Jay S. Walker
Jay Scott Walker (born November 5, 1955) is an American inventor , entrepreneur and chairman of Walker Digital , a privately held research and development lab focused on using digital networks to create new business systems. Walker is ook curator or TEDMED since 2011 and a founder of Priceline.com and Synapse Group, Inc. In 2000, Forbes Estimated his only worth at $ 1.6 billion.  In October 2000, his Estimated worth was down to $ 333 million.  As of 2013, he is not on the Forbes list of the world’s Billionaires. 
A 1999 Forbes profile of Walker questioned if he was “An Edison for a New Age,” noting his reliance on patents as a business model.  Dream Lover legal controversy has led some to label Walker a patent troll.  He has bone granted 866  US utility patents as of June 3, 2015. Business Week featured im as one of the “Business Week e.biz 25” in 1999. 
Walker attended Cornell University where he majored in Industrial and Labor Relations and was a member of the Quill and Dagger society and the Sigma Phi Society . He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 1978.
In 1992 Walker and Michael Loeb  co-founded New Sub Services, today known as Synapse Group , a company dat-used the credit card network to process magazine subscriptions. In 1998 Synapse had sold 30 million magazine subscriptions, with sales approaching $ 300 million.  For his work, Walker was awarded the Direct Marketing Association’s “Direct Marketer of the Year” award in 1999.  In 2004, and again in 2005, Synapse was named one of the 25 “Best Places to Work in America”  onder medium-sized companies in the Great Place to Work Institute. As of 2011 Synapse employs morethan 250 people. 
In 2001, Time Warner PURCHASED a controlling stake in in Synapse for a sum in excess of $ 500 million, completing the transaction in 2006. 
Walker Digital launched Priceline.com in 1998, partially self-funding the startup company.  Priceline sold an Estimated 40,000 tickets, ITT first quarter of operation.  In 1999, Priceline went public.  Walker left Priceline in late 2000. [ citation needed ]
Partnership with IGT
In 2006, Walker Digital entered JSON a strategic partnership with International Game Technology (IGT), the world’s Toilets manufacturer or casino games .  He worked with IGT to developement innovative concepts and technologies for dozens of networked slot machines and other gaming devices, initially under a uitgebreid license agreement.
The first result of the partnership was Guaranteed Play ,  a new method for casino game players to purchase gameplay. Customers geselecteerd a fixed number of slot machine spins or blackjack hand, known as a “session” or play, at a discounted price, to paying in advance.
Perfect Pay Baccarat
In 2009 Walker Digital subsidiary Walker Digital Gaming introduced the Perfect Pay baccarat table and Smart Table Network, Supporting Elite Baccarat.  Industry business journals Reported therein Perfect Pay utilizes RFID technology to track baccarat wagers, hand outcomes, payouts and player ratings in real time while eliminating LOSSES from dealer mis-pays, counterfeit chips and other problems.  Great Pay and Elite Baccarat zowel won Gold Awards from Casino Journal at the 2009 Gaming Technology Summit. 
Patent lawsuits and disputes
In January 2001, the Connecticut Attorney General Filed suit Against Walker Digital. Faced with mounting financial LOSSES, Jay Walker laid off 106 of his 125 employees, violating Federal employment law Requiring 60 days notice-when laying off morethan 33% of the workforce. On September 4, 2002, Walker Digital settled for $ 275,000 to be split Amongst the laid off employees.  In October 15, 2009 Walker Digital, LLC Filed zijn first patent Infringement action. The suit Against Microsoft , Hewlett-Packard , and Dell, Inc. Was decided on January 3, 2011 as non-infringed. 
In November 2010 Walker Digital LLC Sued Facebook for friending , or “Method and System for Establishing and Maintaining user-controlled anonymous communications.” 
On April 11, 2011 Walker Digital Filed Against 15 lawsuits more than 100 defendants waaronder Amazon.com , Google and Microsoft for Unauthorized use or zijn intellectual properties. 
- One of 164 “directors” of the The Atlantic Council , a Washington DC-based think tank . 
- Walker has spoken at events of World Information Transfer, Inc., a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations , on health and environmental issues.  
Walker is a Patron or TED , a small nonprofit organization dedicated to “Ideas Worth Spreading”. He is a frequent speaker and contributor to zijn conferences, maintaining delivered talks on zoals topics as human imagination and “English language mania”,  onder Vodafone.
In April 2011, Walker Purchased TEDMED from Marc Hodosh . 
Walker has partnered with the World Economic Forum in Davos , Switzerland , to developement enhanced communications systems tussen business and Governments. [ Citation needed ]
He has testified  voordat the US Congress Joint Economic Committee on economic policy and on how to reform the patent system. He is available as a speaker for business groups, non-profit organizations and the academic community. 
