James Francis ” Jim ”  Cameron  (born August 16, 1954) is a Canadian filmmaker, director, producer, screenwriter, inventor, engineer, Philanthropist, and deep-sea explorer.   He first found major success with the science fiction action film The Terminator (1984). Hey dan became a popular Hollywood director and was hired to write and direct Aliens (1986); three years later he Followed up with The Abyss (1989).
He found work area critical Acclaim for his use of special effects in Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991). After his film True Lies (1994) Cameron took on his Biggest movie at the time, Titanic (1997), welke earned im Academy Awards for Best Picture , Best Director and Best Film Editing .
After Titanic , Cameron Began a project dat took almost 10 years to make: his science-fiction epic Avatar (2009) In this housing was met name a country market for 3D technology, and for welke have RECEIVED nominations for the assembly three Academy Awards. On Despite Avatar being his only movie to do in 3D, Cameron is the must successful 3D film-maker in terms of box-office revenue.  In the time tussen making Titanic and Avatar , Cameron spent years customizing verschillende many documentary films (specifiek underwater documentaries) and co-developed the digital 3D Fusion Camera System . DESCRIBED at a Biographer as part scientist and part artist,  Cameron has ook Contributed to underwater filming and remote vehicle technologies.    On March 26, 2012, Cameron reached the bottom of the Mariana Trench , the DEEPEST part of the ocean, in the Deepsea Challenger submersible.    He was the first person to do this in a solo descent, and is only the third person to do so ever.
In total, Cameron’s directorial policymaking port grossed ongeveer US $ 2 billion in North America and US $ 6 billion worldwide.  Not aangepaste for inflation, Cameron’s Titanic and Avatar are the two Highest-Grossing films of all time at $ 2.19 billion and $ 2.78 billion respectively. Cameron ook holds the achievement or maintenance directed two of the three films in history to gross over $ 2 billion worldwide.  In March 2011, he was named Hollywood’s top earner at Vanity Fair , with Estimated 2010 earnings of $ 257 million.  In October 2013, a new species of frog Pristimantis jamescameroni from Venezuela was named after im in recognition of his policy-making in environmental awareness, in addition under to his public promotion of veganism .   
Cameron was born in 1954 in Kapuskasing , Ontario , Canada, the sun or Shirley (née Lowe), an artist and nurse, and Phillip Cameron, an electrical engineering engineer.   His paternal great-great-great-grandfather emigrated from Balquhidder , Scotland, in 1825. 
Cameron Grew up in Chippawa , Ontario , and attended Stamford Collegiate School in Niagara Falls , Ontario . His family moved to Brea, California in 1971-when Cameron was 17 years old.  He dropped out of Sonora High School , dan attended Brea Olinda High School to remit his secondary education.
Cameron enrolled at Fullerton College , a two-year community college, in 1973 to study physics. He switched to English, dan dropped out voordat the start of the fall 1974 semester.  Next, he worked verschillende jobs, zoals as a truck driver, writing-when he had time.  During this period he taught himself about special effects: “I’d go down to the USC library and pull ANY thesis dat graduate students had written about optical printing, or front projection screen, or dye transfers, anything therein related to film technology. That way I Could sit down and read it, and if they ”d let me photocopy it, I forest. If not, I’d make notes. ” 
Cameron quit his job as a truck driver to enter the film industry after seeing Star Wars in 1977.  When Cameron read Syd Field ‘s book Screenplay , it occurred to im dat integrate science and art was skies, and he wrote a 10 -minute science fiction script with two friends, Titled Xenogenesis . Ze raised money, rented camera, lenses, film stock and studio-then shot it in 35mm. Way Down dismantled the camera to under stand how to operate it and spent the first half-day of the shoot Trying to figure out how to get it running.
He was the director writer, producer, and production designer for Xenogenesis (1978). Hey dan became a production assistant on a movie called Rock and Roll High School , though uncredited, in 1979. While Continuing to Educate himself in film-making techniques, Cameron started working as a miniature model maker at Roger Corman Studios.  Making rapidly produktie, low-budget productions taught Cameron to work efficiënt and effectief. He soon found employment as an art director in the sci-fi movie Battle Beyond the Stars (1980). He did special effects work design and direction on John Carpenter’s Escape from New York (1981), ActEd as production designer on Galaxy of Terror (1981), and consulted on the design of Android (1982). 
Cameron was hired as the special effects director for the sequel to Piranha , entitled Piranha II: The Spawning in 1981. The original director, Miller Drake, left the project due to creative differences with producer Ovidio Assonitis , who dan watch Cameron his first job as director. The interior scenes in later filmed in Rome, Italy , while the underwater sequences in later shot at Grand Cayman Island . 
The movie was to be produktie in Jamaica . On location, production slowed due to numerous problems and adverse weather. James Cameron was fired after failing to get a close-up or Carole Davis in her opening scene. Ovidio ordered Cameron to do the close-up the next day voordat have started on dat day’s shooting. Cameron spent the entire day sailing around the resort to reproduce the lighting but still failed to get the close-up. After he was fired, Ovidio Invited Cameron to stay on location and assisted in the shooting. Once in Rome, Ovidio took over the editing-when Cameron was stricken with food poisoning. During his illness, Cameron had a nightmare about an invincible robot hitman cents from the future to kill im, giving Recruiters im the idea for The Terminator , welke later catapulted his film career. 
The Terminator (1984)
For the role of the Terminator, Cameron envisioned a man who was not exceptionally muscular, who Could “blend JSON” a crowd. Lance Henriksen , who had starred in Piranha II: The Spawning , was Considered for the title role, but als Arnold Schwarzenegger and Cameron first with over lunch to Discuss Schwarzenegger’s playing the role of Kyle Reese , zowel cameramen to the conclusion therein the cyborg villain mention anything Be The more compelling role for the Austrian bodybuilder ; Henriksen got the smaller part of LAPD detective Hal Vukovich and the role of Kyle Reese went to Michael Biehn . In addition under, Linda Hamilton first Appeared in this film re Iconic role of Sarah Connor , and later married Cameron. 
