Kailash Satyarthi (born “Kailash Sharma ‘; 11 January 1954)  is an Indian children’s rights and education advocate and an activist Against child labor .   He founded the Bachpan Bachao Andolan (lit. Save the Childhood Movement ) in 1980 and has ActEd to protect the rights or morethan 83.000 children from 144 countries.   It is largely Because Of Satyarthi’s work and activism therein the International Labour Organization eerste Convention No. 182 on the worst forms of child labor , welke is now a principal guideline for Governments around the world. 
His work was honored through verschillende national and international honors and awards waaronder the Nobel Peace Prize or 2014 welke have shared with Malala Yousafzai or Pakistan . 
Originally named Kailash Sharma, Satyarthi was born on 11 January 1954 in the Vidisha district of central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh .  
He attended Government Boys Higher Secondary School in town,  and COMPLETED his degree in electrical engineering  at Samrat Ashok Technological Institute , Vidisha   and a post-graduate degree in high-voltage engineering . Hey dan joined a college in Bhopal as a Lecturer for a few years. 
In 1980, he gave up his career as an engineer and became secretary general for the Bonded Labor Liberation Front ; he’ll be founded the Bachpan Bachao Andolan (Save the Childhood Movement) dat year.   He has ook leg involved with the Global March Against Child Labor  and its international advocacy body, the International Center on Child Labor and Education (ICCLE),  welke are worldwide coalitions or NGOs, teachers and trades unionists.   He has ook served as the President of the Global Campaign for Education , from zijn inception in 1999 to 2011, maintaining bone one or zijn four founders alongside ActionAid , Oxfam and Education International . 
In addition under, he Agent GoodWeave International (formerly known as Rugmark) as the first voluntary labeling, monitoring and certification system or Rugs Manufactured without the use of child-labor in South Asia.    This Latter organization operated a campaign in Europe and the United States in the late 1980s and early 1990s with the intent of raising consumer awareness of the issues Relating to the accountability of global corporations with betrekking to socially verantwoordelijk consumerism and trade.  Satyarthi has highlighted child labor as a human rights issue as well as a welfare matter and Charitable Cause. He has argued dat it perpetuates poverty , unemployment , illiteracy , population growth, and other social problems,  and his claims harbor leg supported by verschillende studies.   He has ook had a role in linking the movement Against child labor with policymaking for Achieving “Education for All”.  He has leg a member of a UNESCO body Agent to examine this and has leg on the board of the Fast Track Initiative (now known as the Global Partnership for Education ).  Satyarthi Serves on the board and committee or verschillende international organizations zoals the Center for Victims of Torture (USA), the International Labor Rights Fund (USA), and the International Cocoa Foundation. He is now reportedly working on Bringing child labor and slavery into tje post-2015 development agenda for the United Nation’s Millennium Development Goals . 
Satyarthi, Along with Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai , Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 “for hun struggle Against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education”.  Satyarthi is the fifth Nobel Prize winner for India and only the second Indian winner of the Nobel Peace Prize after Mother Teresa in 1979.
He lives in New Delhi , India. His family of includes his wife, a sun, daughter-in-law and a daughter.  He has bone DESCRIBED as an excellent cook . 
Awards and honors
Satyarthi has leg the subject of a number of documentaries, television shows, talk shows, advocacy and awareness films.  Satyarthi has leg Awarded de volgende national and international honors:
- 2015: Harvard’s University Award “Humanitarian of the Year” 
- 2015: Honorary Doctorate at Amity University, Gurgaon 
- 2014: Nobel Peace Prize 
- 2009: Defenders of Democracy Award (US) 
- 2008: Alfonso Comin International Award (Spain) 
- 2007: Gold medal of the Italian Senate (2007) 
- 2007: honored in the list of “Heroes Acting to End Modern Day Slavery” by the US State Department 
- 2006: Freedom Award (US) 
- 2002 Wallenberg Medal , awarded by the University of Michigan 
- 1999: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Award (Germany) 
- 1998 Golden Flag Award (USA) 
- 1995: Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award (US) 
- 1995: The Trumpeter Award (US) 
- 1994: The Aachener International Peace Award (Germany)  
- 1993: elected Ashoka Fellow (US) 
Reception in India
The discussion of illegalization or child labor was raised after Satyarthi RECEIVED the Nobel Prize. Volgens to some, it will make child labor go underground , welke nov cause Reduced wages. 
