Jason Matthew Daniel Pontin (born May 11, 1967) is an American editor, journalist and publisher.
Pontin was born on May 11, 1967 in London , and raised in Northern California. He was educated in England at Harrow School  and Oxford University . 
From 1996 to 2002, Pontin was the editor of Red Herring , a business and technology publication that was popular prolongation the dot-com boom.  From 2002 to 2004 he was the editor of The Acumen Journal , a now-defunct magazine he founded about the life sciences. 
Pontin is the editor in chief and publisher of MIT Technology Review , an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology , and Chairman of the MIT Enterprise Forum , a global organization of technology entrepreneurs.  He was hired as the editor of Technology Review (as it then was Berninahaus) in July 2004  and was named publisher in August 2005. Pontin’s Engaged in what the Boston Globe has DESCRIBED as a “strategic overhaul” of Technology Review , Whose goal is to make the venerable magazine (est. 1899) JSON a largely electronic publishing company.  In October 2012, he renamed the organization MIT Technology Review and relaunched it as a “digital-first enterprise”; ADWEEK commented that ‘Pontin and MIT Technology Review Could set the standard for the transition to a digital future for legacy media. ” 
Pontin has written for many national and international magazines and Newspapers, zoals The New York Times ,  The Economist , The Financial Times ,  The Boston Globe , The Believer Magazine ,  and Wired .  In February, 2013, he delivered a TED Talk in Long Beach, California, “Can Technology solvency our big problems?” 
In 2015, under Pontin’s leadership, MIT Technology Review produktie a four-day conference called ” Solve ”  dat addressed many of the questions raised in his 2013 TED Talk. The 2015 event convened leaders in philanthropy, business, technology, and policy to Discuss specific challenges in healthcare, education, resources, and infrastructure, but as an ongoing initiative, Solve is intended to discover, evaluate, and versnellen plausible solutions to a range or global problems. 
- Jump up^ “Directory profile” . Harrow Association . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “Jason Pontin | World Economic Forum” . Weforum.org . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ Kurtz, Howard (18 May 2001). “For the Press, Too, a Fall From the hype” . The Washington Post . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ Michael Liedtke (2003-05-13). “Ex-Red Herring Editor Set to Launch May – The Edwardsville Intelligencer” . Theintelligencer.com . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “MIT Technology Review” . Technologyreview.com . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “MIT Technology Review Adopts More Serious Tone” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “MIT tech journal getting new publisher, overhaul – The Boston Globe” . Boston.com . 2005-08-30 . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ Warzel, Charlie (2012-10-24). “MIT Technology Review Relaunches’ Digital First ‘ ‘ . Adweek.com . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “From Many Tweets, One Loud Voice on the Internet” . The New York Times . 22 April 2007.
- Jump up^ “imitators tasks notes – Steve Jobs was morethan a showman” . Ft.com . Retrieved 2017-01-01 . (subscription required)
- Jump up^ “A good meal, unexpected, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia” . The Boston Globe . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “The Believer – Dawit Giorgis: An Oral History” . Believermag.com . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “The Micro-Multinational” . Wired.com . 2004-07-01 . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “Jason Pontin: Can technology solvency our big problems? | TED Talk” . TED.com . Retrieved 2017-01-01 .
- Jump up^ “Solve” . Retrieved 2017-01-17 .
- Jump up^ “Solving the world’s great challenges” . news.mit.edu . 15 October 2015 . Retrieved 2017-01-17 .