The Terminator was a box-office hit, breaking expectations by Orion Pictures executives dat het film mention anything be regarded as no morethan a sci-fi movie and only last a week in theaters. It was a low-budget film welke cost $ 6.5 million to make, cutting Expenses in zoals ways as recording the audio track in mono. However, The Terminator Eventually earned over $ 78 million worldwide. 
Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)
During the early 1980s, Cameron wrote three screenplays simultaneously: The Terminator , Aliens , and the first draft of Rambo: First Blood Part II . While Cameron continued with The Terminator and Aliens , Sylvester Stallone Eventually took over the script or Rambo: First Blood Part II , customizing a final draft welke differed radically from Cameron’s initial vision. 
The Abyss (1989)
Cameron’s next project stemmed from an idea dat had come up prolongation a high school biology class. The story of oil-rig workers who discover Otherworldly underwater Creatures became the basis of Cameron’s screen play for The Abyss , welke cast Ed Harris , Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and Michael Biehn . Initially budgeted at $ 41 million United States (though the production ran considerably over budget), it was Considered to be one of the musts expensive movies or zijn time and required cutting-edge effects technology. Because much of the filming took place underwater and the technology was not advanced enough to Digitally create an underwater environment, Cameron Chose to shoot much of the movie “rule-for-real”, at Depths of up to 40 feet (12 m) . For creation of the sets, the containment building of an unfinished nuclear power plant was Converted, and two huge tanks in later-used.  The main tank was filled with 7,500,000 US gallons (28,000,000 L) of water and the second with 2,500,000 US gallons (9,500,000 L). The cast and crew resided there for much of the filming.
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
After the success of The Terminator , there had bone talk about a sequel to continuous the story of Sarah Connor and re struggle Against machines from the future. Hoewel de Cameron had come up with a core idea for the sequel and Schwarzenegger Expressed Interest in Continuing the story, there ulcers still problems Regarding who had the rights to the story, as well as the logistics of the special effects needed to make the sequel. Finally, in late 1980s, Mario Kassar or Carolco Pictures secured the rights to the sequel, allowing Cameron to green light production of the film, now called Terminator 2: Judgment Day .
For the film, Linda Hamilton reprised re Iconic role of Sarah Connor.  In addition under, Schwarzenegger ook Returned in his role as The Terminator, but this time as a protector. Unlike Schwarzenegger’s character-the T-800 Terminator welke is made or a metal endoskeleton-the new villain of the sequel, called the T-1000 , is a more-advanced Terminator made of liquid metal, and with polymorphic abilities. The T-1000 mention anything ook be much less bulky dan the T-800. For the role, Cameron cast Robert Patrick , a sharp contrast to Schwarzenegger. Cameron Explained, “I wanted someone who was Extremely fast and agile. If the T-800 is a human Panzer tank , dan the T-1000 is a Porsche .”
Cameron had oorspronkelijk wanted to incorporate this advanced-model Terminator into tje first film, but the special effects at the time ulcers not advanced enough. The ground-breaking effects-used in The Abyss to Digitally depict the water Tentacle convinced Cameron dat his liquid metal villain was now shower.
TriStar Pictures Agreed to distribute the film, but under a locked release date only about one year after the start of shooting. The movie, co-written by Cameron and his long time friend, William Wisher, Jr. Had to go from screen play to finished film in just dat amount of time. Like Cameron’s previous film, it was one of the musts expensive movies or zijn era, with a budget of about $ 100 million. The Biggest challenge of the movie was the special effects-used in customizing the T-1000. Nevertheless, the film was finished on time and released to theaters on July 3, 1991.
Terminator 2 , or T2 , as it was Abbreviated, broke box-office records (including the opening weekend record for an R-rated film), earning about $ 200 million in the United States and Canada, and about $ 300 million in other territories, and became the Highest-Grossing film of that year. It won four Academy Awards : Best Makeup , Best Sound , Best Sound Effects Editing , and Best Visual Effects . It was ook nominated for Best Cinematography and Best Film Editing , but lost zowel Awards to JFK .
James Cameron announced a third Terminator film many times prolongation the 1990s, but without coming out with ANY finished scripts. Kassar and Vajna PURCHASED the rights to the Terminator franchise from a bankruptcy sale or Carolco’s assets.  Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was Eventually made and released in July 2003 without Cameron’s Involvement. Jonathan Mostow directed the film and Schwarzenegger Returned as the Terminator.
Cameron Reunited with the main cast of Terminator 2 to film T2 3-D: Battle Across Time , an attraction at Universal Studios Florida, Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Japan. It was released in 1996 and was a mini-sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day . The show is in two parts: a prequel segment in welke a spokeperson talks about Cyberdyne, and a main feature in welke the performers interact with a 3-D movie.
True Lies (1994)
Before the release of T2 , Schwarzenegger cameramen to Cameron with the idea of remaking the French comedy La Total! Titled True Lies , with filming beginning after T2 ‘ s release, the story revolves around a secret agent spy who leads a double life as a married man, Whose wife convinced he is a computer salesman. Schwarzenegger was cast as Harry Tasker, a spy Charged with stopping a plan by a terrorist to use nuclear weapons Against the United States. Jamie Lee Curtis and Eliza Dushku played will the character’s family, and Tom Arnold the sidekick.