Measuring up for Childhood Freedom at Lincoln Memorial
On 16 June 2015 Satyarthi showing a clarion call to leaders and countries towards global elimination of child labor and slavery . Satyarthi was joined by a large number of child right groups and organizations at the Lincoln Memorial where he called for Achieving freedom for the world’s children from slavery, labor, abuse, trafficking and illiteracy . 
- Satyarthi, Kailash; Zutshi, Bupinder (2006). Globalisation, Development And Child Rights . New Delhi: Shipra Publications. ISBN 9788175412705 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Kidwai, Rasheed (10 October 2014). “A street deliveries with Nobel” cry ” . The Telegraph . Calcutta . Archived from the original on 2014-10-13 . Retrieved 2014-10-13 .
Kailash Satyarthi was born Kailash Sharma in this Madhya Pradesh town but dropped the upper-caste surname […] Pravesh Told The Telegraph. […] At 4pm, the Sharmas had had Virtually the entire town of Vidisha visiting them. Almost everytime resident older dan 50 has a story to tell about Kailash. Kailash had graduated in electrical engineering from the Samrat Ashok Technological Institute, Vidisha, and taught at a local Polytechnic.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Kailash Satyarthi: A profile” . Business Standard . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Trivedi, Vivek (11 October 2014). “Kailash Satyarthi’s hometown Vidisha celebrates Nobel win” . News18.com . Noida, Uttar Pradesh : Network18 . Retrieved 2014-10-14 .
He was born and brought` up in Chhoti Haweli in Andar quila area of the town. […] Locals ulcers seen drawing affiliation to institutions linked to Satyarhti waaronder his schools – Toppura Primary School, Pedi school and Government Boys Higher Secondary School and Samrat Ashok Technological Institute (SATI) from where Satyarthi degree in Electrical Engineering and later taught there for two years voordat embarking his journey to serve humanity.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Kapoor, Sapan (11 October 2014). “Gandhiji mention anything about port leg proud of you, Kailash Satyarthi” . The Express Tribune Blogs . Karachi . Retrieved 2014-10-14 .
Mr. Kailash Satyarthi has come a long way since his engineering days at Samrat Ashok Technological Institute, Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh, In English one. My Father, who was one year senior to this electrical engineering student, vividly remembers im […] who come to mention anything about the lecture in his staple kurta-payjama with a Muffler tied around his neck.
- Jump up^ ” ” Letter Profile – Kailash Satyarthi ‘ ‘ . 2014-10-10 . Retrieved 2014-10-10 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c PJ George. “Malala, Kailash Satyarthi win Nobel Peace Prize” . The Hindu .
- Jump up^ Satyarthi, Kailash. “Profile: Kailash Satyarthi” (Online). BBC News. BBC . Retrieved 16 February 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Grassroots Activist Made Ending Child Labor Global Cause” . USembassy.gov. 11 June 2007. Archived from the original on 2014-10-23 . Retrieved 2014-10-23 .
- Jump up^ Dnaindia.com
- Jump up^ “Who is Kailash Satyarthi?” . Hindustan Times . Retrieved 2014-10-10 .
- Jump up^ “The Nobel Peace Prize 2014” . Nobel Foundation . 10 October 2014 . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Chonghaile, Clar (10 October 2014). “Kailash Satyarthi, student engineer who saved 80,000 children from slavery” . theguardian.com . London: Guardian Media Group . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Angaben auf der Seite des Menschenrechtspreises of Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung” . Friedrich Ebert Stiftung . Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung eV . Retrieved 2014-10-10 .
