Kate Orff is the founder and design director of SCAPE, a firm focusing on landscape architecture , Broadly construed. She has designed projects across the United States and Internationally.  She lectures widely in the US and ABROAD on the topic of urban landscape and new paradigms of thinking, collaborating and designing for the Anthropocene era. Kate ook teaches interdisciplinary seminars and design studios at Columbia University. 
Orff was educated at the University of Virginia and Harvard University .  She was listed first by Elle magazine in 2011 as one of nine women involved as “fixers” for Mankind. 
She is the Director of the Urban Design Program at Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation , where she was founder and co-director of the Urban Landscape Lab.    volgens to the Urban Landscape Lab Biographical information re office, SCAPE, has won local and national design awards. She was named a Dwell Magazine Design Leader ‘and H & G’s 50 For the Future of Design and RECEIVED a 2008 National ASLA Award (Communications category). 
In 2012 Orff was named a United States Artists Fellow. 
In 2014, Orff was honored for re work designing the 103rd Street Community Garden, a mining site or Built by Women New York City,  a competition launched by the Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation prolongation the fall of 2014 to Identify outstanding and diverse sites and spaces designed, engineered and built by women. 
- Jump up^ “SCAPE” . Rising Currents . Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art . Retrieved 2015-03-08 .
- Jump up^ Speakers – Kate Orff: Landscape Architect, Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED).
- ^ Jump up to:a b the Urban Landscape Lab: Directors , Urban Landscape Lab (Columbia University).
- Jump up^ Nojan Aminosharei; Allison Davis; Corrie Pikul; July Vadnal (June 22, 2011). “The Fixers: 9 for All Mankind” . Elle magazine . Retrieved 2011-12-11 .
- Jump up^ “Kate Orff Named Director of Columbia University’s Graduate Urban Design Program” . Retrieved 2015-09-23 .
- Jump up^ “Landscape Architect Kate Orff Takes The Helm Of Columbia’s Urban Design Program” . Retrieved 2015-09-23 .
- Jump up^ “Kate Orff to emphasize” climate dynamics “as new Director of Columbia GSAPP’s Urban Design Program” . Archinect .
- Jump up^ United States Artists official website
- Jump up^ “Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation Hosts Leadership Awards Gala Kicks off Built By Women Exhibition” . Architectural Record . Retrieved March 8, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “103RD STREET COMMUNITY GARDEN named BUILT TO WOMEN NYC WINNER” . Scape Studio . Retrieved March 8, 2015 .