Cameron’s Light Storm Entertainment signed on with Twentieth Century Fox for production of True Lies . Made on a budget of $ 115 million and released in 1994, the film earned $ 146 million in North America, and $ 232 million organs. The film RECEIVED an Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects.
Strange Days (1995)
An American science fiction action thriller film directed by Kathryn Bigelow. It was co-written and produktie to re former husband James Cameron and co-written by Jay Cocks.
Cameron Expressed interest in the 1912 sinking of the ship RMS Titanic . He decided to script and film his next project based on this event. The picture revolved around a Fictional romance story tussen two young lovers from différent social classes who measures on board. Before production committed, he took dives to the bottom of the Atlantic and shot actual footage of the ship underwater, welke have INSERTED into tje final film. Much of the film’s dialogue was written ook prolongation synthesis dives.
Subsequently, Cameron cast Leonardo DiCaprio , Kate Winslet , Billy Zane , Kathy Bates , Frances Fisher , Gloria Stuart , Bernard Hill , Jonathan Hyde , Victor Garber , Danny Nucci , David Warner , Suzy Amis , and Bill Paxton as the film’s principal cast. Cameron’s budget for the film reached about $ 200 million, making it the must expensive movie ever made at the time. Before zijn release, the film was widely ridiculed voor zijn verband and protracted production schedule.
Released to theaters on December 19, 1997, Titanic grossed less, ITT first weekend ($ 28.6 million) dan, ITT second ($ 35.4 million), an increase is of 23.8%. This is Unheard of for a widely released film welke is a testament to the movie’s appeal. This was met name Noteworthy, Considering dat the film’s running time or morethan three hours limited the number of showings lycra theater Could schedule. It held the No. 1 spot on the box-office charts for months, Eventually Grossing a total of $ 600.8 million in the United States and Canada and morethan $ 1.84 billion worldwide. Titanic became the Highest-Grossing Film of all time , zowel worldwide and in the United States and Canada , and was ook the first film to gross morethan $ 1 billion worldwide. It remained the Highest-Grossing Film since 1998, Until Cameron’s 2009 film Avatar surpassed zijn gross in 2010. 
The CG visuals Surrounding the sinking and destruction of the ship ulcers Considered spectacular.  on Despite criticism prolongation production of the film, it RECEIVED a record-tying 14 Oscar nominations (tied with All About Eve ) at the 1998 Academy Awards . It won 11 Oscars (also tying the record for musts Oscar profit with Ben-Hur and later The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King ), including: Best Picture , Best Director , Best Art Direction , Best Cinematography , Best Visual Effects , Best Film Editing , Best Costume Design , Best Sound , Best Sound Effects Editing , Best Original Dramatic Score , Best Original Song .  Upon Receiving the Best Director Oscar, Cameron exclaimed, “I’m king of the world!”, In reference to one of the main characters’ lines from the film. After Receiving the Best Picture Oscar Along with Jon Landau , Cameron Asked for a moment of silence for the 1,500 atoms, women, and children who mayest als the ship SANK.
In March 2010, Cameron revealed therein Titanic mention anything be re-released in 3D in April 2012 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the real ship.  On March 27, 2012, Cameron attended the world premiere with Kate Winslet at the Royal Albert Hall in London.  Following the re-release, Titanic’s domestic total was Pushed to $ 658.6 million and morethan $ 2.18 billion worldwide. It became the second movie to gross morethan $ 2 billion worldwide (the first being Avatar).
Spider-Man and Dark Angel (2000-2002)
Cameron had initially next Planned to do a movie of the comic-book character Spider-Man , a project developed by Menahem Golan of Cannon Films . Columbia hired David Koepp to adapt Cameron’s treatment JSON a screen play, and Koepp’s first draft was tasks of or in word-for-word from Cameron’s story,  though later drafts ulcers Heavily rewritten by Koepp himself, Scott Rosenberg, and Alvin Sargent . Columbia favoriete to credit David Koepp solely, and none of the scripts voordat or after his ulcers ever Examined by the Writers Guild of America, East to determine proper credit attribution. [ Citation needed ] Cameron and other writers objected, but Columbia and the WGA prevailed. In zijn release in 2002, Spider-Man had zijn screen play credited solely to Koepp. 
Unable to make Spider-Man , Cameron moved to television and created Dark Angel , a superheroine -centered series Influenced by Cyberpunk , biopunk , contemporary superhero franchises, and third-wave feminism . Co-produktie with Charles H. Eglee , Dark Angel starred Jessica Alba as Max Guevara , a genetically enhanced super-soldier created by a secretive organization. Volgens to a website called DarkAngelFan.com Cameron’s work was zegt to “bring Empowered female warriors back to television screens […] by mixing the sober feminism or his Terminator and Aliens characters with the sexed-up Girl Power of a Britney Spears concert. ”  While a success, ITT first season, low ratings in the second led to cancellation zijn. Cameron himself directed the series finale, a two-hour episode wrapping up many of the series’ loose ends.
In 1998 James and John David Cameron formally a digital media company, earthship.tv, which became Earthship Productions.  The company produktie live multimedia documentaries from the Depths of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. With Earthship Productions, John Cameron’s recent projects port included undersea documentaries on the Bismarck ( Expedition: Bismarck , 2002) and the Titanic ( Ghosts of the Abyss (2003, in IMAX 3D) and Tony Robinson ‘s Titanic Adventure (2005)).  He was a producer on the 2002 film Solaris , and narrated The Exodus Decoded .
Cameron is an advocate for stereoscopic digital 3-D films . In a 2003 interview about his IMAX 2D documentary Ghosts of the Abyss , he Mentioned therein have been “going to do everything in 3D now”.  He has made similar statements in other interviews. Ghosts of the Abyss and Aliens of the Deep (also an IMAX documentary) ulcers zowel shot in 3-D and released by Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media , and Cameron did the arrangement for his new project, Avatar for 20th Century Fox & Sony Pictures ” Columbia Pictures . He intends to use the assembly technology for The Dive , Sanctum and an adaptation of the manga series Battle Angel Alita .
