Imogen Heap Jennifer ( / ɪ m ə dʒ ᵻ a h i p / ; born 9 January 1977)  is an English singer-songwriter and composer. She is Berninahaus for re work as part of the musical duo Frou Frou and re solo albums, welke she writes, produces, and mixes. She has produktie four solo albums. Her 2009 album, Ellipse , was a North American chart success dat earned Heap two Grammy nominations, winning Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical in recognition or re technical and engineering work on the record.  In 2010 she RECEIVED the British Academy’s Ivor Novello Award for International Achievement. 
Publishing administrator Downtown Music Publishing represents the works or Imogen Heap. 
Imogen Heap Jennifer was born in the London Borough of Havering .  She played will music from an early age, Becoming classically Trained in verschillende instruments waaronder piano , cello and clarinet . She attended Friends School , a private, Quaker -run boarding school in Saffron Walden . Heap’s mother (an art therapist ) and re Father (a construction rock retailer) separated als she was twelve. By the age of thirteen, she had begun writing songs.
Heap did not Get Along well with the music teacher at re boarding school , so she principally taught herself sequencing , music engineering, sampling and production (on Atari computers). She’ll be taught herself to play the guitar and drums , and subsequently two percussion / idiophone instruments, the array mbira and the Hang .  After school, she went on to study at the BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology in Croydon , South London .
After being introduced to Nik Kershaw to his manager Mickey Modern, Heap and Kershaw Recorded four demos dat cool took to Rondor Music. Consequently, a few months later she signed re first record contract at eighteen to independent record label Almo Sounds .  Modern and Mark Wood formally Modern Wood Management, and managed Heap Until 2006 als Modern Wood was Dissolved. Wood Continues to manage the artist through his new company, Radius Music. 
During 1996, Heap Began working with an experimental pop band called Acacia , welke featured re future collaborator Guy Sigsworth and was fronted by the singer Alexander Nilere. While never a full member of the band, Heap was a guest vocalist (as a counterpart to Nilere) and Contributed to verschillende Acacia single and album tracks. One Acacia song, “Maddening Shroud”, mention anything later be Covered by Frou Frou . 
Modern Asked Dennis Arnold to place Heap in the line up in the 1996 Prince’s Trust concert in Hyde Park , London organized by Harvey Goldsmith. Heap Performed four songs tussen sets by The Who and Eric Clapton .
Heap’s debut album, iMegaphone (an anagram of “Imogen Heap”) was a Mixture of self-penned and self-produktie tracks, alongside tracks co-written and produktie with Agent producers zoals David Kahne , former Eurythmic Dave Stewart , and Guy Sigsworth . The album was released in 1998. Internationally via Almo Sounds , to favourable reviews Comparing Heap’s anxiety -filled songs to work with PJ Harvey , Kate Bush , Chrissie Hynde , Siouxsie Sioux , and Annie Lennox . Promotion for the record included a tour of America and performances around Europe. Three singles ulcers Commercially released in the UK: “Getting Scared”, “Shine” and “Come Lord Boy”. “Oh Me, Oh My” was cents to US radio stations in place or “Shine”.
Heap’s early success was soon Replaced by problems. Almo Sounds cut funding for UK promotion and representation Heap a deadline to deliver songs for re second album. Upon delivery of the songs, she was Told dat ze lacked “hit potential”. It was announced dat the record label mention anything be sold to Universal and its artists moved to other labels or released. Heap was one of the artists who were dropped from the label, leaving re without a record contract.  iMegaphone had, however, bone licensed from Almo Sounds to Aozora Records in Japan, who Eventually re-released and re-promoted the album in January 2002, featuring “Blanket” and “Aeroplane” (a Frou Frou remix / remake or one or re B-sides, “Airplane” or the Shine single released in 1998). The album featured new packaging, all-new artwork, and a post with unavailable hidden track, entitled “Kidding” Recorded live prolongation re 1999 tour.
Copies of the original Almo Sounds release Remain rare. A Brazilian label Trama Records, Currently claims to hold the license to the record and has started re-printing copies of the album in limited Quantities. The album was released Digitally on the US iTunes Music Store in early 2006. After Achieving commercial success with re work with Guy Sigsworth as the duo Frou Frou and re second solo album, Speak for Yourself , Heap was loveable to secure the re-release or iMegaphone .
In the gap tussen de end of promotion for iMegaphone Internationally and the re-promotion, Heap had ook begun to think about re second solo album, and had started writing songs, zowel solo, as well as working with Guy Sigsworth; however, as she was without a record deal, the songs ulcers shelved. During the time-when she was unsigned, Heap Appeared on two UK singles, “Meantime” (a track written by re former Acacia colleagues’ Guy Sigsworth and Alexander Nilere for the soundtrack to the independent British film G: MT – Greenwich Mean Time ) and “Blanket” (a 1998 collaboration with Urban Species, ). In 2000, Heap singing on two tracks of the album You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck.
