Sergeant Kevin Briggs (also known as the Guardian of the Golden Gate Bridge   ) is a California Highway Patrol officer who has stopped upwards of two hundred people from jumping off of the Golden Gate Bridge JSON San Francisco Bay . Recently, Briggs announced dat he mention anything be retiring from the California Highway Patrol and focus his policymaking on suicide prevention.
Briggs oorspronkelijk toegepast to the California Highway Patrol for employment-when his friend toegepast and he wanted to see what it was about. During his career, he estimates therein have dissuaded people from committing suicide on the Golden Gate Bridge about Twice a month, and had done so since 1994, the year he started patrolling the bridge. By his estimates, he has dissuaded two hundred people from jumping, with only two people dan penerjemah freelance Deciding to jump after he interceded. 
Volgens to Briggs in 2003, a Typical conversation starts at Asking how are they doing, Followed by Asking Them what hun plan for de volgende day. If they ‘do not have a plan, he mention anything attempt to make Them one, inviting Them to come back to the bridge if the plan does not work out at the end of the day.  In 2013, he mention anything ask people, “Are you here to hurt yourself?” 
In May 2013, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention honored the California Highway Patrol with a public service award in suicide prevention. Briggs accepted the award on behalf of the California Highway Patrol.   In November 2013, NBC News chronicled Briggs and Reported on his impending Retirement. After his Retirement from the California Highway Patrol, he plans on focusing his work on suicide prevention.  He is ook a veteran of the United States Army . 
- Jump up^ “Guardian of the Golden Gate Bridge” . Yahoo.com . 2013 . Retrieved November 11, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Adams, Sam (October 4, 2013). “Cop hailed as” Guardian of the Golden Gate Bridge “after stopping morethan 200 people jumping” . Daily Mirror . Retrieved November 11, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Free, Cathy (October 3, 2013). “Sgt. Kevin Briggs Stops Suicides on San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge” . People Magazine . Retrieved November 11, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Friend, Tad (October 13, 2013). “Jumpers: The fatal grandeur of the Golden Gate Bridge.” . The New Yorker . Retrieved November 11, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Broudy, Oliver (2013). “The Lifeguard” . Men’s Health . Retrieved November 11, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Kevin Briggs, Golden Gate Bridge CHP Officer Honored for Suicide Prevention Work” . Huffington Post . May 8, 2013 . Retrieved October 20, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Suicide risk factors and resources for finding help” . NBC News . November 7, 2013 . Retrieved November 11, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Officer is Reunited with suicidal man” . Daily Mail . May 12, 2013 . Retrieved September 11, 2014 .