Cameron was the co-founder and CEO of Digital Domain , a visual-effects production and technology company.
In addition under, he plans to create a 3-D project about the first trip to Mars . ( “I’ve been very interested in the Humans to Mars movement-the ‘Mars Underground’-and I’ve done a tremendous amount of personal research for a novel, a mini series, and a 3-D film.”) [44 ] He is on the science team for the 2011 Mars Science Laboratory . 
Cameron announced on February 26, 2007, dat he, Along with his director, Simcha Jacobovici , port Documented the unearthing of the Talpiot Tomb , welke is alleged to be the tomb of Jesus. Unearthed in 1981 by Israeli construction workers, the names on the tomb are claimed in the documentary, to correlates with the names of Jesus and verschillende personen closely linked associated with im. The documentary, named The Lost Tomb of Jesus , was broadcast on the Discovery Channel on March 4, 2007.
As a National Geographic explorer-in-residence,  Cameron re-investigated the sinking of the Titanic with eight experts in 2012. The investigation was featured in the TV documentary special Titanic: The Final Word with James Cameron , welke premiered on April 8 on the National Geographic Channel .  In the conclusion of the analysis, the consensus revised the CGI animation of the sinking conceived in 1995.  
In June 2005, Cameron was announced to be working on a project tentatively Titled “Project 880” (now Berninahaus to be Avatar ) in parallel with Another project, Alita: Battle Angel (an adaptation of the manga series Battle Angel Alita ).  Both movies ulcers to be shot in 3D. In December, Cameron stated therein have wanted to film Battle Angel first, Followed by Avatar . However, in February 2006, he switched goals for the two film projects and decided to film Avatar first. He Mentioned therein if zowel films ulcers successful, he mention anything be interested in seeing a trilogy being made for beide. 
Avatar had an Estimated budget or about $ 300 million and was released on January 18, 2009.  This Marked his first feature film since 1997’s Titanic . It is Composed almost entirely of computer-generated animation, using a more-advanced version of the ” performance capture ” technique-used by director Robert Zemeckis in The Polar Express .  James Cameron had written an 80-page script element for Avatar in 1995  and announced in 1996 dat he mention anything make the film after completing Titanic . In December 2006, Cameron Explained therein the delay in Producing the film since the 1990s had leg to Wait until the technological Necessary to create his project was advanced enough, since at the time no studio mention anything about finance for the development of the visual effects.  The film was oorspronkelijk Scheduled to be released in May 2009 but was Pushed back to December 2009 to allow directive more time for post-production on the complex CGI and to give more time for Theatres worldwide to install 3D projectors.  Cameron oorspronkelijk intended Avatar to be 3D-only. 
Avatar broke box office records verschillende prolongation zijn initial theatrical run. It grossed $ 749.7 million in the United States and Canada and morethan $ 2.74 billion worldwide, Becoming the Highest-Grossing Film of all time in the United States and Canada , surpassing Cameron’s Titanic .  Avatar ook became the first movie to ever earn morethan $ 2 billion worldwide. Including revenue from the re-release of Avatar featuring extensive footage, it grossed $ 760.5 million in the United States and Canada and morethan $ 2.78 billion worldwide. It was nominated for nine Academy Awards , zoals Best Picture and Best Director ,  and won three for Best Art Direction , Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects .
Avatar’s success made Cameron the Highest earner in Hollywood for 2010 netting im $ 257 million as Reported by Vanity Fair . 
Disney announced in September 2011 dat it mention anything adapt James Cameron’s film Avatar JSON Pandora The World of Avatar ,  a themed area at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Florida .
Cameron served as the executive producer of Sanctum , a film Detailing the expedition or a team of underwater cave divers who find themselves trapped in a cave, hun exit blocked and with no Berninahaus way to reach the surface Either in person or by radio contact.
In August 2013, Cameron announced his intention to film three sequels to Avatar simultaneously, to be released in January 2016, 2017 and 2018.  However, on January 14, 2015, Cameron announced dat the release dates for the three sequels ulcers lycra delayed a year with the first sequel Scheduled to be released in December 2017.   His original plans ulcers to do Battle Angel next, but he changed his mind due to Avatar ‘s success; “My intention als I made Avatar was to do Battle Angel next. However, the positive feedback for Avatar and the support of the message or Avatar , encouraged me to do more or Those films.”  Cameron’s Light Storm Entertainment Bought the film rights to the Taylor Stevens’ novel The Informationist in October 2012 with plans for Cameron to direct it. A screenwriter will be hired to adapt the novel while Cameron works on the Avatar sequels.  Another project Cameron has announced is a personal commitment to shoot a film on the atomic Bombings or Hiroshima and Nagasaki as Told through the story of Tsutomu Yamaguchi , a man who Survived zowel attacks. Cameron met Yamaguchi just daysBefore have mayest in 2010. 
In January of 2017, it was Reported therein Cameron mention anything be involved with godfathering and Producing the next instalment in the Terminator franchise . In the co-report it was announced dat Tim Miller signed on as director, while Cameron will serve as creative consultant for the direction of the film. 
In the mid-1990s, Cameron announced dat he mention anything Make Spider-Man film, with Leonardo DiCaprio starring as Spider-Man and Arnold Schwarzenegger starring as Doc Ock . However, the project was canceled and dropped at Cameron, but his script was rewritten by David Koepp for the 2002 movie Spider-Man , or Sam Raimi .
In 1996, James Cameron decided to produce the new Instalment in the Planet of the Apes franchise , but it was canceled voordat the Tim Burton version was made. 