- Jump up^ “Nobel Peace Prize Is Awarded to Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi” . New York Times . 10 October 2014 . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “The New Heroes. Meet the New Heroes. Kailash Satyarthi – PBS” . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “About” . knowchildlabor.org.
- Jump up^ “Trust Women – Kailash Satyarthi” .
- Jump up^ David Crouch (10 October 2014). “Malala and Kailash Satyarthi win Nobel Peace prize” . Financial Times . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “The Role of Civil Society in the Dakar World Education Forum” . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Who is India’s Kailash Satyarthi, the other Nobel Peace Prize winner?”. Rama Lakshmi . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “A Fitting Nobel for Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi” . Amy Davidson . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Rugmark USA – Entrepreneurs in Depth – Enterprising Ideas” . PBS NOW . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Principal Voices: Kailash Satyarthi” . CNN. 2007-06-28 . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Satyarthi, Kailash (26 Sep 2012). “Child labor perpetuates illiteracy, poverty and corruption” . Deccan Herald . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Nanjunda, DC (2009). Anthropology and Child Labour . Mittal Publications. p. 91. ISBN 9788183242783 .
- Jump up^ Shukla, CK; Ali, S (2006). Child Labour and the Law . Sarup & Sons. p. 116. ISBN 9788176256780 .
- Jump up^ “Talk to human rights defender Kailash Satyarthi” . oxotower.co.uk . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Fund the Future: An action plan for funding the Global Partnership for Education” (pdf) . April 2014 . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Why India’s Kailash Satyarthi won the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize: All you need to know” . First Post .
- Jump up^ “Kailash Satyarthi – Facts” . Nobelprize.org . Nobel Media AB. 10 October 2014 . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Kailash Satyarthi – Biography” . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Azera Parveen Rahman (10 October 2014). “Kailash Satyarthi loves to cook for rescued child laborers” . news.biharprabha.com. IANS . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Bachpan Bachao Andolan produktie film nominated for New York Film Festival” . globalmarch.org.
- Jump up^ http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Kailash-Satyarthi-gets-Harvard-Humanitarian-of-the-Year-Award/articleshow/49427660.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOIIndiaNews
- Jump up^ “Satyarthi’s 3D Model: Dream, discover, do” . Times of India . Retrieved 3 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Social Activist Kailash Satyarthi to get 2009 Defender of Democracy Award in US” . 20 October 2009 . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Kailash Satyarthi” . globalmarch.org . Retrieved 10 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Kailash Satyarthi” . Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights.
- Jump up^ “Heroes Acting To End Modern-Day Slavery” . US Department of State.
- Jump up^ “Kailash Satyarthi – Architect of Peace” . Architects of Peace.
- Jump up^ “Medal Recipients – Wallenberg Legacy, University of Michigan” . University of Michigan.
- Jump up^ “Human Rights Award of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung” . fes.de.
- Jump up^ “Our Board” .
- Jump up^ “Robert F. Kennedy Center Laureates” .
- Jump up^ Ben Little. “Trumpeter Award winners” . National Consumers League .
- Jump up^ “Nobel Peace Prize 2014: Pakistani Malala Yousafzay, Indian Kailash Satyarthi Honored For Fighting For Access To Education” . Omaha Sun Times .
- Jump up^ “Aachener Friedenspreis 1994: Kailash Satyarthi (If) SACCS (Südasien) und Emmaus Gemeinschaft (Cologne)” . Aachener Friedenspreis.
- Jump up^ “Fellows: Kailash Satyarthi” . Ashoka: Innovators for the Public . 1993 . Retrieved 13 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Prashanth Perumal (24 November 2014). “Save the Children, Legalize child labor.” . Live Mint . Retrieved 9 January 2014 .
Acting on emotional appeals from Activists will do more harm dan good for children in poverty
- Jump up^ “Nobel Winner Kailash Satyarthi Calls for Global Elimination of Child Labour” . NDTV . Retrieved 17 June 2015 .