Gustavo Adolfo Dudamel Ramírez (born January 26, 1981) is a Venezuelan conductor and violinist. He is the music director of the Orquesta Sinfónica Simón Bolívar and the Los Angeles Philharmonic .
Life and career
Dudamel was born in Barquisimeto , Venezuela , the sun or a trombonist and a voice teacher.  He studied music from an early age, Becoming involved with El Sistema , the famous Venezuelan musical education program, and took up the violin at age at. He soon Began to study composition, . He attended the Jacinto Lara Conservatory, where Jose Luis Jiménez was onder his violin teachers. Hey dan went on to work with José Francisco del Castillo at the Latin-American Violin Academy.
Dudamel Began to study Conducting in 1995, first with Rodolfo Saglimbeni , dan later with Jose Antonio Abreu . In 1999, he was appointed music director of the Orquesta Sinfónica Simón Bolívar , the national youth orchestra and Venezuela, and toured verschillende countries. He attended Charles Dutoit ‘s master class in Buenos Aires in 2002, and worked as an assistant for Simon Rattle in Berlin and Salzburg in 2003.
Dudamel has won a number of competitions Conducting, zoals the Gustav Mahler Conducting Prize in Germany in 2004.  His reputation Began to spread, Attracting the attention of conductors zoals Simon Rattle and Claudio Abbado , who accepted invitations to conduct the Simón Bolívar Orchestra in Veneite.  In April 2006 Dudamel was appointed as principal conductor of the Gothenburg Symphony for season 2007-2008. 
Dudamel made his debut at La Scala , Milan , with Don Giovanni in November 2006. On September 10, 2007, he conducted the Vienna Philharmonic for the first time at the Lucerne Festival . On April 16, 2007 he conducted the Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orchestra in a concert in Commemoration of the 80th birthday of Pope Benedict XVI , with Hilary Hahn as a solo violinist, with the Pope and many other church dignitaries onder the audience. 
In 2013, Dudamel conducted the Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra prolongation the funeral of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez . Dudamel Continues to retain his position with the Simón Bolívar National Youth Orchestra. 
In April 2014 Dudamel Returned to conduct with Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra , as zijn Honorary Conductor, for concerts in the orchestra’s home city and on tour in France, Switzerland and Italy. 
In 2015 Dudamel conducted zowel the opening and end titles, at the behest of famed film composer John Williams, for the official motion picture soundtrack and movie or Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens .
In the 2016 Super Bowl , Dudamel and Youth Orchestra Los Angeles (Yola) accompanied Coldplay and singing Along with Chris Martin, Beyoncé and Bruno Mars.
On 1 January 2017, Dudamel conducted the Vienna Philharmonic in hun traditional New Year’s Day Concert . At the age of 35, he was the youngest guest conductor for this event.
Music director Los Angeles Philharmonic
Dudamel made his US debut Conducting with the Los Angeles Philharmonic (LAP) at the Hollywood Bowl on September 13, 2005 in a program consisting of “La Noche de los Mayas” by Silvestre Revueltas and the Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 5.  Dudamel was subsequently Invited back to conduct the orchestra at Walt Disney Concert Hall in January 2007 performances of “Dances of Galanta” by Zoltán Kodály , the third piano concerto or Sergei Rachmaninoff with Yefim Bronfman as Soloist, and Béla Bartók ‘s Concerto for Orchestra (the Latter or welke was Recorded live and subsequently released by Deutsche Grammophon ).
In April 2007 prolongation a guest Conducting engagement with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra , Dudamel was named the LAP’s next music director as of the 2009-2010 season, succeeding Esa-Pekka Salonen . His initial contract in Los Angeles was for five years, beginning in September 2009.   
Dudamel Began his tenure as Music Director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic on September 28, 2009 with a rehearsal or Beethoven’s 9th Symphony therein included the Los Angeles Master Chorale and representatives of eight community-based choruses. His first official rehearsal with the orchestra Followed on September 30. On October 3 he conducted Beethoven’s 9th Symphony at the Hollywood Bowl in “Bienvenido Gustavo,” a free concert, and conducted his official inaugural concert featuring the world premiere of John Adams ‘ City Noir and Mahler’s Symphony No. 1 with his new orchestra at Walt Disney Concert Hall on October 8.