Cameron has leg married five times to de volgende spouses: Sharon Williams (1978-1984), Gale Anne Hurd (1985-1989), director Kathryn Bigelow (1989-1991), Linda Hamilton (1997-1999, daughter Josephine born in 1993) , and Suzy Amis (2000-present). Cameron had dated Hamilton since 1991. Eight months after the marriage, however, they ‘separated, and binnen days or Cameron’s Oscar victory with Titanic , the couple announced hun divorce. As part of the divorce settlement, Cameron was ordered to pay Hamilton $ 50 million.  Hamilton later revealed therein the reason for hun divorce was not only Cameron’s blind Devotion to his work to the exclusion of almost everything else, but ook dat he had bone dating Suzy Amis, as they ‘ulcers’ taking a break from eachother and he was free to go with her “,  an actress he cast as Lizzy Calvert in Titanic.  He married Amis in 2000, and they ‘have one sun and two daughters. Hurd was the producer or Cameron’s The Terminator , Aliens , and The Abyss , and the executive producer of Terminator 2: Judgment Day . Hamilton played will the role of Sarah Connor in zowel Terminator movies. Amis played will the part or Lizzy Calvert, Rose’s granddaughter, in Titanic . Both Cameron ( Avatar ) and Bigelow ( The Hurt Locker ) ulcers nominated for the Oscar, the Golden Globe , and the BAFTA Award for Best Director for films released in 2009. Cameron won the Golden Globe, while Bigelow won the Oscar and the BAFTA for Best Director, Becoming the first woman to win Either.  
Cameron Divides his time tussen his home in California and his second home in New Zealand,  a country he fell in love with-when he was filming Avatar .  In 2016, Cameron partnered with Tourism New Zealand to produce a series of videos for ur Expressed his love for the country. 
Cameron is a member of the NASA Advisory Council and is working on the project to put cameras on an upcoming Manned Mars mission.  Cameron has ook bepaald speeches and raised money for the Mars Society , a nonprofit organization lobbying for the Colonization of Mars .  
Cameron became an expert on deep-sea exploration in conjunction with his research and underwater filming for The Abyss (1989) and Titanic (1997) .  In June 2010, Cameron to Washington with the EPA to Discuss skies solutions to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon (BP) oil spill . Later dat week at the All Things Digital Conference, have attracted some notoriety-when he stated, “Over the last few weeks I’ve watched … and leg thinking, ‘Those morons do not know what they’re doing.” Reportedly, Cameron had offered BP help to plug the oil well, but it declined.    The oil spill was Eventually stopped using techniques similar to Those Cameron recommended. 
Hoewel de Cameron has resided in the United States since 1971 have scope for a Canadian citizen. Cameron toegepast for American citizenship in 2004 but withdrew his application after George W. Bush won the presidential selection. 
Cameron calls himself “Converted Agnostic” and says “I’ve sworn off agnosticism , welke I now call cowardly Atheism “. As a child he DESCRIBED the Lord’s Prayer as being a “tribal chant”. 
In June 2013, British artist Roger Dean Filed a legal action at a court in New York Against Cameron. Dean Accused Cameron or “wilful and Deliberate copying, Dissemination and exploitation” or his original images, Relating to Cameron’s 2009 film Avatar and SOUGHT damages or $ 50m.  Dean subsequently lost the case. 
Early in 2014, Cameron PURCHASED the Beaufort Vineyard and Estate Winery in Courtenay, British Columbia , at a price of $ 2.7 million, as well as a number of other businesses in the area, zoals cattle ranching operations, to Pursue his passion for sustainable agribusiness. 
- Jump up^ “9. James Cameron | Top Ten Billionaires In The Making | Comcast.net” . Xfinity.comcast.net. September 21, 2010 . Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Jump up^ Cieply, Michael ; Barnes, Brooks (25 July 2012). ” ‘ Avatar’ Director James Cameron Builds in New Zealand” . The New York Times . Retrieved 1 January 2017 . Jim Cameron sometimes shouted at us, and our instinct was to take it Personally.
- Jump up^ Space Foundation. (d). America’s vision: The case for space exploration , p. 42. Retrieved January 12, 2009.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Sony (2009). James Cameron returns to Abyss with Reality Camera System . Retrieved January 25, 2009.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Thompson A (2009). “The innovative new 3D tech behind James Cameron’s Avatar “. Fox News . Retrieved January 25, 2009.
- Jump up^ Glenday, Craig (2013). Guinness Book of Records . p. 204. ISBN 978-1-908843-15-9 .
- Jump up^ Milian, Mark; Rebecca Keegan (January 10, 2009). “James Cameron Biographer says the ‘Avatar’ director is half scientist, half artist [Updated]” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved January 5, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Parisi P (1998). Titanicand the making of James Cameron: The inside story of the three-year adventure dat rewrote motion picture history. New York: Newmarket. Partial text. Retrieved January 5, 2010.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Than, Ker (March 25, 2012). “James Cameron completes record-breaking Mariana Trench Dive” . National Geographic Society . Retrieved March 25, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Broad, William J. (March 25, 2012). “Filmmaker in Submarine Voyages to Bottom of Sea” . New York Times . Retrieved March 25, 2012 .
- Jump up^ AP Staff (March 25, 2012). “James Cameron has reached DEEPEST spot on Earth” . MSNBC . Retrieved March 25, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Box Office Mojo (2010). “James Cameron movie box office results”. Retrieved February 2, 2010.
- Jump up^ “All Time Worldwide Box Office Grosses” . Boxofficemojo.com . Retrieved May 6, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Newcomb, Peter (March 2011). “Hollywood’s Top 40” . Vanity Fair .
