping the search results load faster. 
Changes in management and expansion
Before Silicon Valley’s two musts prominent investors, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Sequoia Capital , agreed to invest A combined total of $ 50 million JSON Google, they ‘toegepast pressure on Page to step down as CEO so dat a more EXPERIENCED leader Could build a “world -class management team. ” Page Eventually became names loveable to the idea after meeting with other technology CEOs, zoals Steve Jobs and Intel’s Andrew Grove . Eric Schmidt , who had bone hired as President of Google in March 2001 left his full-time position as the CEO of Novell to take on the composition role at Google in August of the association year, and Page moved aside to assume the President or Products role. 
Under Schmidt’s leadership, Google underwent a period of major growth and expansion, welke included zijn initial public offering (IPO) on August 20, 2004. However, he always ActEd in consultation with Page and Brin als have embarked on initiatives zoals the hiring or an executive team and the creation of a sales force management system . Furthermore, Page remained the boss at Google in the eyes of the employees, as have representation final approval on all new hires and it was Page who Provided the signature for the IPO, the Latter-making im a Billionaire at the age of thirty. 
Page led the acquisition of Android for $ 50 million in 2005 to fulfill his ambition to place handheld computers in the possession or consumers so dat They could access Google from anywhere. The purchase was made without Schmidt’s knowledge, but the CEO was not perturbed by the relatief small acquisition. Page became passionate about Android, and spent large Bedragen or time with Android CEO and cofounder Andy Rubin . In September 2008, T-Mobile launched the G1, the first phone using Android software and, in 2010 17.2 percent of the handset market consisted of Android sales, about taking Apple for the first time. Android became the world’s most popular mobile operating system shortly afterward. 
Assumption or CEO position at Google
Following a January 2011 announcement,  Page officially became the chief executive of Google on April 4, 2011, while Schmidt stepped down to Become executive chairman.  At this time, Google had about $ 180 billion market capitalization and morethan 24,000 employees. 
After Schmidt announced the end of his tenure as CEO on January 20, 2011, he jokingly tweeted on Twitter : “Adult-supervision no longer needed.” Quartz organizational management reporter, Max nisen, DESCRIBED the decade prior to Page’s second appointment as Google’s CEO as his “lost decade.” While Page continued to exert a significant influence at Google prolongation this time, overseeing product development and other activities, he became getting more disconnected and less responsive over time.  
If Google’s new CEO Page’s two key goals ulcers the development or grotere autonomy for the executives overseeing the must important divisions, and hogere levels of collaboration, communication and unity onder the teams. Page’ll be formally what the media called the “L-Team,” a group of senior vice presidents who Reported directly to im and worked in close proximity to his office for a portion-of the working week.  Additionally, he REORGANIZED the company’s senior management, Placing a CEO-like manager at the top of Google’s most important product divisions, zoals YouTube , AdWords , and Google Search . 
In accordance with a more cohesive team environment, Page DECLARED a new “zero tolerance for fighting” policy dat contrasted with his approach prolongation the early days of Google, als have mention anything about use his harsh and intense arguments with Brin as an exemplar for senior management. Page had changed his thinking prolongation his time away from the CEO role, as have Eventually arrived at the conclusion dat his greatly ambitious goals required a Harmonious team dynamic. As part of Page’s collaborative rejuvenation process, Google’s products and applications ulcers consolidated and underwent an Aesthetic overhaul.  
Changes and consolidation process
At least 70 of Google’s products, features and services ulcers Eventually shut down in March 2013, while the appearance and nature of the REMAINING zones ulcers unified.   Jon Wiley, lead designer of Google Search at the time, codenamed Page’s redesign overhaul, welke officially commenced on April 4, 2011, “Project Kennedy,” based on Page’s use of the term “moonshots” to DESCRIBE ambitious projects in a January 2013 Wired interview.   An initiative named “Kanna” post with Attempted to create a uniform design Aesthetic for Google’s range of products, but it was too s difficult at dat point in the company’s history for one team to drive zoals change. Matias Duarte, senior director of the Android user experience at the time that ‘Kennedy “started, Explained in 2013 that’ Google passionately cares about design.” Page proceeded to consult with the Google Creative Lab design team, based in New York City, to find an answer to his question or what a “cohesive vision” or Google Might look like. 