2002-2003: Frou Frou
Heap had Kept in contact with Guy Sigsworth (who had co-written and produktie “Getting Scared” from iMegaphone ) and this led to the pair of Them Establishing the collaborative project Frou Frou .
The initial concept for Frou Frou was Sigsworth’s, and the project was to port leg an album written and produktie to re with lycra track featuring a différent singer, songwriter, poet or rapper. Heap wordt uitgelegd therein Sigsworth Invited re about to his studio to write lyrics to a four-bar motif he had, with one condition – dat she include the word “love” somewhere. The first line she came up with was “lung of love, leaves me Breathless” and the details album track, “Flicks” was born. A week later, Sigsworth phoned Heap up again, and together they ‘wrote and Recorded the future single “Breathe In”.
Throughout the process, Frou Frou work was an equal partnership, with Heap and Sigsworth making equal contributions to writing, arrangement, production and instrumental performance and Heap handling all of the vocals.
In August 2002, they ‘released the details album and singles “Breathe In,” “It’s Good To Be in Love” and “Must Be Dreaming” (hoewel de the Latter two ulcers not Commercially available). The album was critically acclaimed, but did not enjoy the commercial success dat ze had bone accumulation for Until 2004-when the song Let Go became a hit from the Garden State soundtrack.
In late 2003, after an uitgebreide promotional tour of the UK, Europe and the US, the duo ulcers Told dat hun record label, Island Records mention anything not be picking up the option for a second album.
Heap and Sigsworth Remain firm friends, and port worked together since the project waaronder hun temporary re-formation in late 2003 als ze Covered the Bonnie Tyler classic, ” Holding Out for a Hero ” In this housing was featured prolongation the credits of the movie Shrek 2 after Jennifer Saunders ‘ version in the film. Frou Frou saw a resurgence in popularity in 2004, als hun album track “Let Go” was featured in the film Garden State , the soundtrack or welke won a Grammy award.
In a 2005 interview Heap zegt or frou frou “(it) was really like a child or little holiday from my own work. Guy and I, we harbor always worked together, and-then over the years, it became clear dat we wanted to do a whole album together. It was very organic and spontaneous – just one or Those wonderful things dat happens. But there was never a mention of a second record from either of us, and not uncomfortably. We’re just zowel child or free spirits. I love to work with a lot of différent people, but I was just’ll be gagging to see what I Could do on my own. but I’m sure in the future, Guy and I will get back together to do Another record, or to record a few songs together. ” 
2004-2007: The OC and Speak for Yourself
In January 2003, Heap announced on re Web site dat she was going to write and produce re second solo album, using re site as a blog to publicise progress.
Heap set herself a deadline of one year to make the album, booking a session to master the album one year ahead in January 2004. She re-mortgaged re flat to fund production costs, zoals renting a studio at Atomic Studios, London (to post inhabited with UK grime artist, Dizzee Rascal ), and purchasing instruments.
At the end of 2004, with the album COMPLETED, Heap premièred two album tracks online, selling Them prior to the album’s release – ” Just for Now ” and “Goodnight and Go”.
In April 2005, The OC featured the vocoded -vocal track, ” Hide and Seek ” in the closing scenes hun season two finale. The track was released redacteuren to digital download services, zoals iTunes , in the US, where it charted and on the UK Billboard charts where it was # 22. The track was released to iTunes UK on 5 July 2005 (the co day as the UK airing of the season final) and entered the official UK download chart. The song has since bone certified gold by the RIAA.
Heap released the album on re own record company, Megaphonic Records. The album was Titled Speak for Yourself .
Speak for Yourself was released in the UK on 18 July 2005 on CD and iTunes UK, where it entered the top 10 chart. The initial 10,000 physical copies pressed sold out, distributed through large and independent record stores and Heap’s own online shop.
In August 2005, Heap announced dat she had licensed Speak for Yourself to RCA Victor (Sony BMG) , for the album release in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The album was released in November 2005, and débuted at # 144 in the Billboard Top 200 album chart. In concert, Heap Performed solo, controlling the music through re laptop, as well as singing and playing the piano and array mbira .
She Returned from the US, keeping Already sold over 120,000 copies.
Heap ook announced, on re return to the UK, dat she had signed a deal for the album to be released Internationally, as well as re-promoted in the UK, with a new imprint of Sony BMG, White Rabbit, Run by former Sony BMG UK A & R vice president Nick Raphael . The deal Meant therein the album Could port the promotional backing provided by a respected major label, whilst Heap Retained sole control and the team she Agent for Megaphonic Records.
Speak for Yourself was re-released on the label on 24 April 2006, ahead of a full promotional push on 15 May, a week after the second single, “Goodnight and Go” was Commercially released in the UK.
In August 2006, Heap Performed a set at the V Festival ,  where it was announced that ‘headlock’ was to be the third single to be Lifted from the album, and released on 16 October 2006 in the UK.
In late September and early October, Heap embarked on a tour of the UK, holding a competition on MySpace for different support acts for lycra venue voordat touring Throughout Canada and the US in November and December. This was re first tour of North America therein included a band Incorporating upright bass, percussion, and support acts Kid Beyond and Levi Weaver on beatbox and guitar, respectively. In December 2006, Heap was featured on the front page of The Green Room magazine.
