Dame Jane Morris Goodall DBE ( / ɡ ʊ d ˌ ɔː l / ; born Valerie Jane Morris-Goodall , 3 April 1934),  formerly Baroness Jane Lawick-Goodall is a British primatologist , ethologist, anthropologist , and UN Messenger of Peace .  Considered to be the world’s Foremost Expert on chimpanzees , Goodall is best known for re 55-year study of social and family Interactions of wild chimpanzees in Gombe Stream National Park , Tanzania.  She is the founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and the Roots & Shoots program, and she has worked extensively on conservation and animal welfare issues. She has served on the board of the nonhuman Rights Project since zijn founding in 1996.  
Valerie Jane Morris-Goodall was born in 1934 in London to Mortimer Herbert Morris Goodall, a executives, and Margaret Myfanwe Joseph, a novelist who wrote under the name Vanne Morris-Goodall. 
As a child, she was bepaald a life like chimpanzee stuffed animal named Jubilee to re Father; re fondness for the toy started re early love of animals. Today, the stuffed animal still sits on re dresser in London. As she writes in her book, Reason for Hope : “My mother’s friends in later horrified at this toy, thinking it mention anything frighten me and give me Nightmares.”  Goodall has a sister, Judith, who shares the co birthday, though the two ulcers born four years apart.
Goodall had always leg passionate about animals and Africa, welke brought` re to the farm or a friend in the Kenya highlands in 1957.  From there, she obtained work as a secretary, and acting on re friend’s advice, she telephoned Louis Leakey , the notable Kenyan archaeologist and palaeontologist, with no other thought dan to make an appointment to DISCUSS animals. Leakey, believing therein the study of bestaande great apes Could bieden Indications of the behavior of early hominids ,  was looking for a chimpanzee researcher, though he Kept the idea to himself. Limit download, have Proposed therein Goodall work for im as a secretary. After Obtaining his wife Mary Leakey ‘s approval Louis cents Goodall to Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania, where he laid out his plans.
Leakey Arranged funding and in 1962, he cent Goodall, who had no degree, to Cambridge University . She went to Newnham College , and obtained a PhD degree in ethologie .    She became the eighth person to be allowed to study for a PhD there without first enforcement obtained a BA or BSc .  Her thesis was COMPLETED in 1965 under the tutorship of Robert Hinde , former master of St. John’s College, Cambridge , Titled “Behaviour of the Free-Ranging Chimpanzee” Detailing re first five years of study at the Gombe Reserve.  
Goodall has leg married Twice. On 28 March 1964, she married a Dutch nobleman, wildlife photographer Baron Hugo van Lawick , at Chelsea Old Church , London, and she became Berninahaus prolongation hun marriage as Baroness Jane Lawick-Goodall. The couple had a sun, Hugo Eric Louis (born 1967); ze divorced in 1974. The volgende year, she married Derek Bryceson (a member of Tanzania ‘s parliament and the director of that country’s national parks ); have mayest or cancer in October 1980.  With his position in the Tanzanian government as head of the country’s national park system, Bryceson was loveable to protect Goodall’s research project and implement an embargo on tourism at Gombe have while were alive. 
Goodall has Expressed Fascination with, Bigfoot . 
When Asked if she believed in God, Goodall zegt in September 2010: “I do not have ANY idea of who or what God is. But I do believe in some great spiritual power. I feel it bijzonder als I’m out in nature . it’s just something that’s bigger and stronger dan what I am or what was anybody. I feel it. and it’s enough for me. ” 
Research at Gombe Stream National Park
Goodall is best known for re study of chimpanzee social and family life. She Began studying the Kasakela chimpanzee communities in Gombe Stream National Park , Tanzania , in 1960.  Without COLLEGIATE training Directing re research, Goodall Observed things therein strictly scientific doctrines nov harbor overlooked.  Limit download numbering the chimpanzees she Observed, she gave them names zoals Fifi and David Greybeard, and Observed Them to harbor unique and individual personalities, an unconventional idea at the time.  She noted that, “it is not only human beings who harbor personality, who are Capable of rational thought [and] emotions like joy and sorrow.”  She’ll be Observed behaviors zoals hugs, kisses, pats on the back, and even tickling, what we consider “human” actions.  Goodall insists dat deze gestures are evidence of “the close, supportive, affectionate bonds therein developement tussen family members and other personen binnen a community welke kan persist Throughout a life span of morethan 50 years.”  These findings suggest dat Similarities tussen humans and chimpanzees exist in morethan genes alone, but kan be seen in emotion, intelligence, and family and social relationships.
