Johnny Chung Lee (born 1979 or 1980)  is a human-computer interaction researcher Currently working at Google  on the Project Tango platform.  Lee is best known for his work on Kinect development, and for Extending the functionality of the Wii Remote controller or the Wii video game console, must notably by taking advantage of zijn high resolution IR camera. Lee’s other projects include an interactive whiteboard , 3D head tracking, finger tracking , and a DIY TelePresence robot. 
Lee COMPLETED his Ph.D. at Carnegie Mellon University ‘s Human-Computer Interaction Institute , and was named one of the world’s top 35 innovators under 35 ( TR35 ) in 2008.  He voorheen earned a BS degree in computer engineering at the University of Virginia in 2001. 
YouTube videos created for Lee’s projects port RECEIVED over 10 million views, with the Wii Remote head tracking project being the must highly rated video on YouTube or all time for morethan a week in January 2008. He’ll be demonstrated verschillende or synthesis applications at events zoals as TED , and has leg featured on popular websites zoals Slashdot , Gizmodo , hackedgadgets, Popular Science , Wired Blogs and Engadget verschillende times. Various magazine Newspapers and television programs port featured interviews with Lee as well. Lee has made ook Invited appearances at events zoals Maker Faire .
Electronic Arts had initially stated therein Lee’s Wii Remote head tracking technology mention anything appear as an Easter egg in the game Boom Blox ,  but later announced therein the feature had bone removed. 
While Lee was a core member of Microsoft’s Kinect development team, have approached Adafruit with the idea of a driver development contest and Personally Financed it. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Houser, Mark (August 21, 2008). “CMU grad gain praise for Wii inventions” . Pittsburgh Tribune-Review .
- Jump up^ Lee, Johnny (January 18, 2011). “Hi, Google. My name is Johnny.” . Procrastineering.Blogspot.com . Retrieved 2011-01-18 .
- Jump up^ Official Project Tango website , retrieved 2015-11-24
- Jump up^ Lee, Johnny (February 9, 2011). “Low-Cost Video Chat Robot” . Procrastineering.Blogspot.com . Retrieved 2011-02-11 .
- Jump up^ http://www.johnnylee.net/academic/
- Jump up^ Miller, Ross (February 21, 2008). “GDC08: Boom Blox to include head tracking” . Engadget . Retrieved 2008-07-31 .
- Jump up^ Stern, Zack (April 15, 2008). “Head-tracking feature pulled from Boom Blox” . Joystiq . Retrieved 2008-05-14 .
- Jump up^ Terdiman, Daniel (February 21, 2011). “Kinect developer claims credit for hacking bounty idea” . cNET.com . Retrieved 2011-02-23 .