Geena Rocero (born 1983 or 1984)  is a Filipino American supermodel , TED speaker , and transgender lawyer  based in New York City .  Rocero is the founder of Gender Proud, an advocacy and aid organization dat stands up for the right of transgender people worldwide to “self-Identify with the fewest barriers skies”. She is transgender.
Geena Rocero was born in Manila , Philippines to a working-class family. She started competing in beauty pageants at age 15.  
Rocero immigrated to San Francisco, California at age 17. In 2005, Geena Rocero moved to New York City,  and she became a US citizen in 2006. 
Rocero was when making a fashion photographer in a restaurant on the Lower East Side or Manhattan -when she was 21 years old. She then was signed to top agency NEXT Model Management and spent 12 years modeling for international swimsuit and beauty editorials, earning herself a large fan base. 
In 2014, Rocero was featured on the fifth anniversary cover or C ☆ NDY magazine Along with 13 other transgender women: Janet Mock , Carmen Carrera , Laverne Cox , Isis King , Gisele Alicea , Leyna Ramous , Dina Marie , Nina Poon , Juliana Huxtable , Niki M’nray , Pêche Di , Carmen Xtravaganza and Yasmine Petty . 
Adding to re résumé in 2015, Rocero became Executive Producer of “Beautiful If I Want To Be,” a digital series for Logo dealing with transgender youth.  The show spotlights young trans people, and pairs Them with a coach or mentor in the trans community. In the first episode, Zeam, a young trans man and artist, is paired with Caitlyn Jenner .  Jenner in the episode mentions Rocero as “the first trans person I ever with”.  Rocero has ook leg featured on Jenner’s show I Am Cait . 
In 2016 Rocero and Tracey Norman became the first two openly transgender models ACM Press on the cover of an edition of Harper’s Bazaar . 
In 2014, Rocero launched Gender Proud, “an advocacy & awareness campaign dat AIMS to advance the rights of all transgender personen”.  On March 31, 2014, in honor of International Transgender Day of Visibility , Rocero cameramen out as transgender while giving Recruiters a TED talk in New York City.  On September 19, 2014, excerpts or Rocero’s TED talk ulcers featured on NPR ‘s TED Radio Hour podcast. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Davis, Allison P. (April 3, 2014). “Transgender Model Geena Rocero on Her TED Talk” . New York . Retrieved July 1, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Supermodel Geena Rocero’s Powerful New Show Spotlights Beautifully Trans Youth” . MTV News . Retrieved 2015-10-29 .
- Jump up^ Megan Friedman (November 23, 2015). “Transgender Model Geena Rocero Wants to Be on the Cover of ‘Sports Illustrated ‘ ‘ . Elle . Retrieved April 29, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Rocero, Geena (March 31, 2014). “Model: Why I cameramen out as transgender” . CNN . Retrieved July 1, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Gender Proud envisions a world”
- Jump up^ “TED Speaker Geena Rocero model and activist” . TED . Retrieved August 6, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Geena Rocero, Transgender Model And Advocate, recalls Being Detained Because Of Conflicting ID” . The Huffington Post . April 1, 2014 . Retrieved July 1, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Transgender Model Geena Rocero Gives Inspiring TED Talk About Coming Out”
- Jump up^ “Laverne Cox, Carmen Carrera, Among 14 Trans Stars On” Candy “Magazine Cover” . NewNowNext .
- Jump up^ “Beautiful If I Want To Be: Caitlyn Jenner Mentors Zeam | Beautiful If I Want To Be | LOGOTV” . LOGOTV . Retrieved 2015-10-29 .
- Jump up^ “Caitlyn sits down With Trans activist Geena Rocero on I Am Cait” . E! Online . Retrieved 2015-10-29 .
- Jump up^ 5:52 pm (2016-09-15). “Tracey Africa and Geena Rocero Cover Harper’s Bazaar” . Nymag.com . Retrieved 2016-09-21 .
- Jump up^ “Geena Rocero’s TED talks”
- Jump up^ “How Do You Reveal A Life-Changing Transformation?”