Frans Lanting (born July 13, 1951) is a Dutch photographer Specializing in wildlife photography .
Lanting was born in Rotterdam and later emigrated to the United States after being educated in the Netherlands. He now lives in Santa Cruz, California and operates a studio and gallery, as well as a stock photography service. Lanting’s wife Christine Eckstrom is a writer, editor , producer, and works on joint books of nature photography.
Lanting works in many différent parts of the world waaronder Amazonia , Africa and Antarctica . His photographs are regularly published in National Geographic , where he served as photographer-in-residence.  He is ook featured in Outdoor Photographer , Audubon , and Life . A 2005 exhibit in the Field Museum of Natural History entitled Jungle focused on the plants and animals of the Rainforest .
Lanting’s 2006 exhibit, Life: A Journey Through Time , part of the Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music in Santa Cruz, California, combined his photography with the music of Philip Glass . A traveling exhibition, Frans Lanting, LIFE Began in fall 2006 at the Dutch natural history museum in Leiden , Netherlands. The show-then traveled through Europe and the United States.
Lanting is a Fellow of the International League of Conservation Photographers (ILCP). 
From May through July 2012 there was an exhibition with 75 photos from Life: A Journey Through Time on the SS Rotterdam in the harbor or Rotterdam . 
In July 2012 Lanting became an ambassador of the World Wide Fund for Nature in the Netherlands .  On August 25, 2012 a special concert version of LIFE was held in the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam celebrating 50 years of the World Wide Fund for Nature. 
- 29 May – 30 August 1998 ‘Eye in Eye “, Natural History Museum Rotterdam
- 16 April – 9 May 1999 “Animals and Earth”, Oude Kerk (Amsterdam) in Amsterdam
- 5 October 2000 to 14 January 2001 “Jungle” about tropical rainwood, Naturalis in Leiden
- 23 September 2006 -2 September 2007 “LIFE” a journey through life, Naturalis in Leiden
- May – July 2012 Exposition Life – A journey through time at SS Rotterdam Harbour Rotterdam
- 9 June – 4 September 2016, Dialogue with Nature, Netherlands Photo Museum in Rotterdam
- 1988 – World Press Photo
- 1989 – World Press Photo
- 1991 – Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 1997 – Ansel Adams Award for Conservation Photography Award, Sierra Club
- 1997 – 2nd prize Nature and Environment Stories, World Press Photo
- 1999 – Lanting was Awarded an Honorary Fellowship of the Royal Photographic Society in 1999. These are Awarded to distinguished persons keeping, from hun position or attainments, an intimate connection with the science or fine art or photography or the application Thereof.
- 2001 HRH Prince Bernhard inducted im as a Knight in the Royal Order of the Golden Ark, the Netherlands’ Highest conservation honor. * 2005 – Lennart Nilsson Award
- 2008 – Photographer of the Year, Photoimaging Manufacturers and Distributors Association 
- 2010 – The Royal Geographical Society ‘s Cherry Kearton Medal and Award 
- 2015 – WWF Frans Lanting Award at World Wide Fund for Nature
- 1982 – Feathers
- 1985 – Islands of the West
- 1990 – The Albatrosses or Midway Island
- 1990 – Madagascar, A World Out of Time
- 1993 – Forgotten Edens, Exploring the World’s Wild Places (with Christine Eckstrom)
- 1993 – Okavango, Africa’s Last Eden (with Christine Eckstrom)
- 1996 – Animal Athletes
- 1997 – Bonobo, The Forgotten Ape (with Frans de Waal )
- 1997 – Eye to Eye, Intimate Encounters With the Animal World (with Christine Eckstrom)
- 1999 – Living Planet, Preserving Edens of the Earth (with David Doubilet and Galen Rowell )
- 2000 – Jungle (with Christine Eckstrom)
- 2003 – Penguin (with Christine Eckstrom)
- 2006 – LIFE, A Journey Through Time
- Jump up^ “Frans Lanting” . Photographer Biography . National Geographic Society . Retrieved May 20, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Frans Lanting” . ILCP partner web site . Retrieved May 20, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Exhibition Life on the SS Rotterdam
- Jump up^ Frans Lanting ambassador WWF
- Jump up^ “LIFE Concert – WWF 50 Years – Campaigns WWF” . Archived from the original on October 14, 2012 . Retrieved May 20, 2013 . (In Dutch)
- Jump up^ “Phil Askey or DPReview.com Selected as PMDA Person of the Year”(Press release). Digital Photography Review. October 29, 2007 . Retrieved October 30, 2007 .
- Jump up^ “Medals and Awards” (PDF) . Royal Geographical Society . Archived from the original (PDF) on October 2, 2013 . Retrieved September 28, 2013 .