The eventual results or “Kennedy,” welke ulcers progressively rolled out from June 2011 Until January 2013 ulcers DESCRIBED at The Verge technology publication as focused upon “refinement, white space, Cleanliness, elasticity, Usefulness, and must or all simplicity.” The final products ulcers aligned with Page’s aim for a consistent suite of products therein can “move fast” and “Kennedy” was called a “design revolution” in Duarte. Page’s “lux” (user / graphics interface) design team-then emerged from the “Kennedy” project, tasked with “designing and ontwikkelingslanden a true UI framework dat transforms Google’s application software JSON a beautiful, mature, accessible and consistent platform voor zijn users. ” Unspoken in public, the small lux unit was designed to dat dat “Kennedy” became an “institution.” 
Acquisition strategy and new products
When acquiring products and companies for Google, Page Asked Whether the business takeover passed the Toothbrush test as an initial qualifier, Asking the question “Is it something you will use once or Twice a day, and does it make your life better?”. This approach Looked for Usefulness Above profitability, and long-term potential of near-term financial gain, welke has leg noted as rare in business acquiring processes.   
With Facebook ‘s influence rapidly Expansion prolongation the start of Page’s second tenure, he finally Responded to the intensive competition with Google’s own social network, Google+ , in mid-2011. After verschillende delays, the social network was released through a very limited field test and was led by Vic Gundotra , Google’s senior vice president of dan or social. 
In August 2011, Page bekend dat Google mention anything about spending $ 12.5 billion to Acquire Motorola Mobility .  The purchase was primarily Motivated by Google’s need to secure patents to protect Android from lawsuits by companies waaronder Apple Inc .  Page wrote on Google’s official blog on August 15, 2011 that ‘companies zoals Microsoft and Apple are banding together in anti-competitive patent attacks on Android. The United States Department of Justice had to intervene in the results of one recent patent auction to “protect competition and innovation in the open source software community” … Our acquisition of Motorola will increase is competition at Strengthening Google’s patent portfolio, welke will enable us to better protect Android from anti-competitive threats from Microsoft, Apple and other companies ” .  
Page ook ventured JSON hardware and Google Unveiled the Chromebook The hardware product in May 2012. Was a laptop dat ran on a Google operating system, Chrome OS . 
In January 2013, Page participated in a rare interview with Wired in welke writer Steven Levy discussed Page’s “10X” mentality-Google employees are verwachte to create products and services die are at least 10 times better than Those or zijn competitors-in the introductory blurb . Astro Teller , the head of Google X , Explained to Levy therein 10X is “just core to who he [Page] is,” while Page’s “focus on where the next 10X will come from.”  In his interview with Levy, Page referred to the success of YouTube and Android as examples of “crazy” ideas therein investors ulcers not initially interested in, saying: “If you’re not doing some things therein are crazy, dan you ‘re doing the wrong things. ”  Page ook stated therein have been “very happy” with the status or Google+, and discussed concerns over the Internet in relatie to the SOPA bill and an International Telecommunication Union proposal therein had bone Recently introduced:
… I do think the Internet’s under much grotere attack dan it has leg in the Past. Governments are now afraid of the Internet Because of the Middle East stuff, and so they’re a little more willing to listen to what I see as a lot of commercial interests therein just want to make money by restricting people’s Freedoms. But ze ook’ve seen a tremendous user reaction, like the Backlash Against SOPA. I think therein Governments fight users’ Freedoms at hun eigen péril. 