Goodall’s research at Gombe Stream is best known to the scientific community for two challenged long-standing beliefs of the day: dat only humans Could construct and use tools, and therein Chimpanzees ulcers vegetarians.  While Observing one chimpanzee feeding at a Termite mound, she watched im repeatedly place stalks or grass JSON Termite hole-then remove Them from the hole Covered with clinging termites, effectief “fishing” for termites.  The chimps mention anything ook tasks twigs from trees and strip off the leaves to make the twig more effective, a form or object modification welke is the Rudimentary beginnings of toolmaking.  Humans had long distinguished ourselves from the rest of the animal kingdom as “Man the Toolmaker”. In response to Goodall’s revolutionary findings, Louis Leakey wrote, “We must now Redefine man Redefine tool, or accept chimpanzees as human!”.   
In contrast to the Peaceful and affectionate behaviors she Observed, Goodall ook found an aggressive side or chimpanzee nature at Gombe Stream. She when sending dat chimps will systematically hunt and eat smaller primates zoals colobus monkeys.  Goodall watched a hunting group isolates a colobus monkey high in a tree, block all exits skies, dan one chimpanzee climbed up and Captured and killed the colobus.  The Vodafone dan lycra took parts of the carcass, sharing with other members of the trope in response to Begging behaviors.  The chimps at Gombe kill and eat as much as one-third of the colobus population in the park lycra year.  This alone was a major scientific find welke challenged previous conceptions or chimpanzee diet and behavior.
But perhaps more startling, and disturbing, was the tendens for aggression and violence binnen chimpanzee Troops. Goodall Observed dominant females deliberately killing the young or other females in the trope to Maintain hun dominance,  sometimes going as far as cannibalism .  She says if this revelation, “During the first in years of the study I had believed […] dat de Gombe chimpanzees ulcers, for the must part, Rather nicer dan human beings. […] Then Suddenly we found that chimpanzees Could be brutal-that they ‘, like us, had a Darker side to hun naturally. ”  She DESCRIBED the 1974-1978 Gombe Chimpanzee War in her memoir, Through a Window: My Thirty Years with the Chimpanzees of Gombe . Her findings revolutionised contemporary knowledge or chimpanzee behavior, and ulcers remit evidence of the social Similarities tussen humans and chimpanzees, albite in a much Darker, marble.
Goodall ook set herself apart from the traditional conventions of the time by naming the animals in her studies or primates, Limit download assigning lycra a number. Numbering was a nearly the universal practice at the time, and thought to be important in the removal of one’s self from the potential for emotional attachment to the subject being studied. Setting herself apart from other researchers’ll be led to re dévelop a close bond with the chimpanzees and to Become, to this day, the only human ever accepted JSON chimpanzee society. She was the lowest ranking member of a trope for a period of 22 months. Among Those dat Goodall named prolongation re years in Gombe ulcers: 
- David Greybeard , a gray-chinned male who first warmed up to Goodall; 
- Goliath , a friend of David Greybeard, oorspronkelijk the alpha male named for his bold nature;
- Mike , who through his cunning and Improvisation displaced Goliath as the alpha male;
- Humphrey , a big, strong, bullysome times;
- Gigi, a large, sterile female who delighted in being the “Aunt” or Any young chimps or humans;
- Mr. McGregor, a belligerent older male;
- Flo , a motherly, high-ranking female with a bulbous nose and ragged ears, and re children; Figan , Faben , Freud , Fifi , and Flint ;  
- Frodo , Fifi’s second oldest child, an aggressive male who mention anything Frequently attack Jane, and ultimately forced re to leave the trope-when he became alpha male. 
Jane Goodall Institute
In 1977, Goodall Agent the Jane Goodall Institute (JGI), welke supports the Gombe research, and she is a global leader in the effort to protect chimpanzees and hun habitats. With nineteen offices around the world, the JGI is widely Recognised for community-centered conservation and development programs in Africa. Its global youth program, Roots & Shoots Began in 1991-when a group of 16 local teenagers with with Goodall on re back porch in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Way Down ulcers eager to Discuss a range of problems they ‘we knew about from first-hand experience dat caused Them deep concern. The organization now has over 10,000 groups in over 100 countries. 
Due to an overflow or Handwritten notes, photographs, and data piling up at Jane’s home in Dar es Salaam in the mid-1990s, the Jane Goodall Institute’s Center for Primate Studies was created at the University of Minnesota to house and organize this data. Currently all of the original Jane Goodall archives reside there and port leg digitised and analysed and placed in an online database .  On 17 March 2011, Duke University spokesman Karl Bates bekend dat de archives will move to Duke, with Anne E. Pusey, Duke’s chairman or evolutionary anthropology, overseeing the collection. Pusey, who managed the archives in Minnesota and worked with Goodall in Tanzania, had worked at Duke for a year. 