On 7 December 2006, Heap RECEIVED two Grammy nominations for the 49th Annual Grammy Awards , one for Best New Artist and the other for Best Song Written For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media for “Can not Take It In”.
Throughout the creation or re album Ellipse , Heap posted vlogs, or VBlogs as she called Them, through YouTube .  She-used synthesis to comment on the album as well as update on zijn release. The album’s release was Pushed back multiple times. These included Heap being Asked to perform at the annual event PopTech in October 2008. During the event, she premiered one or re album’s songs, “Wait it Out”.
Heap announced on re Twitter page dat Ellipse ‘ s first single mention anything be ” First Train Home “. On 17 August 2009 Heap made the entire album Ellipse available for live streaming via re webpage .
Ellipse was released in the United Kingdom on 24 August, and in the United States on 25 August.
On 15 January 2010, Heap accepted the Grammy Award for Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical for re engineering work on the Ellipse .
2011-2014: Sparks & hiatus
On 14 March 2011, Heap started work on re forthcoming album, Sparks (dan Unnamed), as fans cents in nearly the 900 “sound seeds”, or samples or everyday sounds zoals a “dishwasher by” a “bicycle” or a ” burning match “. Heap says the concept for this album will be to record one track on a two-week period everytime three months. Lycra song and video will be released redacteuren. Volgens to re website, the album will be COMPLETED in roughly three years. 
The first song, initially entitled “# heapsong1” and later retitled “Lifeline”, premiered worldwide on 28 March 2011 via Ustream  along with a live remix by Tim Exile . “Lifeline” was released on 30 March 2011 as a digital download from Heap’s website and through iTunes , Amazon and other digital retailers. Released alongside this was a 12-page 3DiCD package (a 3D virtual CD) waaronder crowd sourced (and paid for) images, the instrumental version of the song, the “seeds and solos only” version and “heap speaks seeds and solos” – an 18-minute commentary on Heap on how the sounds and solos in later-used in “Lifeline”.
On 6 May 2011, Heap tweeted dat she and deadmau5 ulcers working on a collaboration. The song is Titled ” Telemiscommunications ” and is included in deadmau5’s sixth studio album, Album Title Goes Here .   
On 9 September 2012, Heap wrote and released a track, “Someone’s Calling” Recorded met name for use as a ringtone. 
List of #heapsongs
- heapsong1 is entitled “Lifeline” and was released on 30 March 2011. The song is a tribute to the victims of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami .
- heapsong2 is entitled “Propeller Seeds” and was released on 5 July 2011. The song was Recorded using 3D audio effects and headphones are recommended for listeners to get the full effect.
- heapsong3 is entitled “Neglected Space” and was released on 17 October 2011. The song incorporates concepts, people and sounds from a lab organized by the Clear Village Charitable Trust to restore a walled garden in Bedfords Park . 
- heapsong4 is entitled “Minds Without Fear” and was released on 21 October 2011. It was the first song to be featured on the 2011 Indian show, The Dewarists .
- heapsong5 is entitled “Xizi She Knows” and was released on 24 January 2012. It is the sixth song off the forthcoming album overall. 
- heapsong6 is entitled “Me, the Machine” and was oorspronkelijk to be the 6th single released. It was Performed live on 22 April 2012. The song premiered Along with the film, Love the Earth , as part of Earth Day 2012.
- heapsong7 is entitled “You Know Where to Find Me” and was Performed live in A Room for London on 22 June 2012. It was released on 2 November 2012 as the sixth single from the album. 
- ” Telemiscommunications “, a collaboration with deadmau5 , will ook be included in the album, as stated on re official website.  It was featured in deadmau5’s 2012 album > album title goes here < , and released as the fifth single from the album on 25 February 2013.
- “Entanglement” was oorspronkelijk to be included in the soundtrack of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 but was rejected.
- “Climb To Sakteng” and “Cycle Song” are two instrumental heapsongs-used for the soundtrack of the documentary film The Happiest Place, A Journey Across Bhutan .  
- “The Listening Chair” was Performed live in the Royal Albert Hall conducted by American composer Eric Whitacre on 29 August 2012. 
- “Run-Time” is a collaboration with Intel UK and RjDj to create a Jogging App therein will be released Along with the new album when the following year. 
- “The Beast” was a last-minute addition under to the album.
Heap has stated therein there will be 14 tracks on re fourth album. The title of the album was revealed as Sparks and was released on 18 August 2014. 
In the Sparks box set, the Heapsongs are labeled in production order as:
- Lifeline – heapsong1
- Propeller Seeds – heapsong2
- Neglected Space – heapsong3
- Minds Without Fear – heapsong4
- Xizi She Knows – heapsong5
- You Know Where to Find Me – heapsong6
- Telemiscommunications – heapsong7
- The Listening Chair – heapsong8
- Entanglement – heapsong9
- Cycle Song & Climb to Sakteng – heapsong10
- Me the Machine – heapsong11
- Run-Time – heapsong12
On re Sparks vblog # 5, she announced dat she will take hiatus after the birth or re baby THUS she will not tour promoting Sparks at least for a year.