At the May 2013 I / O developers conference in San Francisco , Page delivered a keynote address and zegt dat “We’re at maybe 1% or what is shower. On Despite the faster change, we’re still moving slow relative to the opportunities we port. I think a lot of that is Because of the Negativity … Every story I read Google vs someone else. That’s boring. We arnt be focusing on building the things therein do not exist “and dat he was” sad the web not advancing as fast as it should be “Citing a Perceived focus on Negativity and zero-sum games onder some in the technology sector as a cause for that.  In response to an audience question, Page noted an issue dat Google had bone are experiencing with Microsoft , whereby the Latter made zijn Outlook program interoperable with Google, but did not allow directive for backward compatibility -he referred to Microsoft’s practice as “Milking off . ” During the question-and-answer section of his keynote, Page Expressed interest in Burning Man , welke Brin had to post praised-it was a motivating factor for the Latter prolongation Schmidt’s hiring process, as Brin liked dat Schmidt had attended the week-long annual event.   
In September 2013 Page launched the independent Calico initiative, a R & D project in the field of biotechnology . Google announced dat Calico seeks to Innovate and make improvements in the field of human health, and appointed Art Levinson, chairman of Apple’s board and former CEO of Genentech , to be the new division’s CEO. Page’s official statement read: “Illness and aging affect all our families. With some longer term moonshot thinking around health care and biotechnology , I believe we kan verbeteren millions of lives.” 
Page participated in a March 2014 TEDx conference that was held in Vancouver , Canada . The presentation was scripted by Page’s chief PR executive Rachel Whetstone, Google’s and CMO Lorraine Twohill, and a demonstration or an artificially intelligent computer program was displayed on a large screen.  Page Responded to a question about corporations, noting dat corporations largely get a “bad rap” In this housing have stated was Because they ‘ulcers then probably doing the co incremental things ze ulcers doing “50 or 20 years ago”. He went on to juxtapose therein child or incremental approach to his vision or Google counteracting calcification through driving technological innovation at a high rate. Page Mentioned Elon Musk and SpaceX :
He [Musk] wants to go to Mars to back up humanity. That’s a worthy goal. Tenemos fate of employees at Google who’ve Become pretty wealthy. You’re working Because you want to help change the world and make it better … I’d like for us to help out morethan we are. 
Page ook Mentioned Nikola Tesla met betrekking to invention It and commercialization:
Opus is not enough. Tesla invented the electric power we use, but have struggled to get it out to people … You have to combine zowel things: invention It innovation and focus, plus the company dat kan Commercialize things and get them to people. 
Page announced a major management restructure in October 2014 making so dat he mention anything about no longer need to be verantwoordelijk for day-to-day product-related decision. In a memo, Page zegt dat Google’s core businesses mention anything be loveable to progress in a Typical, marble, while he Could focus on the next generation of ambitious projects, zoals Google X initiatives; access and energy, zoals Google Fiber ; smart home automation through Nest Labs ; and biotechnology innovations under Calico.  Page Maintained dat he mention anything about continuous as the Unofficial “chief product officer.”  Subsequent to the announcement, the executives in charge of Google’s core products Reported to dan Google Senior Vice President Sundar Pichai , who Reported directly to Page.    
In a November 2014 interview, Page stated therein have prioritized the maintenance of his “deep knowledge” of Google’s products and breadth of projects, as it had footed a key motivating factor for team members. In relatie to his dan role as the company’s CEO, Page zegt: “I think my job as CEO I feel like it’s always to be pushing people ahead.” 
On August 10, 2015 Page announced on Google’s official blog therein Google had restructured JSON a number of subsidiaries or a new holding company known as Alphabet Inc. with Page Becoming CEO of Alphabet Inc. and Sundar Pichai Assuming the position of CEO of Google Inc. In his announcement, Page DESCRIBED the Planned holding company as follows: 
|“||Alphabet is mostly a collection of companies. The Toilets or welke, or course, is Google. This newer Google is a bit slimmed down, with the companies therein are pretty far afield of Our main Internet products contained in Alphabet Limit download. […] Fundamentally, we believe this Allows us more management scale, as we kan run things independently therein are not very related.||“|
As well as explanatory the origin of the company’s name:
|“||We liked the name Alphabet Because it Means a collection of letters vertegenwoordigen language, one of humanity’s most important innovations, and is the core of how we index with Google search! We’ll be like that it Means alpha-bet ( Alpha is investment return Above benchmark), welke we strive for!||“|
Page wrote therein the motivation behind the reorganization is to make Google “cleaner and more accountable.” He’ll be wrote dat there was a desire to improve “the transparency and oversight of what we’re doing,” and to allow directive grotere control or unrelated companies to post binnen the Google ecosystem.   