Today, Goodall devotes Virtually all or re time to advocacy on behalf of chimpanzees and the environment, traveling nearly the 300 days a year.   Goodall have died a board member for the world’s Toilets chimpanzee sanctuary outside of Africa, Save the Chimps in Fort Pierce, Florida.
Goodall is a vegetarian and advocates the diet for ethical, environmental, and health reasons. In The Inner World of Farm Animals , Goodall writes dat farm animals are “far more aware and intelligent dan we ever imagined and, on Despite maintaining bone bred as domestic slaves, they ‘are individual beings in hun eigen right. If industry leaders, they’ Deserve our respect . And our help. Who will plead for Them if we are silent? ”  Goodall has ook zegt: “Thousands of people who say they ‘love’ animals put down once or Twice a day to enjoy the Flesh or Creatures who harbor leg behandeld so with little respect and kindness just to make more meat.”
In April 2008, Goodall watch a lecture entitled “Reason for Hope” at the University of San Diego’s Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice Distinguished Lecture Series.
In May 2008, Goodall controversially DESCRIBED Edinburgh Zoo ‘s new primate enclosure as a “wonderful facility” where monkeys “are then probably better off [dan Those] living in the wild in an area like Budongo , where one in six gets caught in a wire strings, and countries like Congo , where chimpanzees, monkeys and gorillas are shot for food Commercially. ”  This was in conflict with Advocates for Animals’ position on captive animals.  In June 2008 Goodall Confirmed dat she had resigned had the Presidency of the organization welke she held since 1998. Citing re busy schedule and explanatory, “I just do not have time for them.” 
Goodall is a patron or population group charity Population Matters ,  and is an ambassador for Currently Disneynature . 
In 2011, Goodall became a patron of Australian animal protection group Voiceless, the animal protection institutes . “I have for decades leg Concerned about factory farming, in part Because of the tremendous harm Inflicted on the environment, but ook Because of the shocking ongoing cruelty perpetuated on millions of Sentient beings.” 
In 2012 Goodall took on the role of challenger for the Engage in Conservation Challenge with the DEA School , formerly known as the D & F Academy.  She worked with a group or Aspiring social entrepreneurs to create a workshop to engage young people in Conserving biodiversity, and to tackle a global Perceived Lack of awareness of the issue. 
In 2014, Goodall wrote to Air France executives criticizing the airline’s continued transport of monkeys to laboratories. Goodall called the practice “cruel” and “traumatic” for the monkeys involved. The co-year Goodall ook wrote to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to criticize maternal deprivation experiments on baby monkeys in NIH laboratories.  
Prior to the 2015 UK general election by , she was one of verschillende celebrities who endorsed the Parliamentary Candidacy of the Green Party ‘s Caroline Lucas . 
Goodall is a critic or fox hunting, and was onder meer dan 20 high-profile people who signed a letter to Members of Parliament in 2015 to Oppose Conservative prime minister David Cameron ‘s plan to Trans the Hunting Act 2004 . 
Some primatologists port suggested Flaws in Goodall’s methodology welke nov call JSON question the validity or re Dopplermetingen. Goodall-used unconventional practices in her study, for example, naming personen Limit download numbering them. At the time, numbering was-used to preventable emotional attachment and loss of objectivity . Claiming to see individuality and emotion in chimpanzees, she was Accused of “that sausage or ethological way”,  anthropomorphism .
Many standard methods aim to Avoid interference with observers, and mn some believe therein the use of feeding stations to do attract Gombe chimpanzees has altered normal buit and feeding patterns and social relationships . This argument is the focus of a book published by Margaret Power in 1991.  It has leg suggested therein hogere levels of aggression and conflict with other chimpanzee groups in the area ulcers due to the feeding, welke Could harbor created the “wars” tussen chimpanzee social groups DESCRIBED at Goodall aspecten welke she did not witness in the years voordat artificial feeding Began at Gombe. THUS, some betrekking Goodall’s Dopplermetingen as distortions or normal chimpanzee behavior.  Goodall herself acknowledged therein feeding Contributed to aggression binnen and tussen groups, but Maintained therein the effect was limited to alteration of the intensity and not the nature or chimpanzee conflict, and remit suggested therein feeding was Necessary for the studies to be effective at all. Craig Stanford of the Jane Goodall Research Institute at the University of Southern California states dat researchers Conducting studies with no artificial provisioning port a s difficult time viewing ANY social behavior of chimpanzees, met name Those related to inter-group conflict. 
