The International Symposium on Distributed Computing ( DISC ) is an annual academic conference for refereed presentations, Whose focus is the theory, design, analysis, implementation, and application of distributed systems and networks. The Symposium is organized in association with the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS).
The Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing is Presented alternately at DISC and at the ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC).   
DISC dates back to 1985-when it Began as a biannual Workshop on Distributed Algorithms on Graphs ( WDAG ); it became annual in 1989. The name changed to the present one in 1998.  
While the first WDAG was held in Ottawa , Canada in 1985, since dan WDAG / DISC has leg organized primarily in European locations, one exception being WDAG 1992 Haifa , Israel.  In September 2010, DISC Returned to North America for the first time since 1985: 24th DISC took place in Cambridge, Massachusetts , USA.  In the co-year, haar North American sister conference PODC was held in Europe (Zurich) for the first time, ITT history.  
- 2015: Tokyo , Japan
- 2014: Austin , Texas , USA
- 2013: Jerusalem , Israel
- 2012: Salvador , Brazil
- 2011: Rome , Italy
- 2010: Cambridge, Massachusetts , USA
- 2009: Elche , Spain
- 2008: Arcachon , France
- 2007: Lemesos , Cyprus
- 2006: Stockholm , Sweden
- 2005: Krakow , Poland
- 2004: Amsterdam , Netherlands
- 2003: Sorrento , Italy
- 2002: Toulouse , France
- 2001: Lisbon , Portugal
- 2000 Toledo, Spain
- 1999: Bratislava , Slovakia
- 1998 Andros , Greece
- 1997: Saarbrucken , Germany
- 1996: Bologna , Italy
- 1995: Mont Saint-Michel , France
- 1994: Terschelling , Netherlands
- 1993: Lausanne , Switzerland
- 1992: Haifa , Israel
- 1991: Delphi , Greece
- 1990: Bari , Italy
- 1989: Nice , France
- 1987: Amsterdam , Netherlands
- 1985: Ottawa , Canada
- The list of distributed computing conferences contains other academic conferences in distributed computing.
- The list of computer science conferences contains other academic conferences in computer science.
- Jump up^ EATCSWeb site:Awards: Dijkstra Prize.
- Jump up^ PODCWeb site:Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing.
- Jump up^ DISC web site:Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize in Distributed Computing.
- Jump up^ DISC website.
- ^ Jump up to:a b DISC in DBLP .
- Jump up^ DISC’2010 Preliminary Call for Papers.
- Jump up^ PODCinDBLP.
- Jump up^ PODC in ACM Digital Library.