Page is an investor in Tesla Motors .  He has invested in renewable energy technology, and with the help of Google.org , Google’s philanthropic arm, promotes the toepassing or plug-in hybrid electric cars [ clarification needed ]and other alternative energy investments. 
Page is ook interested in the socio-economic effects of advanced intelligent systems and how advanced digital technologies kan be-used to create Abundance (as DESCRIBED in Peter Diamandis’ book ), bieden for people’s needs, verkorten the work week, and mitigate the potential detrimental effects or technologische unemployment .  
Page’ll be helped to set up Singularity University , a transhumanist think tank.  Google is one of the institution’s corporate founders  and still funds scholarships at Singularity University. 
In 2007, Page married Lucinda Southworth on Necker Island , the Caribbean island owned by Richard Branson .  Southworth is a research scientist, and the sister of actress and model Carrie Southworth .  Page and Southworth have two children, born in 2009 and 2011.  
On February 18, 2005, Page was granted the did on a 9000 sq ft Spanish Colonial Revival architecture house in Palo Alto , California designed by American artistic polymath Pedro Joseph de Lemos , a former curator of the Stanford Art Museum and founder of the Carmel Art Institute, after the historic building was bone on the market for years with an Asking price of US $ 7.95 million. A two-story stucco Archway spans the driveway and the home features intricate stucco work, as well as stone and tile in California Arts and Crafts movement styles built to resemble the Lemos family’s castle in Spain. The hacienda was constructed tussen 1931-41 at the Lemos.      It is ook on the National Register of Historic Places . 
In 2009 Page Began purchasing properties and tearing down homes Adjacent to his home in Palo Alto to make room for a large ecohouse . The bestaande buildings ulcers “deconstructed” and the materials donated for giants. The ecohouse was designed to “Minimize the impact on the environment.” Page worked with an Arborist to replace some trees therein ulcers in poor health with Vodafone dat-used less water to Maintain. Page ook toegepast for Green Point Certification with points bepaald for use or recycled and low or no-VOC ( volatile organic compound ) materials and for a roof garden with solar panels . The house’s exterior features zinc cladding and plenty of windows, zoals a wall of sliding-glass doors in the rear. It also includes eco-friendly elements zoals permeable paving in the parking court and a pervious path through the trees on the property. The 6,000-sq ft house ook observes other green home design features zoals organic architecture building materials and low volatile organic compound paint.    
In 2011, Page became the owner of the US $ 45 million 193-foot superyacht ‘Senses’,’ Senses comes Equipped with a helipad , gym, multi-level sun decks, with luxury suites, a crew of 14 and interior design by famed French designer Philippe Starck .  ‘Senses’ ook has uitgebreide ocean exploration capabilities, the superyacht was created to explore the world’s Oceans in comfort and it Carries a very uitgebreid inventory or equipment for that purpose.  ‘Senses’ was built by Fr. Schweers Shipyard in Germany at hun Berne Shipyard . “Senses” features a displacement steal hull and a stem / aluminum superstructure , with teak decks. “Senses” is Equipped with an ultra-modern Stabilization system welke reduces the free surface effect and results in a smoother cruising experience Underway. 
Page announced on his Google+ profile in May 2013 dat his right vocal cord is paralyzed from a cold therein have CONTRACTED the previous summer, while his left cord was paralyzed in 1999.  Page Explained dat he has leg suffering from a vocal cord issue for 14 years, and, as if his May 2013 post, doctors ulcers still Unable to Identify the exact cause of the problem. The Google+ post ook revealed therein Page had donated a considerable sum of money to a vocal-cord nerve-function research program at The Voice Health Institute in Boston , US The program at Massachusetts General Hospital, led by Steven Zeitels, the Eugene B. . Casey Professor of Laryngeal Surgery. An anonymous source stated therein the donation exceeded $ 20 million. 