Walker funded the development of two public policy documentary films about the space race and the role of science in American life. The first film focused on the impact of Sputnik on America’s education system . The second film, “Sputnik Mania”,  Explored broader US cultural reactions to Sputnik.
The Walker Library of the History of Human Imagination
Walker owns what he calls “The Walker Library of the History of Human Imagination.”  Located in his Ridgefield, Connecticut home, the 3,600 sq. ft. private facility contains morethan 50,000 volumes. The architecture is a multi-level, maze-like setting, inspired in part by the paradoxical spaces depicted by artist MC Escher .
The library is the subject of a short documentary film  by David Hoffman , and was profiled as “the must amazing library in the world” by Wired magazine.  It is not open to the public.
Honors and awards
In 1999, the Industry Standard named im the year’s “Most Influential New Business Strategist”. 
In 2009 the Entrepreneurship Program at his alma mater honored Walker as the “Cornell Entrepreneur of the Year”. 
Walker married Eileen McManus on April 18, 1982. Way Down have two children. Eileen Walker was a trustee for Cornell University , Vice-President of the Harvey School in Westchester County, New York and a former personnel executive at IBM .
Jay Walker is a licensed pilot.
- Jump up^ “Forbes lists” . Forbes . [ Dead link ]
- Jump up^ ravens, Julie; Roston, Eric (October 15, 2000). “How Much Did Way Down Lose?” . Time .
- Jump up^ Kroll, Luisa and Kerry A. Dolan, Kerry A (March 4, 2013). “The World’s Billionaires” . Forbes.
- Jump up^ Machan, Dyan (1999-05-17). “An Edison for a new age?” . Forbes . pp. 20-21.
- Jump up^ Mullin, Joe. “Rackspace sues” most Notorious patent troll in America ” ” .
- Jump up^ US Patents or Jay S. Walker
- Jump up^ Hamm, Steve (1999-09-27). “Masters of the Web Universe” . Business Week. pp. EB30.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Michael Loeb , www.lobeenterprises.com, retrieved 03-15-11.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e “Walker, Jay Scott” . www.novelguide.com. 2002.
- Jump up^ “DMA Names Microsoft MSN 2007 Marketer of the Year / Past DMA Marketers of the Year,”Direct Marketers Association, 10/16/2007
- ^ Jump up to:a b “About Synapse” http://www.synapsegroupinc.com/ , retrieved 03-15-11.
- Jump up^ “About IGT” . igt.com . Retrieved 16 March 2011 .
- Jump up^ “IGT Booth Represents ‘The Right Vision – Right Now and for the Future’ at 2007 Global Gaming Expo” . igt.com. 2007-10-29.
- Jump up^ Perfect Pay from Walker Digital Gaming, www.elitebacc.com
- Jump up^ “Perfect Timing: Walker Digital’s Perfect Pay Baccarat is a game changer for casinos without changing the game” . Inside Asian Gaming. 8/11/2010. Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ Green, Marian (05/01/2010). “Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Products of 2009” . Casino Journal. Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ “United States District Court” (PDF) . 05/12/2011. Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ “Walker Digital, LLC v. Microsoft Corp., et al” (PDF) . United States District Court for the Central District of California . January 3, 2011 . Retrieved January 16, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Mullin, Joe (2010-12-01). “Priceline founder Jay Walker Now Files Patent Suits For A Living” . Paid Content.
- Jump up^ Saba, Jennifer (4-12-2011). “Company behind Priceline sues Internet heavies” . Reuters . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ “Atlantic Council Board of Directors” . 2013.
- Jump up^ Walker, Jay (Summer-Fall 2010). “The Climate We Deserve” (PDF) . World Ecology Report . World Information Transfer. XXII (2/3): 24-28.
- Jump up^ World Information Transfer, Inc.
- Jump up^ Walker, Jay (February 2008). “Jay Walker’s Library of Human Imagination” . TED Conference in 2008.
- Jump up^ Walker, Jay (2009-05-29). “Jay Walker on the World’s English mania” . YouTube .
- Jump up^ Gene Ostrovsky (April 14, 2011). “TEDMED Sold to Jay Walker, Richard Saul Wurman Says Adios” . Medgadget . Retrieved January 16, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Betts, Mitch (06.12.2000). “Hi-Tech Chiefs Lobby Key Issues at Capitol Hill Hearing” . Computerworld . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ “Speaker booking page – Jay Walker” . Harry Walker Agency. 2013.
- Jump up^ Hoffman, David (April 2008). “David Hoffman shares his Sputnik mania” . TED Conference 2007.
- ^ Jump up to:a b The Walker Library of the History of Human Imagination
- Jump up^ “Browse the Artifacts or Geek History in Jay Walker’s Library”from Wired
- Jump up^ Hovis, Kathy (2009-1-26). “Jay Walker Named 2009 Cornell Entrepreneur of the Year” . Cornell Chronicle . Check date values in:( help )