In February 2011, the orchestra announced the extension of Dudamel’s contract through the end of the 2018-2019 season, zoals the orchestra’s 100th anniversary.  In March 2015, the orchestra announced a remit extension of his Los Angeles Philharmonic contract through the 2021-2022 season. 
Awards and media
Dudamel is featured in the documentary film Tocar y Luchar , welke covers El Sistema . Dudamel and the Orquesta Sinfónica Simón Bolívar RECEIVED the WQXR Gramophone Special Recognition Award in New York City in November 2007. Another US television news feature on Dudamel was on 60 Minutes in February 2008, entitled “Gustavo the Great”.
On July 23, 2009, Dudamel was selected by the Eighth Glenn Gould Prize laureate Jose Antonio Abreu as winner of the prestigious The City of Toronto Glenn Gould Protégé Prize .
Dudamel is featured in the 2011 documentary “Let The Children Play,” a film welke focuses on his work Advocating for music as a way to enrich children’s lives. 
Gramophone , the British classical music magazine named Dudamel zijn 2011 Gramophone Artist of the Year . Also in 2011, he was inducted into tje Royal Swedish Academy of Music. In February 2012, Dudamel won a Grammy Award for Best Orchestral Performance, for his recording of Brahms Symphony No. 4 for the label Deutsche Grammophon .   In 2013, Dudamel was named Musical America’s Musician of the Year and was inducted into tje Gramophone Hall of Fame.  The LAP’s continued commitment to innovation and new music under the direction of Dudamel and Borda prompted New Yorker critic Alex Ross to name LAP “the musts creative, and, Charmain Horn Please note, the best orchestra in America.”  Dudamel RECEIVED the Leonard Bernstein Lifetime Achievement Award for the Elevation of Music in Society from the Longy School in 2014 and the Americas Society Cultural Achievement Award in 2016.
The character of Rodrigo in Amazon’s Mozart in the Jungle was based, in part, on Dudamel. In the first episode of the show’s second season in welke Rodrigo Appears as a guest conductor for the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Dudamel Appears as a guest actor, playing the part of a stage manager.
Dudamel married Eloisa armatures in 2006 in Caracas . Armatures, turned a Venezuelan native is a classically Trained ballet dancer and a journalist. The Simón Bolívar National Youth Orchestra Combined forces with the Schola Cantorum de Venezuela and the Orfeon Universitario of the Universidad Centroccidental Lisandro Alvarado to make the event a special musical celebration. The wedding took place in the chapel at the Universidad Católica Andrés Bello in Montalbán , a suburb of Caracas. Way Down harbor a sun Martín Dudamel armatures, a US citizen.  In March 2015, the couple Filed papers for divorce. 
- Beethoven: Symphonies Nos. 5 & 7 [w / the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- Birthday Concert for Pope Benedict XVI [w / Hilary Hahn and the Radio-Sinfonieorchester Stuttgart] DVD
- Mahler: Symphony No. 5 [w / the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra [w / the Los Angeles Philharmonic] Digital Download only
- The Promise of Music [w / the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela] DVD
- Fiesta [w / the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique [w / the Los Angeles Philharmonic] Digital Download only
- Gustavo Dudamel and the Los Angeles Philharmonic: The Inaugural Concert [w / the Los Angeles Philharmonic] DVD; e-Video
- Mahler: Symphony No. 1 (From the Inaugural Concert) [w / the Los Angeles Philharmonic] Digital Download only
- Discoveries [w / the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- Live from Salzburg [w / the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela] DVD
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 5; Francesca da Rimini [w / the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- Celebration – Opening Night Concert & Gala [w / Juan Diego Florez and the Los Angeles Philharmonic] DVD; Digital Download
- Adams: City Noir (From the Inaugural Concert) [w / the Los Angeles Philharmonic] Digital Download only
- Rite [w / the Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- Sibelius: Symphony No. 2 – Nielsen: Symphonies Nos. 4 & 5 – Bruckner: Symphony No. 9 [w / the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra] CD