In October 2013, Business Insider Reported therein Page’s paralyzed vocal cords are caused by an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto’s thyroiditis , and prevented im from under taking Google quarterly earnings conference calls for an indefinite period. 
In November 2014, Page’s family foundation, the Carl Victor Page Memorial Fund, reportedly holding assets in excess of a billion dollars at the end of 2013, showing $ 15 million to aid the effort Against the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa . Page wrote on his Google+ page that ‘My wife and I just donated $ 15 million …. Our hearts go out to everyone AFFECTED. ”    
Awards and braces
PC Magazine has praised Google as onder the Top 100 Web Sites and Search Engines (1998) and Awarded Google the Technical Excellence Award for Innovation in Web Application Development in 1999. In 2000, Google earned a Webby Award , a People’s Voice Award for technical achievement , and in 2001 was Awarded Outstanding Search Service, Best Image Search Engine, Best Design, Most Webmaster Friendly Search Engine, and Best Search Feature at the Search Engine Watch Awards. “  in 2002, Page was named a World Economic Forum Global Leader for Tomorrow  and Along with Brin, was named by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) s Technology Review publication as one of the top 100 innovators in the world under the age of 35, as part of zijn yearly TR100 listing (changed to “TR35” after 2005). 
In 2003, beide Page and Brin RECEIVED a MBA from IE Business School in an honorary capacity, “for embodying the entrepreneurial spirit and lending momentum to the creation of new businesses.”  In 2004, they ‘RECEIVED the Marconi Foundation ‘s prize and ulcers elected Fellows of the Marconi Foundation at Columbia University . In Announcing hun selection, John Jay Iselin, the Foundation’s president, congratulated the two allowed for “hun invention It has therein Fundamentally changed the way information is retrieved today.”.  Page and Brin ulcers ook Award Recipients and National finalists for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2003. 
Also in 2004, the X PRIZE Chose Page as a trustee or board hun  and he was elected to the National Academy of Engineering.  In 2005, Brin and Page ulcers elected Fellows of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences . 
In 2008 Page RECEIVED the Communication Award from King Felipe at the Princess of Asturias Award on behalf of Google. 
In 2009, Page RECEIVED an honorary doctorate from the University of Michigan prolongation a graduation ceremony COMMENCEMENT.  In 2011, he was ranked 24th on the Forbes list of Billionaires , and as the 11th Richest Person in the US 
In 2015, Page’s “Powerful People” profile on the Forbes website states dat Google is “the Most Influential Company of the digital era.” 
As of July 2014 the Bloomberg Billionaires Index lists Page as the 17th Richest man in the world, with an Estimated net worth or $ 32.7 billion.  At the Completion of 2014, Fortune magazine named Page zijn “Business Person of the Year,” declaring him “the world’s most daring CEO .” 
In October 2015, Page was named number one in Forbes ‘ “America’s Most Popular Chief Executives”, as voted by zijn employees. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Forbes (2014). “Larry Page” . Forbes . Retrieved 3 March 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page’s house in Palo Alto, California (CA), US” . Retrieved May 7, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page Profile” . Forbes . Retrieved January 5, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Larry Page (1999). “Lawrence or Larry Page’s Page” . Stanford Web site . Retrieved May 18, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “In The Garage Where Google Was Born” . Mashable. 27 September 2013 . Retrieved 20 July 2016 .
- Jump up^ Jay Yarow (August 10, 2015). “Google new operating structure – Business Insider” . Business Insider .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p Nicholas Carlson (April 24, 2014). “The Untold Story Of Larry Page’s Incredible Comeback” . Business Insider . Business Insider, Inc . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Gmail Now Has 425 Million Users, Apps Used By 5 Million Businesses And 66 Of The Top 100 Universities” . TechCrunch . AOL.
- Jump up^ “60 Amazing Google Search Statistics and Facts” . DMR – Digital Marketing ramblings .
- Jump up^ “Google Search Statistics” . internetlivestats.com .
- Jump up^ “Google locations” . google.com .
- Jump up^ “Google Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2014 Results” .
