Cornelis W. ” Mike ” more difficult (born 9 October 1960) is a Dutch biologist and director of the Natural History Museum Rotterdam .   He is ook European Bureau Chief of the Annals of Improbable Research . 
Harder’s Father worked for forty years as a technical illustrator for the (subsequently SupersededPNG) Dutch post office .  Mike himself was Provided with education at the Pieter Caland School in Rotterdam .  During this time he-used to wander across the nature reserve in the Rotterdam area.  On one of his walks, in 1973, he made the first ever Recorded observation in the area or an Egyptian Nile goose ( Alopochen aegyptiacus ). 
He went on to study biology and geography at a teacher training institution in Delft .  He graduated with a research project on the winter-season feeding ecology of the Long-eared owl ( Asio otus ). The research later Provided the base for a section in his 1989 compilation, “Owls” ( “Owl” ).  more difficult ook collaborated on the research led by the high-profile Biology / Ornithology Professor Kees Heij , undertaken at the Free University (Amsterdam) into tje population ecology of the House Sparrow ( Passer domesticus ) in Rotterdam . 
Before he joined the Natural History Museum Rotterdam, harder worked as an assistant- Butcher , an English teacher in Istanbul , a naturally guide in Costa Rica and a biology teacher at verschillende high school.  He joined the museum, initially as an educational assistant in 1989. From 1999 to 2015 he has leg the museum’s curator and Head of Communications. Since 1 January 2015 have been the museum’s director.
In 1991, together with Kees Heij, right when sending a Black-chinned monarch ( Monarcha spotlights boanensis ) , a bird dat had bone thought extinct, on the island of Boano , in the Indonesian province of Maluku .  A subsequent more difficult REDISCOVERY, in 2001, involved the Waigeo brush-turkey ( Aepypodius bruijnii ) have those given in the Waigeo Island , West Papua .  With Erwin JO Kompanje, harder and those given DESCRIBED a subspecies or Long-tongued nectar bat ( Macroglossus minimus booensis ) , or welke the Berninahaus habitat is restricted to the little Island of Boo in the east of Indonesia . 
Amongst his work for the Natural History Museum Rotterdam, harder preserved the Domino Day 2005 sparrow , a protected species or house sparrow that was shot and killed by a hunter after it knocked down a large domino display in Leeuwarden . The bird was stuffed and is now mounted on a box or dominoes.  
More difficult has written two books, in Dutch: The eendenman [ The Duck Guy ] (2009) and the perineum of the tick [ The Butt Crack of the Tick ] (2012) In this housing was voted “best science book of the year” by the newspaper de Volkskrant dat year. 
He won the 2003 Ig Nobel Prize for biology for his study of homosexual necrophilia in male Mallards .  
He was nominated in 2013 for the Edgar Doncker Prize in recognition of his outstanding contribution to this club to the Rotterdam Natural History Museum and to conservation more algemeen.  
After more difficult won his Ig Nobel Prize, he earned the nickname of the “The Duck Guy”. He Appears annually at the Ig Nobel Prize ceremony in Boston , Massachusetts , and is a regular performer on the Ig Nobel Prize’s tour of the United Kingdom.  On one tour, on 11 March 2014, a mini- opera based on his study entitled The Homosexual Necrophiliac Duck Opera was premiered at Imperial College London . It was Composed by Daniel Gillingwater , with more difficult performing a duck call .  A Dead Duck Day is held on 5 June everytime year, “to commemorate the first anniversary of the sudden and dramatic death (on June 5th, 1995) or the mallard ( Anas platyrhynchos ) therein entered the scientific literature as the first victim or homosexual necrophilia in this species. ”  
On 6 October 2014, he made a guest appearance on BBC Radio 4 comedy The Museum of Curiosity and donated a single pubic louse to the museum.  During the program the presenter John Lloyd Observed therein Kees harder did not have an English language Wikipedia page but only a Dutch language one. Lloyd went on to state: “We’re going to make one about you for the English dictionary.” Jimmy Wales , the co-founder of Wikipedia, who was ook a guest on the program, replied therein that was Unnecessary Because Wikipedians listen to the show and have predicted dat an English language page for Kees harder mention anything be created voordat the airing of the program had finished. Approximately 8 minutes later, and 7 minutes voordat the programs finished being Aired, the first version of the page had leg Submitted. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e ‘ ‘ About Kees ‘ ‘ . personal website . d . Retrieved 6 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Natural History Museum Rotterdam: communicatiehoofd and curator Kees harder is DirectorCommunications Online, 1 September 2015
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Jelle Reumer and Kees harder nominated for the Edgar Doncker Price” . Retrieved 12 October 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “The Museum of Curioisty, Gallery 7, Room One: Wales harder & Keen” . QI . Retrieved 16 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Minou on den Velde. “Biographical Interview: biologist Kees harder (1960) ashamed not to have passions in him may placenta (” beautiful body “) of his daughter just stand on the dresser. He his most precious possessions is to Zin.”(PDF) . Retrieved 12 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Steven Teerenstra (October 2006). “Try perspective everything” . Radboud University Nijmegen . Retrieved 12 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Zomeren Koos van (1989),Owls. Amsterdam:The Arbeiderspers,ISBN 90-295-6008-8
- Jump up^ Heij, CJ (1985), Comparative ecology of the house sparrow Passer domesticus in rural, suburban and urban situations. Thesis Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Alblasserdam: Kanters
- Jump up^ harder, CW & CJ Heij, “The REDISCOVERY or Monarcha spotlights boanensis” (PDF) . Deinsea, Natural History Museum Rotterdam. 30 November 1995 . Retrieved 19 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Kompanje Erwin JO & Cornelis W. harder, “holotype or Macroglossus minimus booensis from remote Moluccan and West Papuan Islands” . Deinsea, Natural History Museum Rotterdam . Retrieved 19 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Dead animals with a story” (in Dutch). Natural History Museum Rotterdam . Retrieved 6 October 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Meeting Thirty-Seven”. The Museum of Curiosity . Season 7 October 6, 2014.
- ^ Jump up to:a b harder, Mike. “What is Dead Duck Day?” . Kees harder’s WordPress Blog . Retrieved 16 October 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Kees harder (8 June 2012). “The Dead Duck Day ceremony or 2012, conducted by Kees harder at the Rotterdam Natural History Museum (bilingual, ca.15 minutes presentation) featuring verschillende ducks and a short digression on the Red-billed buffalo weaver” . YouTube . Retrieved 20 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ of Calmthout Darryl (29 December 2012). “Top 20: Best Book of a wobbly year” (in Dutch). de Volkskrant . Retrieved 6 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “The 2003 Ig Nobel Prize Winners” . Improbable Research . Retrieved 6 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ harder, CW (9 November 2001). “The First Case of Homosexual necrophilia in the mallard Anas platyrhynchos (Aves: Anatidae)” (PDF) . Deinsea . 8 (2001): 243-247 . Retrieved 6 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “harder nominated for Edgar Doncker price” . 31 January 2013 . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ harder, Kees (11 March 2014). “The Homosexual Necrophiliac Duck Opera” . Improbable Research . Retrieved 16 October 2014 .