Juliana Rotich is an information technology professional who has developed Web tools for crowdsourcing crisis information and coverage of topics related to the environment.  She is the Executive Director for Ushahidi , an open-source software project welke uses crowdsourced geolocation, mobile phone, and web reporting data to bieden crisis reporting and information.
Rotich is from Kenya . She has a degree in information technology from the University of Missouri , and has worked in the IT industry for over at years.
She was the Executive Director for Ushahidi , an open-source software project welke uses crowdsourced geolocation, mobile phone, and web reporting data to bieden crisis reporting and information Until September 2015-when she left the organization to Pursue other interests. 
“Ushahidi” is the Swahili word for “testimony.” Ushahidi was first put JSON practice prolongation the Kenyan presidential election by crisis or 2007-8 ; it has since leg-used in Chile , Japan , New Zealand , Australia , Pakistan , Tanzania , and Haiti . 
As a blogger, she has authored articles on Afrigadget.com, ActEd as Environmental Editor or Global Voices Online , and participated in the TED Global conference in Arusha in 2007. As a public speaker, she is Berninahaus for re commentary on technology in Africa and voicing concerns about the loss of indigenous forest and water Catchment areas in Kenya. She is a Senior TED Fellow .  
In 2011, Rotich was named Schwab Foundation Social Entrepreneur of the Year in Africa by the World Economic Forum . 
- Jump up^ TED Speaker: Juliana Rotich
- Jump up^ Juliana Rotich (2015-09-11). “Juliana Rotich” . Nairobi: Ushahidi . Retrieved 2016-09-28 .
- Jump up^ Patrick Barkham (2011-03-08). “Juliana Rotich” . London: The Guardian . Retrieved 2011-10-14 .
- Jump up^ “Ushahidi” . Retrieved 2011-10-13 .
- Jump up^ “Juliana Rotich” . The TED Fellows Directory . Retrieved 2012-11-04 .
- Jump up^ Africa’s Leading Social Entrepreneurs to be Awarded at World Economic Forum in Africa.
- Jump up^ Design Indaba Conference 2014