- Jump up^ Sergio Prostak (4 November 2013). “Two New Frog Species, Discovered in Venezuela, One Named after James Cameron” . Sci-News.com . Retrieved 5 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ Kok, Philippe JR (2013). “Two new Charismatic Pristimantis species (Anura: Craugastoridae) from the tepuis of the” Lost World “(Pantepui region, South America)” . European Journal of Taxonomy (60). doi : 10.5852 / ejt.2013.60 .
- Jump up^ Michael Destries (12 April 2014). “Director James Cameron on Vegan Diet: Like I’ve Set the Clock Back 15 Years.” . Ecorazzi.com . Retrieved 12 April 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Keegan, Rebecca (January 15, 2010). ” ‘ The Futurist: The Life and Films of James Cameron ‘ ” . New York Times . Retrieved February 18, 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “James Cameron Biography (1954-)” . Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies . NetIndustries LLC.
- Jump up^ Goodyear, Dana (October 26, 2009). “Man of Extremes: The Return of James Cameron” . The New Yorker . Retrieved January 29, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Marc Shapiro, James Cameron: An Unauthorized Biography of the Filmmaker, Renaissance Books, Los Angeles (2000), pp.44-47
- ^ Jump up to:a b Media Pro Tech Inc. “James Cameron Biography at Filmmakers Magazine” . Filmmakers.com . Retrieved August 27, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Field, Syd. “Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Part I)” . Retrieved 2015-02-07 .
- Jump up^ The Force Is With Them: The Legacy of Star Wars, 2004.
- Jump up^ “James Cameron” . Internet Movie Database . 2011 . Retrieved August 14, 2011 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Biography” . Amazingcameron.com . Retrieved February 21, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Orion Pictures Corporation [us]” . Internet Movie Database . 2011 . Retrieved August 11, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “The Terminator (1984)” . Box Office Mojo .
- Jump up^ “Biography” . Amazingcameron.com . Retrieved August 27, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Flashback Five – James Cameron’s Best Movies” . Amctv.com. October 5, 2010 . Retrieved October 7, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Dougherty, Margot (July 12, 1991). “A NEW BODY OF WORK | Linda Hamilton | Cover Story | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly” . Ew.com . Retrieved August 27, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Michael Fleming (May 9, 2007). “More ‘Terminator’ on the way ‘ . Variety . Retrieved May 8, 2008 .
- Jump up^ “Cameron does it again as Avatar ‘surpasses’ Titanic ‘ ‘ . Newsday . February 3, 2010 . Retrieved December 3, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Hunter, Stephen (March 23, 1998), ” Titanic Weighs Anchor With Record-Tying 11 Oscars at Academy Awards”, The Washington Post . Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- Jump up^ Weinraub Bernard (March 24, 1998), ” Titanic Ties Record With 11 Oscars, Including Best Picture”,The New York Times. Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- Jump up^ ” ‘Avatar’ director James Cameron: 3D Promising, but caution needed”, USA Today , March 11, 2010. Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- Jump up^ “Titanic Kate Winslet and James Cameron at 3D premiere”. BBC News. Retrieved January 3, 2013
- Jump up^ “King of the World: The Complete Works of James Cameron”. Total Film (Special Supplement; pub. January 2009) . January 2010. After the success of The Terminator, Cameron was announced as writer and director of a $ 60m big-screen adaptation of the comic book classic. But thanks to a Tangled Web or litigation, studio bankrupticies, and wrangling over screen play credits, dat movie never saw light … What scope for, however, is Cameron’s tantalising 47-page Spidey “script element, a compacted screen play-cum-narrative dat mapped out his entire film in letter … Koepp’s first draft was tasks of or in word-for-word from Cameron’s story, though later versions ulcers Heavily rewritten in numerous screenwriters. On Despite this-and much to Cameron’s chagrin- Koepp’s name is the only one on the screen play.
- Jump up^ “Who is Spider-Man? At” . Hollywood.com. January 26, 2000 . Retrieved August 27, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Eyes Only” . DarkAngelFan.com . Archived from the original on October 27, 2016.
- Jump up^ 20,000 Stories Under the SeaLos Angeles Times in 2001
- Jump up^ “Tony Robinson’s Titanic Adventure” . British Film Institute . Retrieved July 2, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Wootton, Adrian (April 24, 2003). “James Cameron – part two”. The Guardian . London . Retrieved April 2, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron’s Mars Reference Design” . Astrobiology . January 30, 2004. Archived from the original on December 23, 2006 . Retrieved January 10, 2007 .
- Jump up^ “MSL Mastcam, Mahli, MARDI Science Team” . Msss.com. Archived from the original on March 25, 2010 . Retrieved August 27, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Explorers: James Cameron” . National Geographic Society . Retrieved 23 April 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Titanic: 100 Years” . Titanic: The Final Word with James Cameron . National Geographic Channel . 2012. Archived fromthe original on April 20, 2012 . Retrieved 23 April 2012 .
- Jump up^ Ford, Allan (5 April 2012). “TITANIC: THE FINAL WORD WITH JAMES CAMERON: New Footage Demonstrating Exactly How the Titanic Sank” . FilmoFilia . Retrieved 23 April 2012 .
- Jump up^ Moss, Gabrielle (8 April 2012). “Titanic: The Final Word with James Cameron” . The Faster Times . Retrieved 23 April 2012 .
- Jump up^ Anne Thompson and Sheigh Crabtree (June 14, 2005). “Cameron turns to new project” . Hollywoodreporter.com. Archived from the original on August 28, 2009 . Retrieved August 27, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Carroll, Larry (June 29, 2006). ” ‘ Titanic’ King James Cameron’s Big Comeback – Movie News Story | MTV Movie News” . Mtv.com . Retrieved August 27, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “www.avatarmovie.com” . 20th Century Fox . Retrieved January 30, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Harry Knowles (January 9, 2007). “Harry interviews James Cameron Regarding AVATAR – No, Not dat one, The One You’re Dying To See! – Part 1!” . Is not It Cool News . Retrieved January 10, 2007 .