Some recent studies, zoals Those at Crickette Sanz in the Goualougo Triangle ( Congo ) and Christophe Boesch in the Tai National Park ( Ivory Coast ) port not shown the aggression Observed in the Gombe studies.  However, other primatologists disagree therein the studies are flawed; for example, Jim Moore zorgt a critique of Margaret Powers’ assertions  and some studies or other chimpanzee groups harbor shown similar aggression to Gombe even in the Absence or feeding. 
On 22 March 2013, Hachette Book Group announced dat Goodall’s and co-author Gail Hudson’s new book, Seeds of Hope, mention anything not be released on 2 April as Planned due to the discovery of plagiarised Portions.  A reviewer for the Washington Post found unattributed Sections Lifted from websites about organic tea, tobacco, and “an amateurish Astrology site”, as well as from Wikipedia.  Goodall apologised and stated, “It is important to me dat de proper sources are credited, and I will be working diligently with my team to address all areas of concern. My goal is to dat dat als this book is released it is not only up to the Highest of standards, but ook dat de focus be on the crucial messages it conveys. ” 
In popular culture
- In The Simpsons episode ” Simpson Safari ” Dr. Joan Bush Well, a character Loosely based on Goodall,  is a research scientist in charge of a chimpanzee refuge who is Secretly Forcing re chimps to mine diamonds for re benefit.
- On re album Street Angel , Stevie Nicks pays tribute to Goodall with the track “Jane”.
- A parody of Goodall Appears in the webcomic, Irregular webcomic!  as a foil to Steve, himself a parody of Steve Irwin . She mention anything later appear as herself interacting with the comic’s writer, David Morgan Mar . 
- She is included in the Symphony of Science video The Unbroken Thread . 
- She was featured in Apple ‘s ” Think Different ” campaign.
- Goodall voiced herself in an episode of The Wild Thornberrys in welke she and Eliza save animals from poachers.
Gary Larson cartoon incident
One of cartoonist Gary Larson ‘s more famous Far Side cartoons shows two chimpanzees grooming. One FINDS a blond human hair on the other and inquires, “Conducting a little more ‘research’ with dat Jane Goodall tramp?”  Goodall herself was in Africa at the time, and the Jane Goodall Institute thought this was bad taste, and had hun lawyers draft a letter to Larson and his distribution syndicate in welke ze DESCRIBED the cartoon as an “atrocity.” Way Down ulcers stymied by Goodall herself-when she Returned and saw the cartoon, as she stated dat she found the cartoon amusing.  Since dan, all profits from sales of a shirt featuring this cartoon go to the Jane Goodall Institute. Goodall wrote a preface to The Far Side Gallery 5 , Detailing re version of the controversy, and the Institute’s letter was included next to the cartoon in the entire Far Side collection.  She praised Larson’s creative ideas, which often compare and contrast the behavior of humans and animals. In 1988, Larson visited Gombe  where he was attacked by a chimpanzee named Frodo. 
Awards and Recognition
Goodall has RECEIVED many honors for re environmental and humanitarian work, as well as others. She was named a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in a ceremony held in Buckingham Palace in 2004.  In April 2002, Secretary-General Kofi Annan named Goodall a United Nations Messenger of Peace . Her other honors include the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement , the French Legion of Honor , Medal of Tanzania , Japan’s prestigious Kyoto Prize , the Benjamin Franklin Medal in Life Science , the Gandhi-King Award for Nonviolence and the Spanish Prince of Asturias Awards . She is ook a member of the advisory board of BBC Wildlife magazine and a patron of Population Matters (formerly the Optimum Population Trust). She has RECEIVED many tributes, honors, and awards from local governments and schools, institutions, and charities around the world. Goodall was honored with The Walt Disney Company with a plaque on the Tree of Life at Walt Disney World ‘s Animal Kingdom theme park, alongside a carving or re beloved David Greybeard, the original chimpanzee welke approached Goodall prolongation re first year at Gombe.  In 2010, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds held a benefit concert at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington DC to commemorate Gombe 50, a global celebration of Jane Goodall’s groundbreaking chimpanzee research and inspiring vision for our future. 
