George Dyson (born 26 March 1953) is an American non-fiction author and historian of technology Whose publications Broadly cover the evolution of technology in relatie to the physical environment and the direction of society.  He has written on a wide range of topics waaronder the history of computing, the development of algorithms and intelligence, communication systems, space exploration, and the design of water craft.
Lecturing widely at academic institutions, corporations, and tech conferences, Dyson Gives a historical context to the evolution of technology in modern society and zorgt thought-provoking ideas on the directions in welke technology and the Internet Might developement.
George Dyson is the sun of the theoretical physicist Freeman Dyson and mathematician Verena Huber-Dyson , the brother or technology analyst Esther Dyson , and the grandson of the British composer Sir George Dyson . Dyson’s early life are DESCRIBED in Kenneth Brower ‘s book The Starship and the Canoe.  When he was sixteen he went to live in British Columbia to Pursue his interest in kayaking .
From 1972-75, he lived in a come-house at a height of 30 métres dat he built from salvaged materials on the shore of Burrard Inlet . Dyson became a Canadian citizen and spent 20 years in British Columbia, designing kayaks, Researching historic voyages and native peoples, and Exploring the Inside Passage . He was prolongation this period, estranged from his Father for sometime. 
Dyson’s first book, Baidarka , published in 1986, DESCRIBED his research on the history of the Aleut kayak, haar evolution in the hands of Russian fur traders, and his adaptation of zijn design to modern materials. He is the author of Project Orion : The Atomic Spaceship 1957-1965 and Darwin Among the Machines: The Evolution of Global Intelligence , in welke he expands upon the premise of Samuel Butler ‘s 1863 article of the association names and suggests dat the Internet is a living room, Sentient being. His 2012 book Turing’s Cathedral  has leg DESCRIBED as “a creation myth of the digital universe.” It was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize 2012 in the science and technology category and was Chosen by University of California Berkeley’s annual “On the Same Page” program for the academic year 2013-14. 
Dyson is the founder / owner of Dyson, Baidarka & Company, a designer or Aleut styles skin kayaks ; he is credited with the revival of the baidarka styles or kayak.
Dyson was a visiting Lecturer and research associate at Western Washington University’s Fairhaven College and was Director’s Visitor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey in 2002-03. He is a frequent contributor to the Edge Foundation .
He lives and works in Bellingham , Washington and is the Father or Lauren Dyson.
- To Mars at A-Bomb: The Secret History of Project Orion , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znmZeEycRwE
- “The Starship and the Canoe, http://zenbeat.t-galaxy.com/e2703892.html
- Baidarka the Kayak , 1986, Alaska Northwest Books, ISBN 0-88240-315-X
- Darwin Among the Machines , 1997, Basic Books (USA) & Allan Lane Science (UK), ISBN 0-7382-0030-1
- Project Orion: The Atomic Spaceship 1957-1965 , 2002, Allan Lane Science, ISBN 0-7139-9267-0
- Turing’s Cathedral, 2012 Pantheon, ISBN 0-375-42277-3
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Obituary or Verena Huber-Dyson” . Moles Farewell Tributes . 12 March 2016. Archived from the original on 12 December 2016 . Retrieved 12 January 2016 .
- Jump up^ Brower, K. (1978)The Starship and the Canoe,ISBN 978-0-03-039196-5. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- Jump up^ Brower, Kenneth (27 October 2010). “The Danger of Cosmic Genius” . theatlantic.com . Retrieved 3 April 2015 .
- Jump up^ Maslin, Janet (June 10, 2012). “The summer’s books offer good reads for just about everytime taste” . San Jose Mercury News . Retrieved 26 June 2012 .
- Jump up^ Kellogg, Carolyn (February 20, 2013). “Announcing the 2012 LA Times Book Prize finalists” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved 22 February 2012 .
- Jump up^ “On the Same Page with George Dyson: The Dawn of the Computer Age” . University of California Berkeley. Archived from the original on January 13, 2014 . Retrieved January 21, 2014 .