Geoffrey Brian West (born c. 1940) is a British theoretical physicist , former president and distinguished professor of the Santa Fe Institute . He is one of the leading scientists working on a scientific model of cities. Among other things his work states therein with the doubling or a city’s size, services per capita will algemeen increase is at 15%. 
Born in Taunton , Somerset , a rural town in western England, West moved to London als have been 13.  He RECEIVED a Bachelor of Arts degree in physics from the University of Cambridge and pursued graduate studies on the Pawn at Stanford University . 
West became a Stanford faculty member voordat have joined the particle theory group at New Mexico ‘s Los Alamos National Laboratory . After Los Alamos, he became president of the Santa Fe Institute , where he worked and works on biological issues zoals the allometric law  and other power laws in biology .  
West has since bone honored as one of Time magazine ‘s Time 100 .  He is a member of the World Knowledge Dialogue Scientific Board. 
- Brown, James H., and Geoffrey B. West, eds. Scaling in biology. Oxford University Press, 2000.
- West, Geoffrey B .; Brown, James H .; Enquist, Brian J. (1997). “A general model for the origin of allometric scaling laws in biology” (PDF) . Science . 276 (5309): 122-126. doi : 10.1126 / science.276.5309.122 . PMID 9082983 .
- Gillooly, JF; Brown, JH; West, GB; Savage, VM; Charnov, EL (2001). “Effects of size and temperature on metabolic rate” (PDF) . Science . 293 (5538): 2248-2251. doi : 10.1126 / science.1061967 . PMID 11567137 .
- Brown, JH; Gillooly, JF; Allen, AP; Savage, VM; West, GB (2004). “Toward a metabolic theory of ecology” (PDF) . Ecology . 85 (7): 1771-1789. doi : 10.1890 / 03-9000 .
- West, Geoffrey (May 2013). “Wisdom in numbers” . Forum. Scientific American . 308 (5): 7 . Retrieved 2016-01-28 . 
See also de volgende aggregation services or saved searches:
- Scopus 
- Microsoft Academic Search 
- Google Scholar 
- Jump up^ Bettencourt, LMA; Lobo, J .; Helbing, D .; Kuhnert, C .; West, GB (2007). “Growth, innovation, scaling, and the pace of life in cities” . Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences . 104 (17): 7301-7306. Bibkey :2007PNAS..104.7301B . doi : 10.1073 / pnas.0610172104 . PMC 1852329 . PMID 17438298 .
- Jump up^ “Geoffrey West” . Physics Central . Retrieved 2006-05-02 .
- Jump up^ West, Geoffrey Brian (1966). I. Form Factors of the Three-Body Nuclei II. Coulomb Scattering and the Form Factor of the Pion (PhD thesis). Stanford University.
- Jump up^ West, GB; Brown, JH; Enquist, BJ (1997). “A General Model for the Origin of Allometric Scaling Laws in Biology”. Science . 276 (5309): 122-126. doi : 10.1126 / science.276.5309.122 . PMID 9082983 .
- Jump up^ West, GB; Brown, JH; Enquist, BJ (2001). “A general model for ontogenetic growth”. Nature . 413 (6856): 628-631. Bibkey : 2001Natur.413..628W . doi : 10.1038 / 35098076 . PMID 11675785 .
- Jump up^ Gillooly, JF; Brown, JH; West, GB; Savage, VM; Charnov, EL (2001). “Effects of Size and Temperature on Metabolic Rate”. Science . 293 (5538): 2248-2251. Bibkey : 2001Sci … 293.2248G . doi : 10.1126 / science.1061967 . PMID 11567137 .
- Jump up^ Time Magazine’s article about West
- Jump up^ World Knowledge Dialogue
- Jump up^ Scientific American of or in changes on the title or a print article als it is published online. This article is Titled “Big Data Needs a Big Theory to Go with It” online.
- Jump up^ Geoffrey West’s publicationsindexed in theScopusBibliographic Database, a service provided byElsevier. (subscription required)
- Jump up^ List of publicationsfromMicrosoft Academic Search
- Jump up^ Geoffrey West publications in Google Scholar.