The International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (or IPDPS ) is an annual conference for engineers and scientists to present recent findings in the areas of parallel processing and distributed computing . In addition under to technical sessions or Submitted paper presentations, the meeting offers workshops, tutorials, and commercial presentations & exhibits. IPDPS is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society ‘s Technical Committee on Parallel Processing.
IPDPS is a week-long symposium therein Typically of includes three days or a main track, two days or about 20 workshops book thing the main track, one or more tutorials, a panel, several keynote talks, and a banquet. The main track consists of high-quality, peer-reviewed papers representing original unpublished research in all areas of parallel and distributed processing, zoals the development of experimental or commercial systems. IPDPS topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Parallel and distributed algorithms, which focuses on issues zoals: stability, scalability, and fault tolerance or distribution systems, communication and synchronization protocols, network algorithms, and scheduling and load balancing.
- Applications of parallel and distributed computing, zoals webtoepassingen, peer-to-peer computing, grid computing, scientific applications, and mobile computing.
- Parallel and distributed architectures, zoals shared memory, distributed memory (including petascale system designs, and architectures with instruction-level and thread-level parallelism), special-purpose models (including signal and image processors, network processors, other special purpose processors) nontraditional processor technologies, network and interconnect architectures, parallel I / O and storage systems, system design issues for low power, design for high reliability, and performance modeling and evaluation.
- Parallel and Distributed software, zoals parallel programming languages and compilers, runtime systems, operating systems, resource management, middleware, libraries, data mining, and programming environments and tools.
The conference Began in 1987 as the Orange County Parallel Processing Conference voordat being renamed as the International Parallel Processing Symposium (IPPs). In 1998, the Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Systems (SPDP) merged with IPPs; and in 2000, the conference took the now familiar names: International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS). Five of the original volunteer organizers port served the conference for over two decades, Viktor Prasanna , George Westrom , Sally Jelinek Westrom , Susamma Barua , and Bill Pitts .
- 1987 – Fullerton, California , United States
- 1988 – Fullerton, California, USA
- 1989 – Fullerton, California, USA
- 1990 – Fullerton, California, USA
- 1991 – Anaheim, California , USA
- 1992 – Beverly Hills, California , USA
- 1993 – Newport Beach, California , USA
- 1994 – Cancun , Mexico
- 1995 – Santa Barbara, California , USA
- 1996 – Honolulu , Hawaii , USA
- 1997 – Geneva , Switzerland
- 1998 – Orlando, Florida , USA
- 1999 – San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 2000 – Cancun, Mexico
- 2001 – San Francisco, California , USA
- 2002 – Fort Lauderdale, Florida , USA
- 2003 – Nice , France
- 2004 – Santa Fe, New Mexico , USA
- 2005 – Denver , Colorado , USA
- 2006 – Rhodes Island , Greece
- 2007 – Long Beach, California , USA
- 2008 – Miami, Florida , USA
- 2009 – Rome , Italy
- 2010 – Atlanta, Georgia , USA
- 2011 – Anchorage, Alaska , USA
- 2012 – Shanghai , China
- 2013 – Cambridge, Massachusetts , USA
- 2014 – Phoenix, Arizona , USA
- 2015 – Hyderabad , INDIA
- 2016 – Chicago, Illinois , USA
- 2017 – Orlando, Florida , USA