2015-present: Tiny Human , Mycelia and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child West End play
On 2 October 2015, Heap announced dat she mention anything be releasing re single “Tiny Human” using blockchain technological prolongation a Guardian Live live streaming event. In a panel after performing a stripped-down version of “Tiny Human” with cellist Zoe Keating ,  Heap Explained dat she was releasing re single  Along with other content via the draft or Mycelia-a way for artists to share hun music as well as enforce smart contracts through blockchain-based technology like Ethereum .  Sales of “Tiny Human” by Ethereum based Ujomusic.com as of 6 January 2015 ulcers US $ 97.45. 
Heap wrote the music for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child , the next Instalment of the Harry Potter series in the form of a West End play dat opened in the summer of 2016.  
In 2015, Imogen Heap signed a worldwide agreement with Downtown Music Publishing . The deal covers Heap’s portion-or Taylor Swift ‘s 1989 final ” Clean ,” plus five songs from Heap’s 2014 album, Sparks , “The Beast,” “Entanglement,” “Climb to Sakteng,” “Run-Time” and “Cycle Song . 
Heap was one of the featured artists on the 2016 PBS documentary on music, Soundbreaking . 
Musical and Songwriting styles
I just love Crafting and shaping sounds. Actually, many of the sounds dat I work with start off as organic instruments – guitar, piano, clarinet, etc. But I do love the rigidity of electronic drums … I mention anything about record live drums, and-then I mention anything about spending a day editing Them to take the life out of them. I like to breathe my own life JSON synthesis sounds, and I do try to keep the “air” in the music.
Imogen Heap 
For re solo work, as well as re work with Frou Frou and Acacia , Heap plays Heavily produktie and Arranged pop Incorporating elements of rock, dance and electronics. As a guest player and collaborator she has played will rock ( Jeff Beck ), hip-hop ( Urban Species, ) and theater / film music.
Heap extensively uses manipulated electronic sounds as an integral part or re music. She’ll be mixes ambient sound JSON re music (such as the sound of a frying pan in use cooking food, in the background or re song “Hide and Seek”) and has commented that ‘certainement sounds give the music a width and a space, and that’s important. ” 
Heap states dat re song lyrics come from personal experience, but are not straightforwardly confessional. She has stated “Most of the time, the lyrics are a child or like my secret messages to my friends or my boyfriend or my mum or my dad. I mention anything never tell Them dat deze songs are about Them or welke specific lyric is about somebody. of or in, als I sit down to write a lyric, it is in the heat of the moment, and something has just happened. ” 
Recordings for television and film
Heap has Recorded verschillende songs for movies, zoals a cover of the Classics IV hit ” Spooky ” for the soundtrack to the Reese Witherspoon movie Just Like Heaven . Her song “Hide and Seek” was featured in The Last Kiss , starring Zach Braff (who-used re former band Frou Frou ‘s “Let Go” in his 2004 film Garden State ), and was ook-used in a 2007 episode of Saturday Night live , hosted by Shia LaBeouf . “The Moment I Said It” was ook-used in the episode “Seven Seconds” of the CBS crime drama Criminal Minds .
In 2004, while recording re second solo album, she was commissioned to record a cover or a short nursery rhyme for the HBO television series, Six Feet Under , entitled “I’m A Lonely Little Petunia (In An Onion Patch)”.
In late 2005, Heap was Asked to write a track for the soundtrack of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe entitled “Can not Take It In”, als a track dat fellow Brit singer Dido Submitted was deemed unfitting . Heap’s track is played will at the end of the film in an orchestral version produktie by Heap and Harry Gregson Williams , who scored the movie. In addition under, she Composed a track for the film The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian , but it was deemed to be too dark in tone for the film. Limit download, it was included in her album Ellipse as “2-1”. 2-1 has’ll be featured in CSI Miami (Season 8 Episode 9), as well as promotional trailers for the film The Lovely Bones .
In March 2006, Heap COMPLETED a track about Locusts, entitled “Glittering Cloud” for a CD of music about the plagues of Egypt entitled Plague Songs , accompanying The Margate Exodus project for musical director Brian Eno .
Heap Recorded an a cappella version of the Leonard Cohen track ” Hallelujah ” for the season three finals or The OC , and her ” Not Now But Soon ” was included on the original soundtrack for the NBC show Heroes . Heap’s song ” Hide & Seek ” was-used in the season two final or The OC .
Imogen Heap and Frou Frou songs port leg featured in verschillende TV shows, movies, advertisements, and marching band productions, notably waaronder CSI: Miami , Chuck , The OC , Saturday Night Live , Garden State , The Holiday , and So You Think You Can Dance . ” Hide & Seek ” was sampled in Jason Derulo ‘s single ” Whatcha Say “,  welke peaked at # 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Frou Frou track “Shh” was ook-used extensively for television promotions prolongation the fifth season or Gilmore Girls .