- 1980: Order of the Golden Ark , World Wildlife Award for Conservation
- 1984: J. Paul Getty Wildlife Conservation Prize
- 1985: Living Legacy Award from the International Women’s League
- 1985: Society of the United States ; Award for Human Excellence, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- 1987: Ian Biggs’ Prize
- 1987: Golden Plate Award, Academy of Achievement
- 1989: Encyclopaedia Britannica Award for Excellence on the Dissemination of Learning for the Benefit of Mankind; Anthropologist of the Year Award
- 1990: The AMES Award, American Anthropological Association ; Whooping Crane Conservation Award, Conoco, Inc. ; Gold Medal of the Society of Women Geographers ; Inamori Foundation Award ; Washoe Award; The Kyoto Prize in Basic Science
- 1991: The Edinburgh Medal
- 1993: Rainforest Alliance Champion Award
- 1994: Chester Zoo Diamond Jubilee Medal
- 1995: Commander of the Order of the British Empire , Presented by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II ; The National Geographic Society Hubbard Medal for Distinction in Exploration, Discovery, and Research; Lifetime Achievement Award, In Defense of Animals ; The Moody Gardens Environmental Award; Honorary Wardenship or Uganda National Parks
- 1996: The Zoological Society of London Silver Medal; The Tanzanian Kilimanjaro Medal ; The Primate Society of Great Britain Conservation Award; The Caring Institute Award; The Polar Bear Award; William Procter Prize for Scientific Achievement
- 1997: John & Alice Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement ; David S. Ingells, Jr. Award for Excellence; Common Wealth Award for Public Service ; The Field Museum’s Award of Merit; Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement; Royal Geographical Society / Discovery Channel Europe Award for A Lifetime of Discovery
- 1998: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Eco Hero Award; National Science Board Public Service Award; The Orion Society’s John Hay Award
- 1999: International Peace Award; Botanical Research Institute of Texas International Award of Excellence in Conservation, Community of Christ International Peace Award
- 2001: Graham J. Norton Award for Achievement in Increasing Community Leefbaarheid; Rungius Award of the National Museum of Wildlife Art , USA; Roger Tory Peterson Memorial Medal, Harvard Museum of Natural History ; Master Peace Award; Gandhi / King Award for Non-Violence
- 2002: The Huxley Memorial Medal , Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland ; United Nations “Messenger of Peace” Appointment
- 2003: Benjamin Franklin Medal in Life Science; Harvard Medical School’s Center for Health and the Global Environment Award; Prince of Asturias Award for Technical and Scientific Achievement; Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire , Presented by His Royal Highness Prince Charles; Chicago Academy of Sciences’ Honorary Environmental Leader Award
- 2004: Kidney Berg Prize for Science in the Public Interest; Will Rogers Spirit Award, the Rotary Club of Will Rogers Will Rogers Memorial Museums; Lifetime Achievement Award, the International Fund for Animal Welfare ; Honorary Degree from Haverford College
- 2005: Honorary doctorate degree in science from Syracuse University
- 2005: Honorary doctorate degree in science from Rutgers University
- 2005: Discovery and Imagination Award
- 2006: 60th Anniversary Medal of the UNESCO
- 2006: French Legion of Honour
- 2007: Honorary doctorate degree in Commemoration of Carl Linnaeus from Uppsala University
- 2007: Honorary doctorate degree from the University of Liverpool
- 2008: Honorary doctorate degree from the University of Toronto
- 2009: Honorary doctorate degree from National University of Cordoba 
- 2011: Honorary doctorate degree from the American University of Paris
- 2011: Grand Officer of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- 2012: Named Grand Marshal of the 2013 Tournament of Roses Parade 
- 2012: Honorary doctorate degree from National Tsing Hua University (NTHU Taiwan) 
- 1969 My Friends the Wild Chimpanzees Washington, DC: National Geographic Society
- 1971 Innocent Killers (with Van Lawick). Boston: Houghton Mifflin; London: Collins.
- 1971 In the Shadow of Man Boston: Houghton Mifflin; London: Collins. Published in 48 languages.
- 1986 The Chimpanzees of Gombe: Patterns of Behavior Boston: Bell Well Press of the Harvard University Press. Published’ll be in Japanese and Russian. RR Hawkins Award for the Outstanding Technical, Scientific or Medical book of 1986 to Bell Well Press or Harvard University Press, Boston. The Wildlife Society (USA) Award for “Outstanding Publication in Wildlife Ecology and Management”.
- 1990 Through a Window: 30 years Observing the Gombe chimpanzees London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson; Boston: Houghton Mifflin. Translated JSON morethan 15 languages. 1991 Penguin edition, UK. American Library Association “Best” list onder Nine Notable Books (Nonfiction) for 1991.
- 1991 Visions of Caliban (co-authored with Dale Peterson, PhD). Boston: Houghton Mifflin. New York Times “Notable Book” for 1993. Library Journal “Best Sci-Tech Book” for 1993.