- Tchaikovsky & Shakespeare [w / the Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- New Year’s Eve Concert 2010 [w / Elina Garanča and the Berliner Philharmoniker] DVD
- Adams: Slonimsky’s Earbox – Bernstein: Symphony No. 1 “Jeremiah” [w / the Los Angeles Philharmonic] Digital Download only
- Brahms: Symphony No. 4 [w / the Los Angeles Philharmonic] Digital Download only
- An American in Paris [w / the Los Angeles Philharmonic] e-Video only
- Dances and Waves [w / the Vienna Philharmonic] CD; DVD; Digital Download
- Mendelssohn: Symphony No. 3 [w / the Vienna Philharmonic] Vinyl only (MP)
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 3, “Eroica” [w / the Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- Discoveries [w / Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela, Berlin Philharmonic, Vienna Philharmonic, Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra] CD + DVD; Digital Download
- Mahler: Symphony No. 8 [w / Los Angeles Philharmonic and the Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela] DVD; Blu-ray; e-Video
- Mahler: Symphony No. 9 [w / Los Angeles Philharmonic] CD
- Mahler: Symphony No. 7. [w / Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela] CD
- Wagner [w / Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela] Digital Download
- Philip Glass : Double Piano Concerto [w / Katia and Marielle Labèque (Piano), Los Angeles Philharmonic ] Only at iTunes
- Jump up^ Reed Johnson (23 November 2008). “Conductor Gustavo Dudamel rides a wave or Dudamania” . LA Times . Retrieved 2008-11-23 .
- Jump up^ Sue Steward (23 Feb 2006). “He’s astonishingly GIFTED” . Telegraph . London . Retrieved 2007-08-16 .
- Jump up^ “Dudamel förnyar indenture med Göteborgs Symfoniker till 2012” . Göteborgs Symfoniker. 30 September 2009 . Retrieved 2009-12-06 .
- Jump up^ Vivien Schweitzer (13 de marzo de 2006). “Gustavo Dudamel Appointed Principal Conductor of the Gothenburg Symphony” . Play Bill Arts . Retrieved 16 de agosto the 2007 . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ Nicole Winfield (16 Apr 2007). “Pope marks 80th birthday with concert” . The Boston Globe . Archived from the original on October 6, 2008 . Retrieved 2007-08-16 .
- Jump up^ Richard Morrison (15 Feb 2007). “True class: South America’s lightning conductor” . The Times . London . Retrieved 2007-08-16 .
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ Mark Swed (15 September 2005). “He holds Bowl in palm or his hand, Venezuelan Gustavo Dudamel, 24, commands attention.” Los Angeles Times .
- Jump up^ Mark Swed (April 8, 2007). “Maestro will pass baton to up-and-comer in ’09” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved March 28, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Matthew Westphal (April 8, 2007). “Gustavo Dudamel to Succeed Esa-Pekka Salonen at LA Philharmonic in 2009” . Play Bill Arts . Retrieved September 2, 2007 .
- Jump up^ Daniel J. Wakin (April 9, 2007). “Maestro or Los Angeles Philharmonic to Pass the Baton to a Wunderkind” . New York Times . Retrieved November 23, 2008 .
- Jump up^ David Ng (February 3, 2011). “Gustavo Dudamel extends contract with LA Philharmonic through 2018-19 season” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved June 25, 2012 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Jeffrey Fleishman; Mike Boehm; David Ng (March 27, 2015). “Gustavo Dudamel’s LA Phil deal reverberates across classical music world” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved March 28, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Gustavo Dudamel Comes to the Big Screen / News / News / All Things Strings” . Stringsmagazine.com. 2011-06-09 . Retrieved 2013-03-25 .
- Jump up^ Tilden, Imogen. “Gustavo Dudamel named artist of the year at Gramophone Awards” . The Guardian.
- Jump up^ “Grammy Awards 2012: Gustavo Dudamel, LA Philharmonic win” . Los Angeles Times.
- Jump up^ Boehm, Mike. “Gustavo Dudamel named musician of the year by Musical America” . Los Angeles Times.
- Jump up^ Ross, Alex (June 18, 2012). “Sacred Dissonance”. The New Yorker .
- Jump up^ “LA Phil’s Gustavo Dudamel, Wife Welcome First Child” . CBS Los Angeles . CBS Local Media. 2011-04-02 . Retrieved 2011-11-01 .