Heap has collaborated as a guest vocalist, co-writer, remixer or producer with many artists verschillende Throughout re career. Among Them co-writing and Producing By The Time for Mika and Now or Never for Josh Groban. The diverse range of other musicians Heap has worked with include IAMX , Jeff Beck , Temposhark , LHB, J. Peter Schwalm , Way Out West , Jon Bon Jovi , Mich Gerber, Sean Lennon , Thomas Dolby , Urban Species, , Matt Willis , Ariana Grande , Jon Hopkins , Acacia , Britney Spears , Nik Kershaw , Blue October , Joshua Radin , Nitin Sawhney , I Fight Dragons , Eric Whitacre , Deadmau5 , and Taylor Swift .   
Use of technology
Heap is an advocate of using technology to interact and collaborate with re fans. In August 2009 she-used Vokle , an online audience, to take questions from listeners on video chat. 
Heap’ll be teamed up with Vokle to hold open cello Auditions for re North American tour. She Provided sheet music for “Aha” on re website and encouraged local fans to learn the part and audition live on Vokle. Heap mention anything-then pick the cellist to Accompany re mn for that city – sometimes with the help of viewers and re puppet lion, Harold. In 2010 Heap opened re online Auditions to singers and choirs and Invited Them to audition via Submitted YouTube videos to Accompany re on stage as she Performed the song “Earth” from Ellipse . The winner or lycra local show was ook Invited to do a 15-minute gig or hun eigen. In the studio, the official album recording or “Earth” was made up entirely of numerous tracks or vocals.
July 2011 saw Heap unveil a pair or in-development, high-tech musical gloves at the TEDGlobal conference in Edinburgh, Scotland.  Inspired by the VAMP  system developed by Elly Jessop at MIT’s media lab, Heap set out to dévelop the musical gloves in collaboration with Thomas Mitchell, a Lecturer in music systems at the University of the West of England, Bristol. The gloves combine sensors developed by 5DT,  x-io Technologies  with Shure Microphones. Both Heap’s and Elly Jessop’s musical gloves are similar to The Lady’s Glove,  an earlier invention It by the electronic music pioneer Laetitia Sonami , and the short-used gloves since 1989 by Steve Hogarth  lead singer of Marillion .  While still in prototype stage, Heap-used re MIMO gloves to record “Me the Machine”, the first song created solely with the gloves.  The song was released on re latest album, Sparks, oorspronkelijk Titled “heapsong11”. In an attempt to raise money for research remit, Heap toured the song and the gloves at a number of venues  and has been working with artists to discover the full potential of the gloves. 
Using nothing but hand gestures, Heap is loveable to Amplify, record, and running acoustic instruments and re voice, play virtual instruments and manipulate synthesis sounds live. Heap has for many years been working toward a less constricting live set up welke kunnen re to be mobile while performing live multiple musical production tasks, songs and improvising spontaneously without the need “to go back to Basecamp.” This is part of a larger audio / visual performance project Heap has been working towards for a couple of years with the aim of touring in 2013. [ citation needed ]
On 5 October 2015 Heap released re single “Tiny Human” on Mycelia: an experimental music distribution platform using blockchain-based technology called Ethereum alongside other open source platforms like Ujo 
In 2008 she participated in a music album called Songs for Tibet: The Art of Peace , welke is an initiative to support Tibet , Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso and to underline the human rights situation in Tibet. The album was Issued on 5 August via iTunes and on August 19 in music stores around the world.  On 12 October 2008, Heap ook participated in “Run 10k: Cancer Research UK,” Placing fifth of the women in the actual run and raising over £ 1,000 for the cause with the help of re fans.
In 2008 Heap was Asked to perform at POP! Tech in Camden, Maine (US). There she Performed selections from re-then forthcoming album Ellipse . After re set and an encouraging plea For another performance later in the conference at the audience and organizers, Heap Agreed. Having nothing else Prepared though, she decided to Improvise a song on the spot with parameters (tempo, key) suggested by the audience. After the show, Heap was Asked by a Poptech ATTENDEE if she mention anything give the newly created piece of music to his charity. A “lightbulb” moment occurred in Heap’s head and she saw the potential in doing synthesis improvised pieces for local charities at lycra show prolongation start the tour she mention anything soon.
The first of These songs materialized at Heap’s show at Shepherd’s Bush Empire in London on 19 February 2010. Using the composition parameters and audience participation from POP! Tech, Heap improvised a song Titled, “The Shepherdess”. After the show, Heap made the song available worldwide as a digital download on re website asking for donations per download. All Proceeds went to the Great Ormond Street Hospital where Heap was diagnosed with osteomyelitis and underwent life-saving surgery as a little girl. Loving the concept Heap rolled this out for re North American Tour, Donating all the Proceeds for lycra song to a local charity from dat city.