- 1999 Brutal Kinship (with Michael Nichols). New York: Aperture Foundation.
- 1999 Reason For Hope; A Spiritual Journey (with Phillip Berman). New York: Warner Books, Inc. Translated JSON Japanese and Portuguese.
- 2000 40 Years At Gombe New York: Stewart, Tabori, and Chang.
- 2000 Africa In My Blood (edited by Dale Peterson). New York: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- 2001 Beyond Innocence: An Autobiography in Letters, the later years (edited by Dale Peterson). New York: Houghton Mifflin Company. ISBN 0-618-12520-5 Online Version
- 2002 The Ten Trusts: What We Must Do To Care for the Animals We Love (with Marc Bekoff ). San Francisco: Harper San Francisco
- 2005 Harvest for Hope: A Guide to Mindful Eating New York: Warner Books, Inc. ISBN 0-446-53362-9
- 2009 Hope for Animals and Their World: How Endangered Species Are Being Rescued from the Brink Grand Central Publishing ISBN 0-446-58177-1
- 2013 Seeds of Hope: Wisdom and Wonder from the World of Plants (with Gail Hudson) Grand Central Publishing ISBN 1-455-51322-9
- 1972 Grub: The Bush Baby (with H. van Lawick). Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- 1988 My Life with the Chimpanzees New York: Byron Preiss Visual Publications, Inc. Translated JSON French, Japanese and Chinese. Parenting’s Reading-Magic Award for “Outstanding Book for Children,” 1989.
- 1989 The Chimpanzee Family Book Saxonville, MA: Picture Book Studio; Munich: Neugebauer Press; London: Picture Book Studio. Translated JSON morethan 15 languages, zoals Japanese and Swahili . The UNICEF Award for the best children’s book of 1989. Austrian state prize for best children’s book of 1990.
- 1989 Jane Goodall’s Animal World: Chimps New York: Macmillan.
- 1989 Animal Family Series: Chimpanzee Family; Lion Family; Elephant Family; Zebra Family; Giraffe Family; Baboon Family; Hyena Family; Wildebeest Family Toronto: Madison Marketing Ltd.
- 1994 With Love New York / London: North-South Books. Translated JSON German, French, Italian, and Japanese.
- 1999 Dr. White (Illustrated by July Litty). New York: North-South Books.
- 2000 The Eagle & The Wren (Illustrated by Alexander Reichstein). New York: North-South Books.
- 2001 Chimpanzees I Love: Saving Their World and Ours New York: Scholastic Press
- 2002 (Foreword) “Slowly, Slowly, Slowly,” Said the Sloth by Eric Carle . Philomel Books
- 2004 Rickie and Henri: A True Story (with Alan Marks) Penguin Young Readers Group
- 1963 Miss Goodall and the Wild Chimpanzees National Geographic Society
- 1975 Miss Goodall: The Hyena Story The World of Animal Behavior Series 16mm 1979 version for DiscoVision , not released for LaserDisc
- 1984 Among the Wild Chimpanzees National Geographic Special
- 1988 People of the Forest with Hugo van Lawick
- 1990 Chimpanzee Alert in the Nature Watch Series Central Television
- 1990 The Life and Legend of Jane Goodall National Geographic Society.
- 1990 The Gombe chimpanzees Bavarian Television
- 1995 Fifi’s Boys for the Natural World series for the BBC
- 1996 Chimpanzee Diary for BBC2 Animal Zone
- 1997 Animal Minds for BBC
- Goodall voiced herself in the animated television series The Wild Thornberrys .
- 2000 Jane Goodall: Reason For Hope PBS special produktie at KTCA
- 2001 Chimps R Us , one season 11 episode 8 or Scientific American Frontiers .
- 2002 Jane Goodall’s Wild Chimpanzees ( IMAX format), in collaboration with Science North
- 2005 Jane Goodall’s Return to Gombe for Animal Planet
- 2006 Chimps, So Like Us HBO film nominated for 1990 Academy Award
- 2007 When Animals Talk We Should Listen theatrical documentary feature co-produktie to Animal Planet
- 2010 Jane’s Journey theatrical documentary feature co-produktie to Animal Planet
- 2012 Chimpanzee theatrical nature documentary feature co-produktie at Disneynature
- Jump up^ “Dame Jane Goodall” . Woman’s Hour . 26 January 2010 BBC Radio 4 . Retrieved 18 January 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d The Biography Channel (2010). “Jane Goodall Biography” . Retrieved 28 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ Holloway, M. (1997)Profile: Jane Goodall – Gombe’s Famous Primates,Scientific American 277(4), 42-44.