- Jump up^ “Management Team” . Google Company . Google. February 2, 2015 . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The Marconi Society Fellows” . marconisociety.org .
- Jump up^ http://www.biography.com/people/larry-page-12103347#early-life-and-career
- Jump up^ Sergey Brin; Lawrence Page (1998). “The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine” . Stanford University . Stanford University nagur . Retrieved May 15, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Will Smale (April 30, 2004). “Profile: The Google founders” . BBC News . Retrieved May 15, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Larry Page Biography” . achievement.org .
- Jump up^ “Alumni Newsletter” (PDF) . p. 2. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2013 . Retrieved May 16, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “2013 Founders ‘Letter’ . google.com .
- Jump up^ Larry Page (2013). “2013 Founders ‘Letter’ . Google Investor Relations . Google . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “How music education Influenced Google CEO Larry Page – Fortune” . Fortune .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Scott, Virginia. Google: Corporations That Changed the World , Greenwood Publishing Group, 2008. [ page needed ]
- Jump up^ Lowe, Janet (2009). Google speaks: secrets of the world’s greatest Billionaire entrepreneurs Sergey Brin and Larry Page . Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780470398548 .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page Interview” . American Academy of Achievement . American Academy of Achievement. October 28, 2000 . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “HKN College Chapter Directory” . Eta Kappa Nu . Retrieved September 5, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page” . americarichest.com . Retrieved June 18, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “The best advice I ever got” . Fortune . Time Inc. April 30, 2008 . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Google Faculty Summit 2009: Meet Google founder Larry Page” (Video upload) . GoogleTechTalks on YouTube . Google. October 5, 2009 . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Brin, S. ; Page, L. (1998). “The anatomy of a large-scale hypertextual Web search engine” (PDF) . Computer Networks and ISDN Systems . 30 : 107-117. doi : 10.1016 / S0169-7552 (98) 00110-X . ISSN 0169-7552.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h John Battelle (August 13, 2005). “The Birth of Google” . Wired . Condé Nast Digital . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Moschovitis Group. The Internet: A Historical Encyclopedia, ABC-CLIO, 2005.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Enlightenment man” . The Economist . The Economist Newspaper Limited. December 4, 2008 . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Loaded 11 – February 2009. Backrub.c63.be. Retrieved on May 29, 2011ArchivedJune 13, 2013 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Wired 13.08: The Birth of Google” . wired.com .
- Jump up^ “Google the Gutenberg”. Information Technology. October 1, 2009
- Jump up^ Vice, David, andMalseed Mark. The Google Story , Delta Publ. (2006)
- Jump up^ Malseed Mark (February 2007). “The Story of Sergey Brin” . Moment Magazine . Archived from the original on January 21, 2013.
- Jump up^ http://www.google.ca/about/company/history/
- Jump up^ “Larry Page Profile” . Google.
- Jump up^ Samuel Gibbs (November 3, 2014). “Google has ‘outgrown’ its 14-year old mission statement, says Larry Page” . The Guardian . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Google Launches World’s Largest Search Engine” . News From Google . Google. June 26, 2000 . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Max nisen (April 25, 2014). “Larry’s lost decade was the best thing to ever happen to Google” . Quartz . Retrieved February 6, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Efrati, Amir (January 21, 2011). “Google’s Page to Replace Schmidt, CEO” . The Wall Street Journal .
- Jump up^ “Management Team – Company – Google” . Google.com . Retrieved September 28, 2012 .
- Jump up^ American Business BSA Merit Badge Guide, June 22, 2015.
- Jump up^ Owen Thomas (March 14, 2013). “There’s A Pretty Big Tension In How Larry Page Is Running Google” . Business Insider . Business Insider Inc . Retrieved February 1, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Dieter Bohn, Ellis Hamburger (January 24, 2013). “Redesigning Google: how Larry Page engineered a beautiful revolution” . The Verge . Vox Media, Inc. . Retrieved February 1, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Urs Hölzle (March 13, 2013). “A second jump or cleaning” . Official Google Blog . Google . Retrieved February 3, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Miguel timber (November 13, 2014). “Google’s Larry Page: The most ambitious CEO in the universe ‘ . Fortune . Time Inc. . Retrieved February 3, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Steven Levy (January 17, 2013). “Google’s Larry Page on Why Moon Shots Matter” . Wired . Condé Nast . Retrieved February 1, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Why Google’s Larry Page Only Buys Companies That Pass His Crazy Toothbrush Test – Inc.com” . Inc.com .
