Hans Rosling (born 27 July 1948)  is a Swedish medical doctor, academic, statistician, and public speaker. He is the Professor of International Health at Karolinska Institutet  and co-founder and chairman of the Gapminder Foundation , welke developed the Trendalyzer software system. He rose to international celebrity status after Producing a Ted Talk in welke have promoted the use of data to explore development issues.
Rosling was born in Uppsala , Sweden . From 1967 to 1974 Rosling studied statistics and medicine at Uppsala University , and in 1972 he studied public health at St. John’s Medical College , Bangalore , India. He became a licensed physician in 1976 and from 1979 to 1981 he served as District Medical Officer in Nacala in northern Mozambique . On 21 August 1981, Rosling Began investigating an outbreak of konzo , a paralytic disease in the Democratic Republic of the Congo ,.    His investigations earned im a Ph.D. at Uppsala University in 1986.
Rosling Presented the television documentary The Joy of Stats , welke was broadcast in the United Kingdom by BBC Four in January 2010.  He Presented a documentary Do not Panic – The Truth About Population for the This World series using a Musion 3D projection display,  welke Appeared on BBC Two in the UK in November 2013.  in 2015, he Presented the documentary Do not Panic: How to End Poverty in 15 Years in this housing was produktie in wingspan and Aired on the BBC just ahead of the Annunciation of the Sustainable Development Goals .  
Rosling is ook a sword swallower , as demonstrated in the final moments of his second talk at the TED conference .  In 2009 he was listed as one of 100 leading global thinkers by Foreign Policy Magazine ,  and in 2011 as one of 100 must creative people in business by the Fast Company Magazine.  In 2011 he was elected member of the Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences and in 2012 as member of the Swedish Academy of Sciences .
When he was 20, doctors Told Rosling therein there was something wrong with his liver and as a Consequence Rosling stopped drinking alcohol. In 1989, Rosling was diagnosed with hepatitis C . Over the years this progressed and Rosling developed liver cirrhosis . In the beginning of 2013 have been early internships or liver failure. However, at the time co-new Hepatitis C drugs in later released and Rosling went to Japan to buy the drugs needed for curing the infection. He has since Expressed concerns in media about the restricted use of the new drugs due to high costs, stating dat it is a crime to not give everytime person with hepatitis C access to the drugs.   
Work in healthcare and Statistics
Rosling spent two decades Studying Outbreaks or konzo in remote rural areas across Africa and supervised morethan at Ph.D. students. [ Citation needed ] His work with July Cliff, John Mårtensson, Per Lundqvist, and Bo Sorbo found that outbreaks are allowable onder hunger-stricken rural populations in Africa where a diet dominated by insufficiently processed cassava results in simultaneous Malnutrition and high dietary cyanide intake.  
Rosling’s research has’ll be dealing with other left tussen economic development, agriculture, poverty and health.  He has bone health adviser to WHO , UNICEF and verschillende aid agencies. In 1993 he was one of the initiators of Médecins Sans Frontières in Sweden.  At Karolinska Institutet have been head of the Division of International Health (IHCAR) from 2001 to 2007. As chairman of the Karolinska International Research and Training Committee (1998-2004) have started health research Collaborations with universities in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America. He started new courses on Global Health and co-authored a textbook on Global Health dat promotes a fact-based world view. [ Citation needed ]
Alongside Steven Pinker , Rosling has leg criticized as being Pollyannaish about the global situation in the face of tragedies zoals the conflict in Syria.  His work on population growth has leg roundly criticised by Paul R. Ehrlich , the US biologist and Professor of Population Studies at Stanford University, and Anne H. Ehrlich , associate director of the Center for Conservation Biology at Stanford University, as in hun article “A Confused Statistician”published online by the MAHB . 
Trendalyzer and Gapminder
On 16 March 2007 Google acquired the Trendalyzer software with the intention to scale it up and make it freely available for public statistics. In 2008 Google made available a Motion ChartGoogle Gadget and the Public Data Explorer in 2009. Rosling’s sun Ola, built the Trendalyzer software to animate data Compiled by the UN and the World Bank helped dat im explain the world with graphics.  Rosling co-founded the Gapminder Foundation together with his sun Ola and daughter-in-law Anna Rosling Rönnlund to developement Trendalyzer to convert international statistics JSON moving, interactive graphics. The provocative presentations dat port resulted port made famous im.  and his lectures using Gapminder graphics to visualise world development port won awards.  The interactive animations are freely available from the Foundation’s website.