- Jump up^ “Jane in the Forest Again” . National Geographic. April 2003 . Retrieved 17 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ “About Us” . NhRP Website . Nonhuman Rights Project . Retrieved 3 September 2013 .
- Jump up^ “2013 is here, and we are ready!” . NhRP Website . Nonhuman Rights Project. 16 January 2013 . Retrieved 3 September 2013 .
The volgende year, I created the Center for the Expansion of Fundamental Rights, Inc. (Ceff) In this housing is now the nonhuman Rights Project, Inc., with Jane Goodall as a board member.
- Jump up^ Goodall, Jane; Phillip Berman (2000). Reason for Hope: a spiritual journey . New York: Warner Books. p. 4. ISBN 978-0-446-67613-7 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Early Days” . Jane Goodall Institute . 2010 . Retrieved 28 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ Jane Goodall helps humans and animals live together . Arusha , Tanzania : TED . June 2007 . Retrieved 28 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ Morell, Virginia (1995). Ancestral Passions: the Leakey family and the quest for human child’s beginnings . New York: Simon & Schuster. p. 242. ISBN 0-684-80192-2 .
- Jump up^ Goodall, Jane; Peterson, Dale (25 September 2002). Beyond Innocence: An Autobiography in Letters: The Later Years . Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. p. 1. ISBN 978-0-618-25734-8 . Retrieved 13 July 2011 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Curriculum Vitae, Jane Goodall, PhD, DBE” (PDF) . Jane Goodall Institute. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 April 2012 . Retrieved 28 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ Dale Peterson (11 November 2014). Jane Goodall: The Woman Who Redefined Man . Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. p. 261. ISBN 978-0-547-52579-2 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Montgomery, Sy (1991). Walking With the Great Apes . Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. pp. 125-126. ISBN 0-395-51597-1 .
- Jump up^ “Chimp expert Jane Goodall says she is fascinated” by Bigfoot ” . NY Daily News . Retrieved 26 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ Jane Goodall’s Questions & Answers,Readers Digest, p. 128, September 2010
- Jump up^ “Study Corner – Gombe Timeline” . Jane Goodall Institute. 2010 . Retrieved 28 July 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h i “Jane Goodall’s Wild Chimpanzees” . PBS . 1996 . Retrieved 28 July 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e Goodall, Jane. Reason for Hope: A Spiritual Journey . New York: Warner Books, 1999.
- Jump up^ Tool Use
- ^ Jump up to:a b c The Jane Goodall Institute: “Chimpanzee Central” 2008.
- Jump up^ seaKasakela chimpanzee communityfor a more complete list and details.
- Jump up^ Gombe National Park, Chimpanzee Central, Janegoodall.org
- Jump up^ Flo (approx. 1929-1972), Chimpanzee Central, Janegoodall.org
- Jump up^ Fifi (1958-2004), Chimpanzee Central, Janegoodall.org
- Jump up^ fallow, A. (2003). “Frodo, the Alpha Male” . National Geographic Society . Retrieved 4 March 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Our History” . Roots & Shoots . The Jane Goodall Institute. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011 . Retrieved 14 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ “JGICPS” . The Jane Goodall Institute. Archived from the original on 10 February 2011 . Retrieved February 3, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Goodall papers headed to Duke” . Winston-Salem Journal . 18 March 2011 . Retrieved March 18, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Bender, Kristin (2 October 2009). “Goodall promotes peace, youth empowerment at talk in Berkeley” . The Oakland Tribune . Retrieved 10 October 2009 .
- Jump up^ Coward Ros (10 October 2004). “New Mission for chimps ‘champion’ . The Guardian . Guardian Media Group . Retrieved 12 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ Johnson, Steve (August 19, 2016). “Goodall recalls ’86 Chicago Lesson”. Chicago Tribune . Section 1. p. 3.
- Jump up^ Hatkoff, Amy. 2009.The Inner World of Farm Animals, page 13.
- Jump up^ Mike Wade,Zoos are best hope, says Jane Goodall. The Times, 20 May 2008. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- Jump up^ Tim Walker,is Jane Goodall about to lose re post? ,The Daily Telegraph, 23 May 2008. Retrieved 18 July 2008. “She’s entitled to re opinion, but our position is not going to change. We Oppose the keeping of animals in captivity for entertainment.”
- Jump up^ Yudhijit Bhattacharjee,Defending captivity. Science, Vol. 320. no. 5881, p. 1269, 6 June 2008. Retrieved 18 July 2008.