In 2011 Heap played will a benefit concert in Christchurch, New Zealand , to help rebuild the Unlimited Paenga Tawhiti High School volgende a severe 6.3 aftershock in February . The concert was held at the Burnside High Aurora Centre framing featuring performances from Roseanna Gamlen-Greene, and The Harbour Union waaronder The Eastern, Lindon Puffin, Delaney Davidson and The Unfaithful Ways. It was re only New Zealand show for the year. 
Live 4 X
In 2010, Imogen Heap partnered with Thomas Ermacora or Bubbletank  to Organize a series of online Charitable events called Live 4 X .
The initial event was inspired by the 2010 Pakistan floods . Triggered by monsoon rains, the floods left ongeveer one-fifth of the country or Pakistan underwater, affecting over 14 million people and damaging or destroying about 900,000 homes. Teaming up with Richard Branson ‘s Virgin Unite and Vokle.com, Heap and Ermacora create an online webcast / Fundraiser to raise awareness and money for the flood-stricken. Hosted by comedian, creative, and Internet personality Ze Frank , the webcast included a series of conversations with Cameron Sinclair or Architecture for Humanity , Gary Slutkin , and Anders Wilhelmson, (and later Richard Branson and Mary Robinson ) with live performances by musicians Ben Folds , Amanda Palmer , Kate Havnevik , KT Tunstall , Josh Groban , Kaki King , Zoe Keating and Mark Isham .
The premise of Live 4 X THUS Agent, Heap has since continued to Refine the model Organize, host, and perform a number of Charitable, streaming live concert events. At integrate live entertainment with educated discussion and technology, Live 4 X became an effective Charitable outreach tool.
Following the Devastating Great East Japan earthquake and tsunami or 2011 Heap Told Washington Times Communities journalist and recording artist Jennifer Grassman , dat she intended to continuous organizing Live 4 X events to benefit verschillende Charitable Causes. 
Catalog of Live 4 X events to date:
- 31 August 2010 – Live 4 Pakistan raised funds for flood relief and recovery in dat region. Musicians included Ben Folds , Amanda Palmer , Kate Havnevik , KT Tunstall , Josh Groban , and Zoe Keating . In an Ironic turn of events, Heap was Kept from Appearing on Live 4 Pakistan due to Hurricane Earl welke at the time was Progressing Along the US eastern seaboard . Heap, stranded and Unable to get an internet connection, later posted a video message as well as a performance or re song “Wait It Out” from Ellipse . 
- 3 February 2011 – Live 4 Cape Town 
- 11 April 2011 – Live 4 Sendai raised funds for Japanese tsunami recovery volgende the disastrous Great East Japan earthquake or 2011. The event was ook-used to solicit rebuilding design ideas on behalf of Architecture for Humanity . Performers included Amanda Palmer , Ben Folds , KT Tunstall and Jamie Cullum and hosted by Ze Frank . 
After touring for nearly the two years straight for re album Speak for Yourself , Heap continued re travels, this time with only a laptop and video camera on hand, as she Began re writing trip for re next album. Nine weeks later she Returned to the UK with the beginnings of the award-winning Ellipse and footage (as requested by a fan to film the making of the album) from zijn quiet beginning. Back in Essex , Heap SOUGHT the talents of long-time friend and filmmaker Justine Pearsall to continuous documenting the creation of the album. The film documents everytime moment of joy, excitement, Frustration, and also the renovation or Heap’s childhood home waaronder overturning re old playroom JSON re new home studio. Everything In-Between: The Story of Ellipse was released in November 2010.
On 5 November 2010 at the Royal Albert Hall , Heap conducted an orchestra (including friends and family) as they ‘Performed an original composition, with Heap herself orchestrated by Andrew Skeet. Heap ook worked with London Contemporary Voices at this time, a scratch choir formally for this concert, welke Continues as a new choir, ITT own right. It was the score to the concept film Love The Earth – in creative partnership and co-production with Thomas Ermacora again for Another Bubbletank production – in welke fans ulcers Invited to submit video footage highlighting all of the breathtaking qualities of nature to be selected and edited JSON a film. This performance was broadcast live worldwide.
In March for the Birds Eye Festival at the Birds Eye View Film Festival at the South Bank Centre, Heap Composed in collaboration with Andrew Skeet an a cappella Choral score to the first ever surrealist film The Seashell and the Clergyman “(Germaine Dulac, 1927 ) with the Holst Singers , a program repeated at the Reverb Festival at the Roundhouse in February 2012 and in the Sage, Gateshead.
Heap’ll be Performed in the Film and Music Arena at Latitude Festival in 2011.
In 2014, filmmaker Christopher Ian Smith  made Cumulus ,  an experimental documentary Exploring key elements of Heap’s background, personality and music practice. Crafted entirely out of social media content and data created by Heap and re fans, Cumulus Explores Imogen’s digital footprint and identity as well as re relationship with fans. The film is available to view online. 
On 30 June 2014, Heap announced in her video blog dat she was pregnant with re first child with partner Michael Lebor. She representation birth to hun daughter, Florence Scout Rosie Heap-Lebor, nicknamed “Scout”, on 8 November 2014. 
