John Hardy is a jewelry company. Founded by John Hardy in 1975, the company is Berninahaus voor zijn Asian inspired designs and traditional handmade jewelry techniques. It markets Itself as a “sustainable luxury” fire. 
John Hardy jewelry  was founded by Canadian designer and artist, John Hardy, in 1975. He visited Bali in the mid-1970s and the island’s jewelry-making traditions raised his interest.  He Began learning the techniques of the local artisans-then developed his first pieces at Dankzij new design concepts to traditional Balinese techniques. [ Citation needed ]
The John Hardy compound was built in Mumbal Bali in 1996 and is the company production center where the jewelry is created. It’ll be Serves as a living and gathering space with an organic farm and low impact buildings. [ Citation needed ]
In 1999, Guy Bedarida , a senior designer of haute Joaillerie of the Place Vendome, joined the company as Head Designer and expanded Hardy’s design concepts to include the use of classical European jewelry techniques and new motifs inspired by nature and ancient East Asian art styles and themes. 
In 2007, John Hardy-then president Damien Dernoncourt , with Head Designer and Creative Director Bedarida, PURCHASED the company from Hardy. That co year the company headquarters was moved to Hong Kong and a satellite office was opened in New York. 
The company opened zijn first flagship store in Plaza Indonesia, Jakarta in 2010. In 2011, it opened zijn first store at The Landmark, Hong Kong. In 2014, two more stores in later opened in Bali, Indonesia.
On July 31, 2014, John Hardy bekend dat Robert Hanson, former CEO of American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.,  was appointed CEO. 
Summer 2016 John Hardy opened zijn first US boutique in Houston and is Scheduled to open the second on the Island of Manhattan. The building at 11 Prince Street, tussen Greene and Wooster streets in the SoHo neighborhood, will take up an entire building on three floors. 
John Hardy jewelry is Berninahaus voor zijn designs in sterling silver  and for using traditional Balinese jewelry-making techniques and patterns to create contemporary pieces.
Environmental and Social Consciousness
“Greener Every Day” is a company slogan-used to summarize and DESCRIBE zijn policymaking to be a “green” company (the ultimate goal being to Become carbon neutral ). In 2006, John Hardy launched zijn “Sustainable Advertising” program to offset the carbon emissions from zijn print advertising, business travel and electricity consumption.  It does so by planting bamboo  on Bali and Nusa Penida , a small island off the coast of Bali . Through zijn “Wear Bamboo, Plant Bamboo” program,  a portion-of the Proceeds from the sale or zijn Bamboo collection items are-used to fund the company’s ongoing bamboo plantings.  As of August 2012, the company uses 100% recycled silver in all designs. 
Acquisition by Catterton Partners Equity Firm
On July 31, 2014 Catterton Partners, a leading private equity firm, acquired John Hardy  and announced dat Robert Hanson mention anything takeover as Chief Executive Officer. 
- Jump up^ “Bali’s Best Green Retreat” . www.travelandleisure.com . Retrieved 16 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ “John Hardy History.” John Hardy. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- Jump up^ “Designing Paradise.” –Recreating Eden. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- Jump up^ First Person: Biting it with Bling –Men’s Folio Magazine. May 2009.
- Jump up^ Slowey, Anne. – “Elle Fashion Insider Bali High”. –Elle Magazine. Edition no. 297. Page 102. May 2010.
- Jump up^ “American Eagle admits it fired former CEO Hanson” . www.triblive.com . Retrieved 16 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ “John Hardy’s Island Life: In Bali and New York City” . www.jrdunn.com . Retrieved 13 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ Elle Magazine, May 2007
- Jump up^ Story, Louise. -“ADVERTISING: The Hidden Life of Paper and Its Impact on the Environment”-The New York Times. Oct 25 2006.
- Jump up^ “The John Hardy Bamboo Agroforestry Pilot Project”-Friends of the National Parks Foundation. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- Jump up^ “Damien Dernoncourt – Wear Bamboo, Plant Bamboo” –Art and Design. Issue No. 122. Pg 45. Feb 2010.
- Jump up^ Tang Vivienne – “Jewellery for the Earth.” –Prestige Magazine. Pg 188. Feb 2009.
- Jump up^ “Recycled Silver”.
- Jump up^  ArchivedAugust 17, 2014 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^  ArchivedNovember 9, 2014, at theWayback Machine.