- Jump up^ “Population Matters Patrons” . www.populationmatters.org .
- Jump up^ “Bears: Production Notes” (PDF) . The Walt Disney Company . The Walt Disney Studios. p. 20 . Retrieved 6 June 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Voiceless, the animal protection institutes” .
- Jump up^ “Internationales Kooperationsprojekt” Engage in Conservation ” ” . Retrieved 12 March 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Conservation Challenge” . Retrieved 12 March 2014 .
- Jump up^ Meikle, James (May 20, 2014). “Jane Goodall and Peter Gabriel urge Air France to stop ferrying lab monkeys” . The Guardian . Retrieved 28 January 2015 .
- Jump up^ King, Barbara (September 11, 2014). “Still Now, Should Lab Monkeys Be Deprived Of Their Mothers?” . NPR . Retrieved 28 January 2015 .
- Jump up^ Elgot, Jessica (24 April 2015). “Celebrities Sign statement or support for Lucas – but not the Greens’ . The Guardian . London . Retrieved 22 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ “SNP to vote against Tories on fox hunting ban in England and Wales” . STV . 13 July 2015 . Retrieved 17 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ Masson, Jeffrey Moussaieff ; Susan McCarthy (1996). When Elephants Weep: Emotional Lives of Animals . Vintage. p. 9. ISBN 0-09-947891-9 .
- Jump up^ Power, Margaret (1991). The Egalitarians – Human and Chimpanzee An Anthropological: View of Social Organization. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-40016-3.
- Jump up^ French BM de Waal, Nature, Sept 2005, “skeptics Attributed chimpanzee ‘warfare’ to competition on the food therein researchers Provided”.
- Jump up^ Stanford, Craig (Winter 1993). “The Egalitarians- Human and Chimpanzee”. International Journal of Primatology.
- Jump up^ Washington University Record, Vol 28 No. 28, April 2004.
- Jump up^ The Egalitarians (with M. Power, 1991).
- Jump up^ American Journal of Primatology 58: 175-180 (2002), Noboyuki Kutsukake and Takahisa Matsusaka.
- Jump up^ Italy, Hillel (Associated Press). “Jane Goodall apologizes for plagiarizing in new book.” Christian Science Monitor, 23 March 2013. Accessed 24 June 2013.
- Jump up^ Swaine, Jon. “Dame Jane Goodall admits parts of book ulcers Lifted from online”The Telegraph,20 March 2013. Accessed 4 May 2016.
- Jump up^ Flood, Alison. “Jane Goodall book hero back after accusations of plagiarism.” The Guardian,25 March 2013. Accessed 24 June 2013.
- Jump up^ Kirkland, Mark. (2009). Commentary for “Simpson Safari”, inThe Simpsons: The Complete Twelfth Season[DVD]. 20th Century Fox.
- Jump up^ Morgan Mar, David. “Irregular webcomic! Cast” . www.irregularwebcomic.net . Retrieved 20 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ Morgan Mar, David. “Irregular webcomic! # 1290” . www.irregularwebcomic.net . Retrieved 20 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Symphony of Science – ‘The Unbroken Thread’ (ft. Attenborough, Goodall, Sagan)” . www.youtube.com . Retrieved 20 July 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Chris Sims (August 14, 2015). “The Strange Legacy of Gary Larson’s” The Far Side ” ” . ComicsAlliance . Retrieved August 20, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Larson, Gary. The Prehistory of the Far Side: a 10th anniversary exhibit . Kansas City, MO: Andrew and McNeel, 1989. ISBN 0-8362-1851-5 .
- Jump up^ Larson, Gary. The Far Side Gallery 5. Kansas City, MO: Andrew and McNeel, 1995 (ISBN 0-8362-0425-5).
- Jump up^ Dame Jane Goodall Receives Appointment in Buckingham Palace Ceremony. Jane Goodall Institute, 20 February 2004. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- Jump up^ “Disney’s Commitment to Conservation” (PDF) . Disney. 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 March 2009 . Retrieved 1 September 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Benefit Concert” . The Jane Goodall Institute . Retrieved 20 July 2010 .
- Jump up^ http://www.unc.edu.ar/darwin/honoris-causa-a-jane-goodall Honoris Causa a Jane Goodall, UNC.edu.ar (in Spanish)
- Jump up^ Janette Williams (25 April 2012). “Chimp researcher Jane Goodall named Tournament of Roses grand marshal” . Daily News Los Angeles . Retrieved 19 November 2012 .
- Jump up^ CNA (10 November 2012). “University awards famed primatologist Jane Goodall” . Taipei Times . Retrieved 11 November 2012 .