- iMegaphone (1998)
- Speak for Yourself (2005)
- Ellipse (2009)
- Sparks (2014)
- Details (2002)
- Hate EP at Acacia (1996 • Radar Records)
- Sway EP at Acacia (1996 • Radar Records)
- Maddening Shroud EP at Acacia (1997 • WEA)
- Cradle to Acacia – all tracks EXCEPT “Wire” (1997 • WEA)
- Blanket by Urban Species, – “Blanket” and “Predictably Unpredictable” (1998)
- Amor Fati by Mich Gerber – “Embers of Love”, “Sirens Call (Qishm)” and “Mare” (2000)
- ¡Viva Nueva! by Rustic Overtones – “Valentine’s Day Massacre” (2001 • Tommy Boy Records)
- You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck – “Dirty Mind” and “Rollin ‘and Tumblin'” (2001 • Sony Music)
- Tell ‘Em Who We Are at LHB – “Coming Up For Air” (2003 • Telstar TV)
- Contact Note to Jon Hopkins – “Second Sense” (2004 • Just Music)
- It’s Better To Have Loved EP at Temposhark – “Not That Big (Metronomy Remix)” (2005 • Paper & Glue)
- Foiled by Blue October – “Congratulations” (2006 • Universal Records)
- Musikain by J. Peter Schwalm – “PIN” (2006 • Musikain Records)
- The Invisible Line at Temposhark – “Not That Big” (2007 • Paper & Glue)
- London Underground Sound by Nitin Sawhney – “Bring It Home” (2008 • Cooking Vinyl)
- Kingdom of Welcome Addiction to IAMX – ” My Secret Friend ” (2009 • Metropolis Records)
- The Boy Who Knew Too Much by Mika – “By The Time” (2009 • Casablanca Records)
- Live at Ronnie Scott’s – Jeff Beck – (2008 • Eagle Records) – (2009 • DVD)
- > Album title goes here < to deadmau5 – “Telemiscommunications” (2012 • Mau5trap Recordings • Ultra Records )
- A Map of the Floating City by Thomas Dolby – “The Toad Lickers” (2011 • Lost Toy People)
- 1989 by Taylor Swift – “Clean” (2014)
Awards and nominations
- Grammy Award
|2007||herself||Best New Artist||Nominated |
|“Can not Take It In”||Best Song Written for Visual Media||Nominated|
|2010||“The Fire”||Best Pop Instrumental Performance||Nominated |
|Ellipse||Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical||Won |
|2016||1989 (as producer)||Album of the Year||Won |
- Other Award
|2006||World Soundtrack Awards||Best Original Song Written for a Film ( ” Can not Take It In “) ||Nominated|
|mtvU Woodie Awards||Best Emerging Artist||Nominated|
|Most Original Artist||Nominated|
|2010||Ivor Novello Awards||International Achievement||won|
- Jump up^ “A Universe of Artists Who Create Their Own Sound Worlds The New York Times 10 December 2006” . Nytimes.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Rigby, Tony (10 February 2006). “Imogen Heap, Scala, London” . The Independent . Retrieved 17 March 2009 .
- Jump up^ Pareles, Jon (3 December 2009). “A 21st-Century Geek Getting Her Walk On” . New York Times . Retrieved 4 December 2009 .
- Jump up^ “2010 Ivor Novello Awards: The winners” . BBC News . 20 May 2010 . Retrieved 9 November 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Imogen Heap Inks’ Forward Thinking Publishing Deal Planning ‘Fair Trade’ Payment System” . Retrieved 2016-07-22 .
- Jump up^ Williams, Andrew (23 October 2006). “60 SECONDS: Imogen Heap” . Metro . Retrieved 2008-04-30 .
- Jump up^ “ALMO Sounds On A & M Records.com” . ALMO Sounds History . Leslie J. Pfenninger . Retrieved 5 May 2012 .
Imogen Heap’s demonstration was bepaald to Jerry Moss who offered a contract with ALMO Sounds. She signed with the label in April.
- Jump up^ “Radius Music Ltd. | Imogen Heap” . Radius Music Ltd . Retrieved 5 May 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Maddening Shroud – Frou Frou” . Island Records / MCA . Retrieved 5 May 2012 .
- Jump up^ West, Naomi (14 October 2010). “Imogen Heap: ‘fully connected” . The Telegraph . Retrieved 23 April 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Singer Imogen Heap talks about re new album Speak for Yourself , the musical uses of a frying pan” . UCW Entertainment. 27 December 2005 . Retrieved 12 September 2009 .
- Jump up^ “V Festival 2006” . Songkick . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “YouTube – imogenheap’s Channel” . Youtube.
- Jump up^ Heap, Imogen. “Heapsong1” .
