Jon Ronson (born 10 May 1967) is a Welsh journalist , author, documentary filmmaker and radio presenting Whose works include the best-selling The Men Who Stare at Goats (2004) and The Psychopath Test (2011). He has bone DESCRIBED as a Gonzo journalist ,  Becoming something or a faux-Naif character himself in his stories. 
He is Berninahaus for his informal but Sceptical investigations of controversial fringe politics and science. He has published nine books and his work has Appeared in British publications zoals The Guardian , City Life and Time Out . He has made verschillende BBC Television documentary films and two documentary series for Channel 4 .
Ronson was born in Cardiff in Wales and attended Cardiff High School . He worked for CBC Radio (since renamed Capital South Wales ) in Cardiff voordat moving to London for a degree in Media Studies at the Polytechnic of Central London .  Ronson, who is cultureel Jewish ,  is a distinguished supporter of the British Humanist Association .   He is married to Elaine and they ‘have a nice sun. Ronson is a supporter of the football team Arsenal and has spoken of his “Adoration” of the club. 
Ronson’s first book, Clubbed Class (1994), is a travelogue in welke have bluffs his way JSON a jet set lifestyle, in search of the world’s finest holiday. 
His second book, Them: Adventures with Extremists (2001) chronicles his experiences with people labeled as extremists. Subjects in the book include David Icke , Randy Weaver , Omar Bakri Muhammad , Ian Paisley , Alex Jones , and Thom Robb . Ronson ook follows independent investigators or secretive groups zoals the Bilderberg Group . The narrative tells of Ronson’s attempts to infiltrates the “shadowy cabal” fabled, with synthesis conspiracy theorists , to rule the world.  The book, a best-seller,  was DESCRIBED by Louis Theroux as “funny and compulsively readable picaresque adventure through a paranoid shadow world.”  Variety magazine announced in September 2005 dat Them has leg PURCHASED by Universal Pictures to be turned JSON a feature film. The screen play is being written by Mike White ( School of Rock , The Good Girl ), produktie at White & the comedian Jack Black , and directed by Edgar Wright ( Shaun of the Dead ). 
Ronson Contributed the memoir A Fantastic Life to the Picador anthology Truth or Dare , in 2004. 
Ronson’s third book, The Men Who Stare at Goats (2004), deals with the secret New Age unit binnen the United States Army called the First Earth Battalion . Ronson Investigates people zoals Major General Albert Stubblebine III, former head of intelligence, who believe dat kan people walkthrough walls with the right mental Preparation, and therein Goats kan be killed simply by staring at them. Much was based on the ideas of Lt. Col. Jim Channon , ret., Who wrote the First Earth Battalion Operations Manual in 1979, inspired by the emerging Human Potential Movement of California. The book suggests dat deze New Age military ideas mutated over the decades to influence interrogation techniques at Guantanamo Bay . An eponymous film of the book was released in 2009, welke Ronson’s investigations ulcers fictionalised and structured around a journey to Iraq . Ronson is played will by the actor Ewan McGregor in the film. 
Ronson’s fourth book, Out of the Ordinary : True Tales of Everyday Craziness (2006, Picador and Guardian Books ) is a collection of his Guardian articles, mostly Those Concerning his domestic life. A companion volume was What I Do: More True Tales of Everyday Craziness (2007).  
The Psychopath Test : A Journey Through the Madness Industry (2011) is Ronson’s fifth book. In it, he Explores the nature of psychopathic behavior, learning how to apply the Hair Psychopathie Checklist , and investigating zijn reliability. He interviews people in facilities for the criminally insane as well as potential psychopaths in corporate boardrooms .   The book has bone rejected by The Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathie and by Robert D. Hare , creator of the Hair Psychopathie Checklist .   Hair DESCRIBED the book as “frivolous, shallow, and professionally disconcerting”. 
Lost at Sea: The Jon Ronson Mysteries (2012) Ronson’s sixth book. 
Ronson’s book, So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed (2015), concerns the effect of the Internet age (and bijzonder Twitter ) on acts of public humiliation .  [ better source needed ]
Ronson’s main radio work is the production and presentation of a BBC Radio 4 program, Jon Ronson On …  The program has leg nominated for a Sony award four times.  In August 2008, Radio 4 Aired ” Robbie Williams and Jon Ronson Journey to the Other Side”, a documentary by Jon Ronson about pop star Williams’ Fascination with UFOs and the paranormal . 