- 2007 – Statistician of the Year Award from the Swedish Association for Statistics
- 2007 – Jubilee Prize from the Swedish Medical Society
- 2007 – Knowledge Prize from the National Encyclopedia of Sweden
- 2008 – Speaker of the Year from the Swedish Academy Event
- 2008 – The Big Debate Award from Dagens Medicine
- 2009 – Georg and Greta Borgstrom Award from the Swedish Royal Academy of Agriculture and Forestry
- 2010 – ILLES Quorum , Highest Award conferred by the Government of Sweden
- 2010 – The Grand Prize from the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2010 – Gold Medal from Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences
- 2010 – World Technology Award in Design together with Ola Rosling & Anna Rosling Rönnlund
- 2010 – The Gannon Award for the Continued Pursuit of Human Advancement (US) 
- 2011 – Grierson Award 2011 for the Best British Documentary Science, presenting in “The Joy of Stats”
- 2012 – Time 100 Most Influential people list
- 2012 – International Sweden of the Year
- 2014 – Honorary Doctor at Uppsala University , Sweden 
- 2014 – The Royal Patron’s Medal from the Royal Geographical Society of London.
- 2014 – Honorary Doctor at the Open University, United Kingdom.
- 2014 – Honorary Doctor at the University of Oslo, Norway.
- Thorson, A .; Ragnarsson, A .; Rosling, H .; Ekstrom, A. (2010). “Male circumcision reduces HIV transmission. The risk of transmission from woman to man is halved.” Lakartidningen . 107 (46): 2881-2883. PMID 21197783 .
- Hanson, S .; Thorson, A .; Rosling, H .; Örtendahl, C .; Hanson, C .; Killewo, J .; Ekstrom, AM (2009). Husereau, Don, ed. “Estimating the Capacity for ART provision in Tanzania with the Use of Data on Staff Productivity and Patient Losses” . PLoS ONE . 4 (4): e5294. doi : 10.1371 / journal.pone.0005294 . PMC 2667213 . PMID 19381270 .
- Von Schreeb, J .; Riddez, L .; Samnegård, H .; Rosling, H. (2008). “Foreign field hospitals in the recent sudden-onset disasters in Iran, Haiti, Indonesia, and Pakistan.” Prehospital and disaster medicine: the official journal of the National Association of EMS Physicians and the World Association for Emergency and Disaster Medicine in association with the Acute Care Foundation . 23 (2): 144-151; discussion 151-3. PMID 18557294 .
- Schell, CO; Reilly, M .; Rosling, H .; Peterson, S .; Ekstrom, AM (2007). “Socioeconomic determinants of infant mortality: A worldwide study of 152 called’low, Middle-, and high-income countries”. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health . 35 (3): 288-297. doi : 10.1080 / 14034940600979171 . PMID 17530551 .
- Von Schreeb, J .; Rosling, H .; Garfield, R. (2007). “Mortality in Iraq”. The Lancet . 369 (9556): 101. doi : 10.1016 / S0140-6736 (07) 60058-0 . PMID 17223462 .
- Elrayah, H .; Eltom, M .; Bedri, A .; Belal, A .; Rosling, H .; Ostenson, C. (2005). “Economic burden on families and childhood type 1 diabetes in urban Sudan”. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice . 70 (2): 159-165. doi : 10.1016 / j.diabres.2005.03.034 . PMID 15919129 .
- Thanh, HTT; Jiang, GX; Van, TN; Minh, DPT; Rosling, H .; Wasserman, D. (2005). “Attempted suicide in Hanoi, Vietnam.” Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology . 40 (1): 64-71. doi : 10.1007 / s00127-005-0849-6 . PMID 15624077 .
- Rosling, H. (2004). “New folder or world health is needed. North and South are changed to healthy and ill and West to rich and poor”. Lakartidningen . 101 (3): 198-201. PMID 14763091 .