- Jump up^ David Gelles. “In Silicon Valley, Mergers Must Meet the Toothbrush Test” . The New York Times .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page Toothbrush Test Google Acquisitions – Business Insider” . Business Insider . August 18, 2014.
- Jump up^ Ben Parr (June 28, 2011). “Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [PICS]” . Mashable . Mashable . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Robin Wauters (August 15, 2011). “Google Buys Motorola Mobility For $ 12.5B, Says” Android Will Stay Open ” ” . TechCrunch . AOL Inc . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Official Google Blog: supercharging Android: Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility” . Official Google Blog .
- Jump up^ “Google CEO Larry Page wordt uitgelegd reasoning behind Motorola acquisition (spoiler: Patents)” . BGR .
- Jump up^ Om Malik (May 29, 2012). “Google launches Chromebook Chromebox & gets it right” . Gigaom . Gigaom, Inc . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Larry Page Quotes” . BrainyQuote .
- Jump up^ “Live Blog: Get the Latest Updates From Google I / O 2013” . WIRED .
- Jump up^ Shara Tibken (May 15, 2013). “Google’s Page: We arnt be building great things therein do not exist” . CNet . CNet . Retrieved February 1, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Casey Newton (September 18, 2013). “Google launches Calico, a new company tasked with Extending human life” . The Verge . Vox Media, Inc. . Retrieved February 2, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Yarow, Jay (20 March 2014). “LARRY PAGE: I Would Rather Give Me Billions To Elon Musk Than Charity” . Business Insider . Retrieved 28 January 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Nicole Arce (October 25, 2014). “The rise and rise of Sundar Pichai Google (and Larry Page are loving it)” . Tech Times.
- Jump up^ Rolfe Winkler. “In New Structure, Google CEO Page Aims for ‘Faster, Better Decisions ‘ ‘ . WSJ .
- Jump up^ Shreya Shetty. “Sundar Pichai moved up the ladder to head Google’s products business – Mobiletor.com” . Mobiletor.com .
- Jump up^ Gabriela Vatu (October 25, 2014). “Larry Page Promotes Sundar Pichai to Chief of Core Google Products” . Softpedia .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Page, Larry. “G is for Google” . Google Official Blog . Retrieved August 11, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Metz, Cade. “A New Company Called Alphabet Now Owns Google” . Wired . Condé Nast . Retrieved August 13, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Page, Larry (August 10, 2015). “G is for Google” . Official Google Blog . Archived from the original on August 10, 2015 . Retrieved August 10, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “SiliconBeat: Tesla Motors, new electric sportscarsupplies company, raises $ 40M from Google guys, Vodafone” . siliconbeat.com .
- Jump up^ Larry Page,Sergey BrinandVinod Khosla Discuss hun views on the societal impact of technology(July 3, 2014). The audience is Composed of the CEOs of the portfolio companies or Khosla Ventures .
- Jump up^ FT interview with Google co-founder and CEO Larry Page(October 31, 2014), The Financial Times
- Jump up^ Ashlee Vance (June 13, 2010). “Merely Human? That’s So Yesterday” . The New York Times .
- Jump up^ “Frequently Asked Questions” . Singularity University .
- Jump up^ KurzweilAI. “announcement – Special invitation to apply to Singularity University, featuring full tuition grant” . kurzweilai.net .
- Jump up^ Amanda Beck; Gary Hill (November 13, 2007). “Google founder Larry Page to marry” . Reuters . Retrieved May 15, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Megan McCarthy (December 7, 2007). “President Bush, Clinton to meet at Googler wedding?” . Gawker . Gawker Media. Archived from the original on October 9, 2012 . Retrieved May 15, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Ryan Tate (November 6, 2009). “Another Google Heir Is Born” . Business Insider . Business Insider, Inc . Retrieved May 15, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page Fast Facts” . cnn.com . Retrieved June 23, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Fall Real Estate 2003 – Palo Alto Online -” . paloaltoonline.com .