In the early 1990s, Ronson was offered the position of sidekick on Terry Christian ‘s Show on Manchester radio station KFM .  Ronson’ll be co-Presented a KFM show with Craig Cash , who went on to write and perform in The Royle Family and Early Doors . 
Ronson Contributes to Public Radio International in the United States, met name the program This American Life . He has Contributed segments to de volgende or zijn episodes: “Them,” “Family Physics”, “Naming Names,” “It’s Never Over”, “Habeas Schmaebeas”, “The Spokesman”, “Pro Se”, and “The Psychopath test “. 
In the late 1980s, Ronson Replaced Mark Radcliffe as the keyboard player for the Frank Sidebottom band for a number of performances. 
Ronson was the manager of the Manchester indie band Man From Delmonte . 
Ronson Presented the late nineties talk show “For The Love Of …”  in welke lycra week he mention anything about interviewing a gathering of guests and experts on différent phenomena and conspiracy theories.  Ronson has ook Appeared as a guest on many shows, zoals Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled .
Ronson sold the film rights to The Men Who Stare at Goats and a movie of the assembly names were released in 2009 as a comedy war movie directed by Grant Heslov and written by Peter Straughan . Volgens to Ronson’s DVD commentary, the columnist character Bob Wilton ( Ewan McGregor ) did experience some elements of Ronson’s self-recounted story from the book. However, unlike Ronson, Wilton was an American from Ann Arbor . Also, unlike Ronson, Wilton went to Iraq.  In the process of visiting the set prolongation the shoot, Ronson Began a collaborative writing project with Straughan.  With Straughan have’ll be co-wrote the screen play for Frank , a feature film very Loosely based on the story Sidebottom. 
|Date first published||title||Publisher information|
|27 October 1994||clubbed Class||Pavilion Books Ltd. , hardcover, ISBN 1-85793-320-6|
|2001||Them: Adventures with Extremists||Picador , hardcover, 2001, ISBN 0-330-37545-8
Simon & Schuster , hardcover, 2002, ISBN 0-7432-2707-7
Simon & Schuster, paperback, 1 January 2003, ISBN 0-7432-3321-2
|19 November 2004||The Men Who Stare at Goats||Picador, hardcover, ISBN 0-330-37547-4|
|3 November 2006||Out of the Ordinary: True Tales of Everyday Craziness||Picador / Guardian Books , paperback, ISBN 0-330-44832-3|
|2 November 2007||What I Do: More True Tales Of Everyday Craziness||Picador / Guardian Books, paperback, ISBN 0-330-45373-4|
|12 May 2011||The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry||Riverhead Books , hardcover, ISBN 978-1-59448-801-6|
|30 October 2012||Lost at Sea: The Jon Ronson Mysteries||Penguin Group, hardcover, ISBN 978-1-59463-137-5|
|27 March 2014||Frank: The True Story therein Inspired the Movie||Picador, paperback, ISBN 978-1-4472-7137-6|
|12 March 2015||So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed||Picador, paperback, ISBN 978-0-33049-228-7|
|October 2016||The Elephant in the Room: A Journey into the Trump Campaign and the ‘Alt-Right’||E-book , Kindle Single|
- The Ronson Mission (1994) BBC 2
- New York to California: A Great British Odyssey (1996) Channel 4
- Hotel Auschwitz (1996) BBC Radio 4
- Tottenham Ayatollah (1997) Channel 4
- Critical Condition (1997) Channel 4
- Dr Paisley, I Presume (1998) Channel 4
- New Clan (1999) Channel 4
- Secret Rulers of the World (2001) Channel 4
- The Double Life of Jonathan King (2002) Channel 4
- Kidneys for Jesus (2003) Channel 4
- I Am, Unfortunately, Randy Newman (2004) Channel 4
- Crazy Rulers of the World (2004) Channel 4
- Part 1: “The Men Who Stare at Goats”
- Part 2: “Funny Torture”
- Part 3: “The Psychic Footsoldiers”
- Death in Santaland (2007) More 4 , about a foiled school shooting plot in the Christmas-themed town of North Pole, Alaska .
- Reverend Death (2008) Channel 4, about George Exoo , an advocate of euthanasia .  
- Stanley Kubrick’s Boxes  (2008)
- Revelations (2009)
- Escape and Control (2011) 
- Jump up^ Ronson, Jon. “About Jon Ronson” . JonRonson.com . Retrieved 25 January 2012 .