- Jump up^ Jensen, Jeff (January 15, 2007). “James Cameron talks Avatar” . Entertainment Weekly .
- Jump up^ Waxman, Sharon (January 9, 2007). “Computers Join Actors in Hybrids On Screen” . The New York Times . Retrieved April 2, 2010 .
- Jump up^ McClintock, Pamela; Fleming, Michael (December 11, 2007). “Fox shifts’ Avatar, ” museum ‘ ‘ . Variety .
- Jump up^ Robey, Tim (January 19, 2009). “Avatar: changing the face of film for ever” . London: Telegraph.co.uk . Retrieved January 5, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Olivia (January 26, 2010). ” ‘ Avatar’ ends’ Titanic’s Reign as Highest Grossing movie ever” . NY Daily News . New York. Archived from the original on January 29, 2010 . Retrieved January 26, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “List of Academy Award nominations” . CNN . February 2, 2010 . Retrieved February 2, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron tops Hollywood’s Richest survey” published by the International Business Times AU . Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- Jump up^ Cody, Anthony (22 September 2011). “Disney to build Avatar attractions at its theme parks” . The Telegraph . London . Retrieved 23 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ ” ‘ Avatar’ Sequels upped To Three, Fox, James Cameron set Trio Of Writers To Spearhead” .
- Jump up^ Brent Long (January 14, 2015). “James Cameron Pushes Back ‘Avatar’ Sequels In a Year” . Variety . Retrieved January 14, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron Says ‘Avatar’ Sequel Delayed Until 2017” . The Hollywood Reporter . Associated Press. January 14, 2015 . Retrieved January 14, 2015 .
- Jump up^ I am James Cameron. AMA .: IAMA – Reddit
- Jump up^ Keegan, Rebecca (October 23, 2012). “James Cameron to direct ‘The Informationist ‘ ‘ . Los Angeles Times . The Los Angeles Times Media Group. Archived from the original on March 13, 2013 . Retrieved March 13, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron on his” Hiroshima “movie – due” sometime voordat the next nuclear war ‘ ‘ . Entertainment Weekly I.
- Jump up^ http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/805629-new-terminator-movie#/slide/1
- Jump up^ Hughes 2004, pp. 41-43.
- Jump up^ # 7: James Cameron and Linda Hamilton, $ 50 million – The 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces – Zimbio
- Jump up^ Sewards, Lisa (February 5, 2011). “My Rollercoaster Marriage To The Crazy Genius Behind Avatar”. Daily Mail .
- Jump up^ Hall, Katy (February 5, 2010). “One or James Cameron’s Ex-Wives Tells Tales Of His Huge Ego” . Huffingtonpost.com . Retrieved March 23, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Bigelow Becomes first woman to win a BAFTA director prize”. Screen Daily . February 23, 2010 . Retrieved September 3, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Kathryn Bigelow makes history as the first woman to win best director Oscar” . The Guardian . March 8, 2010 . Retrieved September 3, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Lucy Morris (July 20, 2016). “Oscar-winning Avatar director James Cameron steps in front of the camera to explain why living in stunning New Zealand is like being in a movie” . Daily Mail . Retrieved January 31, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Staff (February 3, 2012). “Hollywood director James Cameron moving to New Zealand” . Herald Sun . Retrieved March 26, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron’s New Zealand” . www.newzealand.com . Retrieved 3 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Director James Cameron Works with NASA on Future Mars Mission” . Science Channel ‘s Mars Rising . Space.com .
- Jump up^ Mars Society Conference August 1999 Roll-9, FreeMars.org 1999
- Jump up^ James Cameron tells of plans for MARS mini series & IMAX 3D !!! , Is not It Cool News, August 15, 1999
- ^ Jump up to:a b Ed Pilkington (June 27, 2010). “Top Kill meets Titanic: James Cameron returns will fight Against oil spill” . guardian.co.uk . London . Retrieved March 29, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Miller, SA (June 4, 2010). ” ‘ Titanic’ shot at ‘morons ‘ ‘ . New York Post . Retrieved June 4, 2010 .
- Jump up^ James Quinn (May 13, 2010). “Gulf of Mexico oil spill: James Cameron offers private Submarines to help BP clean-up” . The Telegraph . London . Retrieved March 29, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron Says Government Ignored His Oil Spill Response Plan” . August 8, 2010 . Retrieved September 23, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Goodyear, Dana (October 26, 2009). “Man of Extremes: The Return of James Cameron” . The New Yorker . Retrieved August 31, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Keegan, Rebecca Winters (2009). The Futurist: The Life and Films of James Cameron . Crown Publishers. p. 8. ISBN 978-0-307-46031-8 . Retrieved February 21, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron Sued by artist Roger Dean on Avatar ‘ . BBC News. June 30, 2013 . Retrieved June 30, 2013 .
- Jump up^ http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/09/18/71521.htm
- Jump up^ Penner, Drew (February 13, 2014). “James Cameron Purchases Valley winery” . Times Colonist . Retrieved February 13, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Cameron, James (March 8, 2012). “You’d harbor loved it” . National Geographic Society . Retrieved March 26, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Rebecca Morelle (March 26, 2012). “James Cameron back on surface after DEEPEST ocean dive” . BBC News . Retrieved March 26, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Man’s DEEPEST Dive”. Jacques Piccard. National Geographic . August 1960.
- Jump up^ “Deepsea Challenge 3D” . IMDB . Retrieved 13 February 2015 .
