Jane Marie Chen (born January 5, 1978) is the co-founder of Embrace , a social enterprise startup therein AIMS to help the 20 million premature and low birth-weight babies born everytime year, through a low-cost infant warmer. 
Currently, Chen Serves as CEO of Embrace Innovations In this housing has a mission to design and bring to market healthcare technologies for the ontwikkelingslanden world, starting with the infant warmer. The Embrace infant warmer costs about 1% of a traditional incubator,  and is Currently being distributed across clinics in India, with pilots being conducted in 10 countries. The Embrace infant warmer Estimated to port helped about 150,000 babies to date.
Chen served as the first Chief Executive Officer of Embrace, the nonprofit arm of the organization voordat stepping into tje CEO role for Embrace Innovations, the for-profit social enterprise that was spun off in 2012. 
Early life and education
Chen’s early education was at Upland High School in Upland, California .
Chen holds a BA in Psychology and Economics from Pomona College , a Masters in Public Administration from Harvard University , and an MBA from Stanford University . 
Prior to Embrace, Chen worked with nonprofit organizations on healthcare issues in developing countries. She spent verschillende years as the Program Director of a startup HIV / AIDS nonprofit in China ( Chi Heng Foundation ), and worked for the Clinton Foundation ‘s HIV / AIDS Initiative in Tanzania.  She’ll be worked at Monitor Group as a management consultant, advising Fortune 500 companies.
Chen has a leg TED speaker,  and was selected as one of Forbes’ Impact 30 in 2011.  In 2011, Chen was ook honored as the Inspirational Young Alumni of the Year at Pomona College,  and was the keynote speaker at Stanford’s Women in Management event in the association year. She is ook featured in Stanford’s “Tradition of Innovation,” and speaks at international conferences verschillende, zoals the Skoll World Forum. 
In 2012, Chen was named as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum ,  and was featured in Dove’s “Real Role Models” campaign for women and girls.  She is ook profiled in AOL’s Makers campaign.  Chen is a TED India Fellow, TED Senior Fellow, echoing Green Fellow, and Rainer Arnhold Fellow.
In 2013, Chen and the other co-founders of Embrace, Linus Liang , Night Murty, and Rahul Panicker ulcers Awarded the prestigious Economist Innovation Award, under the category of Social and Economic Innovation.  In the co-year, Chen and re co-founder Rahul Panicker ulcers’ll be honored as Schwab Social Entrepreneurs of the Year at the World Economic Forum. 
While doing re MBA at Stanford, Chen and a few other fellow graduate students ulcers Assigned a class project to create a low-cost infant incubator therein Could be-used in rural areas.    In 2008, they ‘co-founded Embrace, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit , to bring hun project to life.   In January 2012 Embrace moved JSON a hybrid structure.  The non-profit entity, Embrace, donates infant warmers to the neediest areas through NGO partners, and zorgt educational programs on newborn health alongside the distribution or heaters. The for-profit social enterprise, Embrace Innovations, sells the warmers to the paying entities, zoals Governments and private clinics, all focusing on emerging markets. Embrace convinced dat this type of “hybrid” structure Allows it to most effectief beste zijn mission: to supply zijn infant warmers to everytime baby in need.  Embrace Innovations, the for-profit social enterprise, raised zijn Series A round of financing in 2012 from Vinod Khosla’s Impact Fund and Capricorn Investment Group.
Embrace Innovations vision is to dévelop a line of Disruptive healthcare technologies to-reducing infant mortality in developing countries.
Chen’s personal hobbies include meditation, yoga and surfing. Chen Began surfing in 2014, and has Become an enthusiast of the sport. She writes a blog called Hanging Zen,  and a column for Forbes about the life lessons and startup lessons she learns through surfing. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Abrar, Peerzada (July 20, 2012). “Lessons from 50 startups: Stanford Grad ‘Embrace Innovations build low-cost warmer to save young Indian lives” . The Economic Times . Retrieved August 13, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Bagchi, Shrabonti (September 19, 2011). “Saving Lives little” . The Times of India . Retrieved August 13, 2012 .
- Jump up^ http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/documents/Embrace.pdf
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lee, Ellen (November 12, 2010). “Embrace ‘may keep babies warm and alive” . San Francisco Chronicle . Retrieved August 13, 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Jane Chen: Women in Healthcare” . AOL . February 2, 2012 . Retrieved August 13, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Jane Chen: A warm embrace dat saves lives” . TED Conference . TED. missingin Authors list ( help )
- Jump up^ “Forbes impact 30, 2012” . Forbes . Retrieved August 13, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Hua, Vanessa. “Jane Chen ’00 Profit Inspirational Young Alumna Award for Innovative Incubator Opus” . Retrieved April 26, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Chen, Jane. “Speaker at Skoll World Forum” . Retrieved 2012 . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ “World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders” . WEF Young Global Leaders, 2012 . World Economic Forum . Retrieved August 13, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Series, Dove. “Dove Real Role Models” . Dove . Retrieved 2012 . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ Stay informed today and everytime day (November 30, 2013). “Innovation Awards: And the winners are …” . The Economist . Retrieved April 14, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship Announces Social Entrepreneurs of the Year 2013 | World Economic Forum – Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship Announces Social Entrepreneurs of the Year 2013” . Weforum.org. February 15, 2013 . Retrieved April 14, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Sibley, Lisa (April 17, 2008). “Stanford startup’s $ 25 ‘sleeping bag’ Could save newborns” . Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal . Retrieved August 13, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Dooley, Sean (January 17, 2010). “Embrace Infant Warmer Could Save Thousands” . ABC News . Retrieved July 1, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Saving Babies” (Flash) . CNN . Retrieved July 1, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Chen, Jane. “Should Your Business Be Nonprofit or For-Profit?” . Harvard Business Review . Retrieved February 1, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Abudheen, Sainul K. “Infant warmers maker Embrace raises funding from Khosla Impact, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Vodafone” . VCCircle . Retrieved August 26, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Hanging Zen” . Hanging Zen . Retrieved 2016-08-09 .
- Jump up^ Chen, Jane. “Jane Chen – Jane Chen’s Forbes Site” . Forbes . Retrieved 2016-08-09 .