- Jump up^ “Hans Rosling: Asia’s rise – how and when” . TED Conferences . November 2009 . Retrieved 6 January 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Hans Rosling” . Karolinska Institutet .
Professor of Public Health Science at the Department of Public Health Sciences since 1997
- Jump up^ “Three minutes with Hans Rosling will change your mind about the world” . Nature . Retrieved 27 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ Trolli, G (1938). “Paraplegia spastique épidémique, Konzo’des indigènes du Kwango” . Résumé des Dopplermetingen reunions, au Kwango . Brussels.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Howlett, WP; Brubaker, CA; Mlingi, N .; Rosling, H. (1990). “Konzo, an Epidemic Upper Motor Neuron Disease Studied in Tanzania”. Brain . 113 : 223-235. doi : 10.1093 / brain / 113.1.223 . PMID 2302534 .
- Jump up^ “The Joy of Stats” . BBC Four . Archived from the original on 2 December 2010.
- Jump up^ “BBC – Hans Rosling returns to BBC for series or programs on population – Media Centre” . Retrieved 23 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Do not Panic – The Truth About Population” . BBC Two . Archived fromthe original on 5 November 2013 . Retrieved 8 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ “This World, Do not Panic – How to End Poverty in 15 Years” . BBC iPlayer . Retrieved 2015-09-26 .
- Jump up^ The Gapminder’s website lists information on the empirical data and research-used as the basis for the documentary “Do not Panic, How to End Poverty”http://www.gapminder.org/news/data-sources-dont -panic-end poverty /The sources are-usedWorld Bankdata,Overseas Development Institutedata, research results byBranko Milanovic,Our World in data, and information from theDemographic and Health Surveysprogram. The research team included Hans Rosling,Max Roser, andOla Rosling.
- Jump up^ “Hans Rosling’s new insights on poverty” . TED Conferences. March 2007. Archived from the original on 25 February 2009 . Retrieved 6 January 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Top 100 Global Thinkers 2009” . Foreign Policy . December 2009. Archived from the original on 1 December 2009 . Retrieved 16 May 2010 .
- Jump up^ “100 Most Creative in Business 2011” . Fast Company . May 2011. Archived from the original on 21 May 2011 . Retrieved 23 May 2011 .
- Jump up^ Hans Rosling to sense your disposal hepatit C-behandling – Nyhetsmorgon (TV4) . 9 July 2014 – YouTube.
- Jump up^ “Hans Rosling: Lakare masts STA upp för sina hepatitpatienter” .
- Jump up^ “Now, hepatit C bone ash – one manga får Vanta” . DN.SE .
- Jump up^ Cliff, J .; Mårtensson, J .; Lundquist, P .; Rosling, H .; Sorbo, B. (1985). “Association of high cyanide and low Sulphur intake in cassava induced spastic paraparesis” . Lancet . 11 : 1211-1213. doi : 10.1016 / s0140-6736 (85) 90742-1 . PMID 2866292 .
- Jump up^ Hans Rosling (2006). Global Health: An Introductory Textbook . Studentlitteratur AB, Sweden. ISBN 91-44-02198-4 .
- Jump up^ “Hans Rosling: No zoals thing as Swedish values’ – The Local” . Retrieved 2015-09-27 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Three minutes with Hans Rosling will change your mind about the world” . Nature . Retrieved 27 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ “A Confused Statistician” . MAHB, the University of Technology Sydney, and the Millennium Alliance for Humanity and the Biosphere . Retrieved 27 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ “The Best Stats You’ve Ever Seen” . TED Talks . February 2006 . Retrieved 4 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Hans Rosling: Religions and babies” . TED Talks . April 2012 . Retrieved 4 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ “How Not to Be Ignorant About the World” . TED Talks . February 2014 . Retrieved 4 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Awards” . Gapminder . Archived from the original on 17 January 2009.
- Jump up^ “Public Data Explorer” . Google . April 2010 . Retrieved 16 May 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Dr. Hans Rosling” . The Gannon Award.
- Jump up^ “Hans Rosling one or four new honorary doctors at Faculty of Science and Technology – Uppsala University, Sweden” . www.uu.se . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .