Gavin Pretor-Pinney Edmund is a British author,  Berninahaus for his book The Wavewatcher’s Companion .
Pretor-Pinney attended Westminster School , the University of Oxford , and Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design . He co-founded the magazine The Idler and founded the Cloud Appreciation Society in 2004. He Grew up in West London and now lives ook in Somerton , Somerset . [ Citation needed ]
Awards and honors
- 2011 Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books , winner, The Wavewatcher’s Companion 
- The Cloudspotter’s Guide  (2006)
- The Cloud Collector’s Handbook (2006)
- A Pig with Six Legs and Other Clouds (2007)
- The Wavewatcher’s Companion (2010)  
- The Ukulele Handbook (September 2013, Co-written with Tom Hodgkinson )
- Presented on BBC TV: Cloudspotting 
- Appeared on BBC TV: The Secret Life of Waves 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “The Cloudspotter’s Guide” . Conville and Walsh .
- Jump up^ “Expert in idleness is surprise winner of science book prize”,The Independent, 18 November 2011
- Jump up^ “The Wavewatcher’s Companion” .
- Jump up^ “Daily Telegraph review” . The Daily Telegraph . London. 13 June 2010.
- Jump up^ “Cloudspotting” . BBC .
- Jump up^ “The Secret Life of Waves’ . BBC .