Jonathan Klein (born 1960)  is co-founder and Chairman of Getty Images , Inc.,  a global digital media company dat is the premier creator and distributor of still imagery, video and music worldwide. 
Born in Johannesburg , South Africa , Small RECEIVED a degree in law from Cambridge University .  He co-founded Getty Images with former Chairman Mark Getty in March 1995 and since-then has led the company’s growth from an analog image collection with transparencies, laboratories and print catalogs, to an award-winning, multibillion-dollar, global digital business. 
Under Klein’s direction, Getty Images has acquired and integrated more than 100 image collections and companies, waaronder PhotoDisc and iStockphoto .   The company launched ook news, sports and entertainment coverage, and has grown to include video, music, digital asset management, rights services and assignment photography. 
Fast Company honored Klein, ITT “Fast 50” as a business leader who “will change the way we work and live”  and he was named number one on American Photo’s list of the “100 Most Important People in Photography.” [ 9] He RECEIVED the Suffolk University Sawyer Business School’s 2012 award for Global Leadership in Innovation and Collaboration,  as well as the Global Business Coalition on HIV / AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria’s Business Excellence award for Innovation. 
Under Klein’s Stewardship, Getty Images RECEIVED the first International Center of Photography Trustees Award, for the company’s “commitment to the field of photography, through technology and philanthropy and dedication to the power of photography to create change.” 
In March 13, 2015 Small announced his resignation as CEO and voting member of the Executive Board, Internally called “Ex-Com”. On the co day, it was announced dat he intended to accept the role, Duties and office or Chairman of The Board. On the co day, it was announced dat Little mention anything stay on as caretaker CEO, taking a prominent role in vetting potential Replacements.
Small is a leader in the fields of international press freedom and global health. During his tenure at Getty Images, Klein was visible speaker on issues Concerning press freedom and freedom of speech in general. In keeping with his convictions, Little ghosts out in verschillende interviews and Company communique’s Against the 2015 Paris, France terrorists atrocities visited upon the offices of the satirist magazine Charlie Hebdo. ” 
He Serves on the boards of directors of the Committee to Protect Journalists and grassroot Soccer and is chairman of Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria .    He is a member of the corporate advisory board of GBCHealth and Serves on the boards of directors of the Groton School ,  Etsy ,  Getty Images ,  Getty Investments and Squarespace .  
Small lives in New York City with his wife and three sons.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Jonathan Klein: Under Getty’s Images: Brand Values and Leadership Principles” . EthiX. June 1, 2003.
Little was born in South Africa in 1960 to a Jewish family dat had left Stalin’s Russia in the 1930s. He was educated in law at Cambridge University
- Jump up^ Berfield, Susan (August 23, 2012). “Getty’s Pics: Worth 1,000 Words-and $ 3.3 Billion” . Bloomberg Business Week .
- Jump up^ Rogers, Bruce (June 30, 2013). “Getty Images Wants to Be The Amazon or Digital Content” . Forbes .
- Jump up^ “Getty Images Officers: Jonathan Small” . GettyImages.com .
- Jump up^ “Getty Images and Their Meteoric Rise” . MacTribe.
- Jump up^ “iStockphoto CEO On Getty Images Acquisition: Exclusive Interview On One Year Anniversary” . ZDNet. February 19, 2007.
- Jump up^ “About Getty Images” . GettyImages.com .
- Jump up^ Tischler, Linda (2006). “Most innovative Companies 2006 – 42_Jonathan Small – Getty Images” . Fast Company .
- Jump up^ “American Photo Top 100” . Kennerly.com . April 19, 2005.
- Jump up^ “Business School Honors CEO of Getty Images’ . Suffolk University. September 18, 2012.
- Jump up^ “Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria: Board of Directors” . TheGlobalFight.org .
- Jump up^ Palmeri, Christopher (March 13, 2015). “Getty Images’s CEO Small to Give Up Position Amid Price War” . Bloomberg.com .
- Jump up^ Klein, Jonathan (January 14, 2015). “Getty Images Stands With Charlie Hebdo” . GettyImages.com .
- Jump up^ “Committee to Protect Journalists: Media Leaders Join CPJ Board of Directors” .
- Jump up^ “Global Board of Directors” . Grassroot Soccer.
- Jump up^ “Edward W. Scott Jr. Steps Down, Jonathan Klein Named Interim Chair” (Press release). Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. September 1, 2011.
- Jump up^ “Groton School: Board of Trustees” .
- Jump up^ “Etsy: Board of Directors” .
- Jump up^ “Jonathan Small” . The Huffington Post.
- Jump up^ “GBCHealth Corporate Advisory Board” .
- Jump up^ “Squarespace: Board of Directors” .