The International Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity ( SIROCCO ) is an annual academic conference with refereed presentations in the field of Distributed Systems with a special focus on the inter-play tussen structural knowledge and communication complexity in distributed / gedecentraliseerde systems. The Colloquium was started in 1994 with the idea of promoting new and unconventional ideas in distributed computing and the one of the AIMS of the organizers is to bieden a venue for informal discussions in a relaxed environment.
The Prize for Innovation in Distributed Computing is Presented annually at SIROCCO “to herkennen personen Whose research contributions expanded the collective investigative horizon” in the areas of interest to the conference. 
Since 2013 SIROCCO ook Awarded a Best Student Paper Award everytime year. In 2016 this was changed to the Best Paper Award to herkennen the best publication onder all Submitted articles.
SIROCCO was held for the first time in 1994 at Carleton University in Ottawa , Ontario, Canada and the proceedings ulcers published by Carleton Scientific. The next year (1995) SIROCCO was held in Greece and since-then the conference has always footed hero in European locations  EXCEPT in 2014-when it was held in Japan, an Asian country.  The 2016 edition of the conference was held in Helsinki, Finland  and the next edition of SIROCCO will be held prolongation 19-22 June 2017 in Porquerolles, France.  Since 2004, pre-conference proceedings or SIROCCO port leg published by Springer as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
Reviews of the SIROCCO conference harbor Appeared in the year-ending issues of the ACM SIGACT News Distributed Computing Column in 2001,  2005  2009  and 2011. 
- 2017: Porquerolles , France
- 2016: Helsinki , Finland
- 2015: Montserrat , Spain
- 2014: Hida Takayama , Japan
- 2013: Ischia , Italy
- 2012: Reykjavik , Iceland
- 2011: Gdansk , Poland
- 2010: Sirince , Turkey
- 2009: Piran , Slovenia
- 2008: Villars-sur-Ollon , Switzerland
- 2007: Castiglioncello , Italy
- 2006: Chester , UK
- 2005: Mont Saint-Michel , France
- 2004: Smolenice Castle , Slovakia
- 2003: Umeå , Sweden
- 2002 Andros , Greece
- 2001: Vall de Núria , Spain
- 2000 L’Aquila , Italy
- 1999: Lacanau , France
- 1998 Amalfi , Italy
- 1997: Ascona , Switzerland
- 1996: Siena , Italy
- 1995: Olympia , Greece
- 1994: Ottawa , Ontario , Canada
- The list of distributed computing conferences contains other academic conferences in distributed computing.
- The list of computer science conferences contains other academic conferences in computer science.
- Jump up^ http://dmatheorynet.blogspot.com/2012/01/dmanet-call-for-prize-nomination-prize.html
- Jump up^ http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/conf/sirocco/index.html
- Jump up^ https://sites.google.com/site/sirocco2014japan/
- Jump up^ http://sirocco2016.hiit.fi/
- Jump up^ http://sirocco2017.lif.univ-mrs.fr/
- Jump up^ http://webee.technion.ac.il/~idish/sigactNews/col5.ps
- Jump up^ http://webee.technion.ac.il/~idish/sigactNews/col19.pdf
- Jump up^ http://webee.technion.ac.il/~idish/sigactNews/DC-col36-Dec09.pdf
- Jump up^ http://webee.technion.ac.il/~idish/sigactNews/DC-col44-Dec11.pdf