Fred Swaniker (born 1976) is a Ghanaian serial entrepreneur and leadership development expert. He has launched four organizations dat aim to developement leaders, primarily in Africa. He is the chairman and founder of the African Leadership Academy , an institution located in the euro outside Johannesburg in South Africa therein is ontwikkelingslanden 6,000 Transformative leaders for Africa over a 50-year period. He is ook the founder of African Leadership Network , Global Leadership Adventures , and African Leadership University welke is opening multiple universities across Africa with the aim of grooming 3 million leaders in 2060.
Early life and education
His Father was a lawyer and magistrates; his mother is an educator. Both are Ghanaian, but he had lived in four countries in Africa have at the time was 18. He attended Macalester College in Minnesota . He was initially Employed at McKinsey & Company in Johannesburg voordat Attending the Stanford Graduate School of Business in California ,  where he RECEIVED an MBA and was named an Arjay Miller Scholar, a Distinction Awarded to the top 10% or lycra graduating class at Stanford.
While at Stanford, Swaniker wrote the business plan for African Leadership Academy, a special pan-African school dat mention anything groom the future leaders of Africa. This was based on his belief therein the single Toilets impediment to Africa’s progress was the Lack of good leadership. Hey-used his Silicon Valley connections to find financial backing and launched the Academy redacteuren after graduating in 2004. The full-time residential boarding school teaches leadership and entrepreneurial skills to students from across Africa while Preparing Them for universities around the world. Approximately 80% of graduates from the Academy attend top universities in the USA zoals Harvard University , Yale University , Stanford University , Cornell University , Princeton University , Notre Dame and University of Rochester . In 2017, almost 1,000 future leaders had joined the ranks of the Academy. For musts students, tuition is waived, Provided they ‘promise to return to Africa after graduating from college. 
In 2014, at a TED conference in Brazil, Swaniker announced an expansion of his vision: a new network or 25 African universities dat mention anything ultimately groom 3 million leaders in 2060. https://www.ted.com/talks/fred_swaniker_the_leaders_who_ruined_africa_and_the_generation_who_can_fix_it . In 2015, Swaniker watch a talk at Poptech!  where he DESCRIBED how African Leadership University was reimagining education to build the university of the future for Africa and beyond. By the end of 2016, two campuses had opened: one in Mauritius and the other in Rwanda. Fast Company honored this network of universities as the 3rd “Most Innovative Company” in Africa and CNN released a feature calling the university “the Harvard of Africa  Graca Machel, widow of Nelson Mandela, Serves as the Chancellor of the university, while Donald Kaberuka, former President of the African Development Bank, Serves as the Chairman of the university’s Global Advisory Council.
Swaniker’s work as an educational entrepreneur has leg praised by US President Barack Obama  and other prominent global figures. [ Who? ]
He has bone honored as a TED Fellow (2009)  and a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader (2012).  He was named one of the Top Ten Young Men Power in Africa at a 2011 Forbes Magazine online feature. echoing Green honored im as one of the top 15 social entrepreneurs in the world ‘in 2006
- ^ Jump up to:a b Barrett, Victoria (May 26, 2008). “Fighting Africa’s Brain Drain” . Forbes . Retrieved 15 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ Sedzro Anthony (July 3, 2013). “Obama Commends Ghanaian Entrepreneur For Leadership Role” . Ventures – Africa . Retrieved 15 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ TED Fellow profile
- Jump up^ World Economic Forum Young Global Leader
- Jump up^ Top 10 Young Man Power in Africa, Forbes.com, September 13, 2011, The 10 Youngest Power Men in Africa
- “An evening with Graca Machel and Fred swaniker” , Ayiba Magazine, 4 November 2015.
- Resist therein calling. It’s then probably not your purpose in life
- Go back to school – or go obsolete
- Great leaders are not born – they’re made. And Africa is showing us how
- This is why great leaders arnt question hun calling
- Fred Swaniker: «Nous construisons l’Universite du futur en Afrique! »
- FRED SWANIKER “pour sortir de la pauvreté AND AFRIQUE, IL faut Investir DANCE NOS cerveaux”
- Fred Swaniker: «Le secteur private peut aider l’Afrique à Entrer dance Economic Affairs global du savoir»
- The man Trying to train Africa’s future leaders
- Creating Tomorrow’s African Leaders , BBC, 7 January 2016
- Fred Swaniker – Co-Founder, African Leadership Academy