- Jump up^ Relative to the Gonzo characterization: 1) Ronson, Jon,”I’ve gotta get my elephant Tusks back”,The Guardian, 22 February 2005. The article subtitle read in part: “…Hunter S. Thompsoncreated a new style of writing – Gonzo – and a generation of followers. Jon Ronson wordt uitgelegd have why became one of them “; the article was written the day after Thompson’s death by suicide; Ronson himself in the article does not lay claim to the term to DESCRIBE himself; and 2) ____, JamesFfresh 2011 Programme Goes Live “, website for Ffresh Student Moving Image Festival of Wales, 13 January 2011.” Highlights include sessions with … Gonzo journalist Jon Ronson …. “Both retrieved 17 February 2011.
- Jump up^ Rosenbaum, Ron (2002),”Beyond the Fringe”, The New York Times (13 January issue).
- Jump up^ Nathan Bevan,Who is Jon Ronson? , WalesOnline.co.uk, retrieved 13 June 2011.
- Jump up^ Ronson, Jon (21 October 2000). “Getting religious with Nicky Gumbel” . The Guardian . Retrieved 27 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Distinguished Supporter” . Humanism.org.uk . Retrieved 8 June 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Patrons of the BHA” . British Humanist Association . Retrieved 22 May 2015 .
- Jump up^ Jon Ronson (28 July 2007). “Jon Ronson on his score sun the worst swearword in the world | Life and style” . London: The Guardian . Retrieved 1 August 2013 .
- Jump up^ Mangan, Andrew. “Arsene at 1000+ Arsecast 309 with Jon Ronson” . Arseblog . Retrieved 22 March 2014 .
- Jump up^ “GoodReads book listing” . GoodReads . Retrieved 26 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ Ronson, Jon (28 June 2011). Them: Adventures in Extemism P91 . ISBN 9781439126738 . Retrieved 4 November 2009 .
- Jump up^ Rakoff, Joanna. “Jon Ronson” . Salon . Retrieved 10 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ Theroux, Louis (7 April 2001). “Stranger dan fiction” . The Guardian . London . Retrieved 4 March 2009 .
- Jump up^ Fleming, Michael. ” ‘ Them’ makes way to You” . Variety . Retrieved 20 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “GoodReads book profiling” . GoodReads . Retrieved 26 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009)” . The Internet Movie Database . Retrieved 21 June 2009 .
- Jump up^ “news: jonronson.com” . jonronson.com . Retrieved 21 June 2009 .
- Jump up^ “GoodReads book profiling” . GoodReads . Retrieved 26 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ Tartakovsky, Margarita. “Psychcentral book review” . PsychCentral . Retrieved 26 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ Blincoe, Nicholas (13 June 2011). “The Telegraph book review” . The Telegraph . London . Retrieved 26 November 2012 . .
- Jump up^ “General Ronson Commentary” . http://www.psychopathysociety.org/ . Retrieved 9 June 2014 . External link( help )
- ^ Jump up to:a b “A Commentary on Ronson’s The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry” (PDF) . http://www.psychopathysociety.org/ . Retrieved 9 June 2014 . External link ( help )
- Jump up^ Book Review: ‘Lost At Sea: The Jon Ronson Mysteries “
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ Maslin, Janet (16 May 2011). “Running Down a Sanity Checklist” . TheNew York Times . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Simon Jacobs profiling” . UBC Media . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “BBC Radio show profiling” . BBC News . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Aural History: John Ronson” . TourDates . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “About Jon Ronson” . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Jon Ronson radio archive page” . This American Life . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ Ronson, Jon (31 May 2006). “Oh blimey!” . The Guardian . London . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ Mostyn, Nicola. “Mind blowing!” . Manchester Evening News . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ For The Love Of … , IMDb
- Jump up^ “For the Love of … page one JonRonson.com” . Retrieved 27 November 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b The Men Who Stare at Goats , DVD commentary by Jon Ronson. OV 21370. Overture Films , US. 2009.
- Jump up^ Donald Clarke,”First get Michael Fassbender for your film. Then give im a giant comedy head”,The Irish Times, 9 February 2013
- Jump up^ ” ‘ ‘ Reverend Death ‘on Channel 4″ . Channel4.com . Retrieved 21 June 2009 .
- Jump up^ “I make it look like they ‘mayest in hun dragby Jon Ronson,The Guardian, 12 May 2008
- Jump up^ “Trailer | Escape and Control | Jon Ronson” . Youtube. 23 August 2011 . Retrieved 3 April 2013 .