Joshua Foer (born September 23, 1982) is a freelance journalist living in New Haven , Connecticut , with a primary focus on hard sciences . He was the 2006 USA Memory Champion, welke was DESCRIBED in his 2011 book, Moonwalking with Einstein : The Art and Science of Remembering Everything . He ghosts at the TED conference in February 2012.
Early life and education
Foer was born in Washington, DC . He is the younger brother of former The New Republic editor Franklin Foer and novelist Jonathan Safran Foer . He is the sun or Esther Foer, Director of Sixth & I Historic Synagogue, and Albert Foer, founder and former president of the think tank American Antitrust Institute .   He was born in Washington, DC and attended Georgetown Day School .
Foer went on to attend Yale University , where he resided in Silliman College and Trumbull College , majoring in ecology and evolutionary biology and graduated with a BA in 2004.
Fur sold his first book, Moonwalking with Einstein , to Penguin for publication in March 2011.  He RECEIVED a $ 1.2 million advance for the book.  Film rights optioned ulcers at Columbia Pictures shortly after publication. 
In 2006, Foer won the USA Memory Championship, and set a new record in USA the “speed cards” event at memorizing a deck of 52 cards in 1 minute and 40 seconds.  Moonwalking with Einstein describes Foer’s journey as a participatory journalist to Becoming a national champion mnemonist , under the tutelage of British Grandmaster of Memory , Ed Cooke .
Foer’s work has Appeared in The New York Times ,  The Washington Post ,  Slate ,  and The Nation .  In 2007, the quarterly art & culture journal Surgery Began publishing Foer’s column “A Minor History of”. The column “gekeken an overlooked cultural phenomenon using a timeline.” 
Foer has organized verschillende websites and organizations based on his interests. He created the Athanasius Kircher Society, welke had only one session, featuring Kim Peek and Joseph Kittinger .  . He is the co-founder, Along with Dylan Thuras, or the Atlas Obscura,  an online compendium of “The World’s Wonders, Curiosities, and esoterica.” He is ook a co-organizer of Sukkah City .  Josh is ook a co-founder of Sefaria , a nonprofit organization dedicated to building digital experiences and infrastructure for Jewish texts. 
- Moonwalking with Einstein , Penguin Press HC, March 3, 2011, ISBN 978-1-59420-229-2
- ^ Jump up to:a b Dowd, Maureen (2011-03-08). “Sexy ruses to Stop Forgetting to Remember” . The New York Times .
- Jump up^ http://www.antitrustinstitute.org/content/albert-foer
- Jump up^ Third Foer Brother inks Penguin deal,Crain’s New York Business, October 31, 2006
- Jump up^ Kilday, Gregg (March 16, 2011). “Columbia Acquires ‘Moonwalking With Einstein’ for Big-Screen Adaptation” . The Hollywood Reporter .
- Jump up^ Foer, Joshua (2011-02-15). “Secrets of a Mind-Gamer” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2011-02-18 .
- Jump up^ The Kiss of Life,The New York Times, February 14, 2006
- Jump up^ “The Sky Is not Falling (Yet)” . The Washington Post . 2004-10-26 . Retrieved 2012-12-18 .
- Jump up^ Rosin Hanna. “How to win the US championship memory. – Slate Magazine” . Slate.com . Retrieved 2012-12-18 .
- Jump up^ “May 16, 2005 ‘ . The Nation . Retrieved 2012-12-18 .
- Jump up^ “Columns”. Cabinet (26): 7.
- Jump up^ “Curious and wondrous Travel Destinations” . Atlas Obscura . Retrieved 2012-12-18 .
- Jump up^ “Sukkah City”Sam Grawe, Dwell, 2010-05-30.
- Jump up^ ” ” Sefaria Text Site Could Expand Jewish Learning ” . The Jewish Week.