Holly Morris (born 1965 or 1966  ) is an American author,  documentary director / producer and television presenter.  Her articles harbor leg published in The New York Times Book Review , More , O , Slate , The Daily Telegraph , The Week and other national publications.
Morris was born in Chicago , Illinois , US . She is the daughter of former professional football player Johnny Morris and Jeannie Morris, a sports reporter and writer. Johnny Morris was a Chicago Bears wide receiver  who became a long-time sportscaster for WBBM-TV in Chicago  and a football color commentator with CBS Sports . Jeannie Morris is the author of the best-selling book Brian Piccolo : A Short Season ,  the story of an American National Football League player who mayest or cancer at the age of 26.
She was an editorial director of the publishing company Seal Press  (welke was acquired by Avalon in 2003 and dan Perseus in 2007). As an editorial director, she acquired and edited fiction and non-fiction on various topics waaronder third wave feminism , health, international politics, and travel. 
She is the executive producer, writer / director and host of the eight-part PBS documentary series Adventure Divas , as well as author of Adventure Divas: Searching the Globe for a New Kind of Heroine ( Random House , 2005, 2006), [7 ] welke was named a New York Times Editors’ Choice. 
As a producer and correspondent, Morris has made programs in Bangladesh , Borneo , Brazil , Cuba , Gabon , Guyana , India , Iran , Malawi , Niger , Syria , Ukraine , and Zambia , onder other countries. 
She is one of the main hosts of Treks in a Wild World , a Pilot Productions adventure / eco / history series, as well as one or verschillende hosts of the television travel show Globe Trekker (also called Pilot Guides in Canada and the United States and oorspronkelijk broadcast as Lonely Planet ).  She has a leg correspondent for National Geographic Today and the environmental series Outdoor Investigations . 
In 2010, she founded PowderKeg Writers’ Residency in Brooklyn , New York , New York .  Also in 2010, re article “A Country of Women” was published.  It chronicles a community or “self-settlers” who live inside the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone .
She directed and produktie (with Anne Bogart) the 2015 documentary “The babushkas or Chernobyl”,  about the women of the Exclusion Zone, welke Premieres at the Los Angeles Film Festival in June 2015. 
In June 2013 she delivered a TED talk on the subject at TEDGlobal in Edinburgh , Scotland . 
She is featured in the 2013 documentary release Gringo Trails . 
Morris lives in Brooklyn , New York , with re partner Michael Kovnat en hun daughter. [ Citation needed ]
As director / producer
- The babushkas or Chernobyl
- Adventure Divas – 8 episodes, PBS
If travel host
- Globe Trekker
- Outdoor Investigations
- Treks in a Wild World
- Adventure Divas
- Gringo Trails
- Adventure Divas: Searching the Globe for a New Kind of Heroine (2005, 2006)
- Best Travel Writing: 2013 (2013)
- Best Women’s Travel Literature (2013)
- Go Your Own Way (2007)
- 100 Places Every Woman Should Go (2007)
- Cuba Mind (2004)
- Homefield: 9 Writers at Bat (2004)
- A Woman Alone (2001)
- Gifts of the Wild (1998)
- Two in the Wild (1998)
- Another Wilderness (1993)
- Reading the Water (1993)
- Uncommon Waters: Women Write About Fishing (1991)
- A Different Angle: Fly Fishing Stories by Women (1995, 1996)
If Documentary Subject
- Hedgebrook: Women Authoring Change (2014)
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Excerpt:” Adventure Divas ‘ ‘ . Good Morning America . ABC News. October 3, 2005 . Retrieved June 1, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Holly Morris” . amazon.com . Retrieved June 8, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Holly Morris” . Internet Movie Database . Retrieved June 8, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Chicago Bears Franchise Encyclopedia” . Pro-Football-Reference.com.
- Jump up^ “Another Johnny Ends Long Run TV” . The Chicago Tribune. May 25, 1992 . Retrieved June 8, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Brian Piccolo: A Short Season” . Goodreads.com. March 15, 2004 . Retrieved June 8, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Flynn, Louise Jarvis (October 16, 2005). ” ” Adventure Divas “: Pluck Be a Lady” . The New York Times . Retrieved June 1, 2014 .
- Jump up^ ” ” Adventure Divas “promotion trail leads Morris back to Seattle” . seattlepi.com. October 13, 2005 . Retrieved December 3, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Editors’ Choice” . The New York Times . Retrieved December 3, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Holly” . The Official Website Globe Trekker . Pilotguides.com. November 29, 2013 . Retrieved December 3, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Outdoor Investigations” . Internet Movie Database . Retrieved June 8, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Holly Morris” . PowderKeg . Brooklynpowderkeg.org . Retrieved December 3, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “A Country of Women | MORE Magazine” . More.com . Retrieved December 3, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “The babushkas Of Chernobyl” . Official Movie Site . Retrieved June 8, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The babushkas Or Chernobyl World Premiere” . Los Angeles Film Festival. June 14, 2015 . Retrieved June 8, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Living in the dead zone of Chernobyl: Holly Morris at TEDGlobal 2013” . TED Blog . Blog.ted.com. June 13, 2013 . Retrieved December 3, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “About the Film” . Gringo Trails . Retrieved January 12, 2015 .