- Jump up^ Video from James Cameron Deep Sea Dive reveals New Species. Retrieved March 19th, 2013
- Jump up^ Barclay, Eliza (June 8, 2014). “James Cameron-Backed School To Terminate Meat And Dairy” . NPR . Archived from the original on August 15, 2014 . Retrieved 2014-08-15 . The turn happened, Amis Cameron says, als the couple went vegan in 2012 after watching the documentary Forks over Knives .
- Jump up^ Woods, Judith (2012-10-02). “Rare interview with director James Cameron: Titanic temper, Kate Winslet, and veganism” . Calgary Herald . Archived from the original on 2012-10-06 . Retrieved 2014-08-15 . He drives a Toyota Hybrid therein is a whole six years old and recently became vegan, Along with his family or five children, aged from five to 23.
- Jump up^ “National Geographic 125th gala: James Cameron goes vegan, Felix Baumgartner dazzles the ladies” . Washington Post . 15 June, 2013.
- Jump up^ “James Cameron Ask Me Anything” .
- Jump up^ Metro.co.uk, Deni Kirkova for. “First ever vegan school in the US says u can not consume animals and care for the environment”. Metro . Retrieved 2016-01-09 .
- Jump up^ Joss Whedon: I Kept count my mum reading comics mention anything about pay-off ‘
- Jump up^ “/ Film Interview: Joss Whedon, Writer and Director of ‘The Avengers ‘ ‘ . Retrieved July 16, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Fernandez, Jay A. (May 25, 2011). “Michael Bay reveals James Cameron’s Secret Role in the Making of ‘Transformers ‘ ‘ . The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved July 16, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Hogan, Mike (May 13, 2013). “Baz Luhrmann, Great Gatsby ‘Director wordt uitgelegd The 3D, The Hip Hop, The Sanitarium And More” . Huffington Post.
- Jump up^ “PJ FAQ” . Archived from the original on December 25, 2007 . Retrieved June 5, 2013 .
- Jump up^ ‘Chappie’ review: Director Neill Blomkamp stumbles with grating sci-fi comedy
- Jump up^ Quentin Tarantino gushes About ‘Avatar’ At The Golden Globes
- Jump up^ “Author Chat Transcript” . Barnes & Noble . August 31, 1999.
- Jump up^ “Uncle Orson Reviews Everything: Orson Welles Up in the Air” . January 3, 2010.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Gumbel, Andrew (January 11, 2007). “The Return of James Cameron” . The Independent . London.
- Jump up^ Worthington’s appearanceon The Jay Leno Show [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ Walker, Tim (January 12, 2009). “James Cameron: Another Planet” . The Independent . London.
- Jump up^ Bowles Duncan (August 31, 2011). “The ultimate Michael Biehn interview: The Abyss, Tombstone, and his directorial debut, The Victim” . Den or Geek .
- Jump up^ “James Horner James Cameron pays tribute to composer – BBC News” . BBC News . Retrieved 2016-06-06 .
- Jump up^ Flores, Marshall. “In Memoriam: a Tribute to James Horner (1953 – 2015)” . Awards Daily . Retrieved 2016-06-06 .
- Jump up^ http://variety.com/2014/scene/news/oscar-parties-academy-awards-governors-ball-elton-john-fame-philanthropy-1201124479/
- Jump up^ “Jamie Lee Curtis and Kids Arrive for Avatar” . interviewmagazine.com .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Cameron, James” . The Locus Index to SF Awards: Index of Dramatic Nominees . Locus Publications . Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Jump up^ “Honorary Degrees Awarded at Campus | CSU” . Calstate.edu . Retrieved August 27, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “National Oceanography Centre Heralds Cameron achievement” . NOC. March 26, 2012 . Retrieved July 5, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Steve Nash, kd lang onder new Walk of Fame inductees” . CTV .ca. June 3, 2008 . Retrieved June 3, 2008 . [ Permanently dead link ]
- Jump up^ ” ‘ Avatar’ Director Gets Star On Walk Of Fame” . CBS . December 18, 2009. Archived from the original on February 2, 2010 . Retrieved January 19, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “67TH Annual Golden Globe Awards” . January 10, 2010. Archived from the original on January 8, 2010 . Retrieved January 10, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Ridley J (2010). James Cameron and Kathryn Bigelow: Exes go from divorce contention to Oscar contention . NYDailyNews. Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- Jump up^ Bradshaw, Peter; Kermode, Mark (September 24, 2010). “The 2010 Guardian Film Power 100” . The Guardian . London.
- Jump up^ “30th James Cameron – 50 People Who Matter 2010 |” . Retrieved November 2, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Science Fiction Hall of Fame: EMP Museum Announces the 2012 Science Fiction Hall of Fame inductees”. May / June 2012. EMP Museum (empmuseum.org). Archived July 22, 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Jump up^ List of braces RECEIVED at Avatar
- Jump up^ P Vlad (January 27, 2009). “The Star Wars à Avatar: prouesse technologique et science fiction politique” (in French) . Retrieved January 2, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Linh (January 17, 2009). “Avatar in 3D, sci-fi fantasy action drama film review” . Retrieved January 2, 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Joseph Dilworth Jr. (January 18, 2009). “Review: James Cameron’s’ Avatar ‘ ‘ . Retrieved January 2, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Nathan Southern. “Who2 Biography: James Cameron Filmmaker” . All Movie Guide . Retrieved January 2, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron” . Rotten Tomatoes . Retrieved May 7, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron” . Metacritic . Retrieved May 7, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “CinemaScore” . cinemascore.com . Retrieved May 7, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “James Cameron Movie Box Office” . boxofficemojo.com . Amazon.com . Retrieved April 8, 2015 .