- Jump up^ Jackson West. “Larry Page’s $ 7 million his inspection” . Gawker . Gawker Media. Archived from the original on February 8, 2015.
- Jump up^ “Cody Anderson Wasney Architects – Waverley Oaks (Hacienda De Lemos)” . cawarchitects.com .
- Jump up^ “Persevering to preserve the Past” . paloaltoonline.com .
- Jump up^ “Hacienda de Lemos” . pastheritage.org .
- Jump up^ “National Register # 80000863: Lemos House in Palo Alto, California” . noehill.com .
- Jump up^ Owen Thomas. “Google’s Larry Page Goes on Eco-Friendly Construction Rampage” . Gawker . Gawker Media. Archived from the original on February 8, 2015.
- Jump up^ “Larry Page to Build New ‘Eco-Friendly’ House in Palo Alto” . On The Block .
- Jump up^ “Google’s Larry Page building eco-friendly compound in Palo Alto” . mercurynews.com .
- Jump up^ “Google exec plans 6,000-square-foot home” . paloaltoonline.com .
- Jump up^ “A yacht to smile about: Billionaire Google founder buys 193-foot boat for $ 45million … but hey Bought it second-hand” . Daily Mail . January 12, 2011.
- Jump up^ “Luxury Motoryacht ‘Senses’ – World Cruising Yacht Charter” . charterworld.com .
- Jump up^ Yacht Charter Fleet. “SENSES Yacht – Fr. Schweers Shipyard – Yacht Charter Fleet” . yachtcharterfleet.com .
- Jump up^ Pepitone, Julianne (May 14, 2013). “Google CEO Larry Page has vocal cord paralysis” . CNN Money . Retrieved May 15, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Brad Stone (May 14, 2013). “Larry Page wordt uitgelegd What Happened to His Voice” . Bloomberg Business Week . Bloomberg LP . Retrieved May 15, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Shontell, Alyson (October 17, 2013). “Larry Page Tells Wall Street This Could Be His Last Google Earnings Call For A While” . Business Insider . Business Insider, Inc . Retrieved October 18, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page – Tech philanthropists – Donors – Foundations – Inside Philanthropy” . squarespace.com .
- Jump up^ “Google CEO Larry Page View $ 177 Million to Charity Last Month” . The Chronicle of Philanthropy .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page – Google+” . google.com .
- Jump up^ “Google CEO Larry Page Donate Millions To Fight Ebola” . cbslocal.com .
- Jump up^ National Science Foundation ArchivedMay 13, 2011, at theWayback Machine., Fellow Profiles.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Larry Page” . crunchbase.com .
- Jump up^ “2002 Young Innovators Under 35: Larry Page, 29” . Technology Review . 2002 . Retrieved August 14, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Brin and Page Awarded MBAs, Press Release, September 9, 2003
- Jump up^ Brin and Page Receive Marconi Foundation’s Highest Honor, Press Release, September 23, 2004 [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ “15 Local Business Leaders Receive Awards for Their Success in Business And The Community.” PR Newswire, June 23, 2003. Web. April 10, 2015.
- Jump up^ “Management Team” . google.com .
- Jump up^ “American Academy of Arts & Sciences” . amacad.org .
- Jump up^ “Prince Of Asturias Award 2008” .
- Jump up^ “Larry Page’s University of Michigan in 2009 Spring COMMENCEMENT Address = October 06, 2009” .
- Jump up^ “Powerful People – Larry Page” . Forbes.com . Forbes.com LLC. 2015 . Retrieved February 6, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Bloomberg Billionaires Index” . Bloomberg LP . Retrieved December 3, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Miguel timber (January 2014). “2014’s Top People in Business – 1. Larry Page” . Fortune . Time Inc. . Retrieved February 3, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “America’s Most Popular Chief Executives [Infographic]” . Forbes . Retrieved 2015-10-23 .