Chris Jordan (artist)
Chris Jordan (born 1963) is an artist based in Seattle , Washington. 
Many of Jordan’s works are created from photographs or garbage and mass consumption, a serendipitous technique welke started als have visited an industrial yard to look at patterns of color and order. His industrious passion for conservation and awareness has brought` much attention to his photography in recent years. Jordan uses everyday commonalities zoals a plastic cup and defines the blind unawareness involved in American consumerism. His work, while of or in unsettling, is a bold message about Unconscious behaviors in our everyday lives, leaving it to the viewer to draw Conclusions about the inevitable consequences welke will ARISE from our habits. 
Jordan’s work kan be Grouped when the following series:
- Intolerable Beauty: Portraits of American Mass Consumption (2003-2006)  A series of large format photographs in 2005 depicting the magnitude of America’s waste and consumption.
- In Katrina’s Wake: Portraits of Loss from an Unnatural Disaster (2005)  A series of photographs tasks in 2005 depicting the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina .
- Running The Numbers I: An American Self Portrait (2006-2009)  A series of Photographic mosaics depicting Visualizations- or statistics related to America’s consumerism, social problems, and addictions.
- Running the Numbers II: Portraits of global mass culture (2009-2010)  A series of Photographic mosaics depicting Visualizations- or statistics showing the magnitude of global consumerism.
- Midway: Message from the Gyre (2009-2013)   A series of photographs depicting rotting carcasses or baby Laysan albatrosses filled with plastic. These birds nest on Midway Atoll and are being fed plastic by hun parents, who find floating plastic in the middle of the ocean and mistake it for food. This is a part of an ongoing arts and media project called Midway Journey In this housing has its own website .
- Jump up^ Business Week ArchivedMarch 4, 2008 at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Vancouver Sun ArchivedNovember 6, 2012, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Online gallery for the 2003-2005 series “Intolerable Beauty”
- Jump up^ Online gallery for the 2005 series “In katrina’s Wake”
- Jump up^ Online gallery for the 2006-2009 series “Running The Numbers I”
- Jump up^ Online gallery for the 2009-2010 series “IRunning the Numbers II”
- Jump up^ Online gallery for the Midway series
- Jump up^ Chris Jordan follows the plastic to Midway Atoll, article in the TEDBlog