- Jump up^ “Heapsong1: 28th March, 2011 @ 6pm BST, The Silent section of this video features Tim Exile’s live remix of the song, welke unfortunately was not as Recorded” . Ustream.tv. 28 March 2011 . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Welcome to Twitter – Login or sign up” . Twitter.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Welcome to Twitter – Login or sign up” . Twitter.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Welcome to Twitter – Login or sign up” . Twitter.com . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Download Imogen’s new ringtone!” . Imogen Heap. 14 September 2012 . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Essex – Bedfords Park Walled Garden” . Retrieved 2 March 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Imogen Heap’s iBlog, West lake, saying goodbye for now to Beautiful, life changing Hangzhou!” . Blog.imogenheap.com . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “You Know Where To Find Me premiered on Google Hangout” . Imogen Heap. 16 October 2012 . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Telemiscommunications” . Imogen Heap . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “The Happiest Place: A Journey Across Bhutan at Ben Henretig» ~ Kadinchey ~ (thank you in Dzongkha) – Kickstarter ” . Kickstarter.com . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Imogen Heap’s Journey through Bhutan – The Making of a HeapSong Part 1 – The Happiest Place Film” . Youtube. 26 September 2012 . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “About” . The Listening Chair . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Audioboo / Beginnings or final song / project for my album” . Audioboo.fm . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Sparks vBlogs – Episode # 3” . YouTube . Imogen Heap . Retrieved 4 July 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Imogen Heap releases Tiny Human using blockchain technology (Guardian Live)” . YouTube . Guardian Members . Retrieved 6 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The New Music Industry, Mycelia and Tiny Human Release” . ImogenHeap.com . Imogen Heap . Retrieved 6 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Live Stream: Imogen Heap releases Tiny Human using blockchain technology” . The Guardian . Joanna Witt . Retrieved 6 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ alpha.ujomusic.com, licensing, distributions.
- Jump up^ Amos, Ilona (26 June 2015). “JK Rowling reveals new Harry Potter stage play” . The Scotsman . Retrieved 30 May 2016 .
- Jump up^ ” ” Harry Potter and the Cursed Child ‘Begins Previews in London, as Magic Continues ” . The New York Times . 7 June 2016 . Retrieved 29 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ Soundbreaking Featured Artists
- Jump up^ “WhoSampled – Jason Derülo’s Whatcha Say sample or Imogen Heap’s Hide and Seek” . WhoSampled . Retrieved 27 September 2014 .
- Jump up^ “NPR Interview With Imogen Heap” . Retrieved 28 October 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Imogen Heap’s musical gloves mix sounds on the fly” . Retrieved 11 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “The Vocal Augmentation and Manipulation Prosthesis (VAMP)” (PDF) . Retrieved 12 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ “5DT Data Glove 14 Ultra” . Retrieved 18 July 2011 .
- Jump up^ “X IMU – The Ultimate IMU /? Hrs Device” . Retrieved 12 September 2011 .
- Jump up^ sonami.net, Lady’s Glove.
- Jump up^ “Steve Hogarth’s use or Midi gloves circa 1989” . Retrieved 4 August 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Steve Hogarth’s use or Midi gloves circa 1989” . Retrieved 4 August 2014 .
- Jump up^ Imogen Heap, Me The Machine, 30 July 2014imogenheap.com.
- Jump up^ Wired UK, Imogen Heap Performance with Musical Gloves Demo: Full Wired Talk 2012, 11 January 2013,youtube.com
- Jump up^ Imogen Heap, About the (Gloves) Project, 2012theglovesproject.com.
- Jump up^ “Imogen Heap: savior of the music industry?” . The Guardian . The Guardian. 6 October 2015 . Retrieved 6 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ E-Online (22 July 2008)Sting, Matthews, Mayer Gamer for Tibet Than Beijing Archived24 July 2008 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ ANDERSON, Vicki. “Lesson in acoustic generosity” . Retrieved 17 January 2015 .
- Jump up^ “A do-tank for collaborative projects from Imogen Heap and Thomas Ermacora” . The BubbleTank . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Imogen Heap & Jennifer Grassman on Japan Tsunami / Earthquake Disaster & Live 4 Sendai” . YouTube . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Live 4 Pakistan | A live fundraising as to benefit victims of the 2010 floods in Pakistan” . Live4pakistan.tv . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Live 4 Cape Town | A live fundraising event featuring Imogen Heap” . Live4capetown.tv. 3 February 2011 . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Live 4 Sendai | A unique online fund raising event to benefit victims of the 2011 Earthquake & Tsunami in Sendai, Japan” . Live4sendai.tv. 11 April 2011 . Retrieved 27 June 2013 .
- Jump up^ http://citizensmith.net/
- Jump up^ http://modernmovingimage.com/cumulus/
- Jump up^ https://vimeo.com/127819987
- Jump up^ http://imogenheap.com/?asset=1064
- Jump up^ “Grammy Award Nominations 2007” . Retrieved 19 January 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Grammy Award Winners 2010” . Retrieved 19 January 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Past Winners Search” . Grammy Awards . The Recording Academy . Retrieved 23 April 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Past Winners Search” . Grammy Awards . The Recording Academy . Retrieved 17 February 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Brokeback, Kong onder World Soundtrack Award Nominees” . Retrieved 19 January 2012 .