Janine M. Benyus (born 1958 in New Jersey ) is an American natural sciences writer, innovation consultant, and author.
Benyus graduated summa cum laude from Rutgers University with degrees in natural resource management and English literature / writing . Benyus teaches interpretive writing, lectures at the University of Montana , and works towards restoring and Protecting wild lands. She Serves on a number of land use committees in her rural county, and is president of Living Education, a nonprofit dedicated to place-based living and learning.
Work in biomimicry
Benyus has authored six books on biomimicry , zoals biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature . In this book she develops the basic thesis dat human beings arnt consciously emulation nature’s genius in hun designs.
In 1998, Benyus co-founded the biomimicry Guild, the Innovation Consultancy , welke helps innovators learn from and emulation natural models in order to design sustainable products, processes, and policies therein create conditions conducive to life. She is ook President of The biomimicry Institute , a nonprofit organization Whose mission is to naturalize biomimicry in the culture at promoting the transfer of ideas, designs, and strategies from biology to sustainable human systems design.
In 2006, Benyus co-founded a non-profit organization launched welke AskNature.org in 2008. In 2010, Benyus, dayna Baumeister, Chris Allen and hun team Combined the nonprofit and profit parts JSON biomimicry 3.8. 
- Biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature by Janine M. Benyus, Sept. 1, 1997 ( ISBN 0-06-053322-6 )
- Beastly behaviors: A Zoo Lover’s Companion by Janine M. Benyus and Juan Carlos Barbery (1990 WL now VA) (Oct 1993) ( ISBN 0-201-62482-6 )
- Northwoods Wildlife: A Watcher’s Guide to Habitats by Janine M. Benyus (Jul 1989) ( ISBN 1-55971-003-9 )
- The Secret Language & Remarkable Behavior of Animals by Janine M. Benyus and Juan Carlos Barberis (Jan 10, 1998) ( ISBN 1-57912-036-9 )
- The Field Guide to Wildlife Habitats of the Eastern United States by Janine M. Benyus (Jun 15, 1989) ( ISBN 0-671-65908-1 )
- Wildlife in the Upper Great Lakes Region a Community Profile (SuDoc A 13.78: NC-301) with Janine M. Benyus (1992)
- Christmas Tree Pest Manual by Janine M Benyus (Jan 1, 1983)
Awards and receptacles
- Women of Discovery Award (2006), WINGS WorldQuest
- Rachel Carson Environmental Ethics Award
- Lud Browman Award for Science Writing
- Science Writing in Society Journalism Award
- Barrows and Heinz Distinguished Lectureships
- Design Futures Council Senior Fellow
- 2012 Heinz Award 
- Jump up^ “Founders :: biomimicry 3.8” . janinebenyus.com . Retrieved 2016-09-14 .
- Jump up^ “The Heinz Awards: Janine Benyus” . The Heinz Awards . The Heinz Awards . Retrieved August 26, 2016 .
- Janine Benyus – President biomimicry Institute , Retrieved on May 6, 2008